[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So now that the dust has settled. Which of these more story heavy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

File: 2016-11-25_13-31-05.png (1MB, 490x1003px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-25_13-31-05.png
1MB, 490x1003px
So now that the dust has settled. Which of these more story heavy Pokemon main series games had the best story?
>>
>>30214149
Sun and Moon or BW.
>>
Maybe I'm a faggot, but I don't see how BW2 was story heavy.
>>
>>30214149
SM easily, Zinnia ruined ORAS, XY was shit outside the wasted potential of AZ, B2W2 are way inferior to BW, and BW's overall plot was obnoxiously retarded, even if the ending was emotional.
>>
>>30214176
/thread
>>
>>30214149
BW closely followed by SM

Power gap to ORAS (still enjoyable but dumb) and then jump down the Grand Canyon and there is X and Y
>>
>>30214199
How is B/W's plot retarded?
>>
>>30214228
N
>>
>>30214149
BW and SM stories are the best
XY is shit
>>
>>30214149
My favourite story in Pokemon is still Platinum.

Out of those, BW2, as it showed two extremes of a fractured Team butting heads, and I liked it.
>>
>>30214149
is Lillie the N of SM??
>>
File: image.png (77KB, 600x598px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
77KB, 600x598px
>>30214251
I liked N, someone so different from the rest of the series was cool. He was deigned like another protagonist and believed he was

Him and Bianca probably have the most growth in Pokemon

Even if he was an autistic spaz at first, he had characterization

having a faster speech text was a GOAT addition
>>
>>30214149
It's a contest between SM and BW. XY doesn't even register. It's even worse than RBY in the story department.
>>
>>30214149
Gen 5
>>
>>30214149
SM = BW > BW2 > ORAS > Shit > XY
>>
Uh x/y and oras were not story heavy
>>
PLATINUM
>>
>>30215496
yes
>>
>>30214364
>It's even worse than RBY in the story department
You know it's literally impossible to have a story worse than no story right?
>>
>>30214149
It just struck me I didn't remember anything of X/Y's story, so not that.
>>
>>30214149
BW1 = SM > BW2 > shit > ORAS >>>>> XY

Emerald managed to make gen 3's plot more likable. Too bad that ORAS had to fuck it up by reusing the same shit that RS did.
>b-b-b-but muh team magma/aqua have personality now
>>
>>30215452
/thread
>>
>>30214149
Platinum
>>
>>30215549
With no story, you craft your own shit autistic story.
With shit story, you're forced to watch someone's else shit autistic story and deal with cutscenes on top of that.
>>
>>30214211
the only correct answer.
>>
>>30215574
>Emerald managed to make gen 3's plot more likable.
Eh, not really. The teams were still retarded as fuck with motives no one could comprehend.
ORAS at least managed to salvage Maxie.
>>
XY is not as story driven as Platinum, there's a huge gap between the two. XY is closer to original RS in storytelling.
>>
>>30215621
You do realise that we're judging it based on story quality right?
RBY can't be in the running at all due to its lack of it.
>>
>>30214251
r
>>
>>30215618
Plat was shit and nothing more than a half-assed rehash of Emerald.
>>
>>30215724
RBY built the world though, fossils, books and journals about MewTwo, etc.
>>
>>30215452
No need to keep going. You can't dispute this fact.
>>
>>30215669
More likeable doesn't mean it had to be liked. Stupy hoomin.
>>
Sorry Archie and Maxie
You had cool designs
But your motive was shit
>>
>>30214149
BW at the top with SM following very VERY closely behind.

Then we've got this gap.

Now comes BW2, with another not quite as big but still pretty big gap followed by ORAS.

And at the bottom we've got XY.
>>
>>30215574
>>30215724
RBY had a story, kiddo.
>>
Oras because of delta episode
>>
>>30215767
Lore isn't the same thing as story anon. And if you're taking that route it still comes out as the lowest.
>>
Sun/moon plot was perfect. Characters were well-designed, a lot of hidden stories about pokemon or characters, everyone is cool n fun n colorful personality and shit.

Also I fell in love with lillie.
>>
>>30215906
No it didn't.
If you think that the same thing each and every game has qualifies as a story you might just be the dumbest person on this board.
And even by RPG standards at the time it was practically nonexistent.
>>
>>30215549
a very slight story with background lore>>>attempting and failing to make a substantial story. It's like Eusine vs Zinnia
>>
>>30216010
Next time, start out with the last part so I dont have to read the rest of your comment
>>
>>30215490
They weren't, but the tried to pass themselves off as story heavy. XY had that whole war exposition dump, and ORAS had Primal exposition dumps as well as Zinnia.
>>
>>30214149
X and Y had hardly any story.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.