[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>people think the Gen V experience scaling is a good idea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

>people think the Gen V experience scaling is a good idea in SM

enjoy getting that lv100 without frustration
>>
File: 1390447648734.png (20KB, 267x367px) Image search: [Google]
1390447648734.png
20KB, 267x367px
>needing to be level 100
>muh bottle caps

You know breeding still exists, right? And if you're that much of a pampered bitch, just hack what you want in.

It's people like you why Gen 6 was casual babby tier.
>>
>>30247901
Frustration is a really shitty move, anon. It's not hard to get to max happiness.
>>
>>30247946
except there is no benefit from scaled experience

even those blissey won't be giving much

>muh extremeties
>>
>>30247946
>Breeding still exists
And it's still shit. I mean yeah, now it's actually possible to get 5IV dittos without insane luck, but it's still pure autism.
>>
File: 1448321539809.png (713KB, 500x604px) Image search: [Google]
1448321539809.png
713KB, 500x604px
>>30247987
Yeah, I bet you use EXP Share too.
>>
>>30248035
>his only argument is shitposting

here's mine, I bet you love Elder Scrolls
>>
File: 1480109722357.jpg (87KB, 953x960px) Image search: [Google]
1480109722357.jpg
87KB, 953x960px
>>30248089
Because you're a whiny little bitch who deserves nothing more than it.

EXP Scaling brings difficulty to the main story. Sure, to most experienced veterans who are avoiding the shitty Alolan mons for some reason have no issue, but to the casual player/child it's a decent challenge. The EXP Scaling was added with this in mind, so you can't mindlessly overlevel your Pokemon to steamroll 100% of the game.

On the other hand, you have plenty of options to powerlevel your Pokemon. The Elite Four still give decent EXP until the high 70s, and you can stack Restaurants in Festival Plaza for more powerleveling from there on.

You don't need level 100s unless you're a lazy, casual fuck who can't into breeding.
>>
>>30248190
>being this assmad

Nice blogposting, faggot
>>
>>30248190
>EXP Scaling brings difficulty to the main story.

not really, it just creates a "standardization" of levels within an area, and you can still end up having overpowered mons regardless of that anyway

it's a poor implementation of "difficulty control" to say the least, as seen in many games that try any form of scaling (and sometimes introduces another way of breaking the game anyway)

>using scottpilgrim image reaction
>>
File: 1407197805734.png (230KB, 594x480px) Image search: [Google]
1407197805734.png
230KB, 594x480px
>>30248267
Pokemon has fuck all for balance, so most forms of difficulty control will fall flat on its face. I think this is one of the better methods. It's not perfect, mind you, but there was an attempt. Can't say the same for Gen 6.

>being triggered by reaction images
>>
>>30248344
It's not really a better method since it only poorly attempts to prevent the player from going "overleveled" even though they probably still are. If they really want to do a control they could pull an FFT and simply make the mons gain 1EXP until clearing certain badges or such.

In any case, 100 is useful for checking out IVs for certainty. I guess there's level 75 but at that point you're already feeling the slowness.

No I'm just questioning your taste. That one is at least from a good source.
>>
File: 1434712582028.jpg (67KB, 622x486px) Image search: [Google]
1434712582028.jpg
67KB, 622x486px
>>30248466
I don't think GameFreak wanted to implement any sort of artificial EXP reduction. At least it makes sense that lower levels provide less EXP; you don't get better from beating on things weaker than you.

Maybe I'm just biased and I have no problem waiting a few days. I don't see any rush to get to level 100, and I think people complaining endlessly about the slow EXP rate are impatient children spoiled by X/Y handing you things on a silver platter. The system could be better, but it is what it is. If they don't like it, they can jump onto simulators like everyone else.

>I'm just questioning your taste.
I don't care about the sources. I just save whatever image I find amusing.
>>
>>30248634
I just think scaling shouldn't really harm strong trainers, since they already have base exp in their coding. It kinda makes the supposed "exp pinata" mons pointless especially if they're seen as rare challenges.

And don't really blame it on XY or ORAS. Even BW/BW2 provided a way to reach 100 despite the scale via the challenge areas. SM meanwhile didn't really provide anything, which is what grinds me.

Scott Pilgrim art is garbage and should be purged honestly.
>>
>>30247946
Breeding can't give you max IVs and the hidden power you want.
>>
>>30248730
Fair enough. The EXP scaling isn't a bad thing in theory, but I agree there should've been a more convenient method to go along with it. As long as it remained post-game, I'd have little problem with it. As it stands though, what's in place now was supposed to try and provide challenge. Whether it worked or not may vary from person to person.

I still stand by my stance of not necessarily needing to get to level 100 for competitive teams. Getting a 4-5 IV Ditto (or even 6 IV from questionable sources) is easier than ever. If people to get dozens of level 100s overnight, it'd cut down severely on breeding (and that's -clearly- not GameFreak's intent... for whatever insane reason).

And I am blaming X/Y for making everything incredibly easy. It spoiled people.
>>
>>30248877
Eh XY might have been easy, but it didn't really spoil people as you can see the difficulty complaints it has. People praise its QoL though and that can't be seen as bad.
>>
File: 1468562571792.jpg (16KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
1468562571792.jpg
16KB, 720x405px
>>30248936
>difficulty complaints
People legitimately thought X/Y was hard? Compared to S/M, X/Y didn't have EXP scaling, it didn't have any trainers with more than 4 Pokemon other than the Champion, and 90% of the Kalos Pokedex didn't suck like Alolan mons.
>>
>>30249052
no I by difficulty complaints I mean the players knew it was too easy
>>
>>30248877
>And I am blaming X/Y for making everything incredibly easy. It spoiled people.
That's a ridiculous view.
You're basically saying it's bad to make cumbersome systems and mechanics less of a chore on players.
>>
>>30247987
Exp scaling means you can actually switch out your party as you go through the game without screwing yourself over.
>>
>>30248190
You're right + you don't need dozens of level 100s unless you're competitive fag and in that case, you'd want to stick to battle simulators anyway.
>>
>>30249470
How about instead of making them less cumbersome we make them not cumbersome at all?

IVs have no need to exist when they're always going to be maxed by players/hackers anyway (and only a select few gimmick moves make use of lower IVs anyway).
I also appreciate what the new EXP Share set out to do. Lessening the need to grind is good, but you'll be at least 10 levels over the Champion's ace by the time you get to the E4. Too much of a good thing is never good.
>>
File: IMG_9843.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9843.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>30247901
Ok
>>
>>30249619
>but you'll be at least 10 levels over the Champion's ace by the time you get to the E4. Too much of a good thing is never good.
That's why they give you the ability to turn it off. It's literally meant as a quick fix if you fall behind our want a new mon.
>>
>>30248190
Is there a guide out there that is for retards to into breeding?
>>
>>30249735
1. meet girl
2. fuck girl (in the pussy, no degenerate shit)
3. don't pull out
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.