[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: things that disappointed you in SM >the entire game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 33

File: image.jpg (300KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
300KB, 1200x630px
ITT: things that disappointed you in SM

>the entire game is 80% about Lillie and 20% about the irrelevant (You)
>the player character just creepily smiles and stares at nothing during almost every cutscene
>can't directly fight the Nihilego-Lusamine fusion
>Type: Null/Silvally are completely irrelevant to the story
>Triples and Rotation Battles removed. Battle Royal is a terrible replacement
>most new pokémon have <5% encounter rates
>only 18 Alolan forms
>Mega Stones are very expensive items that you can only get in the Battle Tree. Only half of them are available
>Apricorn Balls are available but you can only get one of them
>Festival Plaza is an expensive clusterfuck and lacks everything that made the Join Avenue fun
>PokéFinder is boring
>no special PC wallpapers, something that had been in every game since Emerald
>version exclusive trainer battles/rematches (Mallow, Kiawe, Sina, Dexio, etc) and clothes
>every regular trainer class has the same encounter music
>several potentially interesting areas are not accessible by any means
>>
>>30214065
Why do you care that a self insert with zero personality is getting less attention than an actual character? Do you need to feel important?
>>
The way they threw Megas under the bus after one gen is hilarious
>>
>>30214065
Don't worry anon, Stars will fix everything :^)
>>
>>30214065
literally everything
not even going to go into all the things removed or gutted from gen 6, but

>Three hour tutorial
>This fucker showing me how to catch pokemon that for some reason is unskippable now when I could skip it in earlier gens
>Only 7 trials
>only place that's possible to get lost in is Haina Desert
>"""Victory Road"""" with no trainers
>Actually less post game stuff than XY since Battle Tree doesn't have triples or rotations
>poorly animated Z-moves, especially All-Out Pummeling
>Close to every non-legendary is a shitmon
>1 of each apricorn ball when all they needed to do was open up some postgame shop with them. Let me buy them with BP. I don't care. What the fuck is GF's problem with half-assing everything?
>VERSION EXCLUSIVE CLOTHING
>Somehow fewer customization options than in XY
>All the little things removed like being able to customize the battle screen

whoever directed this abortion needs to be chemically castrated
>>
>>30214179
Nitpicker
>>
>>30214179
you forgot

>can't access the menu with the touch screen
>>
>>30214140
On the contrary. It's just jarring to have the entire game focusing on an NPC and her character development, while all you do is help her during the story, and then having everyone suck your invisible cartoon dick and saying just how amazing and incredible you are once you reach the end of the game.
>>
>>30214179
You could never skip the catching tutorial, what are you talking about?
>>
>>30214179
>three hour tutorial
What game are you playing
>>
>>30214277
You're a trial goer who's actually good at it and then becomes the champion. Are they not supposed to acknowledge that you stomped the region?
>>
>>30214285
You could skip it in Johto.
>>
>>30214324
In GSC or HGSS? I think Lyra forces you to see it in HGSS but I don't remember clearly enough. I don't think you could skip it in any other gen though so that's not a valid complaint.
>>
>one of each apricorn ball in the entire game
What the FUCK.

I got excited when I first started finding them because I thought they brought them back and I'd find a shop that would sell them.

What the fuck are you thinking Ohmori,
>>
File: 1466041684792.jpg (77KB, 961x900px) Image search: [Google]
1466041684792.jpg
77KB, 961x900px
>>30214452
Be sure to buy Pokemon Stars at launch!
>>
Aside from all the ones everyone else mentions. The loading screens and general additional latency to do anything in this game are ridiculous

>Talk to character on the overworld to battle them
>Press A
>Black screen
>Small cutscene of them talking
>Black screen
>Back to overworld
>"So would you like to battle me?"
>Yes
>Black screen
>Battle

Holy shit why.

>Have to press A to open a gate
>Black loading screen
>Now you can walk in the grass
>Have to do the same in reverse

Or even worse:

>Go and talk to person blocking the road/path
>Screen goes black
>Places you a few steps away from the middle of the person instead of whichever angle you approached from

WHY FUCKING WHY

>Have to press A to open a door to go in a building
>Normally you could just walk in

There is literally no reason for this. Fuck this game
>>
>>30214261
that was something removed from Gen 6, if i included all the missing shit i'd need at least 3 posts
>>
>>30214065
>the entire game is 80% about Lillie and 20% about the irrelevant (You)
Meh I found it fine, she showed actual development unlike previous characters in the series, your character is always just a blank slate with no personality.
>the player character just creepily smiles and stares at nothing during almost every cutscene
Agreed, this was creepy as shit
>can't directly fight the Nihilego-Lusamine fusion
Not surprised, but would've been cool
>Type: Null/Silvally are completely irrelevant to the story
Was it ever implied to be important?
>Triples and Rotation Battles removed. Battle Royal is a terrible replacement
Agreed, fuck Royal, I didn't like the other two either but removing them was retarded
>most new pokémon have <5% encounter rates
Most is an exaggeration, though some like marenie are annoying as shit so agreed
>only 18 Alolan forms
Agreed, would've liked some non kanto ones
>Mega Stones are very expensive items that you can only get in the Battle Tree. Only half of them are available
Agreed, fucking retarded
>Apricorn Balls are available but you can only get one of them
Agreed, fucking stupid
>Festival Plaza is an expensive clusterfuck and lacks everything that made the Join Avenue fun
Agreed
>PokéFinder is boring
Agreed
>no special PC wallpapers, something that had been in every game since Emerald
Who cares?
>version exclusive trainer battles/rematches (Mallow, Kiawe, Sina, Dexio, etc) and clothes
Agreed
??? Was this ever not the case?
>several potentially interesting areas are not accessible by any means
Like?

I liked SM but I agree with most of these complaints, I'd also add
>No way to grind to 100, even though Hyper Training requires 100
>SOS battles are tedious bullshit
>EV items are locked behind BP, which requires doing Royal if you want them before the E4, which is horseshit
>The FUCKING FRAMERATE
>>
>>30214179
>>"""Victory Road"""" with no trainers
What is Johto
>>
>>30214669
>this shitty thing was done before, therefore it's ok

???????????
>>
>>30214630
>Was it ever implied to be important?

Somewhat, it says it was designed for special missions and that it's identity is a mystery.

>Who cares?
Me, and I'm not the person you replied to.

>>30214630
>Was this ever not the case?

All trainer classes had unique music when they said their intro lines before you battled them. It's been going since Gen II, maybe before. I don't know how you didn't notice it all this time.

>>30214630
>Like?

Golf course
Golden tower
Turkish pools area
Most of the volcano to name but a few.

Honestly I think a lot of this is to allow room for the sequel to expand the region because shoehorning a new set of islands would be difficult to work in the story, but it's still no excuse for a finished product.
>>
>>30214630
>>every regular trainer class has the same encounter music
>??? Was this ever not the case?
No, in other games most trainer classes had their own encounter music like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87ROZP4oiRY
>>several potentially interesting areas are not accessible by any means
>Like?
There's part of Brooklet Hill, almost the entire volcano in Akala and the power station in Ula'ula, but I think the worst offender is the golf course.

>>EV items are locked behind BP, which requires doing Royal if you want them before the E4, which is horseshit
EV items have been exclusive to battle facilities literally in every game except BW2 though.
>>
>>30214576
ignore this poster
crying over something so minor has never sounded so retarded
>>
>>30214702
At least here it makes sense. The League was literally built just before you arrived, how could there possibly be a victory road already?
>>
File: ds3.png (159KB, 289x289px) Image search: [Google]
ds3.png
159KB, 289x289px
>>30214843
>posts the best encounter theme
My nigga
>>
>>30214065
I have no idea how to use the comb on Snorlax's face
>>
>>30214851

How is it minor? We've had 20 years of games where overworld interaction was seamless. If you think it's so minor then give a good explanation as to why it makes the game better. Please do inform us as to how it's improved the game and how we've benefited from this obvious step backwards.
>>
>>30214885
i know you're right and you make sense but honestly your post looks just like one of those things abused girls say to justify their husbands behaviour

>it's not him it's me
>you don't see it but it makes more sense this way
>purisu undastand
>>
>>30214834
>>30214843
For some reason I thought you meant battle theme, so okay Ill give you that one since I was wrong.

