[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wait, are Type: Null and Cosmog always gonna be available in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: cosmog.png (295KB, 975x500px) Image search: [Google]
cosmog.png
295KB, 975x500px
Wait, are Type: Null and Cosmog always gonna be available in future games? If they're not and you evolved them in SM you're screwed, since they can't breed. You'd have to have Type: Null, Silvally, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo and Lunala and then transfer each one of them in every future game until they're available again, or else you won't be able to complete the dex. I don't get it, did Gamefreak even think this one through at all?
>>
>>30215515
There's a third Type: Null that Gladion still had. It'll be that Type: Null that gets passed on to future protags.

Cosmog is an Ultra Beast, or partly one. There exist many of them.
>>
Lmao you don't actually fucking get Cosmog dumb ass
>>
>>30215515
They can be available in picture books like the ones in D/P

or events
>>
>>30215583

Yes you do.

As for OP, I that's why I'm doing two playthroughs.

>Already have Solgaeo
>Cosmog from first playthrough will forever be in its second stage. once I get it and train it.
>Solgaleo from second playthough is traded for friends Lunala.
>Cosmog from second is kept as Cosmog
>Type:Null from playthrough one is a trained Sivally.
>Type:Null from the second will stay a Type:Null.
>>
>>30215583
...Yes you do? In the alternate universe?
>>
>Implying Cosmog/ Type: Null WON'T be available in future games
>>
>>30215515
There is no reason Cosmog and the other UBs can't be obtainable in the future, since there is almost certainly more than one of each of them. There are at least 2 Cosmog in canon, along with countless Nihilego.

As for Null, there's always #3 that's still frozen, but that one will probably be obtained by the sequel protag. Even so, we got a second Mewtwo, which means artificial Pokemon can be replicated.
>>
>>30215515
>Aether has branches in other regions and obtained data on Type:Null
>other villain team copied Aether's data on Type:Null

Pick your poison.
>>
The fact that Mewtwo showed up in a random fucking cave in Kalos for no reason should answer your question.
>>
Well starting with this generation there is no National Dex anymore. Pokemon Bank (which will surely be available on the Switch, as well) will be used for that, so it's not necessary to make every Pokemon available again (and they won't). Prepare for around 300-400 Pokemon every region with the National Dex being limited to Pokemon Bank (which is free to access, unless you want to transfer Pokemon)
>>
>>30215515
Null will just become a mystery gift-only mon after they give away the 3rd one in Stars.
>>
>>30216051
I'm sure hey can come up with all kind of reasons why there could be other Cosmog and Null in the future. After ORAS and its interdimensional portals it's clear that lore is not a factor. What I'm saying is, even if a single future games skips on having Cosmog and Null for whatever reason, that makes it much harder to complete the dex in that specific game

DP and BW lacked a lot a legendaries, but through transfer you could technically get them all. With Cosmog and Null it's easy to screw yourself if you evolve them, which I assume a lot of players already did. And why wouldn't they? They want to complete the dex in SM too

Just seems like a decision that lacks any foresight
>>
Mystery Gift

Cosmog isn't special, there are a lot of them like the other UBs

Type:Null can be retconned later on and allow them for cloning or some shit
>>
>>30215583
Are you playing the same game were are?
>>
>>30216238
>Pokemon Bank (which is free to access

lmao
They will never do this.
>>
You fags thought it would be cool to have a legendary that evolves, and it's what you got.
>>
>>30215515
There is no National Dex in Alola, so it seems like future games will be the same as well. There's no reason for you to have them if that's the case.
>>
>>30216627
I mean I guess. Seems like a half-assed solution but at least it makes dex completition always possible. "Gotta catch 'em all, and by all we mean 300-400 pokemon we randomly picked among the roster"

Meh
>>
Can't you just store all the pokemon you have and restart?
>>
>>30216700
That's significantly better than having to catch a laughable amount of mons that increases with every generation.
>>
>>30215515
>Gladion gives you the other Type Null
>Exil team x steals the notes on how to make more
Not hard
>>
>>30216831
Except you don't have to. But you at least had the option to if you wanted.
>>
File: dumbowls.jpg (36KB, 618x363px) Image search: [Google]
dumbowls.jpg
36KB, 618x363px
>>30215515
Wait, are Lugia and Ho-oh ever gonna be available in future games? Fire Red and Leaf Green re-introduced Mewtwo after Ruby and Sapphire but you still can't transfer anything from Gold and Silver to any of the 3rd series of games. I don't get it, did Gamefreak even think this one through at all?
>>
File: 1473202499910.jpg (99KB, 800x888px) Image search: [Google]
1473202499910.jpg
99KB, 800x888px
>>30215583
>/vp/
>playing the game
>>
>>30215515
>did Gamefreak even think something through at all?
Nope.
>>
>>30216831
Ban this nigger
>>
>>30216909

They don't want the shiny charm to take 8 billion years to obtain like in BW2/XY. I'm not counting ORAS since half of /vp/ had a living dex on bank by release.
>>
>>30217119
So make it the reward for completing the regional dex and still keep the national.

Not hard calle.
>>
>>30216550
Nope. Actually, no one thought this, nor did we see it coming. GF pulled a fast one there.
>>
>>30216947
>Navel Rock
>HG/SS
No anon, they apparently didn't. Kys.
>>
>>30216538
What are you talking about?
>>
>>30216238
GEN 8 regional dex will probably be the same size as Alola or even a bit smaller (Alola has 294 + 8 UBs)

The reason that kalos dex was so biig is because of pokebank,the lesser pokemon are abaible,more money they'll gain with pokebank and new pokemon will actually shine an not being overshadowed,so im fine with it.
>>
Cosmog will be available via Hoopa Portals or something similar, Cosmoem evolves based on Day/Night.
Null will be a Giftmon from an Aether Employee in postgame who wants to see if someone outside of Alola can raise this Null as well as "The one that Kanto kid could for the other one."
>>
>>30217818
too add, Colosseum and XD as well
>>
>>30218177
>XD

Fuck off, retard.
>>
>>30218213
>Not knowing

Maybe you should start paying attention.
>>
>>30215515
>You'd have to have Type: Null, Silvally, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo and Lunala

I already do, and without cheating.
People are so easily willing to trade their Sylvally and Cosmog away since for the first one they already got the entry while for the second one they're just too lazy to train it.
>>
>>30218660
So wait where do you find Gladion in post-game? I want my Type Null.
>>
>>30218915
Aether Foundation.
>>
>>30215515

You just have to beat the game twice and not evolve them.
>>
>>30216150
This. Also,
>What is Hoopa rings
>>
>>30216150
Mewtwo is the genwunner legendary

GF feels that it has to continue to pander to his fans because of it

The others don't get that treatment
>>
File: smug.gif (2MB, 245x250px) Image search: [Google]
smug.gif
2MB, 245x250px
>>30215515
>both of them have 2 total stages in the line
>you buy both versions, you get both mons for your living dex in bank
poorfags need not apply
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.