[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>bucktooth retard >picks the starter weak to yours >blows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 12

File: IMG_4929.png (67KB, 170x488px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4929.png
67KB, 170x488px
>bucktooth retard
>picks the starter weak to yours
>blows you the whole game
>dumped halfway through in favor of Lillie
Will Shauna 2.0 go down as the worst Pokemon character ever made?
>>
File: 1480110691603.jpg (451KB, 1448x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1480110691603.jpg
451KB, 1448x2048px
You sound like you could use a malasada.
>>
>>30241651
Hau's cool though. He just wants to have fun and chill with his Raichu eating malasada. MC's kind of an autist, so Hau will probably win the Lillie bowl.
>>
>you can actual tell him that his boat joke isn't funny
>he responds just by looking angry at you

He's one of the best bunching bags ever made
>>
>>30241651
>picks the starter weak to yours
He literally gets it before you, I'm tired of this meme
>>
The fuck is this exaggeration? Hau is leagues better than the shit characters in XY.
>>30241735
Hau's annoyed faces never stop being funny
>>
But he's simple and kind enough that you could bully him into cosplaying a Lass.
>>
>>30241651
Hau is ass for sure, but he's a far cry from the feces "characters" of XY.
>>
>>30241727
This. Not to mention Gladion likes him by the end of the game so he'll support him all the way.
>>
>>30241735
i would love to see video of this senpai
>>
>>30241651
I liked him. It'd probably be annoying if there were a bunch of others like him following you around like that shit posse of 1-dimensional characters in XY.
>>
>>30241670
This really makes me want Sun and Moon to have sequels like BW2 so we see where everyone is
>>
>>30241651
He has Pokemon before you, you pick his weakness everytime.

We're the Rival beating him to the punch at every turn like Green with Red.

Except unlike Red, Hau can never redeem himself.
>>
he didn't pick a starter weak to yours
you chose second - you picked a starter strong to his

YOU ARE THE RIVAL
>>
>>30241651
He's an incredibly neutral character
You can say he doesn't do much, but there's no reason to actively dislike him
Also, his A Raichu puts up a fight
>>
Hau's character is just
>I suck but I had fun
>I'll never be as good as grandpa
>Dude malasadas
>>
>>30241899
>Also, his A Raichu puts up a fight
his A Raichu got oneshotted everytime and hes a retard with only two pokemon for the bigger part of the game

i will never get this "woah man Hau is so hard! best rival" meme
>>
Ok so like...are hau and the MC cousins? [spoler]he calls their mom auntie[/spoiler]
>>
>>30241913
>I'll never be as good as grandpa
Which is funny because his grandpa honestly suck.

Hau is THAT bad.
>>
>>30241913
exactly. 10/10
>>
>>30241916
No one is saying he's 'so hard or the best rival' though
This is exactly what I mean, a weirdly vehement hatred for Hau for no real reason
>>
Unless you used the exp share he's one of the more challenging rivals in the series.
>>
I want to see how badly the MC is going to break Hau once they see Lillie again.
>>
>>30241913
The alternative is

>my parent are ace trainers!
>hey lets battle!
>oh darn i lost
>repeat above 10+ times
>WHY CAN'T I WINNNNNN
>develops inferiority complex
>literally can't stand battling them since it's like kicking a wounded puppy...over and over
>>
>>30241939
>No one is saying he's 'so hard or the best rival' though
Plenty of people do
"Woah i had trouble with Hau! Great fights unlike most of the other rivals"

See:
>>30241962

No, you don't need exp share to thrash Hau, you just need one of the two most common attack types in the entire game to one shot his fucking raichu
>>
>>30241916
Hes not hard at all and hes not a great rival, but hes waayy better then the shit we got in gen6, plus personally i don't love the edgy rival like Silver. Hau would be fine if his team was better and he was more competitive
>>
>>30241651
STOP GIVING ME MAX REVIVES IT'S EMBARRASSING
>>
There's a lot of casuals here.
>>
>>30241989
Fuck you those max regives saved me vs the "champion"
>>
>>30241989
I used every single one of those during elite 4/kukui
>>
>>30241651
Hau seems pretty chill with an appetite for malasadas. He has his own dreams and aspirations with a tidbit of emotional turmoil.

