[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If breeding is supposed to be the the legit and fun way to get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 2

File: 1476592637547.png (116KB, 500x464px) Image search: [Google]
1476592637547.png
116KB, 500x464px
If breeding is supposed to be the the legit and fun way to get competitive Pokemon why do most people used a cheated in Ditto to speed up the process?

If you're going to skip over the most time consuming part of the process which is getting together a 6IV Pokemon to breed a high IV one to give a decent chance of a 6IV why don't you just go the whole mile and inject?
>>
Because breeding from scratch sucks ass.
>>
>>30232087
Then why are you breeding at all?
>>
>>30232033
I inject shit because I'm tired of Nintendo literally having worse support for their own products than fucking pirates.

PHbank was prepared for SM on day -10. Nintendo bank won't be ready for two months. Why the fuck would I wait 2.5 months from launch to start doing breeding projects?
>>
Because those that use a 6IV Ditto are usually people that have no access to homebrew

The only ones that think breeding is fun are the autists over at /wsg/
>>
Fuck off Verlisify
>>
>>30232132
I don't, breeding is godawful in gen 7. At least in 6 I got the Destiny Knot for free, and could get Pokemon with perfect IVs without having to grind out SOS battles and hope to get lucky.
>>
>>30232033
Because chaining a 6IV ditto is hard as shit
>>
>>30232132
So they count as my pokemon and not traded. I can't be bothered to hack my 3DS to inject, or to ask someone to find out my SID.
>>
>>30232162
/wfg/
>>
>>30232033
>caring about how others play their game instead of playing yours in your own autistic way

I bet your a ball-fag too
>>
Because I like breeding for natures, balltism, egg moves, etc. But I hate breeding for IVs.

That's why. Genning all Pokemon ruins the game for me, but I don't like IVs either so I minimize that aspect of the RNG lottery.
>>
>>30232314
This, pretty much.

IVs are a mistake that GameFreak refuses to acknowledge and prefers bandaid fixes like Hyper Training.
>>
>>30232209
You get destiny knots from low-level pickup in gen7
>>
>>30232033
Because I can't homebrew and inject myself. Having the ditto means I don't have to ask my friends whenever I want a new pokemon and be an annoying faggot and beg on /vp/ constantly.
>>
>>30232142
>PHbank was prepared for SM on day -10. Nintendo bank won't be ready for two months.
This is hilarious.
How did it come to this?
>>
>>30232253
Installing a cfw onto a 3ds takes just a couple of hours tops.

Breeding a single mon with perfect IV's, perfect nature, egg moves takes longer. Then you have to ev train your mon on top of that. Then multiply that process x6 to finally create your competitive team.

Meanwhile just setting up some injections takes like what? A day or two if you know how to read.
>>
>>30232033
personally the only thing i breed/catch for is the right gender, everything else i will edit in pkhex to save time and avoid having boxes full of rejects
>>
>>30232940
>Installing a cfw onto a 3ds takes just a couple of hours tops.

I don't want to risk my LE 3DS, no matter how brick proof it is.
>>
>>30233428
It's literally no risk if you can read and follow directions.
>>
>>30233457
>no matter how brick proof
>>
>>30232033
I just inject pokemon, and honestly I think the entire injection hacks have made everything more accessible. Breeding is a chore.
>>
>>30232142
REEEEEEEEE
ONE JOB NINTENDO
>>
I don't do the breeding on hours shit anymore. Though sometimes I just breed something basic and edit the rest in pkhex.

I agree with the guys saying breeding would be perfect if it was only for egg moves and natures instead of autistic IV bullshit
>>
>>30232940
Not if you have 11.2 and no already-hacked system.
>>
>>30233539
>I agree with the guys saying breeding would be perfect if it was only for egg moves and natures instead of autistic IV bullshit
This, 100 times this.
>>
>>30233428
>A day or two if you know how to read.

If you have at least a Middle School English level of education then there's a better chance of dying in an airplane accident than bricking your 3DS.
>>
>>30233669
The countless hours of Biking Simulator can go towards a part-time job. Get $80 for a brand new 2ds and get cfw immediately. Along with being able to inject Pokemon, an entire library of free eShop games at the cost of some more SD cards is pretty great too.
>>
>>30234056
>hours
It takes a minute or two when you are prepared.
>>
>>30234172
Stop lying.
>>
>>30232033
I like people not being able to tell i used a ditto but seeing that I bred it
>>
>>30232033
Because it's about legitimacy and knowing when it does/doesn't matter

The parents might be hacked messes

But their offspring are pure and 100% legitimate within the game and that's satisfying to train up

It's like cheating to give yourself the boat tickets in Emerald, but then going through the process of playing out that event and catching Mew properly.

