[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember closed Power Plants in Kalos? Paniola Town has ONE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 3

File: 51.jpg (28KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
51.jpg
28KB, 400x240px
Remember closed Power Plants in Kalos?

Paniola Town has ONE building you can enter, other ones are closed

Remember short empty route 1 in Kalos?

Alola has a fucking long Mahalo Trial with nothing on it

They're not learning one bit and those are just tiny examples, there's more pointless locations in the game
>>
The region barely has any towns in general I noticed.
>>
>>30238514
>Remember short empty route 1 in Kalos? Alola has a fucking long Mahalo Trial with nothing on it

I never got this. Why are people mad about it? Routes like those are just there for atmosphere, what's the problem with that?
>>
>>30238514
They always have buildings you can't enter though. That's not "new", that's been a constant throughout the series.

The power plant was a problem because there were doors that we could never enter and it looked like a big wide area to explore. These are just single/double-room houses.
>>
>>30238514
Also the golf court and the power plant being completely closed off despite taking up a big space on the map. The lighthouse is also weird, why put a very specific building if you can't even enter it
>>
>>30238743
>They always have buildings you can't enter though. That's not "new", that's been a constant throughout the series.

Remind me another town or city with one building you can enter
>>
You're really trying hard to make people hate the game, buddy.
>>
>>30238760
Not the point desu
>>
>>30238759
>he doesn't know how to get in the golf course
I thought it would be common knowledge by now.
>>
>>30238760
Saffron
Goldenrod
Mauville Hill apartments
>>
>>30238743
>They always have buildings you can't enter though

Not to the point where there's only one enterable building per town.

almost every town in the game is pokemon center + clothes shop + hair shop + 1 misc building you can go in and that's it.
>>
>>30238769
>You cant say negative things because its hate REEEEEEEEEE

No, fuck off, the game has many flaws and people will talk about them
>>
>>30238791
Wait
Can you actually get into the golf course?
>>
>>30238796
That's lame, sure, but I don't find it surprising.
>>
>Wild west-themed town is the one with only ONE accessible building
MY COWBOY HEART CAN'T HANDLE THIS BETRAYAL

YOU DON'T KNOW HOW HAPPY I WAS WHEN I REACHED PANIOLA AND THEN JUST

DISAPPOINTMENT
>>
>>30238818
Yes. Post game only though.
>>
File: Pokemon SuMo World Design.png (199KB, 540x292px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon SuMo World Design.png
199KB, 540x292px
>filename
>>
>>30238843
HOW, though?
>>
>>30238795
Ecah of those has at least few buldings you could enter

Are you dumb? Lost memory?
>>
>>30238813
It has flaws, but People are really trying ti be angry instead of focusing on the goods
>actual characters
>actual difficulty
>Alola is not a circle like the last regions
>memorable villain team
But then again I'm on /vp/, I should expect it by now
>>
>>30238813
>many flaws
>WAHHH I CANT ENTER SOME IRRELEVANT BUILDING THAT I'LL ONLY EVER LOOK AT ONCE
>WAHHHH THIS TRAIL HAS "NOTHING ON IT"
>PLEASE GIVE ME ATTENTION GUYS I CAN ARGUE THESE GAMES ARE BAD BECAUSE OF THESE AUTISTIC OPINIONS I HAVE WAHHH
LITERALLY you right now.
>>
>town doesn't have a bunch of buildings full of useless NPCs who tell you how to equip berries or talk about their boyfriend in Johto they write letters to or some other dumb shit, but you need to talk to every single one of them anyway because maybe one has a TM

How is this a bad thing?
>>
>>30238858
you can't
>>
>>30238514
>Maholo Trial
Hau will be the Trial Master in Pokemon Stars
>>
>>30239003
>>Alola is not a circle like the last regions
So? Its still linear as fuck

>>actual difficulty
HAHAHAHA

>memorable villain team
Because they're the weakest yet? And the boss is the biggest disappointing in the franchise except for maybe Archer from HGSS
>>
>>30239003
>Alola is not a circle like the last regions

They just made four circles this time. Or rather, four spirals you can't ever travel off on your own and explore.
>>
>>30239078
This basically read
>I'm dumb

>I lacked the self control to turn off the exp share so I'm gonna blame it on the game

>I have shit taste

I'm guessing you're from reddit?
>>
>>30239084
You've never been able to go off on your own and explore nah, just kidding. But can you imagine?
>>
>>30239099
I bet you also think the post game is the biggest and best right?
>>
>>30238743

Uh, gen 3, or Hoenn at least, every house and building you could see, you could enter except a few in Sootopolist, but that's it.