I honestly feel sorry for him especially towards the end when he challenges you for your Champion title but you proceed to beat him down and crush his dreams again. He's forced to admit he's weak again.
>>
>>30242013
>losing pokemon during the elite 4
are you ok?
do you have brain damage?

i can understand against kukui because his team is varied enough but losing pokemon to the four easiest types to deal with in any order you want is just you being retarded and bad at pokemon
>>
>>30242004
>>30242013
>These are the same people who call you a casual for using EXP Share
>>
>>30242032
Stop being an ass.
>>
>>30242032
Not everyone over leveled anon.
>>
>>30242046
>implying I even used the EXP share

Please I went into the league with level 47-50 pokemon
>>
>>30242046
>admitting you're a casual
>>
>>30241651
>Everyone forgot Barry even existed.
>>
He's closer to being male keion than the whole cast of Free!
>>
>>30242046
And the alternative of using Exp Share and never having a chance to lose a mon is better?
Come on, now
>>
>>30242054
it's not overleveling anon
it's "stop beng retarded and use a supereffecttive move on the types that have shittons of weaknesses"
>>
>>30242075
Barry was shit until the postgame.
>>
>>30242032
By any chance were you playing with shift on? Or using the exp share? Or spamming X items and setting up 3 Nasty Plots / Sword Dances?
>>
>>30242032
i went in with decidueye, ice crab and mud horse. was difficult to deal with flying girl because fucking ice crab is fighting type and ghost girl if i was outsped twice in a row to a shadow ball on grass bird
>>
Hau is the first "friendly rival" that didn't suck ass, fuck off OP.
>>
>>30242081
You do realise this isn't gen 1 right?
Purely using SE moves won't get you through unless you've overleveled.
>>
>>30242094
>By any chance were you playing with shift on?
No
>Or using the exp share?
No
> Or spamming X items
No
>nd setting up 3 Nasty Plots / Sword Dances

Excuse me, i can't use moves anymore? So you are retarded after all?

>waaaah you cheated you used swords dance and quiver bug
>>
>>30242081
>looks like a flying type elite four member
>she leads with a Skarmory

How are you supposed to know beforehand without resetting? Stone Edge from Lycanroc can't one-shot a Skarmory and you'll eat a Steel Wing to the face you fucking retard.
>>
File: 1475674485853.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1475674485853.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>30241897
HOLY
FUCK
>>
>>30242077
I guaranteed half or more of the people in this thread saying it was still easier played with the Exp share on.
>>
>>30242102
ice crab is the worst pokemon in the game
no wonder you had trouble

>>>30242081 (You)
>You do realise this isn't gen 1 right?

Do you? Flying and Fighting pokemon go down to their weaknesses quick as fuck. The only one that holds on a bit stronger is Bewear but his moveset is too crap to do any damage

>>30242122
skarmory is a flying pokemon you idiot
if you never expected it to appear its your own goddamn fault for not having a single fire move in your whole team - not like you need one because you can tank with shit like slowbro and slowly headbutt it to death anyway

and as soon as he's dead you can stone edge 1hitKO everyone else from her team
>>
>>30242119
Spamming 6 quiver dances against a computer AI that doesn't know how to stop human players from setting up just kills any form of challenge. Mimikyu can set up 3 sword dances against a Hariyama that keeps spamming Fake Out because its AI is retarded.
>>
>>30242119
>Excuse me, I can't use items anymore?
>Excuse me, I can't use in-game leveling mechanics?
>Excuse me, I can't use a battle style?
See, it works for any of these
Anyone can say a Mimikyu Sword Dance sweep is just as much of a crutch as popping a Max Revive or two
>>
File: hau.gif (2MB, 248x273px) Image search: [Google]
hau.gif
2MB, 248x273px
>>30241759
>>
>>30242132
Despite being under leveled hala, olivia and acerola(ninetales freeze hax) were not hard. Kahli did the most damage.

