[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apologize to Gen VI's story, cast, writing, etc etc. I am

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 12

File: Friends%20group[1].jpg (2MB, 3375x2754px) Image search: [Google]
Friends%20group[1].jpg
2MB, 3375x2754px
Apologize to Gen VI's story, cast, writing, etc etc. I am seeing too much hate for it in hindsight and it needs to stop.

They had to put more of the budget to 3D graphics and presentation thus leaving the plot a lesser priority VS Gen VII and its reused asset palooza. And it wasn't even THAT bad.

APOLOGIZE.
>>
>>30214367
Fuck you faggot. Gen 6 is trash and everything about it is trash. It's the one gen that should be completely buried and forgotten about and never spoken about ever again. Shit story, shit ideas, shit characters.
>>
>>30214367
No. Fuck you and fuck everything about gen 6.
>>
>>30214367
SM is 200% better than gen 6 desu
>>
>>30214367
>he likes gen 6
Joe, is that you?
>>
the anime was good
>>
>>30214367
Gen 6 needs to be forgotton asap.
>>
>>30214463
this is the one thing I can agree with you on, Jimmy
>>
>>30214367
Look, Gen 6 tried to do good things, and lots of those good things did indeed happen. But the plot is pretty overdone, and the characters are just uninteresting. They don't do much at all, ESPECIALLY those 3.

For whatever reason, I just simply can't remember all of the characters from gen 6. I just can't. I have no problem remembering characters from any other generation, but gen 6 just makes my mind go blank. I don't know why.

Does anyone else feel the same?
>>
>>30214521
Le "dude XY WHO? LMAO XD" has been a fond /vp/ meme for years now, yes.
>>
>hated SM
>remember that XY was a thing

It's literally impossible to make a game worse than XY
>>
>>30214521
It's called growing old, Anon.
Try to remember as many pokemon from Gen 1 as you can, then do the same with Gen 2, then Gen 3 etc. Let's see how many pokemon you can even remember by image in the end, let alone name.
>>
>>30214691
I can remember them all except Gen V. My mind goes blank with most of Univamons for some reason.
>>
SM is trash, it's got an unnacceptably long list of unobtainable Pokemon to shill their stupid fucking bank feature
>>
File: 1469826241534.jpg (85KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1469826241534.jpg
85KB, 600x600px
>>30214792
>>
To be fair, it was Pokemon's leap to the 3DS. It has always had problems when it's made a transition: same happened with RS and DP. The third versions remedied them but they decided to move on this time around. For what it's worth, it built the stage for another gen.
>>
APOLOGIZE.
>>
>>30214367
Who the fuck are those people? Were they even in XY?
>>
>>30214367
just seeing tierno makes me angry
>>
>>30214367
Posting this picture only reminds me how terrible the cast was. And you're trying to get me to apologize?
>>
>>30214367
The game was fun. I'm going to go ahead and admit that since no one else wants to. Just being 3D made it nicer to look at.
The plot and characters were beyond stupid. I liked Serena, but that was it. Anyone who says otherwise is an retard.
The gameplay wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible either. I hated somethings like the Roller Skates, I liked somethings as customization. The battles were easy, but the Pokemon had great designs.

It wasn't as good as some of the other games in the series, but it wasn't bad. So no, I'm not going to apologize to the Generation VI's story, cast or writing. They were shit. But I will admit the games were fun.
>>
>>30214367
i just need to see that faggot with m-muh dance pokemons and already become angry
>>
>>30214367
>new gen comes out
>people immediately start to jump on the idea that the previous gen was much better
every single fucking time
>>
>>30214367
Why would I apologize for something that had no effort into it?
In hindsight, it's even worse.
It's sandwiched between two generations that did story much, much better than their cookie cutter shit.
>>
>>30217087
>>30217695
Jesus, he doesn't even like Shauna like Hau likes Lillie, why are you so triggered?
>>
>>30217734
>Fat and shit design
>Weak as shit
>Shit personality- no wait, he didn't have have personality, my bad

He's shit? I love Lillie and ship her with Sun, but I don't even dislike Hau. He's not shit.
>>
>>30217670
Is this the most autistic post made on /vp/ today?
>>
File: yuck.png (56KB, 366x418px) Image search: [Google]
yuck.png
56KB, 366x418px
No. Gen 7 made them looks like an even bigger piece of crap. God they were so damn bad...and add serena since she sucks too. Hau admits he hates losing but at least a good sport about it unlike the whiny puppy.
>>
>>30214367
>Apologize to Gen VI's story, cast, writing

Everyone in Gen 7 was more likeable than Gen 6. Even Lillie the spotlight hogging monster was better than the quartet of fuckwits that plagued you throughout Kalos.

