[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How could anyone be nostalgic for Kanto anymore? The only thing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: Snapchat-.jpg (160KB, 1384x837px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-.jpg
160KB, 1384x837px
How could anyone be nostalgic for Kanto anymore?
The only thing these games allow you to remember it as is "The Pokemon region we continually derive from when we aren't interested in creativity."
Hell, it's not really a matter of whether or not you could like it, but how could you possibly not HATE Kanto at this point?
>>
Kanto was the first region, for most people, especially the creators of the series, it's going to be the one they most fondly remember and have the most emotional investment in.

Are you autistic?
>>
File: XHBa71Th.jpg (83KB, 702x1024px) Image search: [Google]
XHBa71Th.jpg
83KB, 702x1024px
>>30198006
>Every Pokemon fan started with RBY
>Even ⅛ of the people who played RBY still play Pokemon
>>
What a strange opinion to have
>>
>>30198006
>Especially the creators
Serious question, does anyone who made Red/Green still work on the Pokemon games? They shove the references to it down or throats at every conceivable turn but the new games don't have anything that made those games good.
>>
>>30198071
>but the new games don't have anything that made those games good
What makes those outdated games good, anon? Because it all plays the fucking same.
>>
>>30197974
i started with R/S/E im a hoenn baby and got remakes with oras im satisfied but my 2nd games were fire red and leaf green i love those games so kanto is dope would love to go back. just because you didnt experience pokemaina red and blue and doesnt mean you cant be nostalgia for kanto
>>
File: VAeA885.jpg (100KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
VAeA885.jpg
100KB, 500x285px
>>30198071
>but the new games don't have anything that made those games good.

People only play Pokemon for either the collecting or the battling, which every game has had since its inception. Everything else is just flavor.

These devs shoving Kanto/Genwun references in around every corner probably couldn't even spell their own name when R/G first came out. It's a desperate move to try and say "hurrhurr look guys 'member the first game those were good times"
>>
>>30198147
This

FRLG was dope
>>
Every long-running series starts to bank on nostalgia and reference its first installment a lot eventually
>>
don't worry, sending her to kanto was just an excuse to make her "come back" as a badass in stars.

btw, stars is both a third version AND a sequel. it's wacky as fuck. the reveal in january will leave everyone wondering what the fuck is happening, it's a good reveal. the story is crazy but makes a lot of sense in retrospect, lillie is still pretty much the main chara but the pay-off of her development is even greater in stars.
>>
>>30198394

Thats bullshit, and I don't believe it.
>>
>>30198394
Yeah right, I'm more inclined to believe they'll ORAS-ify DP remakes. Gamefreak might've done a passable job here but I doubt they can improve on it given recent events.
>>
That guy is bullshit, but I can't believe people are still in denial about Stars. Thank God they will announce it in January so all the dumbfucks can shut up about it not being real. Eurogamer and IGN both corroborated the story.
>>
>>30198607
>That guy is bullshit,

Oh shut the fuck up, you probably ARE that guy.
>>
>>30197974
Sun & Moon got plenty of Black & White characters. Don't you feel nostalgic about BW? Because judging from your post those might've been your first games.
>>
>>30198006
Kanto was my first game and it's the one I want to see the least. Shit is boring as fuck compared to everything that came after.
>>
>>30198035
4chan is an 18+ site, btw
>>
>>30198607
On one hand it would explain the lack of national dex in this game. On the other that sounds like complete bullshit and they havnt made a third game since platinum.
>>
>>30197974
I don't know, I'd like to see Kanto in 3D. Kind of.

Maybe Kanto triggers some nostalgiafag part of myself that I haven't stomped out yet.
>>
>>30198635
no YOU are the guy
>>
File: bitten-kit-kat.jpg (62KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
bitten-kit-kat.jpg
62KB, 600x800px
You know, stereotypical genwunners ARE obnoxious.
However, you twats that go out of your way to bitch and moan about Gen 1 are quickly getting just as bad.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.