Kukui was...something to say the absolute least.
>>
>>30242163
>Anyone can say a Mimikyu Sword Dance sweep is just as much of a crutch as popping a Max Revive or two
And they would be stupid. You still waste turns setting up your buffs and can be killed while doing it. It's very different from overleveling or abusing items
>>
>>30241897
>you are the rival
>you can be a dick to Hau
>you beat up an helpless evil team that isn't actually evil and are just are trying their best just to survive
>you are also the champion

Literally Gary.
>>
>>30242182
>waste turns
>can be killed while doing it
>>30242155

Also, using items takes turns too
>>
>>30241925
no
kukui also calls you cousin

>>30242169
kek
>>
File: thumbs.jpg (24KB, 301x267px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs.jpg
24KB, 301x267px
>>30241651
The trip to the Aether headquarters after Po Town redeemed this faggot for me.

>Raichu is suddenly super fucking solid
>Hau is consistently actually great
>best line of the whole game
>>
I get slightly annoyed when people call hau a rival when he's not a rival

He is never called a rival,he is called a "friend",gladion is more of a rival than him

If anything WE are his rival who is always a step ahead. He didn't pick the starter weak against ours we picked the one with an advantage over his. We are always the one a head. He just never gets his win or retribution
>>
>>30242203
You're not allowed to like him, please STOP that at once
>>
>>30242132
I guarantee you're retarded and is upset because not everyone is as retarded and had the same trouble as you

Remember Bruno? Aka the weakest E4 member for all time? He used Fighting and Rock pokemon and he fucking sucked because Rock and Fighting pokemon are easy to deal.

Then the Alola E4 have two members, one using Rock, other using Fighting

>b-but mechanics changed, it's not 2.0x anymore!

Rock types dying to pretty much anything and Fighting types being obliterated by even the weakest psychic/fairy move never changed

If you had trouble with Olviia or Hala you have mental problems.
>>
>>30242193
you beat 'em up to teach 'em a lesson that they're not all they think they are. you're helping them re-integrate into society
the actual "evil team" is the aether foundation, or at least some of its ex-top members
>>
>>30242220
Do yourself a favor and don't out yourself as a casual next time.
>>
>>30242220
baka
>>
>>30242243
>lose to olivia
>call anyone else casual
>>
File: 1458776904128.gif (126KB, 352x265px) Image search: [Google]
1458776904128.gif
126KB, 352x265px
>>30242193
Nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>30242265
>using the exp share and projecting your losses
>calling anyone else casual
>>
File: you.jpg (106KB, 568x745px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
106KB, 568x745px
>>30242290
>waaah you used exp share because i said so

No matter how much you repeat that it wont still be true and you will still be a retard for losing to Olivia
>>
File: MOMS.jpg (61KB, 800x999px) Image search: [Google]
MOMS.jpg
61KB, 800x999px
>>30242214
>>
>>30241651

>S2M2 rolls around.
>"Hi! I'm Hau! Pokemon League Champion, haha!"
>"Oh, my friend was the former Champion. I never beat them or anything, ahah."
>"No, they actually forfeit when I challenged them."
>"And then the next day they were gone haha. They just left a note saying that they went to go find Lillie and that was more important than a title. I have a crush on her by the way haha, I was actually going to go look for her myself."
>"I wanted to follow them and find Lillie too, but apparently I can't leave in case there are challengers like yourself, Haha"
>"Anyway let me heal your team before we start"
>"Oh, and here. Take these too! I don't need them haha!"
>Received Hau's Dignity
>Received Hau's Testicle x2
>"Oh! Haha, you beat me! Guess I still need to get stronger. Say, do you wanna go grab some Malasada?"
>>
>>30242119
So what happens during the offchance that you get hit with a crit while you're setting up? Or if you just get horrible RNG? Sometimes there are situations where you're forced to lose a mon.
>>
>>30242354
>So what happens during the offchance that you get hit with a crit while you're setting up?
healing move