Why have something with nothing inside? A copy pasted interior with some fucker giving you a berry or some funny dialogue would've been better than nothing.
>>
>>30239003
>actual difficulty
When will this meme end?
>>
>>30239138
It felt like they were actually trying this time.
Kahuna and others have fully EV trained Pokémon
Totems have surprisingly good movesets and summons
>>
>>30239056
>WAAAAAAH WHY DO PEOPLE DISAGREE WITH ME AND DISCUSS THINGS THEY DON'T LIKE ABOUT THINGS I LIKE ON A DISCUSSION BOARD
>WAAAAH PLEASE GIVE ME MUH LEDDIT UPVOTE ECHO CHAMBER
LITERALLY you right now.
>>
>>30239078
>Because they're the weakest yet? And the boss is the biggest disappointing in the franchise except for maybe Archer from HGSS

This is the only thing I'll disagree on. Skull/Aether are leagues above Rocket, Neo Rocket, and Magma/Aqua.
>>
>>30239078
>So? Its still linear as fuck
That's just not true. No other game had the routes branching off like Alola.
>>
>>30239138
>When will this meme end?
When will this meme end?
>>
>>30238760
Ever Grande City :^)
>>
>>30238514
This was one thing I disliked about SM. The towns in general were boring. Even XY had more memorable towns.
>>
>>30239283
Not that anon but,

>Branching off
Do you mean straying off the path for 5 seconds to find an item or a patch of grass? If you strayed off the main path, chances are you are going to return to it within 10 seconds.
>>
>>30239003
>Actual difficulty
Maybe if this is the first time you've ever played Pokemon, yeah, but I don't see how anyone who's played anything before Gen 6 could find Sun/Moon even remotely hard. It's harder than Gen 6, but that's not saying much at all.
>Alola is not a circle
Like the other guy said, it's just six smaller circles. Literally every path is a simple route around the coast of the islands.
>Memorable villain team
Team Skull did literally nothing, what the fuck are you talking about? All they did was take over one town and mildly bother people throughout the game. They're not even taken seriously in-game. The Aether "twist" about Lusamine being corrupt was obvious from the moment they introduced the Aether foundation.
>>
>>30239283
What the fuck are you talking about? The only time the path splits up is just for a random item or something. The biggest "branching path" in the game is that segment on the path to the Battle Tree at Poni Meadow.
>>
>>30239414
>six
Four, rather. And Poni hardly counts with how fucking tiny it is.
>>
is there any chance of added locations/pokemon later or is this literally the same game that it will be in 365 days from now
>>
>>30239414
>they are not even taken seriously
That's the point
>>
>>30239414
not him but just cos the evil team didn't accomplish anything in the story doesn't mean they're not memorable
everybody loves them
>>
>>30239470
>>30239469
>J-Just because they're useless and don't do anything in the games doesn't mean they're bad!
Maybe bad isn't the right way to describe them, it's more that their potential was massively wasted.
>>
>>30239490
You are really not getting it?
The fact that they are useless thugs is what makes them charming
>>
>>30239490
It was wholly refreshing to not be just another world-ending cult that's focused on the box legendary
>>
>>30239534
>>30239625
I mean that they LITERALLY don't do anything.

As in they are barely involved in the story.

You only see Guzma, what, three times before the endgame? And Plumeria less still.

I'm not saying that they themselves are badly made, I'm saying that they were far too absent from the game and made virtually zero impact.
>>
>>30239250
>n-n-no u!!
Thanks for proving me right.
>>
>>30239127
I bet you think good post game means battle frontier.

k. y. s. Take your garbage taste back to r/pokemon.
>>
>>30239635
You tend to see leaders around that amount of times though
>>
>>30239635
They're thugs, you beat up their grunts in every damn island. Their involvement in the story is being thugs. Do you really not get that?
>>
>>30238720
I kind of like Mahalo trail, but route 1 Kalos is no excuse, it's TOO short, can't really notice how great the music gets if you never stop.

