[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>This is the engine that gets Diamond and Pearl remakes It

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 347
Thread images: 30

File: image.jpg (21KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 318x159px
>This is the engine that gets Diamond and Pearl remakes
It should have been us
>>
>>30216100
Nah, Diamond and Pearl is universally hated by 99% of the fanbase. We're gonna get a Black/White remake and you know it.
>>
>>30216172
another black and white remake??
no thanks
>>
>>30216100
3DS is gonna be dead in a few years once Switch hits the market. D/P Remakes are going on Switch with Gen 8.
>>
>>30216100
gen 5 should been the gen 3 remakes, even if the engine is worse the game would still be better than ORAS
>>
>>30216172
Nice statistics, where's the proof?
>>
>>30216254
Reality is my proof.

Gen 4 is the most hated, Gen 1 and 3 are the most loved, hence why they get full remakes and Gen 2 is essentially to Gen 1 what B2/W2 is to B/W but with new Pokemon.

Find me anyone who fondly remembers fucking Palkia, Bidoof or Turtwig who isn't some 12 year old who doesn't know better because it was babby's first video game.
>>
>>30216365
Nice statistics, where's the proof? [2]
>>
>>30216100
>"This is the engine that gets Diamond and Pearl remakes"
>people still think D/P remakes won't be on the switch
OR/AS was fine on the 3DS, I got my updated May with full model and improved story, I'm more than satisfied.
>>
>>30216402
http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon#cite_note-3DS_best-9

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/sales/software/3ds.html

Even X and Y sold more than Diamond and Pearl you fucking sinnoh fetus
>>
>>30216365
>gen III
>loved
You Gen III fags are fucking delusional. Anyone that came Gen I and II hate fucking Gen III.
>>
>>30216476
>Diamond and Pearl
sold 17.64 million pcs.
>Ruby and Sapphire
sold 29.40 million pcs.

Hmmm...
>>
>>30216100
No, it's not. The gen 8 engine will get the remakes, unless they port the gen 6 engine once again to the Switch.
>>
File: 1370639510344.jpg (301KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1370639510344.jpg
301KB, 700x700px
>>30216365
>Gen 3
>the generation that officially ended the Pokemania craze
>most loved
>>
>>30216756
These fucking children don't know. It's babies first Pokemon game. Gen III was when everyone fucking stopped playing Pokemon at my school and I'm sure it was the same around the fucking planet.
>>
Fuck off. You got your chance with Omega
>>
>>30216789
>because my classmates and I specifically entered our insecure teenage phase at the time Gen 3 was released, that means nobody else liked it
????
>>
>>30216460
By that logic, Unova should be buried and never brought up again.
>>
>>30216365
Fairly certain gen 5 gets the most hate.
>>
>>30216756
Pokemania looks pretty alive and well to me.
And the familiar faces of Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire is what got all the normies, girls and kids back into it, even before Pokemon Go was shat out.
>>
>>30216756
Do you consider pokemon go a good game because it brought some of the craze back?
>>
>>30216824
I kept playing but many of the pokemon designs killed it for most people. Entering my teens had a hand in it but the Pokemon themselves was the problem. It's just like that guy said Gen III killed the Pokemon craze not because the audience of Gen I and II got older but because no one liked the fucking Pokemon.
>>
>>30216842
gen5 has bad sales because gen4 was terrible duh

you don't know gen4 is terrible until after you have bought and played it
>>
>>30216842
it should
>>
>>30216880
No I don't. Just like I don't consider R/B/Y good games either.
>>
>>30216900
I mean, that's your own personal reason for it. As a kid I thought Gen 3 had way better design than 1/2 (and they still do, as a whole they are a lot more consistently stylized and generally have better color schemes).

The real reason though is because Pokemon was a fad in an age of fads, and that fad petered out for a bit as the industry awkwardly entered the age of MUH GRAPHIX vidya and mature games for mature gamers such as myself.

Not to mention there were a ton of other monster-raising games out around that era, and now Pokemon has a pretty strong monopoly with only a handful of neckbeards liking Digimon because they added waifus and stuff like Monster Rancher rotting in its grave.
>>
>>30216100
>be the generation everyone who played the originals grew out of
>rushed remakes in worst generation
hoennbabbies will always be the most cucked out of any fanbase
>>
File: crystal.png (154KB, 1120x728px) Image search: [Google]
crystal.png
154KB, 1120x728px
>>30216900
This. It didn't help that the sprites were a step down from Gen II despite the color.
>>
File: emerald-frame2.png (356KB, 1600x1024px) Image search: [Google]
emerald-frame2.png
356KB, 1600x1024px
>>30217103
>>
>>30216842
unovacucks ALWAYS lose
>>
>>30217098
>As a kid I thought Gen 3 had way better design than 1/2 (and they still do, as a whole they are a lot more consistently stylized and generally have better color schemes).
They look like plastic toys.
>>
>>30217127
I could never put my finger on what exactly makes the advance sprites look so much worse than D/P/Pt and HG/SS. They're about the same resolution and use the same amount of colors, but they're just something about 90% of them that doesn't look as good as they should.
>>
>>30216365
I would be surprised if a 12 year old was playing a gen 4 game instead of something that's actually recent.
>>
>>30216588
RS sold 15 million,retard.
>>
>>30217103
>despite the color.

gen 2's colour pallet is god tier
>>
>>30217153
And Gen 1/2 don't?

Actually, the Pokemon that DON'T look like they could be plastic toys stand out as not matching the overall style of their fellows.

Shit like Gastly, Voltorb, Exeggcute, Dewgong and Moltres that have barely any proper stylization (either because they're just a single-colored blob, or because they're just an animal) look terrible.

Even the best Gen 1 Pokemon do look a little toy/doll-like. Don't try and tell me Blastoise isn't some X-treme 90s slime-shooting action figure, or that Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Psyduck's focus on smooth shapes don't lend themselves to being stuffed animals.
>>
File: firered-leafgreen.png (143KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
firered-leafgreen.png
143KB, 1024x640px
>>30217194
They have this wax figure look to them, like they're on the verge of melting.

>>30217272
Gen III's is technically more advanced but it's wasted on the awful art direction of Hoenn, I say Hoenn because FRLG looked better EVERYWHERE; buildings, characters, pokémon sprites, GUI... everything looked better than RSE which shows that technical limitations weren't the problem.
>>
>>30217252
Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are still Ruby and Sapphire games.

If people actually hated Ruby and Sapphire they wouldn't have bought them again.
>>
>>30216172
[citation needed]
>>
>>30217416
I can't tell if you're really this full of shit or just going full-retard trying to defend Hoenn.
>>
>>30217441
People bought ORAS expecting Emerald remakes and you know it.
>>
>>30216874
Holy fuck. I'd love to live in your world buddy. You are so out of it also [citation needed]
>>
>>30217424
Yeah FR/LG was a big step up

It's a shame they didn't rework all the sprites in the same style because a lot of the R/S/E johto sprites look awful
>>
Fuck Diamond and Pearl
I only want my Platinium Remake
>>
>>30216172
Have you been here in the the past year?
The cycle has progressed. DPPt are now the best Pokemon games ever.
Gen 5 is the one that it's hip to shit on now.
>>
>>30217563
I like how you pull these "facts" out of your ass.
>>
>>30217441
I bought ORAS because I love Pokemon that said I fucking hate Hoenn.
>>
>>30216172
This is exactly what was said about Ruby and Sapphire constantly before XY was released and remakes looked likely, fyi (and people also took the hints to mean Red and Blue remakes, like they are now with the Diamond and Pearl hints). /vp/ was literally nothing but Hoenn hate memes until ORAS was actually announced.
>>
>>30216588
>sold 17.64 million pcs.
And HGSS sold 12.7 millions
And BW and XY sold 15.6 millions

The number of copies sold isn't indicative how the quality of the game. If anything it's only indicative of the quality of the marketing campaign.
>>
>>30216365
Yeah, I personally identify as a genwunner but I got started with Crystal and enjoy Omega Fire Red more than RBY...though I do like Sacred Gold/Storm Silver better than Crystal, even if sprites are more visually appealing than the weird 3D they had going.
>>
File: 1478057924235.gif (4MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1478057924235.gif
4MB, 320x240px
>>30216172
>Diamond and Pearl is universally hated by 99% of the fanbase
>>
>>30217130
Sales do not equal quality.
>>
>>30217476
Gen 3 and every generation thereafter (plus a good portion of Gen 2) follow pretty similar design philosophies.

It's the worst of the old Pokemon that feel out of place now. Of course I love Gen 1 as much as anyone else who grew up with Red and Blue, but the Dragonball eyes and shitty single-color blob Pokemon with Dragonball eyes (Muk, Gastly, Haunter, Geodude, Graveler, Exeggcute, Voltorb, Dugtrio etc.) just do not look good lined up with every other Pokemon.