>Or if you just get horrible RNG?
I deal with it

Being screwed by RNG doesn't make a fight hard, though.
>>
>>30242316
>and you will still be a retard for losing to Olivia
>still projecting your losses on other people
So not only did you use the Exp share you managed to lose to both Hala and Olivia.
That's pretty pathetic. After all you're the only one saying anything about losses while being awfully specific.
>>
>>30242390
>Setting up Quiver Dances with Ribombee.
>At 3/4th health
>I should be safe with Sp. Def boosts
>Random crit Shadow Ball that bypasses boosts
>Ribombee Dies

There you go. You lost a Pokemon to Acerola.
And if you lose a Pokemon to RNG, that still goes against your original point.

>losing pokemon during the elite 4 due to unfair RNG

are you ok?
do you have brain damage?
>>
>>30242412
>complain about projecting while projecting

Do you need a mirror or something
It's getting quite embarassing

>>30242439
>hurr you use ribombee against everyone

What is Slowbro
>>
>>30242453
>Setting up Calm Mind with Slowbro.
>At 1/2th health
>I should be safe with Sp. Def boosts
>Random crit super effective Shadow Ball that bypasses boosts
>Slowbro Dies
>>
>>30242471
>what is slack off

slowbro can't be twoshotted unless you got the shittiest stats and EVs possible, but he can pretty much oneshot acerola's entire team either with psychic or zen headbutt
>>
>>30242453
You do realise what projecting is right?
Here's a tip. If someone doesn't mention their own experience that's not projecting in the slightest.
>>
>>30242506
>You do realise what projecting is right?
I do. Do you? Read your own posts again and find out.

>you're using exp share because i said so
>you also lost to someone because you said you didn't and that made me mad, so you totally lost
>i-i'm not projecting you are!
>>
>>30242497
You'll be using an in-game Slowbro. Please provide damage calcs for non-ev trained Pokemon. And two Shadow Ball crits in a row is guaranteed death even with Slack Off.

So that's one instance where you'll lose Slowbro. Therefore by your logic, you're a retard for getting bad RNG.
>>
>>30242533
Typical that you wouldn't know what projecting is. Seriously though, it's okay to admit you aren't the fastest person anon.

Also you're still projecting here.
>>
>>30241962
Two of the 3 starters can one shot his raichu. He is not that tough.
>>
>>30242611
Bet you used exp share and overleveled.
>>
>>30242611
>implying your stater is faster than Raichu and not getting one shotted by a Psychic.
>>
Can you faggots shut the fuck up?

It's a game and whether you suck or not doesn't change the fact that you're still a faggot.
>>
File: 1477029761779.png (134KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1477029761779.png
134KB, 500x375px
Hau is cool and a total bro.
>>
>>30242533
>>you also lost to someone because you said you didn't and that made me mad, so you totally lost
Not him but you do realise saying someone is mad while replying in a somewhat aggressive manner is the definition of projecting right?
As in you're projecting your anger on to him.

Same goes for you saying that he lost to Hala and Olivia when no one ever said anything about losing to them.
>>
>>30242646
The only one who can be one shotted by Psychic is Decidueye and only as Decidueye
>>
>>30242628
Of course he did. The starters don't learn any decent moves by that point.
>>
>>30242670
And he's projecting that i used exp shared. That's what i pointed out you dumdumb. Both are projecting but he's the one using it as his argument while denying doing it.
>>
Hau doesn't stay happy-go-lucky idiot though. His development is subtle because he's fucking 11, but it's there.

He actually grows up, starts trying, and even winds up getting legitimately frustrated at his losses instead of "haha i lost oh well at least i had fun"

Gladion calls him out on his "i just wanna have fun" schtick being an excuse not to try and having to confront the reality and pain of losing - something Hau eventually accepts.