>EV items have been exclusive to battle facilities literally in every game except BW2 though
When you remove the macho brace for no reason it makes it a problem
>>
>>30214179
Great Poni Canyon is the real Victory Road
>>
>>30214261
oh god no! I have to click the button instead of the screen!
>>
>>30214975
>so okay Ill give you that one

There's no need for that tone, most of the stuff you've disagreed with is because you've been flat wrong. You're not the gatekeeper of Pokemon complaints.
>>
>too much Lillie
>no ginger hair
>>
>>30214989

It's basic quality of life and there's no excuse when the Rotomdex bezels take up at least 40% of the bottom screen.
>>
>>30214960
wew
>>
>>30215045
>Wrong about one thing
>Y-you're wrong about everything
Never change /vp/, and I wasn't being rude that's just you're interpretation
>>
>>30214949
>implying I said the black screen is a good thing
nigga, I literally called it "minor" meaning I saw it as an inconvenience as well, but why should you care because the battle or scene would commence in a second, hardly anything to complain about
>>
>>30214576
Latency? Haven't had it happen yet

Press A to open a gate...wow this must add an extra quarter of a second to your play time

wow you are a spaz
>>
>>30215122

Wrong about Type:Null and inaccessible areas too.
>>
>>30214933
wow....

Hold your brush at the top of the touch screen and his face comes down

Was that a difficulty for people?
>>
>>30215166
Those were legitimate questions though, I wasn't paying attention during leaks and I didn't know of any areas
>>
>>30215140

>quarter of a second

Okay, please explain why it's beneficial to the gameplay.
>>
>>30215087
you must be kidding me

Quality of life? Maybe you should play LESS Pokemon
>>
>>30215185
>I wasn't paying attention during leaks

Type:Null was announced, not leaked.
>>
>>30215187

Please explain how it is of any concern?

Maybe a player is walking by and doesn't want to go into the tunnel or path yet. Then oops went through
>>
>>30214539
Underrated comment.
>>
desu I think the "press A to do something" was to prevent entering buildings or sitting by accident, like it sometimes happened in other games

I guess they tried to remove an inconvenience but ended up adding an even worse one
>>
>>30215201
the mental gymnastics you imbeciles go through to justify this shit is beyond human comprehension.
you can't even ask to nuke this board because you'd all escape and infect other boards within 2 minutes
>>
>>30214148
just like Z fixed XY problems, right?
>>
>>30215201

You do realize that one of the main things Ohmori has talked about is improving the 'Quality of Life', right? The reason you can now see type effectiveness and stat changes is 'Quality of Life'.

Reviewers have been blindly praising the quality of life features of the game yet there are so many glaring oversights in the design. This is why people are pointing them out.

You sound like you're just in full damage control mode.
>>
>>30214630
you agreed to his points more times than you made a counterargument.

what was the point of your post?
>>
>>30215250

Tunnels and Paths don't force you to press A, that actually makes your reasoning even more retarded.

There's literally no reason to block off patches of grass with a gate that not only requires pressing A to open, but also needs the overworld to reload when it has been open. We've had 20 years of games on far worse consoles that never required this, there's no justification for it at all.
>>
>>30215348
To affirm his points, not everyone has to disagree with everything. I also added some shit relevant to the topic.

The real question is what is the point of your post?
>>
>>30215400
i thought you made a counterargument post without counterarguments.
>>
>>30215371
ever played Fallout? what do you need to do to enter buildings?
PRESS A KEY TO GO IN
now back to Fallout again. Ever wanted to go into a cave? PRESS A KEY TO GO IN
Why is it okay if someone else does it except Pokemon?
>>
>>30215578
Did he ever say it was okay for Fallout to do that?
>>
>>30214960
Sacrificing gameplay for things to make more sense in-story is a lame thing to do in a videogame imo.
>>
I know it seems like a retarded thing to complain about butnot be able to sit in chairs. I want to immerse myself when i buy a drink
>>
>>30214576

this 1000% along with the damn lag
>>
>>30215176
he so big anon
>>
>Hau
>Main Protag has a derpy face in dramatic situations

Only two complaints I have about this game, everything else is good.
>>
File: 1388710176183.jpg (15KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
1388710176183.jpg
15KB, 316x202px
>you aren't allowed to criticize SM!
>stop nitpicking!

Why is this allowed? The OP explicitly asks for things that disappointed you so why are you in this thread if you don't like your new shiny sacred cow getting shit on?
>>
>>30214851
>why do people care about something I don't

>>30214576
The fade to black for roadblocks is the worst
>>
Lmao do you niggas ever stfu and stop complaining?
>>
>>30217820
Those are not really complaints, just disappointments. I believe most people here enjoyed the games, but there were these few things that could easily be fixed in order to make the games much better.
>>
File: 1465101161760.jpg (13KB, 221x160px) Image search: [Google]
1465101161760.jpg
13KB, 221x160px
I don't really understand why I have to go through this clusterfuck of a plaza to trade and battle with my friends when X/Y had an extremely intuitve friend system, being able to check your list and interact with them on the go
It just feels so fucking weird, the bottom screen feels extremely lackluster in general
>>
>>30215578

Who the fuck cares about Fallout? This is Pokemon, where we've been free to walk in and out of buildings without pressing A for 20 years. There's absolutely no reason to change it.
>>
ITT: Reasons why I have 20 minutes played on Pokemon Sun and 10 hours on Yokai Watch 2.
>>
>>30218226

Agreed, the PSS really felt like GameFreak got the communication functionality just right. Now we have to start digging around in menus and it just makes no sense.
>>
>>30214065
My biggest gripes are
>frame drops like crazy in any double battle or battle royal to the point its almost unplayable
>too many forced cutscenes that werent even relevent to the story
>not enough new pokemon
>no super training
>you get free items way too often

Other than that I actually like the game
>>
>>30214140
>>30214321
Even in highschool writing classes one of the first things they teach you is
>who is the most important person in your story
>is your story written from their perspective
>why not
>Do people care enough about main character over the protagonist

If you fail this your story is literally considered garbage. Its the most ameatur writing mistake to not have the most interesting/important character in the story as the main character.
>>
>>30218352
reason 1: because it's pokemon
reason 2: lolis
reason 3: because it's pokemon
reason 4: more lolis
reason 5: because it's pokemon
reason 6: genwunner pandering
reason 7: genwunner pandering
reason 8: genwunner pandering
reason 9: because it's pokemon
reason 10: there's no reason 10
reason spinal tap: chicken-chan is 11 years old!
reason 9012: alola memes are overused
reason theory of relativity: FUCKİNG! GENWUNNER! PANDERİNG!
>>
>No previous gen legendaries other than Zygarde
>The framerate
>>
>>30217820
Why are people so sensitive? People want to cry the second they see someone doesn't love the game as much as them
>>
What disappointed me the most were the Alola Forms.

When I saw A-Marowak and A-Vulpix I got hyped, expected 30+ interesting concepts and at least some Johtomons (I really wanted a Sudowoodo). But nope, not even A-Venonat, not A-Jynx, just a couple of mons that fit the region pretty well.
>>
>>30219177
Either the main character or the main antagonist.

If you can't make a single one of them good, the story is shit.
>>
File: 1479849604528.jpg (760KB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1479849604528.jpg
760KB, 1200x1500px
There weren't many things I was disappointed in SM about, but

>Your character's facial expression never changes. Even during really emotional moments.
>Alolan forms are mostly a shit
>The incredible number of Pokemon that aren't available, and won't be until January
>Mega stones and how fucking irritating they are to get
>No more hordes means the most time efficient EV grinding method is gone.
>The new EV grinding method, SOS battles, is infinitely fucking slower without Power items + Pokerus. And no Macho Brace to tie over until then

But the biggest problem imo is the removal of the PSS and Super Training. The PSS and O-Powers are probably the single greatest addition XY brought to the game, and I can't fucking believe it's not here. Super Training was beautiful because I loved being able to gift friends Level 1 fully EV trained Pokemon.
>>
>>30219708
>Pokerus
Do you need pokerus anon iv got lots to spread around
>>
>Almost all new (wanted) pokemon are less than 5% ecounters
>VERSION EXCLUSIVE CLOTHING, WHO THE FUCK THOUGH THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA. MAYBE IF YOU COULD TRADE CLOTHES BUT NO YOU FUCKING DONT
>Literally LILLIE the interactive story book
>Tutorial is one hour long
>Fishing is shit now
>Absolute shit Champion music
>Frame drops if more than 2 Pokemon are on the field.
>Boys still get the short end with customizing
>Niggas get no love with their hair customization other than generic cornrows. What is this? The early 2000s?
>Where are my PC wallpapers?!?
>SOS battles are a fucking nightmare
>Team skull was literally the only entertaining part about this story
>only a hanful of not previously revealed new pokemon
>BATTLE TREE IS SHIT
>Megastones are overpriced pieces of shit now
>NO NEW MEGAS
>Z MOVES SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN A THING
>THE TRIALS SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN A THING
>Alola forms are a HUGE let down
>TOO MANY WAIFUMONS
>Battle with Red/Blue was anticlimactic
>LITERALLY WHAT WAS THE POINT OF TRIALS, WHAT'S WRONG WITH GYMS

GameFreak tried to do a lot of new things and I admire that but how it ended up makes me want to bomb their fucking HQ. Pokemon Sun/Moon was such a let down and Pokemon Stars better fix every single problem I had.
>>
>>30219815
one more thing..
>WHY THE FUCK DOESN'T OUR CHARACTER'S FACIAL EXPRESSION CHANGE? WE LOOK SO FUCKING DEAD INSIDE AND REALLY TAKES THE IMMERSION OUT OF THIS GAME.
>>
>>30214065
>>the entire game is 80% about Lillie and 20% about the irrelevant (You)

That was one of the coolest things about the game. Finally a main character with personality and development, instead of a boring and mute nobody.
>>
>>30219783
Thanks for the offer but I got it last night thanks to an injector. I'm still pissed that hordes are gone given how insanely good and easy they made EV training.
>>
>>30219708
>The incredible number of Pokemon that aren't available, and won't be until January

You do realize that they still won't actually be available in the Alola region, right? When Bank updates all you get to do is transfer your Pokemon across. If you want to catch them, you'll have to do so in X/Y, OR/AS or (R/B/Y on the VC).