>>30238514
Paniola town is cool,it's like a quiet old western town. I do not mind at all that we can't enter every building there.

Despite that, it bothers me that there are tonssssssssss of doors in the game just BEGGING to be opened, and are not interactable. I can see them adding doors to be more realistic, but it still hurts...

>>30239400
Similar but different for me. I kind of like how the towns are merged with the routes, the sad thing is that they become forgettable though.
>there are people in this thread more focused on Team Skull than they are on Aether.

Patternfags patternfagging...
>>
>>30238514
Not the point of the thread, but I've also noticed a reduction in objects that you can interact with.
>>
Route... 9 I think? In S/M is literally a police station, a single fishing spot, and like 2 trainers.
Oh, and a sign that basically says 'boy this route sure is short, huh? :^)'
>>
>>30240339
It's sad
>>
>>30240339
I still press a at every garbage can.
Someday... maybe someday.
>>
>>30238514
>Remember closed Power Plants in Kalos?

>Paniola Town has ONE building you can enter, other ones are closed

They did this in past gens too, expect they wouldn't even put fucking doors on all those big buildings.
>>
>>30240473
>They did this in past gens too
Which gen had a whole town with only one building you can enter?
>>
>>30240507
Does Saffron count? Out of 20 buildings, only 5 or 6 could be entered.
>>
>>30240777

>5 & 6
>Only one building
>>
>>30240799
Nigga I asked if that counted.

Most towns don't even have as many buildings as Saffron does. Percentage-wise it sounds about the same as a small town with only one openable door.
>>
Its actually sad watching people try this hard to force others to hate the game.

It's like certain elements /vp/ are so addicted to hate, that they must try to infect everyone else with it too.

I remember when the cia got leaked and people just shitposted for 10 days about how S/M was shit and GF dropped the ball.

Release day arrives and most people are blown away by it with little to complain about. Get a fucking life.
>>
>>30238514
>Remember short empty route 1 in Kalos?
>Alola has a fucking long Mahalo Trial with nothing on it
>comparing a 2 second straight line of nothing with mahalo trail that despite not having anything is still varied and interesting enough to serve its purpose as filler
>>
>>30239663
>unironically using kys
No, you go back to lebbit.
>>
>>30238514
Why does this matter? The franchise has had cut content since Red and Green.
>>
>>30241488
It's called Sinnohfoeti. They hope by convincing others gen 4 wasn't objectively the lowest point in the franchise's history, they can convince themselves that it's not just nostalgia that makes them love those games.
>>
>>30241648
>implying they're not kalosperms trying to get back all these years of people finding their gen shit by attacking SM to make XY looks better
>>
>>30238514
>Remember closed Power Plants in Kalos?
There is also a power plant in Alolawith a fenced off area behind it.
>>
towns have literally always just been checkpoints to get items, talk to useful NPCs, and sometimes there'll be a useful facility

that's it

stop acting like it's been any different
>>
File: 1456678218611.png (231KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1456678218611.png
231KB, 480x360px
>>30238571
I think that was intentional to make it feel like a tropical Hawaii paradise, but it disappoints me too. Hau'oli city, "the biggest city in Alola", is super tiny.
>>
>>30238760
>Remind me another town or city with one building you can enter

They all have one building you can enter. Most of them have more than one.
>>
>>30239643
>>30241488
You are saying people can't discuss somet because it doesn't bother you. Which is retarded

/vp/ is filled with people who only want positive posts about the games they like, and anyone who thinks otherwise is just a shitposters or an angry person rather than someone with a legit gripe. In their world, nobody can dislike something they don't unless they're a nitpicker asshoke with no life. I honestly can't understand this way of thinking. I like the game but there's things about it that suck.

>>30239283
Literally what are you talking about

>>30240339
This is also true. I was surprised at how little you could interact with in the supermarket.
>>
>>30239003
Actual characters is a positive, but since Kalos is the only region without actual characters, its not very special in that regard

I'll agree with the difficulty. But again, outside Gen 6, this was always the case.

Alola is literally 4 circles.

Team Skull is best team, but Rocket, Plasma and Galactic were also pretty memorable
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.