Gen 3 set the direction of making Pokemon more stylized and internally consistent with eachother, along with putting more effort into silhouettes and color schemes. Even the worst of Gen 3, Luvdisc, is stylized better than everything Gen 1 Pokemon I listed earlier, except maybe Geodude.
>>
>>30217563
That's what hoennbabbies keep telling themselves.

As soon as people finished playing BW there were many agreeing that it was overall worse than all the Gen IV games and the opinion only kept getting stronger as the novelty of Gen V wore off and BW2 also showed that BW could've been done better. The only ones who claim BW is good are those who skipped previous games, were brand new to playing the games or contrarians.
>>
>>30217752
but they determine who wins or loses
go home
>>
>>30217771
>Even the worst of Gen 3, Luvdisc, is stylized better than everything Gen 1 Pokemon I listed earlier
Yep, definitely going full-retard.
>>
>>30217817
Oh dang, a typo! My post is now invalidated.
>>
Gen. 3 is home to some of the most popular legendaries. I can't tell you how many people I've talked to that have Rayquaza as their favorite legendary or even Deoxys.
>>
>>30217553
It will be a Platinum remake and a sequel to Sun and Moon called Pokemon Star Platinum.
>>
>>30217875
Who said anything about a typo? YOU'RE CLAIMING THAT fucking LUVDISC LOOKS BETTER THAN MANY GEN 1 POKéMON!

Never mind that you seem to believe that agreeing to make pokémon that look like shit more consistently is an improvement or that Gen 3's plastic toy color schemes are better than anything.
>>
File: Pokésales.png (111KB, 700x276px) Image search: [Google]
Pokésales.png
111KB, 700x276px
>>30216987
I did, and I think you are retarded.
>>30217130
Black and White 2 don't even figure in the Best Seller Nintendo DS list.

Also, SM has already outsold BW2
>>30216476
>>30216588
>Pic related

Also, Here are the Handheld Main Pokémon Game Sales.
>>
>>30217103
>Farfetch'd
What were they thinking with that lime green?
>>
>>30217914
If you only talk to other hoenbabbies your age it makes sense. And going by that logic, Gen 1 would be the definitive best since Mew & Mewtwo are still the most iconic and popular legendaries, followed by the Gen II legendaries (except Celebi) then the Gen 1 bird trio THEN the Gen 3 legendaries.
>>
I was always under the impression that DPPt was the "lackluster generation." Not sure why, but I had the least amount of fun with those games.
>>
>>30218163
They realized it would look better on the dark screen of the GBC. That's why the sprites are all so bright.
>>
>>30218116
>pls count the remakes too
RS sold bad, and this is a fact. This guy >>30216476 is right.
>>
Salesposting aside, you faggots realize aside from the overworld and non-chibi models, Gen 7 uses the exact same engine as Gen 6, right?
>>
>>30218023
Luvdisc is fucking terrible but at least it's cute and kind of original in premise. Grimer and Gastly are literally just purple blobs who are ugly AND stupid.

Anyhow, this is just our two opinions clashing but (most) of Gen 3 is absolutely an improvement in the design department and I'm glad they've continued to consistently follow the trend Gen 3 set to this day. A lot of gen 1 and 2 Pokemon look like the designers drew them on paper once, called it a day and didn't bother to refine the design at all (even though we have proof that Gastly and Chikorita originally looked even shittier, which is hilarious).

Plus all the legendaries back then besides Mewtwo/Mew/Celebi were retarded-looking birds that could be mistaken for tall-grass shitmon with Dragonball eyes, instead of actual imposing monsters with unique and occasionally alien designs.
>>
>>30216233
The good part about gen 5 is that it didn't have shitty remakes
>>
>>30216100
Better graphics isn't going to magically make ORAS great. It's still a shitty remake even if it's the most graphically impressive Pokemon game.
>>
>>30218336
Could you post some source?
I have trouble believing they could just swap a major portion of the game without altering the engine.

>>30218397
I don't like them as games, but I think HGSS were pretty good as remakes.
Much like the original GII, it even provided unmet expectatives for future releases.
>>
>>30216172
Diamond and Pearl introduced online play.
That alone made it the first Pokemon game with any value beyond beating the elite 4 and calling it a day.
>>
>>30218523
What about the Frontiers and Sevii?
>>
>>30216100
ORAS was shit because RS was shit too. If the DP remakes are slow as molasses like the originals and lack the Platinum added content they will suck.
>>
>>30218373
>Luvdisc is fucking terrible but at least it's cute and kind of original in premise. Grimer and Gastly are literally just purple blobs who are ugly AND stupid.
Is this hypocresy or just strong denial? Either way, going by this and the rest of your post it's obvious that you're a fanboy who can't make reasonable arguments. I won't waste my time anymore.

Reply with your "I had the last word I win" little dance if you want but I assure you that I won't care anymore.
>>
>>30218184
Where's your proof for all this? Many of the people I know who used to have Mewtwo as their favorite grew out of it and now have more recent legendaries as their favorite.
>>
>>30218494
>Much like the original GII, it even provided unmet expectatives for future releases.
Game Freak makes sure of that by dropping features to keep old games relevant, according to Matsuda. Yes, they do it on purpose.
>>
File: 1436561105158.gif (1MB, 350x270px) Image search: [Google]
1436561105158.gif
1MB, 350x270px
>>30218595
>being this mad that Luvdisc is somehow better designed than your favorite Pokemon, Dragonball-eyes purple blob Haunter (because Gengar is too mainstream)
>>
>>30218373
holy shit, when they said that Hoennbabies are the most retarded fans of the franchise, they are right.

Let me remove your nostalgia glasses. Hoenn is a bootleg gen I.
We got Brock in the first gym. We got 75% of kanto elite four. Manectric is a bootleg jolteon (with a stupid head). Gardevoir is pretty much Alakazam. Salamence is Dragonite 2.0. We got a red and a blue Pikachu. And do you critique Grimer? Well, GF like it so much that they remade him in Hoenn, but is was named Gulpin this time. Not even Gen V is this similar to gen I.
And do you know know why Sinnoh games sold better? At least the Sinnoh pokemon are original.
>>
The only real difference in engine is the overworld, and unless you're triggered by chibi or the grid which aren't inherently bad at all, the SM engine isn't a big improvement over the XY engine. Hell, SM has worse performance.

ORAS having issues also has more to do with not featuring the Emerald improvements or new improvements on par with the Emerald ones, and similar is what will decide if DP remakes are good.
>>
>>30217977
Danganronpa reference?
>>
>>30218595
Please read the second line.
>>
>>30216172
Reminder that gen 5 sold the least of any gen ever
>>
>>30216842
gen 4 performed like shit dude.
Unlike Gen 5 it wasn't affected by piracy not to mention the overwhelming hate for the evos and no plat updates for BR and especially ranch. The latter already having an update in Japan.
>>
>>30218793
Gen 3 is my least favorite gen, but in terms of design:

Manectric > Jolteon
Salamence > Dragonite
Gulpin > Grimer
ORAS Roxanne > Brock > Gen3 Roxanne

I'll give you Plusle and Minun, though.
But how the fuck is Gardevoir like Alakazam besides being a psychic-type?
>>
>>30218793
>Hoenn is a bootleg gen I.
And Sinnoh is a bootleg gen 3, what's your point?
>>
>>30218793
>And do you know know why Sinnoh games sold better? At least the Sinnoh pokemon are original.
Not really, it was mostly the good marketing and the novelty of it being the first 3D game and the first Pokémon games in the then-impressive Nintendo DS.

Everything else is spot-on but the fag will argue that Gulpin looks better than Muk or something like that.
>>
>>30218887
...I pirated it before buying it, so I can't believe you.

And my plat Catridge connected just fine with BR. That I pirated too.That one I never bought tho.
>>
>>30218920
>Gen 3 is my least favorite gen

Manectric > Jolteon
Salamence > Dragonite
Gulpin > Grimer
you are already lying in your own post.