The shit Pokemon distribution in Alola is permanent.
>>
The internet is telling me that Wimpod respawns but it's been a few days and nothing yet.
>>
>>30214065
I agree with a lot of these things, but I'm also really enjoying the game. I'm enjoying the dialogue/story a lot too, but I can see how some find it annoying.

>version exclusive trainer battles/rematches (Mallow, Kiawe, Sina, Dexio, etc)
This one fucks me up though. There is no real reason to have Mallow and Kiawe be version exclusive, unlike say, in RS/ORAS where the different battles go with somewhat different story lines.
>>
>>30219177
Not true, a story can revolve around a boring fuck who looks up to the most interesting character in the story and still be good.
>>
>>30219815
>Pokemon Stars

Why does anyone give these leaks credibility?
>>
>>30220099
>and still be good.
Give me a single example, even one, of a GOOD story where the main character is boring and bland while other characters are interesting
>>
>You have to hit A one more time after saying Yes for the Nurse to start healing your Pokémon at the Pokémon Center

The ultimate of nitpicks, but this one annoys me to no end.
>>
The only thing I miss is the PSS but I got used to the Festival Plaza quickly. It's a bit annoying that I uave to go through the Battle Tree to get items for breeding but I just caught some UBs so it shouldn't be too hard to get through.
>>
1. I hate how fast the UB plot was resolved. It went from "here comes dangerous and feared monsters" to a game of hide and go seek.

2. the player character's unchanging smile stuck out like a sore thumb, especially during dramatic scenes.

Other than those nitpicks I had tons of fun with Sun and Moon
>>
>>30214630
>??? Was this ever not the case?
You haven't played a single pokemon game before, have you?
>>
Does anybody else think that technical limitations of the 3DS were not the reason for Triple and Rotation battles being removed in SM?

I think it´s because both have been consistently unpopular from the beginning xD

People are already expecting them to be back in Stars. Because the Switch is more powerful and could support them without any frame rate issues. But WHO CARES if they will perform better, if nobody is gonna play them ANYWAY?
>>
>>30220740
>were not the reason for Triple
Considering how laggy just double battles are i think they probably were.

On a side note, what are the chances they could ever fix that awful frame drop and lag with just a patch. Is that even possible?
>>
>>30214630
no way to grind to 100? they got me fucked up now...
>>
File: 1479169283869.jpg (18KB, 438x438px) Image search: [Google]
1479169283869.jpg
18KB, 438x438px
>team is pretty underlevelled
>have to face Hau at the new island immediately after UB01
>lv28 Alolan Raichu against lv25 unevolved shitmons
>fug.jpg
>get party wiped by psychic
>don't drop any money or have to rebattle
>he just heals all of my pokemon and moves along
>>
>>30220165
The LEGO Movie
>>
>>30214065
Frame rate, seriously this was the big thing that bothered me.

What >>30214179 said about those special apricorn balls
>>
>>30221163
Thats actually probably the worst thing iv ever heard about in the new games. Holy shit thats awful.

I mean iv never lost a battle so i didnt know they did that but i bet lots of kids do. Not only is that teaching them losing is ok but it also makes them lose out on a lot of xp by not letting you re battle. I wonder if its just that battle or other battles too
>>
>>30221200
>The LEGO Movie
The main character actually is interesting though because hes the only character in the whole movie like that. Plus he learns to be a hero a long the way. Terrible example.
>>
File: 1400633006459.jpg (15KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
1400633006459.jpg
15KB, 500x270px
Just finished the main story, and I don't like that you battle an Ultra Beasts once.
>>
>>30220951
The only reason for Triple and Rotation to perform worse in SM than in XY/ORAS, is the trainers being visible in the background during battles. All GF had to do to keep Tr and Rot battles in SM, is to REMOVE the trainers from the background for those 2 battle styles.

The reason GF didnt do this, us because they wanted to remove both of those styles anyway...
>>
Wew lads how far into the game do you have to get exactly before the day/night cycle starts happening properly? my time is stuck on day constantly and I want to go catch some night time exclusives.
>>
>>30221426
Did you change your clock recently?
>>
>>30221426
>my time is stuck on day constantly
Go to your 3ds setting and change it to night. Then fly to a new place. It should fix it
>>
>>30214179
>"""Victory Road"""" with no trainers

The victory road is more the canyon than the mountain.
>>
>>30221552
Nope
>>30221564
>Then fly to a new place
I'm not that far into the game yet is that the only way?
>>
>>30221411
is*
>>
>>30221658
>is that the only way?
Not sure but it works for me. You get fly at the end of the 2nd island i think
>>
>you need BP to get items to make decent pokemons to get BP
>>
>>30215187
clearly they added it in for twitchplayspokemon to stop scene transitions
>>
>>30214065
Not too much. Rotom was fucking obnoxious and I think everyone will agree on that.
Beyond that, I can sum it all up to one word: rushed.
They fucking rushed it again.
Imagine if this game had seventeen trials, how much more they could do if they paced it out further instead of cutscenes every twelve seconds. They'd be able to give Gladion and Null relevance, as an example.
If you actually stop for a moment and look at the other gen-opener games, it's actually on the high end, though it's on the VERY low end in terms of mechanic introduction, Z-Moves are awful.
Oh well, maybe Gamefreak will fix this in Delta Z Star Platinum™
>>
>>30220165
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
>>
>>30221219
Because losing is ok. One can't always win every battle and one never will. It prepares better for real life than you think.
>>
>>30219456
>No previous gen legendaries
Just like literally every other first game in a generation except XY because they chose to reuse the Kanto legendaries for more genwun pandering
>>
>>30221786
>hitchhikers guide to the galaxy
>good
oh you
>lol we are so random the answer to the universe is 42 lol so random arent we random guys so random
>>
>>30221761
And before someone bitches at me that seventeen trials are unreasonable, seven is below the accepted average of eight gyms and nine would set up sequels evenly for nine/nine. They fucked it no matter how you interpret it.
>>
The amount of cutscenes will kill its replay value when I run through the game again for Moon Version.
>>
>>30221794
The point of pokemon games is to get better until you ARE the best. If losing is ok then there is no longer any reason to get better.

Its literally the participation trophy generation in action.
>>
>>30214065
>>the entire game is 80% about Lillie and 20% about the irrelevant (You)
That was great. Reminded me of pre Awakening FE games. Hope they do this even more.
>>
>>30219815
>unironically being a gymfag in 2016
kys

Hopefully we never get gyms again besides remakes, and if we do, I hope they completely change how the gym system works
>>
>>30221878
Except you can't lose your way through the trials, or the pokemon league, and losing against Hau robs you of exp and only serves to make you more under leveled for the things you do have to win.
>>
>>30221693
Hmm perhaps its a glitch connected to the prologue since I hadn't closed the game since I got it, I saved went back to the 3DS home menu then reloaded the game and it was suddenly night.
>>
>>30214065
But that's the best part.
>HI I'M CHICKEN-CHAN
>>
>>30221832
Are you so obsessed with numerical equalty? Because, technically, you DO fight the same amount of trainers.

In any previous Pokemon game, you challenge 8 gym leaders + 4 E4 members + 1 Champion = 13 notable trainers.

In SM, we have 7 Trial Captains (Mallow, Lana, Kiawe, Ilima, Sophocles, Mina and Acerola) + 4 Kahunas + Kahili + Kukui = 13 notable trainers.

Not to mention, you fight more rivals and Villains than in other games...
>>
>>30221832
I love this game, but honestly it needed at least 6 more months worth of development or so, at the very least.
>>
>>30221878
the best mentor is failure.
>>
>>30222378
Exactly. In other games when you lose you come back and try again until you succeed.
>>
>>30214065
>not accepting the fact that the protag will put his "Nebby" in Lillie's "bag" on the regular after the main story

worth everything else 2bh
>>
>>30222376
With all due respect, fuck off.

