[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It makes me sad that this guy is the most poorly-written villain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (281KB, 422x1198px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
281KB, 422x1198px
It makes me sad that this guy is the most poorly-written villain in the series except maybe RSE Archie and Maxie.

A villain whose goal was to purge the people he considered unproductive leeches on society could've been great; plenty of real life shootings and genocides have happened because of that goal and if he had asked the player innocent questions at first about whether certain people deserve help or not and then taken them to their logical conclusions the game could have been pretty interesting morality-wise.

Too bad gamefreak had no idea what to do with him.
>>
>>30238107
I mean

Yeah
>>
>>30238107
>"I will rid the world of filth! I will kill them all!"
>"Oh you, Lysandre. You're such a joker."
This triggers me every time.
>>
>>30238107
Manga and anime redeem him

Game versions always tend to be the worst
>>
this guy had 0 buildup
>>
>>30238107
Not to mention he's hot.
>>
>>30238107
He's got bitchin fashion tho. Kinda looks like a WW1 German uniform.
>>
>>30238107
>people take to much and it's a burden on the world, ruining the beauty of the world
>the games with the richest fucking towns and how much they talk about how they live in nature with Pokemon
>games try to show off the most beauty in the series
>>
>>30238107
That's not Giovanni.
>>
>>30238884
Giovanni is written well for what he is. He's just a mob boss, he doesn't need some grand story. His syndicate gets busted so he runs off to train in the hopes of being able to reestablish it. Also he has an estranged son. That's good enough.
>>
>>30238107
Gen 6 remakes once Gen 9 comes around. They'll have a chance to redeem him then. It'll be interesting to see how they reconcile trifusions with the now depreciated and megaevoluitons though. Will they just replace them in the story entirely?
>>
File: 250px-CyrusPlatopen[1].png (20KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
250px-CyrusPlatopen[1].png
20KB, 250x188px
I liked how Cyrus was just an egotistical psychopath played straight, he was a decent pokemon villain in my opinion
>>
>>30238836
He's wearing a blazer with furry lapels.

It's pretty fucking gay
>>
>>30238107

>will get rid of the filth of the world
>the one that got into his special club are mostly the filth of the world

Sure makes you think.
>>
>>30239017
Was probably the point, but they didn't write it well enough to get that across.
>>
>>30239010
Shit taste
>>
>>30238107
it's impossible to have hair like that
>>
>>30238107
Team Flare is still better than the team we got in generation 2. A goal to bring a former leader back is uninteresting, and they fell apart way too early into the game.
>>
Lysandre is easily the most wasted potential of the villains if nothing else. A villain who turns to radical solutions because he's fed up with human apathy/entitlement is a scarily realistic scenario.

>>30239017
This was a big problem too, it's like 3 different people wrote the story in XY.
>>
>>30238147
If the game versions are the worst, I hope Lusamine is no exception. I loved her in the games with how messed up she was, and I can't wait to see how even more twisted she'll be in the manga.
>>
>>30239017
he was only using them is the point, but they somehow botched that
>>
>>30238107
If you want a good Lysandre just watch the episodes he's in. He's fucking great in the anime.

He's good in the manga as well.
>>
>>30238988
What I liked about Cyrus is he kept his crazy destroy the world and rebuild it plan to himself. The Galactic grunts were clueless to what they were fighting for, though I suppose the same could be said of Team Plasma in BW1. I didn't like how in Aether the regular grunt workers with the caps were in on the plan, it made sense for the lab workers to know Lusamine's intentions at least but not the grunts.
>>
>>30239374
His backstory in the anime is like the exact same one. In some ways he was actually worse, because when he goes on his spiel on how people started taking his charity for granted, it makes him seem incredibly petty, like he's mad that welfare queens exist and therefore everyone should die.