And fucking Lysandre? The man who could walk into a cafe and shout FUCK THE POORS before kicking a cane out from under an old man and still have Sycamore and friends riding his dick until Shock! it turns out the man openly stating he wants to commit genocide actually wants to commit genocide!
>>
>>30214521
>can remember most of gen 5 characters including athena and concordia.

>still can't fucking remember the 2 guy friends and the flare chicks and scientist or dexio and sina before they were thrown into sun and moon
>>
>>30217734
>You can only hate a character if you're a jealous waifufag being cuckholded

Tierno exemplifies EVERYTHING wrong with Gen 6. He's an obnoxiously easy rival because of his stupid dance gimmick, he's also boring as fuck because of his stupid dance gimmick. His Roserade knows literally, and I mean literally, one move.

He's the walking, talking definition of completely pointless.
>>
File: 1478385060953.jpg (295KB, 700x800px) Image search: [Google]
1478385060953.jpg
295KB, 700x800px
>>30217734
>Implying anyone cares about Shauna
I fucking ship Shauna with him. They're both SHIT. Serena was the best girl.
>>
>>30217939
>The man who could walk into a cafe and shout FUCK THE POORS before kicking a cane out from under an old man and still have Sycamore and friends riding his dick until Shock! it turns out the man openly stating he wants to commit genocide actually wants to commit genocide!

Seriously what was with this part. When lusamine started going loco people took that shit seriously instantly. Flare was such a mess...
>>
>>30214521
I don't even remember how you get your starter.
>>
>>30217939
>And fucking Lysandre? The man who could walk into a cafe and shout FUCK THE POORS before kicking a cane out from under an old man
Oh you, Lysandre. You're such a joker. Haha.
>>
>>30218100
Only if you played as her, because the main rival in Gen 6 was a whinier cunt than Silver.

You also had no reason not to play as her because the male customization options were shit.
>>
>>30217937
Hau only ever seems to battle the player for fun, so far (Just got Buginium Z) but seems to be able to fight seriously when he can't afford to lose even if he doesn't like it (mentions it at the Aether House). He's a bit of a goofy kid but he's way more human than walking inferiority complex Serena, I agree. I'm actually happy to see Hau when he shows up.
>>
File: 1475256689037.jpg (93KB, 313x382px) Image search: [Google]
1475256689037.jpg
93KB, 313x382px
>>30218149
>Calling Serena bad
>Even worse, calling Silver bad
Don't be stupid, anon.
>>
XY was fun
SM isn't

I don't have to apologize because I wasn't a retard bashing a great game.
>>
>>30218208
Regardless of how hard Serena makes you, she and Calem were terrible rivals. Actually, they were terrible friends too.

The one thing I noticed was that whenever you and your group of fucknuggets met up, Serena was ALWAYS absent. They never fucking cared except for
>hey let's battle so I can look pathetic
and
>oh no, Lysandre's the bad guy! Let me double battle with you using my useless Meowstic
>>
File: IMG_2747.jpg (233KB, 700x598px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2747.jpg
233KB, 700x598px
Shauna is cute
Mawile is finally usable
Everything else is garbage
>>
>>30218257
Basically this. Female Meowstic was wasted on Serena.
>>
>>30218208
>Even worse, calling Silver bad

Please, that whiny puddle of piss would constantly carry on about how weak I was before I'd whip the shit out of him. He's not an interesting character, he's a stupid piece of shit who keeps carrying on about how you're a weak trainer after losing again and again.

He's Wimp Lo. "My pokemon fainted first, making me the victor"
>>
>>30218257
>The one thing I noticed was that whenever you and your group of fucknuggets met up, Serena was ALWAYS absent.

Wait what? that's hilarious....and sad. Poor girl was a 3rd wheel
>>
>>30214367
Who do I even remember from that game? There was the professor, your rival, Tierno (hey, he actually nearly beat me I guess?), those other two dumb useless idiots that did nothing of note, Lysandre, Xerosic (postgame Looker plot), those two assistants for the professor if only because they got into SM, Olivia, Korrina, Wulfric, Drasna, Malva (because of the being a Team Flare supporter thing), the steel type E4 member who was wearing knight armor, that one unexplained ghost girl in that one building in Lumioise, the orphan from the postgame Looker sidequest, Looker, AZ + his Floette, and Diantha.