>But how the fuck is Gardevoir like Alakazam besides being a psychic-type?
Simple. Three stage Psychic type, humanshaped, better stat is Sp. Attack. They totally play the same role in game
>>
>>30218881
And after all the money they wasted on the huge marketing campaign no wonder they stopped trying to make the games story-driven and BW2 had little to no marketing.
>>
>>30218964
>implying Gulpin/Swalot aren't miles better than Grimer/Muk

Unless you're talking about Alolan Muk, then alright. Original Muk sucks ass.
>>
>>30218887
>implying R4's weren't already a thing in 2007
>>
File: superman-laughing.jpg (38KB, 231x239px) Image search: [Google]
superman-laughing.jpg
38KB, 231x239px
>>30218887
>Unlike Gen 5 it wasn't affected by piracy
Look at him. Look at him and laugh.
>>
>>30216756
>>the generation that officially ended the Pokemania craze
That's gen 2.
Along with the directionless anime going downhill in the west the games themselves didn't stand out too much in terms of content.
That's why there was such a steep drop in interest once Crystal came along.
>>
>>30218940
>And Sinnoh is a bootleg gen 3
I'm waiting your arguments.
>>
>>30216211
Black and white 2 are sequals not remakes. But we shouldnt be seeing bw remakes until gen 9
>>
File: PART1.jpg (63KB, 565x848px) Image search: [Google]
PART1.jpg
63KB, 565x848px
>>30216172
>Black/White remakes
>>
>>30218887
>Unlike Gen 5 it wasn't affected by piracy
>trying to come up with excuses that your shit gen sold like shit because it was shit
you deserved to miss those quads
>>
File: Edd-GTFO.png (229KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Edd-GTFO.png
229KB, 500x375px
>>30219036
It's a big scary blob monster with DBZ eyes.

How is that not good?
>>
I was under the impression people liked Gen 4
>>
>>30219027
Jolteon most boring Eeveelution, Manectric is pretty interesting with nice colors.
Dragonite is just fat and retarded and Salamence actually looks like a dragon, one of the cooler Gen 3 pokes and looks better than Charizard actually.

Grimer is probably the worst Gen 1 Pokemon, and Gulpin is pretty cute by comparison. Swalot is about on par with Muk though.

Alakazam is better than Gardevoir but not because they are similar(?), but because Alazakam is cool as hell and Gardevoir is forever-ruined furbait. Ralts, Kirlia and Abra are all about as cute, though.

Gen 3 sucks ass as a whole but those specific examples you chose are the more interesting designs.
>>
>>30219029
And the fact that Black/Whites Story was one of the worst parts of the game.
>>
>>30218887
That's actually a good point. Gen IV sold better despite doing so during the pinnacle of piracy. You can't say that's NOT impressive.
>>
File: Calm Down.png (86KB, 662x662px) Image search: [Google]
Calm Down.png
86KB, 662x662px
>>30219188
>>
>>30219229
Muk just doesn't have enough features to make it look like a Pokemon. At least Ditto has its transformation gimmick to make up for being just a purple slime.

Alolan Muk added just enough to the design that it became a Pokemon instead of an MMO trash mob, and he is rad now.
>>
>>30219078
>contests
>secret bases
>BF/post game island
>team actively hunting the legend
>post game legendary with area for itself that hints at a trio
>legend climax occurs at the exact same point pre 8th gym
>Female Steven
>>
>>30219313
>Gen IV sold better despite doing so during the pinnacle of piracy.
There was next to no piracy then anon.

Also DP sold a paltry million more than RS despite being on a system with nearly double the users.
>>
>>30219242
/vp/ has hoenbabbies and other contrarians claiming the opposite.

Though to be fair, outside the fanbase nobody cares about those, or much about Hoenn for that matter. They only know Hoenn as "that shitty gen that came after the first two".
>>
>>30219313
It was also before HG/SS revitalized Pokemon in the eyes of normies and nostalgiafags.

Somehow B/W failed to meet those sales even after the wave of "Pokemon is cool in college now guys, wow such nostalgia xD, my favorite Gen 1 Pokemon is Typhlosion".
>>
>>30218793
>At least the Sinnoh pokemon are original.
The ones that weren't clones were lazy evos that everyone hated. Real original.
>>
>>30219404
R4 had at least 7 variants in my shitty town next to the south pole.

I had a R4 Gold.
>>
>>30216172
This, D/P are fucking garbage.

Platinum was alright
>>
>>30219404
>There was next to no piracy then anon.
You should at least pretend to not be underage.
>>
>>30219460
I keep hearing either
>"The only good part of Gen 4 was the new evos"
and
>"The worst part of Gen 4 was the new evos"

which one is it
>>
>>30219242
On it's anniversary there wasn't nearly as much talk of them compared to the 3 gens prior.
>>
File: concerned.jpg (37KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
concerned.jpg
37KB, 500x500px
>>30219329
>Muk just doesn't have enough features to make it look like a Pokemon.
>At least Ditto has its transformation gimmick to make up for being just a purple slime.
Wut.

Just... wut?
>>
>>30216100
DP routes and caves will get butchered by the new engine. GF doesn't like making complicated route designs anymore.
>>
>>30219544
Exactly what I said.

Ditto is a shitty purple slime with no features, but it transforms into other things.

Muk is just shitty purple slime with no features.
>>
>>30219269
>interesting
That's your opinion. Do you know those blinded Genwunners? Well, you're a blinded Hoennbabbie. Don't try to say you're not, I don't think that anyone would believe this.

I don't even know how you could say that salamence with those paper devilman wings is a better design that Charizard, actually I do, you're shitposting.

Say that your opinion is right how much you want, but the fact is many Hoennmons play the same role as Kanto mons. Wanna more? Caterpie and Weedle are fused into the same mon. Second Crustacean with Crabhammer and focus on Attack. Nosepass is such a copy to onix that it even got a Steel type evo in the next gen. And go on, you're probably going to reply with: but in my opinion, Hoenn designs are better, but I'm not an Hoennbabbie, I swear!
>>
>>30219504
The latter, why do you think GF hasn't done them recently? Hell eviolite and megas were caused by the hate towards them.
>>
>>30219625
>Magnezone
>>
>>30219617
It's a lost cause, anon.
>>
>>30219466
>>30219474
Not him but you two do realise working R4s came about after DP right?
And I use working loosely if you didn't run into common anti piracy methods.
It wasn't until about HGSS that they perfected it for most games.
>>
>>30219674
yeah, I realize that.
>>
>>30219673
That's a gen 4 evo anon.
The only cross gen we've had since was Sylveon.
>>
>>30219689
It worked for pokémon in a few days.
Weeks at most. BW was harder, but a patch came anyway.
>>
>>30219689
You forget no$gba.
>>
>>30216227
you're a fucking idiot
>>
>>30219625
They made mega evolutions, though.
And then we got people complaning that Sableye, Pinsir, Heracross, Mawile etc. didn't get real evolutions.

>Give a Pokemon a new evolution that retains its design elements
"waaaah it just gets bigger!"
>Give a Pokemon a new evolution that changes or adds a new design element
"waaaah they changed it wtf gamefreak why cannon arms!"
>Give a Pokemon a mega evolution
"why didn't MUH BRO get a REAL evolution fuck you gamefreak!"
>Don't give a Pokemon a new evolution
"FUCKING GAMEFREAK MUH FARFETCH'D MUH DUNSPARCE REEEEEE"
>>
>>30219734
Yesterday we had a thread full of Magnezone fans.
A lot of people like Electivire too.
>>
>>30219746
>It worked for pokémon in a few days.
You don't honestly believe that do you? Hell there's still some issues with gen 4 games graphically although they're mostly in HGSS.
In any case piracy was very scarce at that point in time.
>>
>>30219809
Yes and?
Every mon has a fan but it doesn't change the fact that at the time there was a large amount of hate for them especially for electivire and magmortar which for some reason had more of a presence than the rest.
>>
>>30219617
Caterpie > Wurmple > Weedle
Beautifly > Butterfree
Corphish > Krabby
Kingler > Crawdaunt
Onix = Nosepass
Steelix > Probopass
Salamence >>>> Charizard

Literally every Dragon Pokemon looks better than Charizard. His only standout feature besides being literally just an Akira Toriyama dragon is that his tail is on fire. Mega Charizard is what Charizard always should have been.
>>
>>30219926
I'm pretty sure most people like cross gen evolutions with the exception of Lickilicky.
>>
>>30219852
I meant for Platinum.
Reading my previous posts I realize I wasn't at all clear in that regard. My apologies.
DSi with a R4 Gold was working in days.

>>30219957
Goodra.
>>
>>30219801
It's basically a case of not being able to please everyone.
That said, if I remember right there was an interview that said one of the reasons megas were made was to give players the means to make their favourite stronger without changing their favourite like a traditional evo.
>>
>>30219926
Those are the best of the new evos though, they look cool together and they don't really look like any other Pokemon even if they are kind of weird.

Lickylicky, Weavile, Probopass and more muh eeveelutions were the mistakes.
>>
you guys are forgetting b/w were literally one of the ds last dying breaths.
>>
>>30220031
What's wrong with Weavile?
>>
>>30220005
>DSi with a R4 Gold was working in days.
That's a little more reasonable although I do remember a model that didn't work on DSi. Oh well.
>>
>>30220005
I actually forgot about the Goomy line because it ends so terribly. I wish Sliggoo didn't evolve.