Excuse me, it´s just I can´t stand people who talk like game developers. SM have been in development for 3 years. That is more than enough for the second gen on the same console (as in, XY did all the hard work first)
>>
>>30222460
This. Ever since GF got on the 3DS, we've just been getting a string of "beta" releases with nothing that acts as a refinement of what came before
>>
>Lucky Egg is postgame
>>
>>30222271
Technically you fight either Kiawe or Mallow, never both. So it's 12 characters, not 13

Anon BTFO. SM confirmed shit

There's Molayne too if you want to count that
>>
File: 742378456845.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
742378456845.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
My reasonable complaints
>Framerate drop in almost every major battle, sometimes even in regular battles
>Not enough new pokemon, all the alohan forms are only on gen 1 pokemon, and most of the new pokemon are hard to find (Some other good aspects of them are even locked behind "grind" walls)
>Most of the new pokemon have shit speed, which, would have been fine if the game didn't contain large amounts of non alohan pokemon with good speed
>I feel like they don't even want me to use the new pokemon
>Game is so linear I feel like a test rat in a cage that goes from section to section based on what my master unlocks for me
>Game is balanced around exp share
>Z moves are just another unbalanced new feature like megas were that will probably only be relevant for this gen
>Cutscenes and tutorials should be skippable
>Since there are less trainers and smaller routes, then the trainers on those routes should be harder to face. Every trainer having one and sometimes two monsters is pointless because it's not challenging or fun
>The changes done to post game and online content made them worse

Game did a lot right, did quite a bit wrong.
>>
File: spongebob.png (834KB, 534x1600px) Image search: [Google]
spongebob.png
834KB, 534x1600px
>>30222589
>Destiny Knot is at the Battle Royale for 48 BP
>>
>>30222599
>>
>>30222592
But you can still battle both of them at the Battle Tree, right?

Also, no. I meant we have 7 bosses, meaning the 7 totems. I was just using the Trial Captains as reference.
>>
>>30222677
>But you can still battle both of them at the Battle Tree, right?
Nope, Mallow is only in Moon and Kiawe only in Sun. Apparently Moon also gets Guzma and Sina while Sun gets Plumeria and Dexio.
>>
You're like the people that complained that Fury Road was about Furiosa instead of Max. Max basically did everything relevant in the movie other than kill Joe at the end but it's still somewhat Furiosa's story. It's the same situation with MC and Lillie.
>>
>>30215135
There's absolutely no good reason for ignoring a LITERAL STEP BACKWARDS. Wouldn't you be fucking angry if three of your party Pokemon just devolved into their base form? If people were to collectively accept this LITERAL STEP BACKWARDS, there's no telling just how far GameFreak will degrade things.
>>
>>30214065
Mostly the fact that double battles lag to absolute shit and I don't see them adding an option to remove trainer models (except for Z moves) even though they really fuckin should..
>>
If Stars is real and they don't fit the empty stare on MC it's going to look even worse in HD.
>>
>>30222767
Wait, what? No, I am fairly sure they are version exclusive battles OUTSIDE of the battle tree, but in the Battle Tree, you can figh all 4 of them, regardless of the version...
>>
>>30215292
>(You)
no damage control here

It's stupid to call anything on this game "Quality of Life"

IT IS A GAME
>>
>>30222861
If Stars is real I hope it comes out on the 3ds, cause I really don't want to buy a console that i'm not sure is going to do well just for a single game.

Who am I kidding we're all going to buy a switch day one if Stars is on it.
>>
File: 1479845279856.gif (607KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1479845279856.gif
607KB, 300x169px
>>30222861
>being able to watch your MC stare psychotically at a dysfunctional family go past breaking point in HD
>>
File: ShiggyDiggy_EXE.png (518KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ShiggyDiggy_EXE.png
518KB, 640x480px
>>30222861
>mainline pokemon on a home console
>>
File: 1479662323495.png (370KB, 635x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1479662323495.png
370KB, 635x1280px
>>30214179
>shitmons
Good grief, does everything need to be OU?
>>
>Your MC's face changes like 3-5 times total throughout the entire game

That bothered me so much.

Also, Team Skull is best thing in the game.
>>
>MC's expression never changing
>Cutscenes were designed with sunglasses in mind

It all makes sense now.
>>
>>30223130
No, but not everything needs to be slow and have no bulk at all either.
>>
>>30223130
No.
But not everything needs to be slower than a 0 IV shuckle
>>
>>30214065
>PokeFinder's only feature is zoom in and hope it does something funny
>PokeFinder TOO MANY times forces you to take a picture of an idle Pokemon that does nothing where even Lv5's feature doesn't even make it flinch
>Samson Oak, despite being featured in the trailer, only exists to tease you about what you can't have
>Bottle Caps are not actually farmable in one manner or another, only locked behind the Time Gate known as Isle Aphun (I'd at least be ok with farming shards in the Battle Tree)
>Festival Plaza ironically discourages trading for FC and rather wants you to do Missions which are fine but......
>Missions are HORRIBLY lacking in variety
Only 2 "fun" and rewarding Missions which quizzes you in something tangible to the game but only 1 people actually do due to familiarity.
>Missions and Festival Plaza as a whole is horribly buggy, Missions don't always show as available and Guests don't rotate to help you fight the shitty RNG of finding the stalls you want
>Version Exclusive quests/fights aren't accessible when going to the supposed other version
I could understand Pokemon not being available but the trainers as well? Fuck off.
>No way of keeping track what quests you still had going
I really appreciated what they did with "quests" like "Fight all the trainers!" or "Find me X Pokemon" but it's hard to remember which PC or Route they were hanging out at when I had to do something else.
>No way of tracking where stuff like berries are
I guess I could check Crabrawler's locations, but that's super cumbersome. The same applies to rocks in the water to fish.

I really really enjoy this game, but some of the stuff they did I just can't turn a blind eye to.
>>
>>30222452
>the protag will put his
>his
>implying the gender of the main character this hard
TRIGGERED. Also they are like 11. Stop fantasizing about children you fucking pedophile.

>>30222861
>If Stars is real
Is this an unconfirmed game?
>>
File: 1479951345203.jpg (97KB, 800x1128px) Image search: [Google]
1479951345203.jpg
97KB, 800x1128px
>>30223673
>TRIGGERED. Also they are like 11. Stop fantasizing about children you fucking pedophile.

Kill yourself autis.
>>
>>30214065
wait what areas arent accessible?
>>
>>30223959
>is a loli loving pedo
>accuses others of being autistic
I cant wait until you get v& lol
>>
File: 1479958213102.png (315KB, 579x819px) Image search: [Google]
1479958213102.png
315KB, 579x819px
>>30224096
>Can't tell the difference between fiction and reality
>Not autistic

Legal in my country by the way.
>>
>>30224140
>Legal in my country by the way.
IF you live in the US it wont be for much longer
>>
File: fuck I left the stove on.jpg (12KB, 271x317px) Image search: [Google]
fuck I left the stove on.jpg
12KB, 271x317px
>>30214065
>the player character just creepily smiles and stares at nothing during almost every cut scene

IT WAS SO FUCKING ANNOYING

I felt like a damn robot, im under a fucking cave with Lillie and she is saying all this cutsie shit and im just sitting there with the same stupid shit eating grin that I always have.
>>
>nothing happens in Resolution Cave, despite having a battle arena type thing at the bottom
Was it so hard to have Necrozma as a stationary legend there?
>>
My biggest gripes are with the rotom dex. I really wish you could skip its dialog by tapping the bottom screen or something. I was incredibly disappointed when I found out that even during the postgame it would say dumb shit and block off the map when you start the game up again.
>>
>>30224323
Yeah, it's seriously confusing. It screams for something to be stationary there, if only because it's an exact replica of the room Zygarde is in in XY.
>>
>>30224412
F R E E
R
E
E
Zygarde was another thing too, fuck that.
>>
>>30214065
I had a feeling it was foolish to hope for such a thing-hell, I didn't even know what I was really hoping for, but I'm still sad all the references to alchemy went nowhere. The closest thing to that was Type:Null, and even Null was underutilised.
>>
>>30222599
>reasonable complaints
>game is balanced around exp share
>complaining about the game being balanced
>>
>>30215290
I think your problem would be fixed if you understood that :^) on 4chan is used for pretty much the same as Kappa is on your probable home site. Perhaps you are better at home there.
>>
>>30224753
Basically all the lorefags from Gen 6 got shat on

I think the only relevant development was Zinnia's stupidity being validated
>>
>>30223014
Anti-frustration features are generally termed as 'Quality of Life' upgrades in talk about games. Your posts do not seem to imply that you knew what they meant by this term, and instead projected the mental image that this game is this specific anon's life. You don't have to be so afraid to spend time on things you like, friend. Certainly not to the point of harassing anonymous strangers online. That doesn't seem healthy.
>>
>>30224878
Zinnia did nothing wrong and was right all along