Huh, more than I thought I would. Your plot sucked ass though and about the only time I even could pretend to feign interest was whenever AZ was involved I unironically teared up at the end of the game a bit, sorry for having such bad taste.

I apologize if only because SM managed to be an even bigger clusterfuck in every conceivable way and I'm still wondering how GF could fuck up this badly.

"Trials were a mistake" would be the tip of the iceberg of complaints regarding how the newest games are the cancer killing the series, but I guess we'll start there.
>>
If I could, I would kill everyone in Kalos except for MC Calem, Rival Serena, Sycamore, Emma, looker, Sina and Dexio. It would pain me, I would cry, but the world would be so much better.
>>
File: 1477192337371.png (50KB, 520x520px) Image search: [Google]
1477192337371.png
50KB, 520x520px
>>30218520
>Tierno (hey, he actually nearly beat me I guess?)
>>
>>30218541
>it would pain me, I would cry, but the world would be so much better
t. Lysandre
>>
>>30218541
Lysandre pls
>>
>>30218586
Turns out letting him set up with Swords Dance was not the best idea.
>>
>>30218520
>almost lost to tierno
>hates SM
Leave underage.
>>
>>30218703
Name something SM did better than XY.

Now remember that XY is already a mess.
>>
>>30214367
Apologize for what? The three characters in your post literally make me not want to play the game. Just looking at them makes me mad (well, except for shauna, who I would hatefuck).
>>
File: Wolf 6.png (418KB, 686x599px) Image search: [Google]
Wolf 6.png
418KB, 686x599px
>those 4 idiots are considered heroes of kalos when the MC did all of the work
>Clemont gets no credit for his own fucking invention saving the day
>Diantha is somehow absent during this whole mess doing who knows what
>>
>>30218257
That's the thing though. Serena wasn't a shit character.
She didn't have a shit personality, didn't waste your time as much as other "friends" did and wasn't shit in battles. She was a serious character who wanted to be the very best, but realizes she can't beat you and slowly develops an inferiority complex, but comes to respect to nonetheless.
Double battles were annoying, but they are in every game. It's not something exclusive to Serena.
She didn't have an amazing character arc like Lillie, but she was a much better than other characters in the game. That's all I'm saying.

Also, same applies to Calem, but to a lesser extent. Developing an inferiority complex to a girl is not cool. And he doesn't please my dick as much.
>>
>>30218777
The region looks better, the controls are better, movement is no longer grid based, Poke Ride is awesome, the trails are fun, Totem battles are cool, the game is much harder, every single character is amazing both design-wise and personality-wise, the story isn't shit, Team Skull is awesome, Aether Foundation is cool, Lusamine is a good boss, Battle Tree is cool.
I can do this all day long.
>>
>>30218864
Eh, I can't disagree with you, since what you say is true, but she still felt underwhelming for some reason.
Maybe it was just because she was surrounded by too much shit.
>>
File: 1479726807143.jpg (3KB, 125x124px) Image search: [Google]
1479726807143.jpg
3KB, 125x124px
>>30218864
>And he doesn't please my dick as much
>As much
>Implying he still pleases your dick to some extant
>>
But gen 6 is complete trash
Both 5 and now 7 completely shit on it in every way. Hell, even the remakes of gen 6 are trash.
>>
>>30219292
.even the remakes of gen 6 are trash.

Hey now oras gave us dexnav, legends, and soaring...plus we now know why looker randomly appeared on the battle resort with no memory
>>
>>30214367
They forced that "friendship" way too hard. And I absolutely despise Shauna's design and always have.
>>
>>30217939
Agree, including the thing about Lillie. I liked her but fuck aren't I supposed to be the protagonist of a game I spent money on?
>>
>>30219413
You are the protagonist, you just share the spotlight with Lillie.

I personally don't think it's a problem, you're a mute kid. It's not like you're very interesting to begin with.
>>
>>30219473
So like...how did those 2 know how to randomly play their flutes perfectly?
>>
>>30219473
>I personally don't think it's a problem, you're a mute kid. It's not like you're very interesting to begin with.

I mean, you don't NEED to be a mute kid. Fire Emblem does the avatar protagonist thing too, except there they actually have dialogue and a personality and direct interaction with the characters and surroundings around them.
>>
>>30219528
>implying robin/corrin aren't complete trash
>>
>>30219528
Robin and Corrin fucking suck. I'll take the mute protag over those pieces of trash any day of the fucking week.
>>
>>30219528
I hope now that there's more capability, they start letting you do more with your protagonist. Even the little dialogue options we had felt like something more.