Fine, every Dragon Pokemon that actually looks like a dragon is better than Charizard.
>>
>>30216172
(You)
>>
>>30220031
>and they don't really look like any other Pokemon even if they are kind of weird.
And that's the reason people didn't like them. They didn't even look like the mon they had evolved from let alone pokemon in general.

Also I'm reminded of the time people blew a gasket at the Plat Frontier because it wasn't the Emerald one. That didn't die down for a while especially on /v/. People really loved the Emerald one didn't they.
>>
>>30220065
I always liked Sneasel but Weavile's hair(?) still looks out of place to me. The 'ugly' evolutions like Rhyperior and Magmortar still make perfect sense as evolutions, but Sneasel with a gay hat doesn't seem like a logical conclusion to me.

Plus Weavile keeps the same big-headed body shape of Sneasel, its design still looks like it isn't fully-evolved.
>>
>>30220157
They look like Pokemon, they just don't overlap with other Pokemon designs.

Like the whiny bitch higher up complaining that Muk and Swalot are too similar.
>>
>>30219029
>they stopped trying to make the games story-driven

>saying this the week SM is released
>>
>>30216172
Even though you're completely wrong on that regard, remakes would still help improve on Diamond/Pearl's flaws immensely.
>>
>>30220228
Believe it or not there are people who stopped at gen 4.
I believe you've just replied to one.
>>
File: 1480014444544.jpg (51KB, 415x392px) Image search: [Google]
1480014444544.jpg
51KB, 415x392px
>>30216172
And Unovabortions wonder why everyone thinks they're dumb, obnoxious faggots with no taste.
>>
Does Gen 3 feel awkward to play to anyone else?
I don't have a problem with Gens 1 and 2, but something about 3 is weird and I can't go back and play them.
The Gamecube games are fine though
>>
>>30216365
I loved DP, it brought WIFI to the franchise. I had tons of fun battling with other folks on 4chan, chatting on the mic with them, etc. Before then you were boned as a Pokémon player if your friends didn't also play.

I also started on Gen 1 and disliked Gen 3, but each gen has its pros and cons.
>>
>>30220884
Nah but I do feel that way about gen 4 given how slow the game is and how awkward the region design is.
>>
>>30217785
>hoennbabbies
>defending gen v
Oh shit nigger what are you doing?
>>
>>30220884
Gen 3 games all feel like romhacks to me now.
>>
>>30220884
>Replaying gen 3
>Ever
Why would you do that to yourself, every gen 3 game is barren and lifeless with garbage music and art direction and introduced next to no new mehanics other than double battles.
>>
>>30219957
Caterpie > Weedle > Wurmple
Butterfree > Beautifly
Corphish = Krabby
Kingler = Crawdaunt
Onix = Nosepass
Steelix > Probopass
Charizard > Salamence

>Literally every Dragon Pokemon looks better than Charizard
I don't like Charizard and even I know only contrarians say this.
>>
>>30218184
>gen 2 legendaries other than Lugia and Suicune
>more popular than Rayquaza or Deoxys
t. Johtoddler
>>
>>30221346
What?
Pretty much the only fans to shit on 5 are Sinnohfetuses.
>>
>>30221346
>>defending gen v
You get an F- in reading comprehension.
>>
>>30221391
That's gen 4 anon.
The only new mechanic it added was the split after all.
>>
>>30217785
>gen 4
>better than anything but gen 2
>>
>>30221396
I legitimately think Charizard is boring outside of M-Charizard, not just being contrarian. I never even liked him as a kid, but maybe that was just muh Pokemon Blue pride or something.

Only Goodra is a worse Dragon than Charizard. Even Druddigon is cooler and more interesting on the eyes.
>>
>>30221447
>implying you're not a hypocritical hoenbabby
>>
>>30221638
What are you talking about?
>>
>>30221561
>not just being contrarian
Nah, you're a bonafide hipster.
>>
>>30221391
and abilities and natures and weather and Berries
>>
>>30221697
Fine. Show me a Dragon Pokemon that is less inspired or unique than Charizard.
>>
>>30220884
doesn't run with cinematic 30fps
>>
>>30221719
And a complete rehaul of the previous system.
Also an IV and effort checker.
>>
>>30221520
And the split is by far the best improvement of the series.
Plus gen 4 had postgame, good pokemon designs, a good rival, and brought back Day/Night. Gen 3 had none of that
>>
>>30221772
>we'll never have another 60fps game again
>>
>>30221679
>I don't shit on Gen IV just because it's the next generation from mine
>but Gen IV babbies totally do that
>>
What engine? 3DS is dying, and no way the first Gen 8 game will be a remake.
>>
>>30221719
Weather and Berries were in gen 2.

>>30221782
>A complete rehaul of the previous system
What?
>>
>>30221821
Hopefully. I can't stand models at that framerate.
>>
>>30221838
But I wasn't shitting on Gen 4?
I was just saying the only group of fans to shit on 5 were Sinnohfetuses. That has nothing to do with the games
>>
>>30221845
It'll be on the Switch, like Star
>>
>>30221917
You're a massive hypocrite.
>>
>>30216172
>Black/White remake
How would that work? Release the first one and then the second a year later? Or be a two in one game? Or do a timeskip with your team in the party PC and BW2 happens.
>>
File: Tropius.png (61KB, 260x240px) Image search: [Google]
Tropius.png
61KB, 260x240px
>All those people comparing Hoenn with other regions
>Ctrl+F "Tropius", not found

Come on, guys. I know he isn't competitively viable, and his role is more akin to Bibarel as HM Mule. But just look at this motherfucker and tell me the design isn't great. Look at him.
>>
>>30221917
I'm a Johtoddler and I also shit on worstgen (5) but only B/W. B2/W2 were good.
>>
>>30222001
Careful, that faggot from earlier will pop up telling you Tropius is an inferior ripoff of Aerodactyl or some shit.
>>
>>30222001
I love Tropius be he looks like a retard in the 3D games, and it forever pisses me off that he's a sauropod without a tail.

I'd actually prefer it if he couldn't fly, and the leaves were just sails like a Stegosaur or something.
>>
>>30221917
>>30222022
Same here, just thinking about replaying BW makes me want to throw up, seriously.
>>
>>30222048
>being this salty about getting told
>>
>>30221961
I don't buy it. The chances of them not only resuming the tradition of having a third game after abandoning it in Gens 5 and 6 but also making it for a completely different system are pathetically low.

It's not unlikely, but it'll require a degree of compatibility between the Switch and 3DS that would itself be incredibly difficult to pull off. So don't count on seeing any remakes anytime soon.
>>
>>30221810
>Plus gen 4 had postgame,
Which was worse than Emerald especially the BF as the removed a hell of a lot of content. They also neutered contests and bases.
>good pokemon designs
Subjective but I think the fact that they haven't had cross gens since 4 says it all.
>a good rival
Team wise it was bearable at best. Not great but acceptable.
Character wise Barry was the single worst rival yet with an extremely annoying gimmick. Even worse then Malasada boy.
and brought back Day/Night.
In regards to graphics and what pokemon appeared at what time. The latter being a negative that added to the tedium of an already slow region.
In any case gen 3 still had time based events and what not in RSE.

The more you know anon.
>>
>>30216100
Imagine what life would have been like if ORAS were on B2W2's engine.
Sadly we don't deserve such amazing things.
>>
>>30222048
If you don't count the obligatory regional bird/rodent/Pikaclone, gen 5 is the only gen with direct ripoffs of other pokemon.
>>
>>30222048
Both are nothing alike.
Aerodactyl and most Kanto species are cool as fuck though.

>>30222108
I don't mind the lack of tail at all, since I see the sauropod thing just as a "starting point". (Alternatively, he just lost his tail, like a certain branch of the primates family did it too.)

About 3D: I agree. They should've made his "helmet" a bit higher, it looks like a retard haircut.
>>
>>30222022
I dunno with which Gen I identify with, but BW made me drop the series until XY and ORAS.

I still don't dare touching BW2.
>>
>>30222022
Well then you're not really shitting on the gen are you. I mean you literally like half of the games that made up the gen.

>>30221979
How so?
>>
>>30222001
Linoone was better because it has pick up, although money is never an issue when you can start farming the Reporter and Ty like crazy for money and experience
>>
>>30222233
What didn't you like about BW and I'll tell you if they fixed it.
>>
>>30222001
>He STILL doesn't randomly produce Nanab Berries akin to Honey Gather
>>
File: Black_2_White_2_Colress.png (409KB, 797x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Black_2_White_2_Colress.png
409KB, 797x1200px
>>30222233
BW2 is basically an apology for BW. This guy is pretty much the exact opposite of N.