But Hau's STILL such a cool guy that he learns to give it his all, accept the bitterness of defeat, and not turn into a melodramatic rage baby about it. He's a top tier friendly rival. Most of the characters in Sun and Moon are great.
>>
>>30242706
>Gladion calls him out on his "i just wanna have fun" schtick being an excuse not to try and having to confront the reality and pain of losing

He does that in the first gladion encounter
Hau remains a happy-go-lucky idiot through the entire game

>b-but he got sad once

And went back to happy-go-lucky idiot right after
The only one with character development was Lillie. Even Gladion is just a rehashed Silver down to the pokemon evolving by happiness before the final encounter.
>>
>>30242645
I went primarina, so I had no trouble tanking raichu. That said, one is IMMUNE to psychic, and the other gets priority moves iirc.
>>
Has is actually the first friendly rival I've liked in these games. He's a cool guy. Much better than sperging Barry.
>>
>>30242732
Fight Hau when you're defending your Champion title.
>>
>>30242732

>b-but he got sad once

He was upset multiple times

- failing to protect Lillie
- Gladion calling him out
- You beating him just before the Pokemon League when was going all out
- Literally sobbed when Lilly bailed on short notice

Sure, Gladion's arc was pretty trite, but Hau actually displays emotions beyond happiness -he has been sad, pissed, and skeptical multiple times, a lot if you pick the right dialogue options. People just label him as "permanenly happy" because it's easier, but he actually had his moments: Calling Faber on his bullshit for example.
>>
>>30241651
I feel sorry for hau having to be a rival over a story character
All of the important story characters had reasonable depth and purpose while hau just followed you around and battled you sometimes while making obvious observations cause it's all his role is allowed to do
>>
>>30242732
"It's hard to be strong enough to admit that you're weak... you know?"

"Seriously! This is really frustrating, you know? I seriously tried my hardest, you know? But I had a blast going all out against you. So thanks."

Wise words coming from a "happy-go-lucky idiot."
>>
>>30242781
Hau had purpose and development...
>>
>>30242497
>>30242506
>>30242533
Imagine being this fucking childish and brain-bendingly pedantic in argumentation.

I don't think any of us care how either of you play a video game or how you feel about others' playstyles and skills, you have to be 18 to post. Full stop.
>>
>>30242800
"awww i lost but you're my friend so its cool xD thanks"

Yeah that's being a happy-go-luck idiot.

You don't have to get happy when you get your ass kicked - see Gary

>but gary and red are not friends

They end up being friends. Which is development instead of "we're best buds forever just because"
>>
File: IMG_20161126_140317.png (1MB, 1373x811px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161126_140317.png
1MB, 1373x811px
>>30241651
Well?
>>
>>30242848
I always pick the nice option because i'm a sucker but in this one i had no doubts about picking "it was supposed to be funny?" because it was a horrible joke

Totally worth it
>>
>>30242848
I picked the botton one. The face he made was worth it.
>>
>>30242848
It was supposed to be funny?
>>
>>30242830

But that's not what he did. Literally the quote shows that he's not rolling over like a bitch, he's pissed, but it would be super out of character for him to throw a tantrum or like go into a depressive episode. He's still your friend and by this point you've been through a decent amount. He swallows his pride and accepts the loss, and thanks you for giving him the opportunity to really push himself.

saying it was an "awww i lost XD" is oversimplifying it a lot
>>
>>30242699
Actually, you just got mad at a passing mention of the exp share that wasn't even directed at you.
>>
>>30241651
>implying you didn't totally wipe to that beast Raichu the first time you fought it.
>>
>>30242830
Being a good sport is better than being a sore loser.
>>
>>30242699
>Both are projecting
Dude, you can't project what you don't let out.
You're the one that got mad because of the exp share and you're the one that said he lost to the first two Kahuna.

The only one who's projecting is you, right after you got triggered by something that wouldn't have affected you if you didn't do it.
>>
>>30241651
never knew I could hate a word like a currently hate 'malasada'. made me angry just typing it now
>>
>>30242812
>act surprised at everything
>friends with everyone since forever
There wasn't any developement
>>
>>30242947
>lol i didnt said you used it but you totally used it

Let's just drop this stupid argument already, you're a retard and that won't change and the thread is already shitty enough as it is
>>
>>30242912

>fighting Hau at Maile city
>"hey alolan raichu, it actually looks pretty cool, wish i could fight it longer but i'll probably wipe the floor with it, ah well"
>one shots my lead
>"..."

