[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm new to the mystery dungeon series and I've been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

I'm new to the mystery dungeon series and I've been playing Super Mystery Dungeon. I enjoy the game a lot, but I've been getting my ass handed to me.

I have avoided too much grinding in dungeons, and I usually store the items I get from each mission without using them. But I end up getting 2HKO'd by a lot of monsters in dungeons, and boss fights are me spamming my alliance and dying a lot.

What's the right strategy for these games? Should I be utilizing all my items way more? Or doing way more grinding? (I often take lvl 55s into dungeons while my main and partner are around 20) which definitely helps, but the story missions are a whole lot tougher.
>>
File: letsdothis.png (285KB, 1072x754px) Image search: [Google]
letsdothis.png
285KB, 1072x754px
The items in this game are so broken compared to what they used to be. Do not hesitate to utilize any wands, orbs, or emeras you find. Most of them even work on bosses which is an insane edge. Petrify Wands and Slumber Wands are your best friends because they can instantly lock down anything in your path.
>>
File: image.png (543KB, 1000x929px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
543KB, 1000x929px
I remember playing the first game, way back in the day.

Besides being consistently great mechanic wise, it also gave me a transformation fetish since the premise appealed to me that much.

Straight cream of the crop; anyone else here have similar retrospect, or am I the only faggot that took things the wrong way?
>>
Inb4 that official art mockup
>>
>>30206043
If you're in a pickle, do not be afraid of using items. Otherwise, save them for boss battles or later on in the dungeon when it really matters. Just remember you can always run through previous dungeons to stock up on more items if need be, and in doing so provides a bit of free exp which is always helpful
>>
Are board quests still in the game?
>>
>>30206043
Heavy wand and emera usage is literally mandatory to win
Don't think you can coast on move spam like the previous PMD, because you will not win

If you see a Drifblim, wand that fucker out of the room, no regrets
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.