The means might be sketchy, but the end is real and that's all that matters.

>Caught a 2nd Spearow
>Gave him False Swipe & Roost
>Gave him a damaging move
>Set his level to 50
>Maxed PP on his moves
>He's currently the Perfect SOS Chaining tool

I never hack any Pokemon I legitimately want to use or collect.

If I hack anything it's because it'll speed up whatever I'm doing while producing perfectly legitimate results
>>
>tfw bred a perfectly legic Hexaflawless 7 in a Spanish language run of Y and use them on all my breeding projects except mons that have no females/can't breed
>They're fucking stuck on bank for 2 more months
>>
>>30232033

Look if there was something like the friend safari in this game then I would have no problem breeding up a storm like I did last gen. The SOS battle system is just....awful. I can understand chaining it for shinies but having it be the only source of hidden abilities/starter breeding stock is a crime against pokemon players.

That said, how the fuck am I supposed to get magic guard abras this gen?
>>
>>30234172
If you have some form of ungodly luck that lets you hatch perfect eggs on demand in the span of two minutes, then yes.
>>
>>30232162
yeah fuck worksafe gif
bunch of fags
>>
>>30232033
I doubt most people who want a 6IV ditto are capable of injecting in the first place.
>>
I have the same distaste as you OP, but I need a 6IV ditto because there aren't Action Replay codes yet.
>>
>>30232033
People asking for 6iv dittos obviously cannot inject, ya silly goose.
>>
>>30234799
Shadow tag, trapping moves. Block. Shitty but it works.
>>
>>30235777

I thought skills that force you out still worked under that.... (I know baton pass and uturn do). I was thinking taunt would work but that's still dumb as hell because with my luck I'd probably run out of taunt PP before a HA abra showed up
>>
>>30232442
I've been trying this for about 4 hours with four Pickup mons while searching for rare mons I missed. Have not gotten a single Destiny Knot despite almost 200 battles gone by. Did get two Leftovers and a bunch of medicinal items though.
>>
But I didn't after they breeding not suck balls. (AKA in Gen 6) And in Gen 5, I RNG abused my shitto, which was fine in my own morality. I didn't use an external device to generate it. Just turned the game on at a specific time, pressing specific buttons, then so happen to use chatot to flip my frames a specific amount of times to get my ditto.

Though now with the good IVs promised from chaining, it's not too impossible to get the other two IVs to roll 31. So, I'm going to be spending a lot of time on my Japanese language game chaining until I get a pent ditto. Probably won't be a useful pent ditto (31/xx/31/31/31, or 31/31/31/xx/31/31), but I'll take it.
>>
because i dont give a fuck enough about this game to do things the right or respectable way.
>>
>hold down a direction for hours and pray for good RNG
>fun

who the fuck actually thinks this
>>
>>30232253
>I can't be bothered
i.e. I'm too stupid

>>30232033
2bh if you use a traded 6IV ditto you might as well inject.
>>
>>30236700
Quad perfect is good enough considering bottlecaps being a thing and the only things DItto being really useful for is genderless and male-only Pokemon.
>>
>>30232142
Pretty much this. Nintendo is straight trash
>>
Breeding with a non-legit mon is fucking disgusting and is something I will never do
>>
>>30233457
>its literally perfect as long as it goes perfectly
>>
>>30237055
Hi Verlis!
>>
>>30237205
The only good trait about that idiot is how he despises any kind of non-legit Pokemon.
>>
Once you have a 6IV mon in the mix the odds of the RNG are just well enough to make it enjoyable for me as a time killer

I don't give a shit what people do though, inject all you want, cool with me

>>30232665
Purposely holding off so that people don't just transfer all their old mons and steamroll the game
>>
>>30232665
Want an exclusive period where no old mons are transferred, new game only.