I keep hoping one day for a sequence where the bad team of the game actually manages to steal all your pokemon and you have to play a section of the game with random other pokemon to save them. Just little things to immerse you more in the story.
>>
>>30219590
>>30219600
Whether or not their attempts were actually GOOD is a completely different story, I'm just telling you what other franchises do. GF has proven with SM they can write characters.
>>
File: 1479761935699.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1479761935699.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>30219528
>A talking protagonist
>>
>>30219590
>robin

Hey now robin is the man with the plan who could do no wrong.

Nohr corrin and Azura were such fucking idiots.
>magical crystal ball of plot relevance
>doesn't use said plot ball in front of all royals to save themselves a very large headache.
>>
File: 1477204665278.png (462KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1477204665278.png
462KB, 852x480px
>>30219528
>He wants the protagonist to talk
>>
>>30219620
No thanks. I'll stick to the mute.
>>
>>30219590
>>30219600
>>30219622
>>30219678
>those other guys fucked up so that means we should never ever try it and stick to the past
>when Gen VII in and of itself was the gen of patterns and standardized series conventions being BTFO
>>
>>30214367
>They had to put more of the budget to 3D graphics and presentation thus leaving the plot a lesser priority
You have no fucking clue how game development works, do you?
>>
>>30214792
I agree that S/M are trash, but that doesn't mean X/Y are any better.
>>
>>30219706
All right fine. But I don't think it would work well. I'd rather play a game where you're still silent but you have more input choices on certain things, like how you could tell Lillie what you thought about her shitty clothes.
>>
>>30219706
I said nothing about Fire Emblem in my post though. You're being retarded.
>>
>>30214367
you're not doing yourself any favors posting these three piles of crap

hope they're dead and buried
>>
>>30219706
Fuck off. I said nothing about Fire Emblem. I don't want a retarded, talking protagonist. I'm thank GF everyday for not letting Red talk.
>>
>>30219616
>I keep hoping one day for a sequence where the bad team of the game actually manages to steal all your pokemon and you have to play a section of the game with random other pokemon to save them
Screw that shit. If my team of fully trained Pokemon is weaker than some random Pokemon that I'll use to take my Pokemon back, then what's the fucking point.
>>
Gen 6 was great for groups that banned the completely broken shit like Smogon, but X/Y was completely garbage in almost every way.
>>
What bothers me about X/Y is that they're the only games that force you to catch a legendary without providing a suitable explanation as to why you actually NEED to.
>You need to catch Reshiram/Zekrom because you're the hero it chose and you need to have an epic legendary dragon showdown with N
>You need to catch Delta Episode Rayquaza to fly into space to stop the meteor
>You need to catch Solgaleo/Lunala because Nebby's been through enough shit and you'd be a heartless bastard to leave it alone
But Xerneas/Yveltal is just a battery for the magic nuke. Wouldn't knocking it out stop it just fine? And to make it worse, having the legendary completely trivializes the following Lysandre fight, especially if you have Xerneas.
>>
>>30214367
I do think people tear into gen VI too much because the move to 3D probably devoured budget that would have made aspects of it less bad, but bad is still bad. It has a legit excuse, but that doesn't make it any better.
>>
>>30219046
DELETE THIS RIGHT NOW
>>
File: XY Plot Nonsense.jpg (431KB, 650x865px) Image search: [Google]
XY Plot Nonsense.jpg
431KB, 650x865px
No.
>>
>>30220891
That's the thing that bugs me about Lysandre. When you have a guy dressed in red and black who constantly talks about his vision for a beautiful world, is there any surprise that he'd turn out evil? At least they tried to make Ghetsis and Lusamine seem well-intentioned at first.
>>
>>30221130
>Ghetsis
Fuck no, Ghetsis was obvious as fuck. I like how he was handled but it was fucking obvious he was an evil dude from the beginning.

Lusamine I guess up until she makes that evil face of hers.
>>
>>30221130
Lusamine was creepy from nearly the moment you met her and her outfit looks pretty evil. It was also clear that Aether Foundation was sketchy. So much sterile white tends to give off that impression.
>>
>>30219707
Do you, anon?
>>
>>30221239
castle oblivion of the pokemon world. Only thing missing were the black cloaks...but the science employee fit that bill
>>
>>30218392
Missing the point. He was obsessed with strength because daddy issues. If he lost, he would always blame it on his Pokemon. But after getting btfo by Lance and continually losing to a "soft" trainer like you, he begins to realize the problem is with his way of thinking.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.