[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Streak 42 in battle tree >That famous scientist with 98%

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: 1409833971379.jpg (33KB, 396x388px) Image search: [Google]
1409833971379.jpg
33KB, 396x388px
>Streak 42 in battle tree
>That famous scientist with 98% win rate that I saw from some of the thread in here pops up
>He send out Virizion
>Managed to get it to red but focus blast my paper fan to oblivion
>His next is Azelf and took down my Fini with lucky crit zen headbutt
>Manage to get rid it but with stamina Mudslale
>His last is out Suicune

I... give up, /vp/. I know my team is shit but this is the first time I managed to get to 40 streaks after getting my ass rekt 20 times at 30ish streaks. I tried to get gud but maybe it wasn't good enough.

So here I am, /vp/. Caving in for suggestion of team building for battle tree.

Please share your most optimum team with me /vp/. I'm sure there are other in here who are strugglling to beat it.

I haven't tried double since I can't stand playing with 3 FPS all the time but you're welcome to post for double as well.
A bonus if you could post battle royal team as well.
>>
>>30207329
For doubles:

Offensive Drizzle Pelipper
Thunder Scarf Xurkitree
Topu Keko/Topu Bulu
Garchomp with Poison Jab, Earthquake, Brick Break and Dragon Claw
>>
>>30207329
I thought everyone agreed that Maison and it's ilk are bullshit and you should just use Sheer Cold M-Pidgeot?
>>
>>30207329
>DD Mega Salamence
>Special Aegislash
>Chansey/a Tapu/filler
Mega mence got a tiny nerf this gen, but it's still just as retarded as always. The AI can't play around King's Shield, and Aegislash covers all of mence's weaknesses. Eviolite Chansey can be sent out as a panic button to toxic stall almost anything, but you won't need to use it often.
>>
File: 1467474743414.png (268KB, 509x607px) Image search: [Google]
1467474743414.png
268KB, 509x607px
>>30207413
If you run only a Sheer Cold M-Pigeot Tree will throw Moldbreaker/Scarf/Outspeeding/Status Pokemon.

I had a faggot ass scarfed Rotom-W thrown my way that locked itself into T-Wave.
>>
>>30207329
Something something level 1 aron. Does it still work?
>>
OP here.
Thanks for the recommendation guys! I'll research optimum EV spread and moves myself. Also I totally forgot you can use mega stone despite seeing them many times from opponent. Wasn't a big fan of it in previous gen (I wasn't into competitive either since gen 4).
>>30207491
Are you saying that as the streaks goes up the opponent's team is shaping up to counter the player's team?
>>
>>30207329
2 boosting sweepers + 1 tank

Here's what I use:
Dragonite
Slowbro
Scizor

I'm at 47 or so, too lazy to breed for better mons.
Be sure to have priority.
>>
>>30207812
M-slowbro as tank?
>>
>>30207808
>>30207808
>Are you saying that as the streaks goes up the opponent's team is shaping up to counter the player's team?
The AI uses your team explicitly built to calculate a counter and they start breaking up your strategies as early as fourth on the streak on regular singles. The AI was significantly ramped up. Don't expect easy matches.

Mimikyu (Lum)
-Safeguard
-Substitute
-Baton Pass
-Spore
AI tries to kill this hackmon by finding Pokemon that outspeed it or taunting esp by Zoarak or chucking status unless you lum it. Also it will use grass types to make it immune to spore and Moldbreaker to bypass Disguise (I haven't seen the multihit move skill link counter yet but apparently it's coming.) Trickroom Dusknoir fucking everywhere.

Crobat (Leftovers)
Contrary
-V-Create
-Superpower
-Dragon Ascent
-Spectral Thief
Not much of a counter but I've seen AI use Crobat or Pokemon that outspeed Crobat like M-Alakazam or rain dance teams with Kingdra/Lapras/Ludicolo. I also literally saw a Strength Sap Shiinotic get sent out to try and deal with it - The user restores its HP by the same amount as the target's Attack stat. It also lowers the target's Attack stat.)

Pheromosa (Focus Sash)
No Guard
- Fissure
- Sheer Cold
- Sucker Punch
- Hydropump
AI loves to throw Rotoms esp Rotom-W and Rotom-F (immune to most things). It will also try sash breaking like M-Kanga, fakeout, hail/stealth rock/sandstorm. I saw Liepard a few times which suggests Prankster movesets. Before I suicide safeguarded with Mimikyu the AI would throw everything that outspeeded Pheromosa and cripple it with T-wave or try to endeavour it to death or try to trickroom it.
>>
>>30207932
>Counter cheat with cheat
That is actually a pretty neat programming from GF. I guess they predicted that people will cheat their way to win and come up with their own game breaking stuff.
>>
>>30207982
The AI doesn't cheat. It's designed to break streaks and make the 'postgame' last as long as possible.

The AI shouldn't be able to tell the difference between cheating and normal playing, it would be far more efficient for the AI to keep a record of what Pokemon you have trouble with and keep throwing them at you.
>>
Mega kangaskhan
fakeout/double-edge/sucker punch/earthquake
>>
>>30207329
I'm streak 13 of the regular doubles and I'm using M-Gyarados, SubSeed Tapu Bulu, Sash Magnezone, and Alolan Marowak. They work pretty well together with Tapu Bulu being the glue to keep its bulky bros healthy.
>>
>>30207329
For you info double is actually easier.
>>
Do bosses like Red show up in doubles?
>>
File: 20161124_193050.jpg (73KB, 653x368px) Image search: [Google]
20161124_193050.jpg
73KB, 653x368px
If it's really that hard the AI still has no way to beat exporting/importing your save when you lose.
>>
>>30208303
Red is 50 wins in super singles
Blue is 50 wins in super doubles

They're also the bosses at 20 wins for standard to unlock super.
>>
>>30208401
But if you're going to cheat, why not just give yourself 999 BP in the first place?
>>
>>30208464
I don't get to see the special teams/stamps that way. I already have >2000bp just playing with injected teams.
>>
>>30208464
I need to scout Guzma. I like to play the hardest mode - multis.
>>
>>30208645
Of course my favourites from Frontier are Battle Pyramid followed by Battle Factory.
>>
>>30208645
He might be moon only.
Also, importing a save right before you fight the special trainer actually rerolls which one you get. I had Mallow the first time, and now Anabel.
>>
File: 20161125_073804.jpg (69KB, 490x276px) Image search: [Google]
20161125_073804.jpg
69KB, 490x276px
>>30208693
>They chose Lucario as one of Anabel's new pokemon
>>
File: 1351950118587.jpg (147KB, 1010x810px) Image search: [Google]
1351950118587.jpg
147KB, 1010x810px
>>30208645
>want to run multi with Mallow
>Mallow was the first milestone I fought
>didn't know how to scout because I just mashed A for my first 30 battles
>800 BP later and she hasn't come back
>>
>>30208693
Yeah I noticed. ;_;
>>
>>30207883
Might be calm mind set-up sweeper
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.