In the games at least there was room to interpret it as that certain people ruined his charitable efforts, and the few NPCs you run into who talk about him seem genuinely thankful that Lysandre once helped them.
>>
>>30239456
>backstory is the only thing that makes a character good

His character was simply a lot better in the anime.
>>
>>30239507
Fair enough, I'll agree he was more fun to watch if only because he actually fucking appears in more than just the final moments of the plot. I'm just saying I didn't like how they somehow made him even less morally ambiguous than he was in the games, which already didn't do a particularly good job of that.
>>
>>30238960
Nah bro they're only gonna do remakes every second Gen now since it seems like they want two per console from now on.
>>
Even though he seemed sad about it with the crying part I think his goal of wiping out all Pokemon because people only use them selfishly as tools was actually the main goal. He was secretly trying to liberate humanity from their dependence on Pokemon.
>>
>>30239010
Kill yourself
>>
>>30238107
Still the best looking one though.
>>
>>30239378
Their dialogue suggests they were simply given orders to stop intruders. The researchers are the ones who knew what was going on in the island's underbelly.
>>
So...did he die in the anime or did zygarde send him into ultra space secretly? Z beam z moves...
>>
>>30239532
>>30239456
his moral stance was still the same, in that he was once a good guy but humans hurting pokemon and hurting each other warped him too much to the point of wanting Zygarde to reset the world

it is better in the anime that it shows Team Flare actually being a philanthropic team before that rather than a bunch of rich goons
>>
>>30240083
he turned into dust

and is chided by a loli
>>
>>30239974
The grunt may not know all the story, but they certainly know there is a "dark side" of Aether foundation though. They also try to make MC's gang "conveniently disappear" to silence them. They are at best completely amoral, consumated wage-slave.
>>
>>30240269
E K PUNI CHAN!
>>
File: DELE.png (61KB, 539x340px) Image search: [Google]
DELE.png
61KB, 539x340px
DELETE THIS
>>
>>30238145
>he actually goes and tries to do it
>"wtf Lysandre, have you been leading the Team Flare all this time?"
>>
I still don't remember the plot of XY even though I played it like 5 times.

I remember he tried to kill everyone, but not why or how.
>>
>>30238988
In a remake will he instead be trying to make an ultra wormhole to take him to his new dimension.
>>
>>30238960
>They'll have a chance to redeem him then.
He's dead in like...everything
>>
Remember he can't be all bad because he has the powerful bond with the heart and soul of his Pokémon to properly wield mega evolution.
>>
>>30241277
But in S/M Mega Evolution brings a Pokemon great pain or makes them go insane.
>>
>>30241321
I think the implication is that's why you need such a strong and powerful bond to use it right, to overcome the great pain and keep them from going berserk like in mystery dungeon
>>
>>30238107
Yeah, he could have been an evil John Galt. Or rather an even more evil John Galt.
>>
>>30238107
French Hitler was the best villain in the franchise.
It was at least somewhat relatable.
>>
>>30239010
(You)
>>
>>30239017
I read some theory about that, where he knew that using the weapon would make his base collapse in on itself. He collected all the people he hated in one place, so that the base would collapse on all of them.
Probable? Maybe not. Makes much more sense for his character than the story GF botched, though.
>>
I wonder why the fuck the game had 4 female scientists who did jackshit but still got their own models unlike gym leaders, elite four and the fucking champion.
>>
Still better then Lusamine. Least he did something. Only reason Lusamine is liked is because yanderes are the flavor of the month and most pokemon fans want to fuck the "girl" of the gen.
>>
>>30242158
I mean that's the whole thing with Lysandre, people have made a lot of theories about his motivations and his plan that are all way more interesting than what the game itself showed.

I mean, I get the impression GF might've been concerned with making a kid's game too dark by diving in the details of Lysandre's motivation. But if that's the case they really shouldn't have gone with the idea to begin with.
>>
>>30238107

>>30239017
If you read the books in the Cafe, you understand Lysandre thinks all humanity is trash. He just picked random peoples and said he chose them to "reduce" the amount of humans alive.
His goal isn't to purge the filth, it's to reduce the amount of humans so much, that it's enough for the Earth to sustain everyone's life without the environment and the such being destroyed.
He is kinda well written if you read everything. It's just the story which is rushed.
>>
>>30238107
Same, still my favorite evil team leader because of the anime though.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.