[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many times does a Pokemon have to call for help before the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: sosbattle1[1].jpg (24KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
sosbattle1[1].jpg
24KB, 400x240px
How many times does a Pokemon have to call for help before the chances of a shiny appearing increase?
>>
between 1 and infinity
>>
>>30205349
it's probably the same as dexnav, just replace search level with chain number: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/DexNav#Shiny_probability
>>
>>30205349
It increases every time a new mon appears. By the time you hit ~40 chains you'll have an actual chance of finding a shiny and when you hit 130 you'll have a 50% chance of finding one, if I'm not mistaken.
>>
What makes a chain break?
>>
>>30206206
..you end the battle?
>>
>>30206206
If they call a pokémon from a different evolutionary line —or so I have heard tell
>>
>>30206253
>If they call a pokémon from a different evolutionary line
And you kill the original pokemon. The chain isn't broken as long as the new pokemon doesn't get to call for help.
>>
>>30206401
I thought I reset if I wanted a mareanie, but corsola called another corsola after killing the first mareanie.
>>
>>30205858
How much does it actually increase by?
>>
>>30206551
All Corsola can call for Mareanie.
>>
>>30206551
basically what you can do:

>Corsola called for help
>Mareanie appeared
>kill it
>chain continues

What you can't do:

>corsola called for help
>mareanie appeared
>kill corsola
>chain ends

but then again I don't know if the chain is DONE or if you just start over, and if other-species call ins will call their own species, which would make SOS only pokemon easier to chain.
>>
>>30205858
>By the time you hit ~40 chains you'll have an actual chance of finding a shiny and when you hit 130 you'll have a 50% chance of finding one

Not gonna lie, that's pretty damn nice. 130 would take a hell of a long time, but still not as long as trying to breed for them. Plus adrenaline orbs speed it up nicely.
>>
>>30205858
>>30207648

You can't really be that stupid?

Chances don't increase after the first SoS call.

All SoS allies have a 1 in 500 chance of being shiny.

I've had 300+ chains with no shiny.
>>
>>30207994
What's the Shiny Charm chance?
>>
>>30207994
source on that?
>>
File: anon stop being a faggot.png (310KB, 399x480px) Image search: [Google]
anon stop being a faggot.png
310KB, 399x480px
>>30207994
There has been no proof of either situation. We just need to wait until people figure out how it works. FFS, we didn't even know how dexnav worked until a few months ago: http://mrnbayoh.github.io/pkmn6gen/dexnav_shiny/

It could go either way. All we know is it does increase the chances because of what this NPC said. Whether it's a flat 1/512 like Friend Safari, or something more complicated like the hell of math that dexnav is, we won't know until dataminers actually look at it.
>>
>>30207618
Someone seriously should make an exhaustive guide of s.o.s. chaining.
>>
>>30208582
No one even knows the probabilities regarding what pokemon gets called when there are multiple possibilities.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.