Apologize
>>
>>30214065
I miss these too. The idle animations or the battle intros of the trainers are lovely, but I wish they would've made the music at least with different instruments or something. Feels like if they start polishing one detail, they just don't do other details like that. It's a general gripe with these games I guess.
>>
>No original fossil pokemon
This disappoints me so much. Even if fossils are uncommon in Hawaii, I don't see the need to remove them completely off the game; I find it specially tragic since we got so few new pokemon this gen, and as many people have commented already, these seem to be drowning in a high grass ocean of old pokemon. I haven't seen anyone lament this, at least not lately.
>>
>>30214179
>Actually less post game stuff than XY since Battle Tree doesn't have triples or rotations

Battle Tree
UB quests
Zygarde collecting
Numerous Pokedex registration NPC quests
Title Defender
Island Scan (not really post-game but can be)
Guardian hunting

What the fuck does XY have in comparison?
>>
>>30224957
Not really, she couldn't actually explain the basis behind her claim, she just made a lucky guess
>>
>>30214065
The piss poor level design is the only thing in SM that I really hated. I thought it couldn't get worse than Gen 6, I was dead wrong. I get that it's their first game without grid-based movements, but everything feels so lazily done.
>>
>>30224323
Are you implying that there is no resolution in this cave? :^)
>>
>>30219177
You had a terrible writing teacher, it doesn't matter what the characters role is, as long as the character makes you give a fuck about the story or engages you Lillie being the most important character is way better than having it Center around a self insert nothing character.
>>
File: 1383884336534.png (180KB, 500x349px) Image search: [Google]
1383884336534.png
180KB, 500x349px
>Have to grind Cheater Tree to get Destiny Knot
>Type: Null ISN'T FUCKING BREEDABLE

My only problems really.
>>
>>30224987
Emma, Evelyn and Articuno were very cute and sexy
>>
>>30214065

>>the player character just creepily smiles and stares at nothing during almost every cutscene

I gave my character some cool shades, so it looked like he was overly confident about whatever situation he was in/didn't give a fuck.
>>
>>30214669

Who is Silver?
>>
>>30214843
They sort-of did it, but not really. It's subtle as hell but different trainer classes will make a different sound when "!" pops up over their heads.
>>
>>30222599
WHAT POEKMAN GAME DIDNT HAVE YOU GO IN A PREDETERMINED PATH THE ONLY REASON WHY YOU NOTICE IT IS BECAUSE ITS ON AN ISLAND AND THE PATHS HAVE TO BE WRAPPED UP LIKE INTESTINES
>>
>>30214065
my only real complaints are

>needs more mons
>lack of mons in each trainer's teams
>most of the game, trainers have 1-3 pokemon, 5 if they're an important character
>more rematches
>game is only balanced for exp share
>z moves being part of competitive
>>
The fact that Ash-Greninja does not get a signature Z-move. What was that fancy golden giant Water Shuriken in the anime if not a Z-move?
>>
>get to huge volcano
>ready for cool lava dungeon
>walk in a cave and teleport to the top and instantly fight the totem mon

granted the trial was pretty funny
>>
What is with all the complaints about the game being balanced for the EXP Share? Do you autists like switching the first Pokemon in your party out on the first turn of every fight that fucking much? It was a dumb complaint last gen but I could at least see why it was made since the game was too easy with it on. Now the game is balanced for it and you retards are still complaining? Fuck you the EXP Share is great.
>>
File: 2fagNQ3.png (267KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
2fagNQ3.png
267KB, 500x382px
>GF apologists and shitty critics are in this thread RIGHT NOW

This is why /vp/ will never score.
>>
>>30219177
Technically speaking, and I shit not. The protagonist of a story doesn't even have to be in it. As long as they drive the plot, and or the story revolves around them they are the protagonist.

You could argue Lillie is the protagonist and the player character is the deuteragonist
>>
>>30220165
Great Gatsby
>>
>>30214065
>implying anyone ever did triple/rotation battles
>implying Pokemon hasn't always had a shitty story

Mega stones being hard to get is annoying though.
>>
>>30226955
this 100x times.

For fucking sake where is the fucking Greninjium Z for Ash-Greninja?
>>
>>30221949

I would have appreciated the Trials more if they weren't just Gyms with Gym Leaders replaced by Totem Pokemon and obscured as in-world goalmarkers to the point that it gives you very little in terms of how much you've tangibly accomplished.

Colosseum/Gale of Darkness were how you do a no-gym Pokemon RPG right. SuMo made big talk about how much they were going to do things differently, but when you strip away the bells and whistles it's basically the same general gamey structure of previous gens with another "Real" plot tacked on to it that doesn't really mesh with the rest of the game.
>>
>>30228550
>gamey

What would you rather have, a cinematic structure where you have only the minimum possible amount of gameplay?
>>
>>30228818
Yes
>>
For some reason, I expected the PWT back, bigger and better. I only have myself to blame.
>>
>>30228818

There's nothing wrong with a game being gamey, but trying to obscure the structure and claim it has a story focus when the structure was clearly implemented before the story helps neither approach.

Like i mentioned, the Genius Sonority Pokemon games had a structure built around their story beats. It was still a traditional RPG story, but unlike the usual Pokemon affair it flowed better because the focus of the gameplay beats was ON the plot, and the evil team, and how you went about fighting them. In SuMo, you have the trials and the Skull/Aether plotline, and the two never really interact up until the end. And even then, they have to rush you past the last two Kahunas for the sake of expedience.
>>
>>30229329
PWT is literally never happening again. In BW2 they just had to make like a dozen new sprites for the Gen 3 characters, while everything else was reused from Gen 4. Now they'd have to make entirely new 3D models for 50+ characters.
>>
Are these Ultra Beasts meant to be a fucking absolute pantshitting pain to catch? Seriously, what the fuck. I've had this Buzzwole at 1 hp and it has eaten 10 fucking beast balls.
>>
1a. They actually managed to make breeding more difficult than it was in XY. No friend Safaris, Hyper Training is pointless, Destiny Knot is BP-locked. Instead, you need to chain which is tedious and boring.
1b. There is no good way to grind Pokémon to level 100. They needed to include a substitute for the absent Blissey bases and Le Wow.
2. Very few Alola forms.
3. Most Pokémon are too slow to the point of being unusable.
4. Terrain and Weather overcentralizing the metagame.
5. One of each Apricorn ball in the game.
6. More handholding than ORAS.
7. Festival Plaza is awful. PSS was an amazing system and they just scrapped it.
8. The bottom screen UI is awful.
9. Removed rotation and triple battles, meaning the Battle Tree has less content than the Battle Maison.
10. Clothing from XY is unavailable and half of the shirts are garbage tank tops, especially if you play as a male.

There's a lot to like about Sun and Moon but GameFreak made so many retarded decisions I'm not sure these games are better than XYORAS which I thought I would never say. It's honestly heartbreaking at times because if GameFreak just listened to their fans for feedback these games would be so much better than they currently are. Here's hoping Stars significantly improves the game and gives its Dex some much-needed rebalance (it won't).
>>
>>30229955
I always felt those games didn't have much structure at all, really.

Between that vague "chase the bad guys around this barren shithole of a region" plot, no wild pokemon until XD (and even then only within strict limits), an incredibly small selection of Pokemon you could actually acquire which had most of their moves locked out and earned no experience, and a villain group who was so stereotypically evil that even the anime's version of Team Rocket seemed more believable, I think it's more than a little bit overrated and tried too hard to be different only to throw out the baby with the bathwater.
>>
>>30230657
1a. How is breeding more difficult? It works exactly the same way and you have a nice little area to run in to hatch eggs. You can easily find Dittos with 4 perfect IVs. Destiny Knot is can be found with Pick Up. I can't disagree that chaining is tedious and boring though.
>>
>>30230657
Why do people keep obsessing about triple and rotation battles when nobody ever played the fucking things in the first place? And why are a few missing paper-doll costumes important enough to be disappointed about?

> There is no good way to grind Pokémon to level 100. They needed to include a substitute for the absent Blissey bases and Le Wow.

Isle Evelup.

>More handholding than ORAS
It was about the same, and given the stupidity of the people they're trying to sell the game to you should be lucky it's not even worse.

As for the metagame, wait for it to stabilize first.
>>
>>30228164
This.

Please, high-school level education is bullshit. Do not bring it up.
>>
>>30215140
I actually like the press A to open gate/door thing. Without it, I'd be running back into the Nursery every 5 seconds when breeding on Tauros. Also feels less intrusive when you're entering peoples' houses.
>>
>XY was the first 3D game so they spent too long with the models and forgot to make a decent game
>for some retarded reason they decided to listen to the "Hoenn confirmed" fags and make a game from scratch in just one year
>then the 20th anniversary was coming and they decided to scrap the obvious plans they had to improve XY with a third version/sequel and made Gen 7 instead
>but Gen 7 came right before Nintendo's new console, so they deliberately removed or gimped every function that worked with the second screen, so it'd be easier to port the games to the Switch

Why does everything have to go so wrong all the time?
>>
>>30231322

>After Platinum Gamefreak had NINE seperate chances to develop a better bottom screen and massively fucked it up every single time.
>>
>>30230657
Shills will defend this. So sad!
>>
>>30231322
Is a version on the switch confirmed?!
>>
>so many 1% encounter rates
>sos only pokemon spawning in sos battles of pokemok with 1% encounter rates
>>
>>30230831
I addressed that in 1a, namely Destiny Knot being locked behind 48 BP and chaining being more tedious than Dex Nav.
>>30230931
I want to battle to level up, not wait days in a Cookie Clicker mini-game.