I won, but that was a awkward moment. It happened again outside of the Pokemon League. That thing is fast and hits hard as shit.
>>
>>30242912
>first time seeing his raichu
>one level over my team bar wimpod who was three didn't think much of it
>lead with wimpod to get an easy kill with stab leech life or at least switch out
>proceeded to kill my team
Well.
>>
File: 1478233062311.gif (1MB, 298x206px) Image search: [Google]
1478233062311.gif
1MB, 298x206px
>Imagine people arguing and getting mad over a character
>Imagine people arguing how to play the game, very poorly might I add
I wasn't going to post in this thread, but the derailment is hilarious.
>>
>>30242990
Are you saying that out of acceptance or denial of your actions?
Seems like the latter.
>>
>>30242987

"haha i wont even try really, winning or losing doesn't matter, it's just about having fun!"

to legitimately competing and putting his heart into his battles

it's pretty direct
>>
>Think Hau is a pushover for half the game
>Fight after the Aether Foundation
>Get fucking destroyed by his Raichu
>Game just lets you keep going if you lose
>No matter how many times you beat him afterwards he will have beaten you that one time
>>
>>30243025
I'm saying that out of being tired of a stupid argument that you will never admit being wrtong so if you're autistic enough to insist for that long just to have the final word, then have it, think whatever you want and be happy, just stop derailing the fucking thread
>>
>>30242070
Reading comprehension
>>
>>30243055
You know you have like, three anons calling you out on your shit right?
>>
>>30242990
>>30243025
>>30243055
>>30243075
COULD YOU FUCKERS JUST SHUT UP AND GET A ROOM ALREADY FOR FUCKS SAKE
>>
>>30243104
Caps won't solve your problems you know.
>>
>>30242655
Someone make an edit of this with the MC having his "OuO" face.
>>
>>30241916
His Raichu nearly fucked my team up on the beginning of the third island because I lacked a ground type and he was fast enough to obliterate the types I had strong against Raichu.
>>
>>30243182
That raichu comes out of nowhere. The only way is can see someone going through without losing at least one mob is if they decided to grind beforehand.
>>
>>30243207
You don't need to "see it beforehand" you just need a ground type mon or ground type move, which by that point of the game is not really hard to have on your team

>Hau uses Raichu!
>oh raichu better switch diglett in
>raichu ded
>>
>>30242337
Whats interesting is when you run though the E4 a second time Hau faces (You) as (You) are the current champion, and he is actually sad for once when he loses.
>>
>>30243182
>lead with my newly caught sandyghast
>grinded a little, a few levels under that raichu
>get one-shotted with psychic
>>
>>30243035
Literally every character does this and his form of it isn't standing out
The only thing that ever made me double take was his raichu sweeping me at the start of the third island
Then he went back to being a pushover mext time I fought him, who knew
>>
>>30241670
Kahuna's Malasada. What a wonderful phrase.
>>
>>30243227
Only problem being that all the ground types in S/M are boing.

I'd rather kill myself then have a ground type in my team at the moment.
>>
>>30243227
>leaving yourself open to a STAB psychic
Diglett is now dead.
Not to mention A-Raichu is faster.
>>
I just understood that the story of the Alolan Raichu is made to match with Hau's love for Malasadas.
>>
>>30241651
Hau's a shit rival in just about every way, except he's the only one besides Blue that actually made it through the E4

other than Blue i'm pretty sure everyone else just gives up when you beat them right in front of the building. Excerpt maybe the autist guy from Unova
>>
>>30241835
that would be pretty rad if it happened.
>>
>>30241913
didn't like him at first but he's a good rival

I'm gonna say it
Best rival we've had
Wasn't a cunt like Blue
Wasn't an edgelord like Silver
Wasn't a complete pushover like Wally
Wasn't as much of an autist as Barry
Wasn't as annoying as Bianca
Wasn't as boring as Hugh
Wasn't Tierno, Trevor, or Shauna
>>
>>30243244

"literally every character does this"

what? First of all Gladion obviously doesn't. He's the foil to Hau and calls him out that particular mindset almost immediately.
Lilly isn't "haha not trying" - she's literally not a Pokemon trainer, but it is true that she does become one. But that's clearly not out of some epiphany about competitive spirit.
The Player Character is a mime
Every other kid is a fucking trial captain and doing their best - yes, they're all trying to have fun, but they're up front about their ambition and drive to win.

