[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why hasn't a sentient Pokemon like Alakazam ever gone rogue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: izzpeRb.jpg (309KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
izzpeRb.jpg
309KB, 700x700px
Why hasn't a sentient Pokemon like Alakazam ever gone rogue and tried to conquer a town or something?
It feels like this should be the kind of threat trainers are dealing with instead of just fucking with gangsters who steal Pokemon and sell them (Never, you know, using them to commit crimes)
>>
All Pokemon are sentient.

>Muh 3000 IQ
Pokedexes are bullshit. Always have been.
>>
>>30235790

>While it has strong psychic abilities and high intelligence, an Alakazam's muscles are very weak. It uses psychic power to move its body.

Alakazam might be smart, but it's physically much weaker than a human.
>>
>>30235790
Iirc aren't abra and it's evolutions pretty skittish in the wild? Like they teleport away from people.
>>
>>30235877
It can go tit for tat with any Pokemon who's supposed to be much stronger than a human though
>>
because they're still animalistic and probably have no desire to despite being sentient, most animals just want to live in comfort and only use as much energy as they need to to get that done. An alakazam probably has all its needs met by its trainer and psy powers so it doesn't desire any more to that
>>
Alright, let me try this.

You know all those super intelligent Pokemon? Like Alakazam and Metagross? They don't go rogue because they're too smart for it
>>
>>30235790
Didn't that happen in the anime?
Beheeyem in BW, Malamar in XY?
>>
>>30235999
Oh dang I forgot about that Beheeyem and that group of Malamar

those guys were crazy
>>
>>30235790
Alakazams are smart enough to not fuck with the humans since they have the ability to encase them in a ball.
>>
>>30235990

There may be some merit in this theory. Humans end to be the flawed ones that have enough intelligence to plot and scheme but the smarter Pokemon may very well see the folly of these ways that humans cant. We should also remember that humans are distinctly something different from Pokemon. They probably view the world very differently than we do and thats why thoughts like "Why am I not the emperor of Johoto?" never come to mind for them
>>
>>30235790
I think, besides Mewtwo and the UBs, Malamar are the only true malevolent pokemon.
>>
File: 1476487420067.png (88KB, 357x368px) Image search: [Google]
1476487420067.png
88KB, 357x368px
<tfw to smart fore Emperialism
>>
>>30235790
Aren't alakazam trade evolutions to begin with and thus a species that are by default in a close mutual relationship with humans? Metagross on the other hand are rare and acknowledged to possibly be predatory death machines.
>>
>>30235790
They know they're outnumbered and also >>30236087
>>
>>30235929
You're smart anon, why don't you stand up to your bullies? :^)
>>
>>30236198
I can't do this
>>
>>30235990
So some Pokemon literally know that feel when too intelligent
>>
>>30235858
>Pokedexes are bullshit
Are you confirming Mew can't learn crabhammer?
>>
Why go rogue when you're sentient? You'd know wild Pokemon all come with no EVs, no egg moves, TMs, or anything like that. If you're a sentient kadabra you can't even evolve. Especially in Gen 6 when you're a sentient Alakazam, you know you need a trainer to Mega evolve.

Alakazam is playing the digital world metagame.
>>
>>30236123
This, all Alakazam have been owned by humans at some point
>>
>>30235790
>tfw never a Pokemon Wild West game with Pokemon trying to conquer towns, steal gold and hijack trains.
>>
>>30236235
I can
>>
>>30235790
It's because they're smart that they don't do that shit. They understand that we get a much better life if they just got along with humans.
>>
Why would it even want to conquer the whole world? That would be boring as hell to even anyone with a 200 IQ.
>>
>>30235790
Didn't that Malamar try to fuck shit up in the anime
>>
>>30240478
i remember that trio of Malamar where trying like some world conquering shit controlling minds and making dooms day machines but i didnt keep up with it how, did that end?
>>
>>30235790
Literally the first pokémon movie is about that.
>>
>>30239419
Pokémon Conquest is that but in Japan
>>
>>30239184
but according to the new entries the mega evolutions are horrible to the pokemon and greatly strain them

why would alakazam want a shitty kid putting him to arm like that? he could crush youngster fuckface with his mind easily
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,t.u2.jpg (75KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,t.u2.jpg
75KB, 800x800px
>>30236493
>tfw to intelligent for world domination
>>
HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO HAVE THIS SHIT THREAD

SENTIENT DOES NOT EQUAL SAPIENT

ANIMALS ARE SENTIENT
HUMANS ARE SAPIENT
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>30235790
>never, you know, using them to commit crimes
I liked Team Rocket for this reason. They were mobsters that used Pokémon for a variety of crimes. The bad guys for gens III-VI just mostly came across as generic anime villains with their epic world-destroying plots, injecting the legendaries heavily into the story.

And maybe I'm a hypocrite here, but I did like SM's plot. It came across more as a sci-fi horror almost, focusing on Eldritch abominations of Pokémon crossing into our dimension.

>>30235950
This.
It's been established that Pokémon really only become cruel when raised by an evil trainer. Some 'mons are violent, but that's just their animalistic instinct guiding them; it's not malicious.
>>
>>30235858
>Pokedexes are bullshit. Always have been.
Are you saying Primapes can't angry themselves to death?
>>
>>30242111
Everyone knows that death and a functional foodchain can't exist in an ecosystem of cartoon animals.
>>
>>30241310
Sapience is a shit term that was only made up when we realized that sentience wasn't the magical dividing barrier between humans and animals we thought it was.
>>
>>30235790
In Sacred Gold/Storm Silver a bunch of Cloysters take over Fuschia
>>
>>30235790
>Becoming Bros with an Alakazam
>Travel the world together trolling people with cheeky shenanigans
>Just Psychic your way through any obstacle because Alakazam is fucking absurdly OP

I wonder if he can talk to you in your mind like Mewtwo.
>>
>>30242206
no, but cartoon death and a cartoon food chain can.
>>
Wouldnt it be sweet to have a small fangame where the player is a character like Ginko from Mushishiand you have to go around helping people with their problems that local pokemon are causing? It'd be more true to the cord tenants of Pokemon even. That show was all about learning about and discovering new kinds of creatures. It was about having respect for them and the environment they live in. If was about catching, calming, killing or just stopping creatures. It'd be structured kinda like gen 7 with the trials. There'd be occasional trainers but with the SOS-like mechanics, hordes, etc there wouldn't be a need for trainers really.
>>
>>30235790
The world used to be ruled by Alakazams but Humans stole the Pokeballs created by them and were the only pokemon that resisted against them.

They then proceded to erase old history so you won't find this shit in history books
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.