I played Triple and Rotation. I enjoyed them a lot in the Maison.

It'd be nice to dress up your player in something that isn't summer wear, especially considering the clothing is already modeled and compatible.
>>
>>30231440
Pokétch was pretty much the pinnacle of the series, bottom screen-wise. I hope they bring it back along with the PSS as a combined feature.
>>
>>30231560
yes. it's codenamed pokemon stars
>>
>>30231616
So you want to battle, but you don't want to put in the effort for a battle-ready team. Weird.

Oh, and you do know you can always re-fight the Elite 4 and Champion Title Defense, right?

>I played Triple and Rotation. I enjoyed them a lot in the Maison.
Then consider yourself an exception to the rule. They were played so rarely they barely even had a metagame.

>>30231677
It's also a rumor which may or may not be false. I don't buy it.
>>
>no nat dex till January
>player is sociopath, hau is useless retard, gladion is the real rival but gets little screen time, lillie is forced on the player when non-weebs have no reason to like her
>frame drops in anything but single battles
Otherwise it was great and one of my favorite pokemon games. I'd say it kicks emerald out of the holy trilogy and I hope they make a SunMoon2
>>
>>30231850
Rumor comes from same sources who did sun and moon. It seems credible to me, not that I want it to happen.
>>
>>30231850
Even if E4 grinding is the most efficient way, it's far less efficient than Gen 6's methods. Pelago and chaining are acceptable substitutes. We had a good process in earlier games and they made it worse here. You don't seem to understand what's going on and just don't like when people find flaws in Sun and Moon, but raising a competitive team in these games is an objectively more tedious and less efficient process than in Gen 6. Don't bring up a buzzword like "effort."
>>
>>30232121
They are indeed flaws, but they're hardly the dealbreakers you make them out to be.

To be frank, I believe having so much access to easy levelling in Gen 6 was a mistake on GF's part, and it's spoiled people into thinking it should be the norm. No other gen before it had made it so trivial to level up Pokemon so quickly, and I doubt any gen will ever make it possible to level up that fast again.
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 430x331px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 430x331px
>Cut, Rock Climb, and Waterfall have no equivalents, mountains are extremely boring
>very constrained, only the path to the Altar felt interesting and connected even if it wasn't
>Type: Null is an obviously unnatural and unique mon that shows up early on but plays no real role in the story
>unreal amount of fly locations meaning you don't ever need to do any hunting
>the fucking frame rate
>the fucking load times
>needing to press A to enter a gate that leads to a tiny area you can already see in its entirety
>have to go to Festival Plaza to do almost all online content, which is ANOTHER load screen
>Festival Plaza is miserable and grindy
>pointless construction sites and major areas that are inaccessible
>no location you can customize like IV's Underground, even when you see Pyukumuku plushes that are exactly like that
>Wicke got shown prominently in promotional material and serves almost no purpose ingame
>character has that creepy-ass smile, only doing facial expressions during the box legendary's cutscene which shows that they ARE programmed in
>the Nihilego fusion made no sense since you just fought her Pokemon anyway
>version exclusive major postgame content
>fishing is shit
>there are very few areas where you can use Sharpedo/Lapras while being in the game with the most water by far, compared to Kanto which let you Surf to islands way the fuck off the coast

I love the game but so many things are lacking.

>>30219569
>Sudowoodo
This. Sudowoodo makes no sense in a region where the trees look nothing like it.
>>
>>30214065
Sun & Moon were in and of themselves a reboot.
Every game going forward is now going to be a ''Story'' and Cutscene-central.
We will never again have traditional gym battles.
We will never again have the 'free to roam' type feel on any console.
Sun & Moon demonstrated the direction Nintendo is taking Pokemon forevermore into the direction of kids at play. Children will enjoy the franchise going forward whilst adult manchildren and the mass majority of /vp/ idiots will be forced to either grit their teeth, bitch on forums like this, or don't buy it. Nintendo/Game Freak/Pokemon will not listen to what any of you have to say and even if you managed to come together to create a multi-culturual concentrated focal point of demonstration/protest the Companies STILL wouldn't listen.

Pokemon is literally for kids. It always was, it's just now it always will be. The series will grow to a certain age with the new kids on the block and then re-set itself again to an even dumber audience.

This is the marketing of today, and the marketing of Pokemon and Yokai Watch.

Welcome to the Future, /vp/.

Hope you enjoyed your Pokemon.
>>
>>30232490
It was the marketing of yesterday too, namefag. Don't act so surprised or resigned.
>>
>>30232475
>wanting HMshit back
>wanting secret bases that did nothing but act as a money sink back

Go sit in the corner. On the bright side, the framerate issues are spot on.
>>
Shitty champion theme
>>
>>30232490
>We will never again have traditional gym battles.
Good riddance, those are boring and overdone.

>We will never again have the 'free to roam' type feel on any console.
Thirsty guard says hello.
>>
>>30217527
This guy gets it
>>
>>30217527
Because OP doesn't get to decide who does and doesn't post and whiny naysayers need to be put in their place.
>>
>>30220165
Vento Aureo
>>
>>30232490
>whilst adult manchildren and the mass majority of /vp/ idiots will be forced to either grit their teeth, bitch on forums like this, or don't buy it. Nintendo/Game Freak/Pokemon will not listen to what any of you have to say
Most people love Sun and Moon, though, even on fucking /vp/, the most contrarian and hateful pokémon-dedicated place on the internet.

Just look at this thread. Many people have complaints about certain aspects of the game, but most still had fun and liked it overall.

inb4 they're in denial, they're just pretending to like it, they're nintendo shills, fun is just a buzzword
>>
File: image.jpg (169KB, 820x614px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
169KB, 820x614px
>>30232617
Nigger, Rock Climb and Waterfall were just completely forgotten even when they put the rest of the shit into Ride form. There are no interesting mountain areas in a region with multiple prominently named mountains. The Fire Trial literally teleported you to the top of the goddamn mountain yet all of the NPCs made a big show of talking about a shortcut down the mountain. Said shortcut takes longer to get to the "bottom" than it does to get to the "top" and back to the "bottom" the normal way.

S/M's level design is hands down the worst in the series.

>act as a money sink
And there was literally nothing wrong with that. Even when you finished everything else, you could still fuck around and customize your secret base. Plus it had PvP that wasn't just battling, and mining was both fun and profitable.
>>
>>30215578
>Fallout 5 removes loading screens, seamless transitioning into caves
>fallout 6 brings back loading screens and required key press for cave entering
>"Ever played pokemon? What do you need to do to enter buildings?"
>"PRESS A KEY TO GO IN"
Taking steps backward makes no sense, just like your argument.
>>
>>30233099
And good fucking riddance to Rock Climb and Waterfall, seeing as they were used in two, maybe three areas tops when they were being used.

>And there was literally nothing wrong with that. Even when you finished everything else, you could still fuck around and customize your secret base.

Clothes serve the same purpose now, and its "PvP" was a complete joke that wasn't even practical until OR/AS unless you knew a ton of people with the game willing to mix records with you.
>>
Is Sun and Moon linear like X&Y was?
>>
>>30233491
Yes, and it feels even moreso due to the cutscenes.
>>
>>30233491
Much more. There are like two tiny areas that you won't pass through just following the road.
>>
Were any of the games not linear? To my recollection, even the early ones had limits simply by having trainers and wild Pokemon that were too hard to beat or requiring HMs.
>>
>>30222460
I guess gamefreak can't pull it off no matter how much time they're given.
>>
>>30233377
>I've never played gen 4: the post
So much shit was hidden behind waterfall and rock climb.
>>
>>30214148
You mean in Eclipse when Solgaleo and Lunaala awaken Necrozma in a more powerful form by causing a solar eclipse, and then you have to fuse your Pokémon with Nihilego to battle him and then travel to Kanto afterwards to get your Pokémon separated by Bill?
>>
>>30222790
>Max basically did everything relevant in the movie
Yeah except have any meaningful dialogue or character development besides HNNNNNGGG FLASHBACKS TROUBLING PAST, he just seemed like an OP passenger along for the ride. Also you're only addressing one of the complaints about this game, and not even a common one, there are much worse things in this that the role of the PC.
>>
>>30233671
And surprise surprise, Gen 4 was shit. At least in part due to said hms.