You'll get it when you play it.
>>
>>30217563
I'm going to fucking hate it when you people start acting like shitting on Gen 6 is something new.
>>
>>30222410
This, bunch of hypocrites.
>>
>>30222184
>>30222184
>Gen 4 removed the battle frontier
Except it copy/pasted it from gen 3 and added its own mini-region, nostalgiafriend. Gen 3's "postgame" was nothing but the boring fucking Battle Facilities.
Contests were exactly the same.
The Underground had bases. Maybe you should play the games instead of letting your nostalgia for gen 3 dictate what you say and think.

No more cross-generational evolutions is the fault of Gen 5 and Eviolite.

Barry is a massive step up from May, Wally, and Brendan, Barry was actually challenging to fight and was, like Blue and Silver, a step ahead of you the whole game. He was also the last rival that didn't heal your pokemon before every battle.

Tl;dr, you're a nostalgiafag whos first game was Ruby.
>>
>>30222233
BW2 is still somewhat chatty but is the most content packed pokemon game to date even with the loss of the online services.
It also has a hell of a lot of areas to explore on the side.
>>
>>30222408
SuMo's story and characterization being so tightly written really makes me look less favorably on BW and especially XY.
>>
>>30222512
Did Emerald have the facility where you rent Pokemon and swap them out with the enemies you beat?

That one was cool.
>>
Not a single Pokémon game has ever had a good post game, even Emerald's Battle frontier was just battling with forced gimmicks tacked on to blind you to the fact they were all practically the same thing.

The Battle Factory was the only exception, and even that was because your initial choice of rentals was the biggest factor in whether you won or lost. With all the other facilities, it was just "regular battles but with X gimmick to add arbitrary difficulty". The only true postgame is multiplayer, and only an idiot or someone with no internet connection would settle for less.
>>
>>30222575
Yes
>>
>>30222408
I can't remember much of them.
I hope you don't believe I'm shitposting, but Plasma annoyed me. I just wanted to finnish the league. Maybe I'd like it more now?
>>30222317
Oh, Mr. "My Technosuit is watercooled, plebs"
Thanks for the TM
>>30222536
Like what?
>>
>>30222593
Here's a (You), GSC, DPPt, HGSS, B2W2, and SM all have postgame, ranging from meh to fantastic.
>>
>>30222685
>I hope you don't believe I'm shitposting, but Plasma annoyed me
It's cool, only idiots like N and Team Plasma from BW.
>>
>>30222866
This, the ONLY good thing about B/W Plasma was the music
>>
>>30222295
Their learning set doesn't match, so there's barely any comparison. Sweet Scent and Fly at one side, Surf and Covet at the other. Both are useful together.

(Although the HM spam was annoying, Emerald was good on forcing you to have a whole set of utility mons instead of one or two.)
>>
>>30222722
An extra legendary or two and a pale imitation of actual multiplayer does not a post game make. The Johto games came close, but in practice it was just blending two games in a way that their individual incompleteness is all the more obvious..
>>
>>30222512
>Except it copy/pasted it from gen 3
You've never played Emerald have you. For starters it's not a copy and paste if they removed five of the seven unique facilties in Emerald.
The only ones that made it into Plat were the tower and rentals.

As for contests in gen 4 they removed any depth it had by removing both combo moves and jamming moves as well as adding in the poor man's DDR and dress up.
And yes, I know the underground had bases that's the problem. They removed the alternate layouts and designs for a small square cave.

I don't think you've ever played a gen 3 game.

>No more cross-generational evolutions is the fault of Gen 5 and Eviolite.
And why do you think the item that specifically powers up unevolved mon was introduced in the gen after they released the most disliked evolutions?

>Barry was actually challenging to fight and was,
Don't get ahead of yourself. He was better team wise but not exactly much of a challenge. The challenge only really came from subsequent rematches if you didn't level up.
>like Blue and Silver, a step ahead of you the whole game.
He beat you to about 3 gyms actually and didn't even bother with the E4. Not to mention he was crushed by Galactic at the lake.

>He was also the last rival that didn't heal your pokemon before every battle.
Because like the previous rivals you had the opportunity to heal anyway.

You should probably check these things before you post.
>>
>>30222964
Not really. I end up having TWO HM whore and it annoys me as fuck. Im glad that gone with the Poke Ride Pager.
>>
>>30223061
Most of the facilities are ass. Like I said, the tower and factory were the only ones not wholly reliant on their gimmicks.
>>
It's funny how hypocritical you SOME of you Sinnohfags are. You say that Hoennbabies are defensive, but you guys are at least 10% more defensive than them. With that said, both Hoenn and Sinnoh were great regions and had great installments. This thread is shit.
>>
File: Darkest (you)riat.gif (805KB, 395x189px) Image search: [Google]
Darkest (you)riat.gif
805KB, 395x189px
>>30216172
>>
File: Celes - Finger.gif (966B, 32x48px) Image search: [Google]
Celes - Finger.gif
966B, 32x48px
>>30222408
I squeed like a retarded fangirl when I saw him do the finger animation from FFVI.
>>
>4. Do not incite genwars. Keep discussions civil and don't let them devolve into flaming.
>>
People who abandoned the franchise after gen2 and came back with Sinnoh are the worst pieces of shit and the reason of half the genwars in this board.
>>
>>30223444
People who try to blame any side of any long fanbase with internal divisions and different preferences are the worst piece of shit. You are even worse than the gen whiners.
>>
>>30223444
I played them straight and I still prefer Sinnoh to Hoenn most of the time.

Bite me.
>>
File: 1447979110422.jpg (16KB, 264x191px) Image search: [Google]
1447979110422.jpg
16KB, 264x191px
>>30223413
>mods
>doing their jobs
>>
>>30223444
It's ok Anon, just show the court on the doll where the Sinnohfan touched you.
>>
>>30222685
>Like what?
Well for starters the majority of the gen 4 BF is in the PWT.
Then there's white treehollow/black tower.
Legendaries with ones like Regigias and Heatran having their own dungeons.
Relic passage, Clay tunnel, castelia sewers as well as the previous optional areas in BW.
Join Avenue which is admittedly slower without WiFi but still usable as they give you 10 NPC trainers a day.
Funfest missions and a handful of sidequests like the lost Xtransceiver one.
Pokestar
There's also a means to earn HA mon without the dream world in hidden grottoes.
>>
>>30216100
Gen 4 needs it more, though. Gen 3 was already good. DPPt were unplayable slow garbage and desperately need to be reimagined in an engine that isn't total shit, and a gen that has done away with HMs.
>>
>>30223134
And then gen 4 went and added three facilities where the gimmick is the only thing that sets them apart from the tower.

There's a reason why people liked the Emerald frontier and we're angry why it didn't make a return in Plat and ORAS. It had a large amount of meaningful variety and even had a few facilities that made the player go into depth with the mechanics.

Also are you really trying to justify GF casualising the game by saying you didn't like them?
>>
>>30218881
why do you keep posting this inaccurate chart?
>>
>>30223613
Thing is, the speed wasn't the only problem.
The region design was horrendous too as it relied too heavily on HMs and was chock full of dead ends.
>>
>>30223613
>Gen 3 was already good.

oh yeah with dem 3 water related HMs and a shitty overworld
>>
>>30223908
Yes?
I don't see what point you're trying to make.
>>
>>30222988
>An extra legendary or two
Plus new routes, facilities, story, and pokemon.
>>
>>30216437
This. The remakes were better than the original in every conceivable way and I'm totally satisfied with it.
On to new regions now.
>>
>>30223498
>>30223500
>>30223525
>implying he's lying
>denying trips
>>
>>30217563
>gen 5 has only recently been dubbed shit
were you not there for the vanillish line reveal or
>>
>>30224166
That was pre release anon.
>>
>>30224166
People were also shitting on "Wotter" since day 1.
>>
>>30223061
>>30223061
Not my fault the gatbage that was the BF was forgettable as fuck.
Meanwhile the Frontier from DPPt was basically disneyland.

Porygon-Z, Magnezone, Mamoswine, Glaceon, Glisgor, and Weavile are some of the most liked Pokemon in the franchise, btw.
>>
>>30223733
>meaningful variety

>battle tower
>battle tower, but with random shit in between battles
>half-assed "tournament"
>battle tower, but you can't control your pokemon
>battle tower, but with grades that shouldn't mean shit because if you're not KOing the opponent in 3 turns you're doing something wrong
>battle pyramid, which is stupid because why have wild pokemon which you CAN'T EVEN CAPTURE, THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF THEM BEING WILD
>battle factory, which would have potential if your initial rentals weren't the only thing determining whether you win or lose because you are fucked if none of the rentals can fight worth shit

>made the player go into depth with the mechanics

Were you smoking something when you played through it? Because the only mechanics that the player had to go into depth with were from the gimmicky shit that had no reason to be around in the first place. If regular battles aren't good enough for you, just play with other human beings instead of settling a braindead AI that can only win when the game gives all their Pokemon perfect IVs.