It makes it pretty fun desu.
>>
I enjoy breeding when it takes less than a box and a half. Under a box is bonding with that species. Next fifteen is okay. Over that is just frustrating
>>
>>30232033
A lot of us aren't breeding because we're moralfags; we're breeding because we have a legitimacy OCD. Anything that can speed up the process of making a legitimate Pokemon, regardless if those methods are illegitimate, are welcome in our books.
>>
>>30237898
I am officially diagnosed with OCD unlike most of you fucks and even getting one hacked Pokemon would bring me to the verge of resetting my game.
>>
I'm still not sure why IVs still even exist at this stage, what with hyper training available as well. Granted it would narrow down breeding to just natures, egg moves, Hidden Power, and masuda method eggs, but still.
>>
File: 1479726676364.png (25KB, 240x800px) Image search: [Google]
1479726676364.png
25KB, 240x800px
>>30237055
I'd breed with a lot of non-legit mons if you catch my drift

besides that you sound awfully confused about how pokemon are stored as data. PIDs aren't made based on the parents, they're made based on the IVs, or at least they used to be. there is no "hacked gene", and that's even if there was a way to reverse-search and see if a gen 7 mon's PID could be generated based on the trainer's ID and SID for every given frame of all time (and some data from the physical DS, if it's anything like gen 5)

so there's not even a way to detect a mon that was hacked directly, much less one that was the offspring of a hack
>>
There's something satisfying to me about hatching a perfect Pokemon myself, but I don't want to waste a ton of time playing Tauros riding sim.
>>
>>30232142
>BUT MOMMY I WANT IT
>NOW
Enjoy Alola for what it is right now
>>
>>30232142
Enjoy Alola while it's pure. Once immigration begins it'll never be the same.
>>
>>30237533
It would've been fine if they made it like two weeks or a month, two months is ridiculous
>>
>>30232510
this, also because its way more rewarding
>>
>>30236864
>No perfect is good enough considering bottlecaps being a thing.

Pentaperfect dittoes are the sweet spot, and then only if you have the set ups for the specific pokemon you want to breed. 6IV dittos are like a pentaperfect for every IV set up. If you're going to use bottlecaps, you may as well use 3IV dittoes or no bred IVs at all.
>>
>>30238619
Consider how long it can take to get a pentaperfect Ditto vs breeding for 4 IVs for just for genderless and male-only Pokemon and using one bottlecap on them.
You should just have breeding stocks for all the egg groups anyway.
>>
>>30238770
Breeding for 4 IVs with a 4IV base is significantly harder than starting with a 5/6IV base. There's little chance of legitimately getting a 6IV ditto, but 5IV is doable, and it acts as breeding stock for everything (and a good place to start making breeding stock for egg groups since none of us can access our gen 6 stuff).

Bottlecaps aren't very accessible anyways, plus breeding a perfect pokemon means I can always get another one with minimal investment.
>>
>>30232033
I like shiny hunting to kill time. I'd also like to use the shinies when i'm done. Injecting them makes them usable, sure. But it takes out the hunt which is part of the reason I do it.

I also wouldn't (and didn't for a while) use a hacked ditto, but the alternative is playing through one version in japanese just to be able to hatch parents for the other game or maybe chaining a decent ditto. I don't like relying on the hacked ditto, but it's better than wasting the 40 bucks just to shiny hunt on a different game.
>>
>>30233539
>>30233819
It'd be nice if they removed the Everstone and made the challenge of breeding be get the right nature and the right ability instead of get 5-6 IVs whatever you're going for. I mean a lot of people just use 6 IV Ditto to cheat the system already.
>>
>>30232142
>>30232665
Because of the meta.

See you guys in two months when you make threads over threads about how terrible it became now that bank mons are here.
>>
>>30232442
how low-level?
>>
>>30237385
Or they could, I don't know, prevent the player from using the pokebank until you beat the game as they did in DP
>>
>>30232033
I don't wanna go through the trouble and risks of injection. One handout is all I needed, I can do the rest myself.
>>
>>30240885
This exactly. People are having fun with the new Pokémon but their stats don't match up to the old ones. It feels like there's more focus on strategy than sweeping for now and /vp/ will bitch when it's gone for sure.
>>
>>30232033
No one ever said it was fun.
>>
In Gen 6 I bred like 3 boxes of Pokémon from scratch because of how easy they made it. In Gen 7, I said "fuck it," and just inject because GameFreak can go suck a dick for making the process to get starting materials so much more tedious. I'm not going to waste time chaining when the Friend Safari was perfect and Dex Nav wasn't too bad either. IVs were a mistake and Hyper Training is not viable with the pitiful level grinding and bottle cap obtaining options. GameFreak has no respect for their player base.
>>
>>30232142
Probably cause they wanted us to play the games with the new mons first for awhile rather than just straight up bring in our old ones in to use.
>>
>>30232033
To give us who proliferate dittos with 0 in all 6 IVs something to do.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.