Your point?
>>
>>30233820
(You)
>>
>>30214065
>the player character just creepily smiles and stares at nothing during almost every cut scene

Thank god. I thought I was the only person pissed off because of this.
>>
>>30224140
You're pathetic and you even realize you're a disgusting person considering you feel the need to justify yourself.
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 370x370px
>>30233820
>gen 4 was shit
I'm insulted that you would put so little effort into your shitpost.
>>
>>30214065
>Ride Pokemon put you in shitty, disgusting outfits
what the fuck
why
>>
>>30233820
Platinum is the best game in the series. What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
File: 1397876545612.jpg (230KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1397876545612.jpg
230KB, 1000x1000px
>>30233820
>>30233999
>denying objective fact
>>
>>30234091
>Platinum
>HG/SS
>Bad
Lol
>>
>>30214142
Megas were shit and Gen6 should be forgotten like the after-prom abortion it is
>>
This is a very minor nitpick but the way you switch pokemon around in your party is retarded. You have to click on them twice to move it. I always ended up clicking on one and thought I was moving it, only to select the one I was switching. Another minor complaint(although this one is completely on me) was with the the Charizard rider pokemon. I always found myself going to my team menu when I wanted to fly to another spot because I have been so used to it in every other pokemon game.
>>
File: image.jpg (144KB, 1190x906px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144KB, 1190x906px
>>30233820
>>
The biggest problem with them is all the talking. If I gave a shit about story I wouldn't be playing pokemon.
>>
>>30234216
>>30234113
>>30234084
Who let the sinnohshits in?
>>
>>30233377
>clothes serve the same purpose
You are utterly fucking delusional if you believe S/M's trainer customization has even a tenth of the options Underground Bases did.
>>
>>30214297
Kingdom Hearts 2
>>
File: DQVIII protag.png (186KB, 409x205px) Image search: [Google]
DQVIII protag.png
186KB, 409x205px
>>30233980
No. This is like, my top 3 worst gripes about Gen VI onward. So fucking stupid.

For example, in DragonQuest VIII, the protag doesn't talk, but reacts and makes expressions depending on what's going on. It's honestly amazing how such a simple, fundamental thing can improve a game and how shit like that is ignored by KikeFreak.

Imagine if when a rare or powerful Pokemon would come out the protag would act surprised or grimace in a serious tone, like "oh shit this might be tough" or whatever. Instead we get

=^)

No matter what;s going on. Life, death, triumph, defeat. Fuck that.
>>
>>30234200
I have both of these issues and I feel like they stem from muscle memory
>>
The UBs feel so half assed. They're never shown to be dangerous at all.
>>
>>30234277
>If I use an insult then it will totally refute their point
>>
>>30234466
Was ultra beast just a warning label for the worst designs in the series?

Really, why are they given a fancy title?
>>
>>30234375
To be fair, the protag in XY did look pretty impressed/worried when Xerneas or Yveltal awakened in the Team Flare lab.

https://youtu.be/xMJDudDhjVc
>>
File: 1442880840795.png (118KB, 694x732px) Image search: [Google]
1442880840795.png
118KB, 694x732px
>catch every UB in the first ball I throw
>catch Necrozma on the first ball I throw
Ok I understand the UBs being easier, since they give you a limited number of balls (of which I now have like 30 floating around in my bag) but what happened to when a legendary would be paralyzed on 1hp and take 50 ultra balls to capture? That shit was at least a small challenge.
>>
>>30234557
Tapu Lele was like that for me.
>>
>>30230931
you are a fucking retard if you think isle evelup is good for levelling
>>
>>30214065

"Oh sick, a Porygon, I wonder when I can get on-
>Postgame
Where the hell is Drampa, I wanna use on-
>last area before the E4
"um... how about a Maranie?
>1% encounter rate on a Pokemon on top of that it's an S.O.S only encouter.
"well, I guess I can go and use Sneasel, never used one in a playthrough
>lol last area lol
WHAT ABOUT LUCARIO?!?! YOU BEEN SHILLING HIM FOR TEN YEARS NOW, I'LL FINALLY USE ONE GOSH!
>tee hee :^)
"well I encountered all the Oricorio's except for ghost. Let me guess? Ghost is postgame too, right?
>You guessed correct!

>hey, look at the bright side, you causet a Brutish, that has a one percent encounter rate
"But I don't want to use Brutish!"

as you can tell, pretty much every pokemon I wanted to use either had a retarded encounter rate, or were only found in the last stretch of the game.
>>
>>30234316
You're delusional if you think Underground Bases were anything but a waste of time. Underground was good for free money and Spiritomb, nothing more.
>>
I don't know what it is, but since Gen V, I've just felt really out of it. I'm the kind of person who speaks to all NPCs, but there's just SO MUCH TALKING, and it just keeps dragging on through the whole game. Maybe it's my fault, but I don't really feel this way about previous generations and can still replay them without them feeling like a slow drag. I do catch every Pokémon as soon as it's available, but that's how I've always played. Maybe it's just how each game makes everything a bigger task. I'm at Route 2, and I have 23 Pokémon, 30,000+ points in Poké Finder, and my Festival Plaza is Rank 13. When I think of being on Route 2 on Red, all I think of is having maybe 7 Pokémon and having done the optional rival battle on Route 22. I've literally played for 11 hours on Sun.
>>
File: 1430758691335.png (223KB, 998x962px) Image search: [Google]
1430758691335.png
223KB, 998x962px
>>30234590
I caught all the tapus after 4 balls, max each. One of em on the first ball, but I can't remember which one.
>>
>>30234510
Doesn't change the fact that Gen 4 was the low point of the series by every definition of the word.
>>
>>30214065
>>Triples and Rotation Battles removed. Battle Royal is a terrible replacement

I think this is a big red flag that 3DS is no longer sustainable for Pokemon Mainline.
>>
>>30234734
dont worry anon, the switch is on the way :'- )
>>
You're delusional if you think Pokemon was anything but a waste of time. Pokemon was good for free e-peen and waifus, nothing more.
>>
>>30234709
But it wasn't. Gen III was when everyone dropped the series. It wasn't until Gen IV that people picked it back up. It was easily the most solid of the generations with Platinum and HGSS.
>>
>>30234678
It's called "growing too old for Pokemon without the nostalgia buffer protecting you". It happens to everybody.
>>
>>30221031
only elite4

no blissey, no audino, no le wow, no vs seeker/celphone/whatever
>>
Does the English translation seem kinda strange for anyone else?

>Report it to looker!
>Game will be saved. Is it ok?
>>
>>30234867
>Gen V

FTFY

Everyone dropped it after DP; the other three games were little more than damage control. It wasn't until BW and B2W2 that they salvaged the series.
>>
>>30234930
I was afraid of that happening to me during this series. Fortunately enough, there was a refreshing spin on the games that gave it a very enjoyable and memorable experience from a non-biased standpoint, like if I were to stand back and pretend I hadn't played Pokémon before.
>>
>>30234557
I caught Tapu Koko on my third ultra ball but it took me over 10 Beast Balls to catch the two Buzzwole (even at 1 hp). I guess it just depends on how lucky you are.
>>
>>30234659
THIS

Practically every pokemon I wanted either had some stupid encounter rate or was all the way on the end of the game. It's ridiculous.
>>
>>30214142
They should be cast away forever and always like Shadow Pokemon.
>>
>>30220019
Just keep walking in and out. The village with the boats is a good place as the area directly above has a little coast to the left that spawns lvl 40 wimpod.

source: got wimpod like this, daily spawns are a meme
>>
Fishing is absolutely horrible.
>>
File: Sunglasses_Amethyst.png (44KB, 215x246px) Image search: [Google]
Sunglasses_Amethyst.png
44KB, 215x246px
>>30214217
>All criticism is nitpicking
>>
>>30235128
No game does fishing well.
Real life doesn't even do fishing well.
>>
File: 1386509984619.jpg (54KB, 585x576px) Image search: [Google]
1386509984619.jpg
54KB, 585x576px
can someone tell me what the heck apricorn balls are?
>>
I'm disappointed in the fact that post game grind is only in the low 60's so it makes getting to level 100, even with a Lucky Egg and the 20% bonus from Refresh take longer than it does for BW(2).