>>30224067
>story
Yeah, usually just them tying up the loose ends that shouldn't have been left to start with.
>routes
Which were empty and usually full of weakling trainers and wild Pokemon barely harder than the ones in the Victory Road equivalents.
>facilities
See above, the nostalgia is skewing your perspective
>pokemon
Only the legendaries were ever worth using, all the rest were good only for filling the dex, which you should be doing anyway.
>>
>>30216100
You guys already had your time on the spotlight, we had to endure your shitty region and shitty characters 2 times now.
>>
>>30224414
>Not my fault the gatbage that was the BF was forgettable as fuck.
Which is why fans still want the Emerald frontier back and hated the Plat one when it was revealed, right?
>Meanwhile the Frontier from DPPt was basically disneyland.
If every ride was just a reskin yeah it would be.

>Porygon-Z, Magnezone, Mamoswine, Glaceon, Glisgor, and Weavile are some of the most liked Pokemon in the franchise, btw.
Weavile and Porygon Z are certainly one of the more polarising ones but the rest are in the minority of liked mon.
Gliscor is only out there because it's a decent mon competitively.
>>
>>30223733
Can't casualize something that was made for casuals since day 1. Call me when they actually make in-depth gameplay that will crush you for making the slightest mistake the rule and not the exception ingame, and then we'll talk about whether it can be casualized or not.
>>
>>30223964
>Yes?
Thanks for agreeing that Gen 3's overworld was trash and a huge step down from Gen 2's and the 3 Water HMs are awful. Now if you'll just admit that the sprites, pokemon, music, and region were equally terrible we'd be on the same page
>>
>>30224650
No, it's because they're spoiled fucks who just want the same thing over and over again until the day they finally snuff it.
>>
>>30224670
Of course it was trash.
But it was the best of the trash anon.

Especially coming out of Johto which is still the smallest region yet.
>>
>>30216100
I sincerely cannot think of what you're trying to say. Are you talking about some DP remake someone made in 3rd gen's engine or something?
>>
>>30224604
Anon, you really need to focus on who you're talking to.
I'm pretty sure the one you're talking to below is talking about HGSS and not Emerald. You know, the gen 4 game?

You've also just blown your shitposter cover.
>>
>>30224703
You do realise that version of the BF only appeared once about 10 years ago, right?
>>
>>30216476
I played all but black and white and loved gen III. Though gen 2 had two regions and I want to like it the most for that, ruby had a fuckton more to explore if you had a water HM slave.
>>
>>30219617
You seem like a bit of a cunt fampai
>>
>>30224664
>Call me when they actually make in-depth gameplay that will crush you for making the slightest mistake the rule and not the exception ingame, and then we'll talk about whether it can be casualized or not.
Gen 3 contests called.

Also if you don't think you can casualise something that's already casual than you're a fool. Gen 4 is proof of that.
>>
>>30224781
He -tried- to say that RS deserve Gen 7 remakes more than DP.
>>
>>30224650
If so many people liked it, why wasn't it in any other games in the series? Why didn't it make a return like the features that people actually wanted like following Pokemon and amie?
>>
>>30224857
What really brought down Johto is the lack of exploration. The region was extremely bare and devoid of anything of interest.
Hell the only optional areas were Mortar and Dark Cave. Places that had nothing of worth in them.
>>
>>30224951
>>30224951
oh, maybe he meant the word 'generation'. that makes it make sense except DP will be remade in gen 8 lel
>>
>>30224890
>Gen 3 contests called
This better be a joke.

>Gen 4 is proof of that
You mean Gen V and VI. Gen IV, on the other hand, is slightly harder than Gen III. Did you even play it?
>>
>>30224980
>What really brought down Johto is the lack of exploration.
What? There's plenty to explore. There's just not much to find.
>>
>>30224955
If you remember anon it did come back.
But that's the version that condemned everything about it to death because of the dislike for it.

Also following pokemon wasn't exactly a fan favourite feature if it was entirely forgotten about and only placed in a remake because they were making the sprites for the entralink anyway.

Amie is also an eeveelution method and you know how GF is about them
>>
>>30224786
>I'm pretty sure the one you're talking to below is talking about HGSS and not Emerald. You know, the gen 4 game?

The exact same criticisms can be applied for both Frontiers, your rose-tinted glasses notwithstanding. None of them have ever offered any genuine improvements over playing with other human beings or even go beyond the basic Battle Tower mechanics in a way that didn't rely on gimmicks. Gimmicks are cancer, and you all are cancer for wanting them back.

>>30224890
>Gen 3 contests called.

Oh please, that may as well have been an entirely different game since its mechanics were utterly detached from the main game. I'm talking about the battling, what most people actually play the games for. I for one shed no tears on its well-deserved death.

In other news, remakes are all shit, and they suck up time and resources that would be better spent making future generations of the game, as opposed to cynical ploys to appeal to nostalgiafags who will find fault with it anyway because it's not a 1:1 copy of the game they think they remember. If you want to play the old games, just suck it up and play the originals as you ought to.
>>
>>30225207
You have to admire the irony here.
>>
>Wanting to go back to Sinnoh again
>Platinum wasn't enough
I try to be optimistic about most Gens, they all have their flaws and awesome things but 4 is just the one I enjoyed so little, I was glad to be done with it after beating Platinum.

I don't want to go back to Sinnoh with those characters and Pokemon.
>>
>>30225536
Shit taste
>>
>>30225510
The irony that the same people both want and don't want their "Battle Tower, but with X gimmick" knockoffs? I agree.

No wonder GF hasn't bothered with them since, the idiots can't decide whether or not they want them.
>>
>>30225207
>I'm talking about the battling, what most people actually play the games for.
You only play for about 5% of the game?

Why not just play a sim then?
>>
>>30225663
They're still working out the kinks with the Gen VII sims.

Granted, I also like filling the Pokedex out, but I don't see anyone bitching about how catching Pokemon needs change for the sake of change. Though I'm sure someone will get the idea of doing so now...
>>
>>30225618
No, that you both like and dislike battling and their various modes and talk about remakes stunting progression yet not wanting anything more than battles.
>>
>>30225851
Don't bother with the Sinnigger.
He always shitposts when things don't go his way.
>>
>>30216172
>all these retards opposing this

while platinum is good, D/P are the biggest shitstains in the series and most people who played those didn't get platinum, hence most people hate diamon/pearl or gen 4 in general
>>
>>30225851
What I want is for them to genuinely elaborate on new modes of battling. Though the addition of the battle royale was an improvement, removing triple and rotation battles was still a step backward and I fail to see how gimmick-laden versions of what would otherwise be mundane single or double battles could be worth putting back in once their novelty has run dry.

And honestly, what the fuck are you playing Pokemon for if you're not interested in either battling or catching em all? I've yet to find even one person who got the games solely for Contests, let alone the story.

>>30226041
>implying I have any bias towards any gen

I do, however, have bias against the dumbasses who seem to be so completely stuck in the past that they can't imagine future games being good unless they incessantly recycle the same regions, features, and characters- which ones those are is irrelevant.

Stop living in the shadow of decade-old games and get with the times.
>>
File: CFRietyVEAAymg6.jpg (13KB, 235x190px) Image search: [Google]
CFRietyVEAAymg6.jpg
13KB, 235x190px
>>30218804
>>
File: 1479759086634.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1479759086634.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
>>30226052
>D/P
>Worse than R/B/Y, R/S/E, OR/AS, or B/W
>>
File: 1478199213469.jpg (37KB, 600x528px) Image search: [Google]
1478199213469.jpg
37KB, 600x528px
>>30218887
>m-muh piracy!

Unovabortions truly are pathetic. I'm glad Gen 5 sold like shit, now your bland region will be marketed and acknowledged the least. I almost feel sorry for you, almost. Stay salty, cuck.
>>
>>30226565
Yep, DP is the worst game yet.
Hell the drop to 30fps was a huge red flag.
>>
File: 1470855420102.jpg (21KB, 251x252px) Image search: [Google]
1470855420102.jpg
21KB, 251x252px
>>30216172
>>
>>30226616
This so much
If Piracy was actually an issue, X/Y, OR/AS, and S/M would have sold like shit, too, but the series has been on an upswing ever since B/W. Undeniable proof that Gen 5 was the lowest point in the series.
>>
>>30226751
Or that fads go in a cycle.
>>
>>30226700
You just have shit taste. The introduction of the Phys/Special split and Drifblim, Mamoswine, and Empoleon put it ahead of the likes of any Gen 3 game or B/W.
>>
>>30217785
>BW ever worse than DP
kek
>>
>>30226751
Just so you know, the only piracy that affects anything is emulation.
After all the idea is to not spend money. Buying a system to hack defeats the purpose.
>>
>>30226887
BW has a shitty linear region with awful pokemon and a cringeworthy story and DP has none of those so yeah, I'd say DP is a lot better than Pokemon Bad and Pokemon Shite.
>>
>>30226810
>The introduction of the Phys/Special split
was the only thing of worth.
Everything else was either a vastly inferior copy, tedious or just plain boring.

