[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>More new pokemon; more Alolan focus and less Kanto dicksucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: images (13).jpg (47KB, 529x278px) Image search: [Google]
images (13).jpg
47KB, 529x278px
>More new pokemon; more Alolan focus and less Kanto dicksucking
>A couple more islands or existing ones being larger
>less cutscenes
Can we all agree, with these three things changed the games would be perfect
>>
>>30202246
it woulden have even taken that much honestly.

>20 or so johto/sinnoh/unova Alola mons
> Second or third island the same size as 4th island
>a FEW less cutscenes
>>
>>30202246
>>30202311
You both are still missing the most important thing
>National Dex
>>
>>30202396
>POKÉBANK
>>
>>30202246
Introduce Guzma earlier. He kinda just shows up in the middle and is swiftly replaced by Lusamine as the main antagonist.
>>
>>30202457
THIS

Guzma A Best
>>
I was fine with the amount of Pokemon because they gave most signature moves and/or abilities. Where they fucked up was in the stat spreads.

More content is always good.

Cutscene number is fine, the problem was when they didn't put actual gameplay in between them.
>>
>>30202246
I think we can all agree: routes were too short.
It took like 1 minute to get through each one if you didn't explore everything and look for pokemon.

Cutscenes definitely needed to be spaced out more.

That last island was just BS.
>Dragon trial
>fairy 1hko'd all of them (totem included)
It was bad enough that trial was just 3 fights, but this?
>spent like a day on the 3rd island, 4th island took like an hour.
>>
>>30202574
Yea I don't like it how they cut off half the island and called it post-game like how they did to unova.
>>
>>30202574
>It took like 1 minute to get through each one if you didn't explore everything and look for pokemon.
It didn't help that most grass patches were strictly optional.

You could go through the whole game and only walk through maybe 3 or 4 patches of grass.
>>30202574
>That last island was just BS.
>Dragon trial
This too. A lot of the trials were pretty crappy, actually.
Hokulani Observatory was interesting, but I honestly would've preferred a Rock Tunnel-like Flash puzzle, where we have to navigate the observatory in the dark, rather than just being locked in a room and answering a quiz.

Also let's face it, summoning a gigantic Totem Minior would've been a slightly more amusing and more location-appropriate fuck-up; and having to navigate a pitch-black dungeon to get Sophocles' Charjabugs to restart the generator would've made sense in the context too.

Instead we get locked in a room, and attacked by Pokemon that can somehow enter this locked room, while staring at a black screen for 5 minutes.
>>
I'd like them to fix the Battle Royale so 2/3 Pokemon don't exclusively target me while the last spams fucking Earthquake.
>>
>>30202246
And get the gen 6 bottom screen overworld UI back. The space inefficient rotom map is god fucking awful.
>>
>>30202773
They also should of had you fight the trial captains before being able to do the trials as a "test" to see if you're ready. Honestly this game just needed one more year of dev time, but jewtendo just have to pressure GF to shit out pokemon games annually.
>>
>>30202246
I heard that the cutscenes amounted to like, 30m at most.

That's really not that much. You just didn't notice it as much before because textboxes were "cutscenes"
>>
>>30202936
It's not the length it's the amount. Sometimes it feels like you're stopped for unnecessary dialog 4 times in one route. Too much fluff is what it's called.

It doesn't seem like much, but it really takes you out of the experience.
>>
>>30202899
Agreed.
To be honest, I don't know why Lillie didn't do the Island Challenge. There weren't that many moments (short of actually fighting the Totem) that actually required you to be a trainer. Any old chump can take photos of Gastly and Haunter.
>>
>>30202246
If they added more islands, it would be really hard to not deviate too much from Hawaii. Four main islands in Alola, four main islands in Hawaii.

Melemele - O'ahu
Akala - Maui
Ula'ula - Hawai'i
Poni - Kaua'i

Other than that, Hawaii only has four less major islands of any significance: Ni'ihau, Mololai'i, Lana'i, and Kaho'olawe. The first is represented as part of Seafolk Town, and the last two are tiny. Kaho'olawe isn't even inhabited, and Lana'i is kind of represented by the part of Akala south of Diglett Tunnel.

That leaves Mololai'i. It is a stretch, but it could maybe be incorporated as a smaller postgame battle resort-type area.
>>
They definitely need 3 more islands, apart from the empty gym lots(what else can they be!) Alola is the most complete region in ages. I am down with the idea that a new island cluster would be a literal New Alola, built a couple of years later, that is more modern, has no Tapu guardians and is a straight up classical region, in the sense that its not so set in their ways. I dunno if it can work, but something like this or whatever is the only option they jave, with the 4 islands, the whole trials, Kahunas, and Tapu Four structure is a pretty solid setup and allows no breathing room for drastic changes. Of course Stars could do this even with the main islands, the Alt World could see a drastic difference with no Cosmog to fuel the plot, perhaps even altering the Tapu dynamic.
>>
>>30202246
Add Victory Road.
>>
>>30203180
The Aether Paradise gives me Ni'ihau and Kaho'olawe vibes, the fact that those two islands' official colours are white and grey respectivelu and Ni'ihau being a privately owned island are the aspects that stand out the most.
>>
>>30203239
the canyon leading up the legendary is the game's expy of victory road.
>>
not abandoning megas after one gen would have been a start
>>
>>30203503
That's basically how I see it too.
>>
>>30202246
>less Kanto dicksucking
>implying gamefreak would stop kanto dcksucking after the success of the sun and moon
>>
>>30202246
Not necessarily less cutscenes. More: Less handholding and forced explanations of game mechanics

The cutscenes generally stop after the first 5 min and don't really pop up again until lusamine

Other than that, you've got it
>>
>>30202574
>It took like 1 minute to get through each one if you didn't explore everything and look for pokemon.
So like every Pokemon game?
>>
>>30202246
Nope. To be perfect it would have to add a Frontier with 45 different facilities and a second region that's 4 times as big as the first.
>>
File: kahili_fanart.png (4KB, 251x352px) Image search: [Google]
kahili_fanart.png
4KB, 251x352px
>>30202246
>gengar
>bravest bird
>good game
Haha
>>
>>30202246
You forgot
>dungeons
There are literally zero dungeons.
>>
>>30208080
>get to volcano
>cool opportunity for a magma cavern
DUDE TELEPORT LMAO
>>
>>30202444
Never going to happen. Do you really think Game Freak will update their games?
>>
>>30202444
>paying for an always free feature

>>30202936
The games have always had these cutscenes, but the ones in SM break the pace too much. In another game, Lillie saying "good luck on your trial" would be normal text, but here the game stops, fades to black, and gives us a cutscene of Lillie saying it before sending us on our wayToo many cutscenes that are different from how the game looks normally, camera wise, disconnects them from the game experience for me
>>
>>30208080
>>30208101
>Cinnabar Volcano
>Mt Chimney
>Wela Volcano
>no caverns
>Stark Mountain is just one giant cavern and then Heatran room
Why does Gamefreak not want to give us a magma cavern?

>Sevii is the only region with a volcano you can explore fully
>>
>>30210902
>what is Reversal Mountain in W2
>>
>>30202311
>>30202246
It would need to be less linear, have a stronger league and a superboss with level 100 pokemon.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.