[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this fucker so slow? I mean he has shit stats anyway,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: marowak.png (118KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
marowak.png
118KB, 500x500px
Why is this fucker so slow? I mean he has shit stats anyway, so would making him a little faster be a huge issue. If they were worried about him being OP, they could've just nerfed Thick Bone.

Doesn't make any sense for him to be slow from a thematic perspective either, since he's an agile fire dancer.
>>
>>30241775
Ever seen a fire dancer run?
>>
>>30241775
except a-marowak is already strong retard
>>
>>30241775

I've never seen him in action.

What would be a good set for Marowak Alola?
>>
>>30241775
A-Marowak is already super good though. He doesn't need speed with the absurd amount of resistances/immunities that he has.

>>30241907
Current build:

TikiTembo (Marowak)
Item: Thick Club
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 248 hp/252 atk/ 8 sp def
Adamant nature
-Bonemerang
-Flame Charge/Flare Blitz
-Shadow Bone
-Will o Wisp
>>
>>30241775
>I mean he has shit stats anyway

His attack is huge
>>
File: 1478071809896.jpg (48KB, 200x207px) Image search: [Google]
1478071809896.jpg
48KB, 200x207px
Just teach it Flame Charge, its got the physical bulk to set that up as well as it being a physical attack, you just need one boost and you're pretty much outspeeding most of the game considering how slow as shit everything else is.
>>
>>30241907
Lightning Rod for his ability, Thick Club as his item and Shadow Bone for sure (he "learns" some of his moves as A-Marowak before he actually evolves which is fucking stupid, you're going to have to Heart Scale them if they're before Lv28 and Cubone doesn't also get it). Flame Charge/Flare Blitz (Fire Punch is transfer only IIRC) and Bonemerang/Earthquake. The last one can be Will-o-Wisp, Stealth Rock, Swords Dance, Substitute, etc. The actual EV spread and Natures vary quite a bit but most put at least 248 in HP with the rest in Atk/SpD/Spe depending on exactly what they want out of him.
>>
Why would I want to run him cover Chandelure? Legit curious.
>>
>>30242462
Chandelure isn't allowed in VGC 2017 (not an Aloladex mon)
>>
>>30242135
he has to waste an item slot to make it that way. Without it he's complete garbage.
>>
>>30242462
Chandelure doesn't have Lightningrod, isn't a physical beserker, and doesn't have excusive moves specifically for him and his physical abilities. The only thing Chandelure and A-Marowak have in common is the typing, outside of that they have two completely different roles.
>>
>>30242462
Phys instead of special, elec immunity due to ability, unique hold item that doubles his attacking stat. He also currently counters multiple top-tier pokemon.
>>
>Why is this slow
Because everything is slow this generation
>>
>>30241775
Thick Bone was created to try to buff it in first place.

I've noticed that all Alolan Variations retains the Total Base Stats of the original form. (example both Raichu and Alolan Raichu shares 485 BST)
>>
>>30241775
He is amazing you fucking nigger
>>
>>30242462
Lightningrod. Even more wall breaking power with thick club. Laughs at chansey because physical. Can easily break Heatran with bonemerang. Base 100 Def meaning it can sacrifice some speed to be a much better bulky attacker. I love Chandelure a lot but Marowak really has a lot going for it.
>>
>>30242925
What other item does he need though? That's right nothing. Sure it makes him susceptible to knock off but that's the same for any mon bar megas and Zmove users
>>
>>30241775
does he not have agility or shadow sneak?
>>
>>30241775
Most Alolan pokemon are pretty slow. I think it's the island attitude that makes the math somehow thematically appropriate - but its still fucking doo-doo because it's not like it'll affect the meta. You can't force people to be slow after the pokemon bank floodgates open and all the pokemon become irrelevant again sans legendaries and the odd Z-move user
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.