Why do you think there was such little talk about them on their anniversary? Even BW was better by leaps and bounds mostly because it was at least visually interesting.
>>
i like pokemon
>>
>>30227018
Please stop falseflagging my favorite gen, Anon.
>>
>>30227018
B2W2 was the best game that GF ever made.
>>
File: 1478200638771.gif (2MB, 160x120px) Image search: [Google]
1478200638771.gif
2MB, 160x120px
>>30227121
>B/W were better than D/P
>B/W WERE VISUALLY INTERSTING
Holy shit hahahaha
I guess the worst sprites in the series INCLUDING Gen 1 were pretty interesting, yeah. The PS1-tier graphics were also pretty sweet
>>
>>30216365
>Gen 1 and 3 are the most loved
I could never wrap my head around Gen 1's appeal. It's pretty shit desu. The game was broken beyond belief.
Not saying Kanto and it's storyline is bad
Saying Gen 1 is bad
>>
Even generations > Odd generation.

Even generations add gameplay changes while odd generation add more pokemon. Except for gen 7 with Z-moves but then gen 6 has it beat with megas and adding a new type.
>>
>>30227406
It was great for the time, the problem with Gen 1 is that every pokemon game that came out after it is mechanically better
>>
>>30227478
I just can't go back to old games anymore.
The Pokemon feel so lifeless when they aren't animated and you can't pet and feed them.
>>
>>30227406
Nostalgia.
>>
>>30216476
I started with Red and my favourite Gen is III.
>>
>Johto remade
>Unova released
>Kalos released
>Hoenn remade
>Kanto rereleased
>Alola released

Sinnoh is the oldest region.
>>
>>30227300
Who invited the contrarian?
Seriously though, even the player sprite had more interesting elements to it than anything in Gen 4. Hell it was the first game to show something more than a blank expression.
Then there's the overworld, along with the seasonal effects they added legitimate 3D effects instead of that pseudo 3D that would warp on a whim in DP.
Oh and 60fps battles too.

DP were literally the worst games yet they didn't even have any worthwhile content.
>>
>>30227670
Topkek. You're in the vast minority. More people disliked Gen 5 than liked it.
>>30218881
>>
>>30227837
How does that mean people didn't like it?
>>
>>30227837
Sales literally mean nothing when it comes to popularity.
Just look at DPPt, sold better than 5 yet it's widely regarded as the worst set of games in the franchise to the point where there were about 3000 mentions of it on its anniversary earlier this year and some of them might not have been giving it to DP but the entire franchise as this is pokemon's 20th still.

I don't think you understand how bad the games are.
>>
>>30228155
Oh and that's mentions across twitter AND YouTube.
>>
>>30227300
your gay
>>
>>30228155
>>30228251
DP are pretty hated alright, but they aren't hated as much as Gen 5. Seriously, there is a reason why GF acknowledges it the least, because they know they dropped the ball hard at that one.
>>
>>30228362
>because they know they dropped the ball hard at that one.

How?
>>
>>30228155
And there will be zero mentions of Gen 5, 6, and 7 come their anniversarries, because the Pokemon fanbase, that is, the people that actually buy the games, didn't grow up with them. People that were 6 when R/S/E came out (like you) are the ones that buy. Pokemon games. Pokemania was officially over by Gen 4, (thanks to Gen 3 killing it) most people don't have nostalgia for it, nostalgia being the only reason people like Gen 1 and 3.
>>
>>30228398
Gen IV is my favorite and even I agree that D/P were irredeemable shit. Thankfully, Platinum fixed them so fucking well that it ended up being one of the best gamest in the series.
And because GameFreak is GameFreak, I'm fully expecting the D/P remakes to have no Platinum content at all.
>>
>>30228398
Black 2 and white 2 were an apology game for the first ones.
>>
>>30228315
his gay what?
>>
>>30228362
Eh, no.
There's a large difference between hating and not acknowledging something.

They know they made mistakes with DP and the fan reception to the BF, poor region design and Cross gens show that. Which is why the BF hasn't made and appearance since, games have become overly linear and megas and Eviolite exist.

Gen 5 isn't so much hated among fans as it's underrated. They've never had to actively rectify anything from Gen 5 after all. Well aside from triples and rotations and that was down to the fact that SM chugs more than XY because of the trainer models.
>>
>>30228398
By the fact that they're the least selling games in the series and by the fact they damage controlled like FUCK with B2 and W2, I'd imagine.
>>
>>30228459
>Pokemania was officially over by Gen 4, (thanks to Gen 3 killing it)
No, Anon. Pokemania died even before Gen 3. People had moved on to other stuff, and the new Pokemon games didn't have enough momentum to bring enough attention back. Even during Gen 2, interest was already showing very subtle hints of decay.
>>
>>30228459
>Pokemania was officially over by Gen 4, (thanks to Gen 3 killing it)
Let me just fix that for you

Pokemania died mid gen 2 as evidenced by the steep drop in sales and anime ratings at the time. And it's understandable, the johto anime had no real direction and it felt like it was in filler hell for the entire arc not to mention the was a hell of a lot of miscommunication and cancelled arcs like the infamous GS ball.
It didn't help that the games were essentially just a rehash of 1 with about 80 or so truly original pokemon. And that's no babies or cross gens.

Basically pokemon fell into a rut at that time and needed a change in more ways than one.
If it didn't happen then we probably wouldn't be here now.
>>
File: 1478716409984.gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
1478716409984.gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>30228667
>Cross gens aren't new pokemon
>>
>>30228526
BW2 was damage control?
How?

BW was damage control for DPPt as was HGSS but I don't see how BW2 was. Especially since BW is still the highest rated pokemon game in Japan.
>>
>>30221998
Remake BW2. I don't think as many people would buy the "No old Pokemon until post-game" game again.
>>
>>30228725
There's a difference between new and original anon. For example tyranitar and dunsparce are original. Slowking and Pichu aren't original
It's kind of why I chose to say original and not new.

Reading isn't your strong suit is it.
>>
>>30228773
Or better yet make BW3.
>>
>>30221998
Two on one would be great. After you finish the main story, other regions pokemon start appearing, everything is scaled to post-game levels, and the story follows Ghetsis' madness like BW2.

Don't you want more story, GF? Do this.
>>
Since this turned into a Gen war thread, how about we rate our favorites?
5>4>7>3>2>6>1
>>
>>30228729
B2W2 were damage control because they fixed a lot of the mistakes that BW did. People complained that they didn't want to use the new Gen 5 shitmons, so they allowed players to use Pokémon from previous regions from the start (there's a Riolu right after the second town, to give an example). PWT was massive nostalgia pandering, and they included a difficulty option because BW were piss easy outside of Ghetsis' Hydreigon. That isn't even to mention all the postgame content they put in an effort to save Gen 5 (which it did)
And I honestly wouldn't trust Famitsu that much, they're the IGN of Japan; it would be like IGN giving the latest CoD a 10/10.
>>
>>30229025
5 > 1 > 2 > 6 > 3 > 4 > 7
>>
>>30229090
Any reason you like 1 so much?
>>
>>30229082
So basically you think it was damage control just because they expanded the roster.

You don't know what damage control means do you.
>>
>>30229102
I like the simplicity (no complicated systems)

Yellow is the only game that I have 100%, connecting and battling with Stadium is a ton of fun. All I had to do was train them to level 50~55 and make sure I didn't replace bad moves.

I wish battling on new games would be this simple, but nowadays you have to look for HAs, breed for egg moves, find the correct nature, make EV spreads... I just want to have a lot of pokemon ready for battle.
>>
>>30229362
>make sure I didn't replace bad moves.
Correction, make sure I didn't replace good moves.
>>
>>30229141
Do you? That's what pisses /vp/ off in the first place, that Gen 5 seems to be shafted just because of muh ice cream and garbage Pokemon; that legitimately made people hate Gen 5 in the first place.
>>
>>30228836
>Slowking and Pichu are not original
Neither are Maractus, Audino, Boufallant, Musharna, Klingklang, Lilligant, Stoutland, Gothitelle, Crygonial, Throh, Sawk, Conkledurr, or Vanilluxe.
By this logic, Gen 5 only has about 20 new pokemon.
>>
>>30229362
EVs exist in Yellow too. Enjoy having your old experiences retroactively spoiled.
>>
>>30229362
>Enjoys simplicity
>Stripes n Spikes: The Generation is his favorite
>>
>>30229082
>so they allowed players to use Pokémon from previous regions from the start
You know they did that because they expanded the region by quite a bit right?