Who's idea was it to make it so you can finally "manipulate" IV's but also make it a complete bitch to get to level 100? And on top of that, bottle caps are an absolute pain in the dick to get. IT's like they want people to hack their 3DS so they can PkHex.
>>
File: 1471266993758.jpg (91KB, 640x932px) Image search: [Google]
1471266993758.jpg
91KB, 640x932px
>>30214065
>not accessable by any means
>golf course
>huge map space, connection to major(?) character, has stairs, has reasonable door that would lead to it
>door doesnt open
eber
>>
Why the fuck isn't Mudbray/its evolution ground/fighting? I need fighting coverage and it'd benefit from STAB, plus it apparently learns a few fighting moves.
>>
>>30234200
also this why is the switching action so retarded? I'm actually enjoying this game so far so idk what the fuck most people are complaining about, but minor things like this are really annoying.
>>
>>30234996
Late Platinum/HeartGold and SoulSilver are when the games switched over from NoA's localization to TPCi's. It's around that time that you could see there was more of an international influence. HGSS were the first Pokémon games to get an English trailer before they were out in Japan. Black and White was TPCi's attempt at a "comeback" to be popular with kids again. Not that Gen IV wasn't already popular, but you could tell they were trying to bring it back to Pokémania days. And it's been like that since. Gen VI finally started doing worldwide releases, and Gen VII is the most preordered games in Nintendo history. But Gen IV was definitely doing better than Gen III, especially on the DS.
>>
>>30214834
>most of the volcano
desu I never even realized it was a volcano
thats how lacking it was
>>
File: 1435491107441.gif (41KB, 159x178px) Image search: [Google]
1435491107441.gif
41KB, 159x178px
>"adults" tear apart a game made with children in mind for the umpteenth time
>>
>>30235441
Funny, the sales for the DS games were ass by comparison to the previous games, and it's only since XY (and Go) that it's really gotten back to the spotlight again.
>>
>>30235168
hoennchild detected
>>
>>30235532
kill yourself
>>
>15 hours of mashing A

I don't care about the fucking story I just want to battle.
>>
>>30234552
>using Gen VI as a positive example
is this what we've come to?
>>
>>30235168
The gimmicky poke balls introduced in Gen 2 that nobody ever used.
>>
>>30235601
Just set text scroll speed to fast, don't be such a big baby.
>>
File: 1449272098202.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1449272098202.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
I'm just so confused as to this trend that GF has where they add something well-recieved to one iteration of a game and strip in its entirety the next.

A good example is the completely optional challenge mode in BW2.
>>
File: 1470419114059.jpg (54KB, 692x960px) Image search: [Google]
1470419114059.jpg
54KB, 692x960px
The major shit I disliked

>Fucking Gamefreak thought to themselves "Shit we can make cutscenes now so let's make every single new area a cutscene"
>Fishing has turned to shit
>Thought Type:Null was going to be some shadow pokemon type story deal but nope just a regular normal type with no plot value.
>I just want to use the GTS/Wonder Trade normally not use Festival Plaza
>Fucking Hau

That's the only not nitpicking ones I have.
>>
>>30235640

Yeah that was the first thing I did still takes forever.
>>
>>30235561
Red/Green/Blue (Game Boy) - 31.37 million
Gold/Silver (Game Boy/Game Boy Color) - 23.10 million
Ruby/Sapphire (Game Boy Advance) - 15.85 million
Diamond/Pearl (Nintendo DS) - 18.24 million
Black/White (Nintendo DS/Nintendo DSi) - 15.13 million
X/Y (Nintendo 3DS) - 14.39 million
Sun/Moon (Nintendo 3DS/New Nintendo 3DS) - too soon to say

Notice the bump?
>>
>>30221878
The real problem is that the game doesn't acknowledges that it happened. If you lost and he started talking to you like he was the better trainer until you beat him, I would be ok with this.
>>
>>30235863
No, just the crash and continued decline. Also, that doesn't even show Platinum, HG, or SS.
>>
>>30235532

Fuck off Ohmori
>>
>>30235687
The Festival Plaza one is definitely nitpicking. It only takes a few seconds to open up GTS so it's a whiny thing to complain about.
>>
>>30214065
the song from this trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL6QuYi3rpo
is not in the game
>>
>>30223229
Everyone in Team Skull other than Guzma is trash. Fuck 'em all.
>dat max attack Fell Stinger Ariados
>>
>>30235955

>few seconds.

The biggest complaint is that you can only be online through the festival, unlike the PSS where you can be online all the time as long as you don't close the 3DS. It makes wonder trading all the breeding rejects all the more tedious since now you can only do one or the other, instead of simply being able to hatch them, and then send them off just as quick.
>>
>>30235532
Did you expect anything else from the bitter old farts of /vp/?
>>
>>30214065
you can only catch necrozma with master balls
but the beast balls were almost master balls for that arc
y
>>
>>30236125
>you can only catch necrozma with master balls
No, other balls work too.
>>
>>30222452
>implying he'll ever see her again.
Even if he did, the only action he's every gonna get regarding Lillie's bag is for him to carry it.
>>
>>30235927
Why would I include third versions and remakes and compare them to the start of new generations when the first games of a new generation sell in a whole other league?

Yellow (Game Boy) - 14.64 million
Crystal (Game Boy Color) - 6.39 million
Emerald (Game Boy Advance) - 6.41 million
Platinum (Nintendo DS) - 7.72 million
Black 2/White 2 (Nintendo DS/Nintendo DSi) - 8.07 million

FireRed/LeafGreen (Game Boy Advance) - 10.49 million
HeartGold/SoulSilver (Nintendo DS) - 11.77 million
Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire (Nintendo 3DS) - 11.46 million

Generation I
Generation I - 46.01 million
Red/Green/Blue (Game Boy) - 31.37 million
Yellow (Game Boy) - 14.64 million

Generation II - 29.49 million
Gold/Silver (Game Boy/Game Boy Color) - 23.10 million
Crystal (Game Boy Color) - 6.39 million

Generation III - 32.75 million
Ruby/Sapphire (Game Boy Advance) - 15.85 million
FireRed/LeafGreen (Game Boy Advance) - 10.49 million
Emerald (Game Boy Advance) - 6.41 million

Generation IV - 37.73 million
Diamond/Pearl (Nintendo DS) - 18.24 million
Platinum (Nintendo DS) - 7.72 million
HeartGold/SoulSilver (Nintendo DS) - 11.77 million

Generation V - 23.20 million
Black/White (Nintendo DS/Nintendo DSi) - 15.13 million
Black 2/White 2 (Nintendo DS/Nintendo DSi) - 8.07 million

Generation VI - 25.85 million
X/Y (Nintendo 3DS) - 14.39 million
Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire (Nintendo 3DS) - 11.46 million

High sales in Generation I can be attributed to Pokémania
Lower sales in Generation II can be attributed to having the fewest games released and ending at the fall of Pokémania
Lower sales in Generation V and VI can be attributed to having fewer games released.
Generation VI selling more than Generation V can be attributed to it having remakes, and remakes sell better than third versions.
>>
>>30236232
>Diamond/Pearl (Nintendo DS) - 18.24 million
>Platinum (Nintendo DS) - 7.72 million
>HeartGold/SoulSilver (Nintendo DS) - 11.77 million

Those numbers make no sense, PtHGSS were objectively better than DP in every possible way.

Even so, it makes Gen 4's success look more like a fluke than anything else given how incredibly reviled it is in /vp/.
>>
>inb4 genwunner
I've actually been playing gen 1 recently and it made me realize how much I hate all the handholding in S&M, they were both marketed to children, but S&M treats kids like they're retarded, some cities you can barely go a few steps before another cutscene plays. I like pokemon games for the large world to explore and adventure in and trying to tell such a linear story with lillie and constantly telling me where to go next really killed my playthrough..
>>
>>30223438
>Bottle Caps are not actually farmable in one manner or another

You can fish them up.
>>
>>30236376
That's because the kids playing Sun/Moon probably ARE retarded, or at least act as if they are. Just do what I do and keep pressing A until it stops.

Oh, and if you want large worlds to explore and adventure in, you should get something else, like Skyrim or Fallout.
>>
>>30236342
>Even so, it makes Gen 4's success look more like a fluke than anything else given how incredibly reviled it is in /vp/.
I've been here since the board started. This hatred for Gen IV is fairly recent, but it's not like it didn't have a basis in existing complaints. The only thing now is that the complaints are extremely exaggerated, and it's the same few things.
>Slow
>Few Fire-type Pokémon in Diamond and Pearl
>SLOW
>Slow surfing in Diamond and Pearl
>SLOOOOOOW
>SLOOOOW
>SLWOWLWOWLW

This may sound biased, but in my experience, I find that most hatred for Gen IV comes from Gen III fans. Mind you, Hoenn fans have been kicked repeatedly in the nuts over the past few years in no small part because of me for unspecified reasons, so now that we're past ORAS, it's now time to attack Gen IV. That's just how it works.

Also, don't be surprised by sales. Initial versions > remakes > third versions. That's just how it is.
>>
>>30236376
>>30236427
One of the differences is world size. Compare R/B Kanto to S/M Alola. The latter is fucking GIGANTIC in comparison. You can count the number of steps it takes to get from Pallet Town to Viridian City. GameFreak probably didn't want children suffering "where the fuck do I go" syndrome when they started expanding the worlds to such huge sizes.

Admittedly they have gone way overboard, but you can at least see why they do it.
>>
>>30214986
This
>>
>>30234557
>>30234694
Necrozma and the tapus have a catch rate of 3, the lowest possible in the games, so sorry, but I really have to doubt the veracity of your claims.
>>
>>30237540
Some people have all the luck.
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.