Hau's initial lack of competitive nerve masked as "haha whatever" is actually pretty distinct. The only person who has something like it is Lillie, and even that's clearly pretty different.
>>
>>30242848
It was pretty funny, good joke, Hau. I love you!
>>
>>30245290
Hahaha you didn't even put Cheren. I guess that goes to show no one remembers Cheren.
>>
Criticizing Lillie for "not trying" as Pokemon trainer is like criticizing a lawyer for "not trying" to bake cakes. It's not in their fucking job description, so it's inane to dismiss them as "not trying".

The initial problem with Hau is that he claims to be a Pokemon trainer but proceeds to throw up his hands and say "whoopee winning doesn't matter!" until the second act of the story kicks in. He claims to be something, but then displays no meaningful competitive spirit. Fortunately he gets better right about the time he fails to protect Lillie you raid the Aether paradise.
>>
>>30241651
Atleast he uses an evee that's effective against your starter
>>
hau is only pretending not to care about winning cause he's scared he'll never be good enough to beat his grandpa

they say it like 5 times it's not even subtext
>>
>>30245974
>expecting people who shit on SM to have played the games
>>
fuck off Hau was dope
>>
>>30242153
This is poor bait. It's obvious that a SE move isn't a guaranteed OHKO on most of their Pokemon, most people don't overlevel to secure a OHKO and teams aren't guaranteed to have perfect coverage. Try harder.
>>
>>30242081
The elite four actually have a ton of coverage with their typings this game. Not to mention bewear is a fucking beast if you don't have a special attacker that can stand up to him (I did, but the amount of special attackers available in this game feels surprisingly low). Also, not everyone uses 6 pokemon.
>>
>>30245290
>stop posting your shitty pasta everywhere, Hau also isn't even a rival you down syndrome fuck
>>
File: 1471149962406.png (228KB, 394x370px) Image search: [Google]
1471149962406.png
228KB, 394x370px
>>30242912
>>30242998
>>30243010
>not using STAB Crunch on A. Raticate
get good, anons. get good.
>>
>>30242337
Damn, you didn't even let him keep on of his balls?
>>
>>30241735
Based Sun Moon for allowing us the options to be an ass.
>>
>>30241651
OP, have you played the game? Hau seems 'alive' and is his own character. He is the friendly rival done right. He has his stand, he's not just some tools for us to step on like the underdeveloped Kalos 4 Rivals. He's Hau.
>>
>>30243207
I sent out my A-Grimer and had no issue whatsoever. Psychic fizzled and stab Bite killed it immediately.
>>
>>30243207
I just Mud Slapped it to death with Charjabug. Or Grubbin, I don't even remember.
>>
>>30241651
Well considering Shauna still exists, probably not. That's saying nothing of Tierno too.
>>
>>30241739
Oh shit.
We're the rival.
>>
>>30243252
underrated posted
>>
>>30242032
Not everyone used EXP share anon :^)
>>
>>30241651
No, the trophy to the worst character reward goes to Tierno.
>>
>>30242193
You got one thing wrong though, you defend your champion title unlike Gary.
>>
>>30242706
If you go through title defense after being champion and Hau is the one to challenge your champion spot after beating the elite 4, he actually basically implies that he's sick of being weak and losing despite him fully trying to win, but that he's still having fun.

The little things like that are what makes the character development in Sun and Moon really nice
>>
>>30242032
>le git gud xdddddddddd

t. Sub 1200 shitter
>>
>>30242497
>Oneshot her team.
>Her first is immune to those moves
Thread posts: 166
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.