The PWT is don't see how you can call that damage control in the slightest when it featured legacy trainers from every gen. That's like saying the battle tree and any other appearance of past characters in any game is damage control.

As for the difficulty, that's just you trying to find things to complain about, especially since the method of unlocking was convoluted and BW were harder then the gen 4 games because of both the exp scaling and movesets of NPCs.

>That isn't even to mention all the postgame content they put in an effort to save Gen 5
As per third versions mind you.

And no Famitsu is not the IGN of Japan. Not in the slightest.

Where's the damage control exactly?
It's not exactly the same tier as redesigning the swamps in Sinnoh and adding the advertised cross gens into the main game.
>>
File: 1480116753769.jpg (60KB, 610x359px) Image search: [Google]
1480116753769.jpg
60KB, 610x359px
>>30229025
4 > 2 > 7 > 6 > I >>>>>>> 5 > 3
>>
>>30229362
>I just want to have a lot of pokemon ready for battle.
Then do it, no one is forcing you to search for abilities, IVs and EVs. They're only needed for online.

Also Gen 1 also had EVs and IVs but under a different name. And with a lack of breeding there was no way of getting perfect ones outside of luck.
I hope you enjoy gen 1 being ruined.
>>
>>30229472
>Gives you facts
>N-nuh-uh!
>See? There's no damage control!
Lul
>>
>>30229951
Swap 3 and 1
Then 1 and 7
Flip the whole thing and change 7 > 5 to 7 = 5

There you have the patrician's rating.
>>
>>30230055
How is adding features damage control?
>>
>>30230055
You gave me opinions backed up by more opinions.
I gave you facts and broke down youe nonsensical logic.
>>
>>30229982
>They're only needed for online.

This is the problem, in gen 7 there's no other way to get battles outside of Battle Tree, where everything is fully trained with competitive movesets.

Stadium gives you a lot of room to breathe, only the highest opponents like the rival, the E4
and the Ultra Ball cup were nearly perfect.

>Also Gen 1 also had EVs and IVs but under a different name

You'd get stat exp simply by battling, and poor IVs doesn't makes a Pokemon unusable.

For example, a bad Alakazam in gen 1 was more viable than one in gen 7 that isn't Timid, fully trained in speed and special attack, and with Magic Guard.
>>
>>30230055
That's really silly, did you expect BW2 to have the SAME EXACT pokemon as BW? That's damage control?

Was it damage control when Sinnoh's dex got expanded in Platinum? Of course not, it makes no sense to not add more pokemon on a game of the same gen.
>>
>>30230220
>there's no other way to get battles outside of Battle Tree, where everything is fully trained with competitive movesets

And what's wrong with online? Do you prefer fighting against braindead AIs?

>For example, a bad Alakazam in gen 1 was more viable than one in gen 7 that isn't Timid, fully trained in speed and special attack, and with Magic Guard.

Except that's completely wrong, and hyper training was added specifically to counteract bad IVs. Stop trying to cover up for your own incompetence.
>>
>>30230220
>For example, a bad Alakazam in gen 1 was more viable than one in gen 7 that isn't Timid, fully trained in speed and special attack, and with Magic Guard.
Not him but the gen 7 zam would be more viable because of hyper training, ability capsules, mega evolution and other such methods and strategies that open possibilities.

Your gen 1 one would be useless however because there's no way to change it and in a competitive environment you would always lose because of the strict mechanics present. Not to mention stat xp is pointless when there's no cap total. Anyone can level each stat to the max so it makes no difference in the end so the deciding factor would always be the random factor of IVs.
>>
>>30230282
>And what's wrong with online? Do you prefer fighting against braindead AIs?

People online will have perfect pokemon. I'm actually trying to battle online VGC, I've lost all my battles so far. I'm not having much fun, I wish it was as simple as gen 1 to get good pokemon.

I'm training mine with good EVs but they don't have good IVs, natures, eggmoves or they hidden ability, for example, my Garchomp doesn't have Rough Skin and it took a lot of work to even get a Gible.

>>30230282
>Except that's completely wrong, and hyper training was added specifically to counteract bad IVs. Stop trying to cover up for your own incompetence.

You have to level to 100 without Battle Restaurants or Blissey Bases, and you need to get Bottle Caps which takes forever to get. I've been playing since launch and I only have around 5 shards of each colour despite sending my pokemon every day to get them.

You need to accept that some of us just want to battle and have fun with our pokemon, not spend so much time micro managing them.
>>
>>30230454
>You need to accept that some of us just want to battle and have fun with our pokemon, not spend so much time micro managing them.
You do realise in gen 1 the end game is, literally just rebattling the E4 over again and again right?

I don't think you can talk about fun when you like such a repetitive and easy task.
>>
>>30230454
IVs were still a thing in Gen 1. The only difference is that there were hardly any Pokemon worth using in the first place.

>You have to level to 100 without Battle Restaurants or Blissey Bases, and you need to get Bottle Caps which takes forever to get. I've been playing since launch and I only have around 5 shards of each colour despite sending my pokemon every day to get them.

You get Rare Candies from the cafes for feeding your Pokemon Poke Beans, there's the 20% experience bonus for bringing your pokemon's affection up to 2 hearts in Pokemon Amie/Refresh, and if even that's too hard you can just drop your Pokemon off in Isle Evelup and give them EXP/EV points by doing literally nothing.

You have no excuse.
>>
>this thread
>hoenn babies outing themselves like the autists they are
you already got your shitty meme remake don't pretend gen 4 or 5 wasn't better than the Hoenn games.
>>
>>30230797
Don't try and leech off of gen 5 Sinnohshit.
Your gen will always be the cancer that killed the second rising.
>>
>>30230429
>Not him but the gen 7 zam would be more viable because of hyper training, ability capsules, mega evolution and other such methods and strategies that open possibilities.
>Your gen 1 one would be useless however because there's no way to change it and in a competitive environment you would always lose because of the strict mechanics present. Not to mention stat xp is pointless when there's no cap total. Anyone can level each stat to the max so it makes no difference in the end so the deciding factor would always be the random factor of IVs.

Actually, the biggest trouble would be having a pokemon like Starmie or Tauros outspeeding your Zam.

I'm not saying that gen 1 is perfect (whch is why I put it behind 5), but that it is more pleasing than gen 7 for me.

>>30230566
>You do realise in gen 1 the end game is, literally just rebattling the E4 over again and again right?
>I don't think you can talk about fun when you like such a repetitive and easy task.

As I said, I like leveling and battling on Stadium.

Some of the stronger ones like Starmie and Tauros I took the effort to level to 100 for Prime Cup, but most are on 50 to 55 for Poke Cup.

Registering pokemon on Stadium's Hall of Fame is fun to me...

>>30230610
I'm getting the Rare Candies from the cafes, it's one per day right?

Even when you consider playing on max efficiency, it's a huge amount of time to get your egg moves, a Hidden Ability, get to level 100 and gather the shards for Bottle Caps.

My argument isn't really how viable it is to turn my random pokemon into strong pokemon, but rather the simplicity. If they let you change natures and learn egg moves and hidden abilities without having to breed I'd be much happier.
>>
>>30230963
>If they let you change natures and learn egg moves and hidden abilities without having to breed I'd be much happier.

And that'll never happen, because then everyone would be using the exact same team since there would be no reason to use anything else. Besides, you don't even NEED egg moves or the hidden ability so you're really just making it harder on yourself.
>>
File: 421541.gif (135KB, 180x135px) Image search: [Google]
421541.gif
135KB, 180x135px
>>30230963
>liking stadium unironically

Shit taste confirmed.
>>
>>30230963
I think you may be legitimately autistic.
I mean you oppose change regardless of if it's for the better and enjoy mindless repetition.
>>
>>30231122
I'm legitimately autistic, and even I think he's being an idiot. Or at least too lazy to learn how to make a good team in a way that takes actual effort.
>>
>>30230883
>Don't try to leech off of gen 5 Sinnohshit

Kek, stay in denial unovabortion, but your shit Gen was the lowest point in the series. The glorious fact that GF will never acknowledge you cucks and your awful region is enough to make me kek.
>>
>>30231202
>>30231248
>calling gen 5 the low point
>when more people dropped the game because of gen 4 and it's only remembered because of furbait
>GF went into full damage control with HGSS and BW because of Sinnoh
Kek. Enjoying the knot Sinnohshit?
>>
>>30231192
I know how to make a good team which is why I said that, it's not easy or quick and you know it!

>>30231060
What's the problem? It's more fun than Battle Tower to me.
Thread posts: 347
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.