[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does your in game team have a "yamcha" on it? I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 33

File: 800px-Yamcha_found_dead.jpg (34KB, 800x445px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Yamcha_found_dead.jpg
34KB, 800x445px
Does your in game team have a "yamcha" on it?

I have this Dugtrio and it's just sorta sad how many times it gets btfo.
>>
my fucking useless decidueye
>>
Decidueye was my Yamcha until I boxed it, then Dugtrio has been Yamcha since. Sad because Dugtrio was a complete bro in gen 1 games
>>
>>30194147
I have this fomantis that always gets ko'd. Idk if I wanna keep or wait for tall boy.
>>
File: Penn.jpg (222KB, 1240x786px) Image search: [Google]
Penn.jpg
222KB, 1240x786px
Sandygast
>evolves at 40something
>is still shit
>>
Vikavolt usually gets fucked up before it has a chance to do much
>>
golisopod he's not that bad but emergency exit makes him my yamcha
>>
>>30194147
Crabrawler might as well just faint as soon as it comes out of the ball, it can't even beat things it has a type advantage against.
>>
I took a crabrawler from the first berry tree to the E4 and he was dead weight the whole fucking way.

Never confused off a dizzy punch
Failed to KO on super effective Z moves with stab.

What a piece of shit.
>>
>>30194147
My yamcha is metag.

sure he's 5 levels under everything else, but he still has a super hard time fighting someone his level. I'm really waiting for that leap in power when he evolves
>>
>>30194147
Aroran Golem. I'm replacing it once I find a shiny Jangmo-o
>>
My Pikachu.

Why the fuck am I even using this useless shit he's just gonna die even as Alolan Raichu, especially if I try any setup with electric terrain or nasty plot.
>>
Machamp
No Guard is a bitch.
>>
>>30194147
My starter, Decidueye. He's just so fucking bad and useless.
>>
File: 1479622084303.png (61KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1479622084303.png
61KB, 300x300px
Araquanid.
He would usually get 1 hit KO'd so I only used him to heal my weakened leads.
>>
>>30194147
Crabominable
I wish he was bulkier because I really like him
>>
>>30194147
I've had one in every gen

>Gen 1
20 years ago and the cartridge is dead so I forgot
>Gen 2
same as above but I remember having a ledian, which was probably my Yamcha
>Gen 3
Banette
>Gen 4
Drapion
>Gen 5
Beheeyem
>Gen 6
Aurorus
>Gen 7
Lurantis
>>
Lurantis was fucking worthless. I dragged her all the way to Poni Island before giving up and bringing back Ribombee
>>
>>30194147
Ivan, my crabominable was my Yamcha. At the end of the game he was 10 levels lower than the rest of my team because he couldn't survive ANYTHING
>>
my male salandit
>>
>>30194147
My freakin' Xurkitree. Everytime.
>>
My Wishiwashi was a god throughout the main game. I wanted to add Exeggutor to my team, even after learning it was a late game 'mon. Exeggutor was dying every other battle and I didn't have an easy means to EV trains near the end and give it ample exp near the end to keep him up to par.

But once I hit the elite four, Wishiwashi was getting OHKO every fight I tossed them into while Exeggutor was my last resort, heavy hitter.

Off topic, I beat the game with a team at around Lv. 50 each. Just starting post game and everyone is Lv. 60+ and absolutely destroying me. Why am I so low leveled? Am I missing some good training spot?
>>
My Ribombee.
Sure he's super useful and fast, but he is often relegated to just Stun Sporing and then getting OHKO'd. Raised his affection to max just so I could try and get some clutch free endures, but it didn't really happen.
>>
>>30194500
Yeah, I think you're just using it wrong.
>>
File: 1477032377054.png (148KB, 266x320px) Image search: [Google]
1477032377054.png
148KB, 266x320px
minior

>shell smash
>get greedy and shell smash one more time
>gets crit and dies
>>
>>30194520
That's more like krillin then yamcha
>>
File: CsblpU6UMAAruN3.jpg (92KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
CsblpU6UMAAruN3.jpg
92KB, 640x720px
>>30194520
this is your minior
>>
>>30194147
>>Yamcha

Please doctor I'm sick. Give me my daily dose of tenshinhan.
>>
Caught a Smeargle because i always loved the concept but never had the chance to use one from the start. Decided to do a dynamic where it would only learn the first move it came when it relearned sketch.

>lvl 11: Mean Look
>lvl 21: Pound
>lvl 31: Bone club
>lvl 41: Beat up
>lvl 51: Boxed

It couldn't kill anything even with Technician for the Bone Club and Pound. Replaced it with the event munchlax and already carried it's weight
>>
Rockruff thing is made out of glass, and gets out sped a surprising amount.
>>
>>30194177
this
decidueye is fucking shit
>>
>>30194353
Don't set up, farm light ball.

My Pikachu destroyed everything in the league then died due to volt tackle recoil, Pikachu is not a Yamcha, Pikachu is a Tien or Piccolo, it dies getting the job done.

Seriously, volt tackle tutor, grass knot, brick break and quick attack with a light orb is all you need.
>>
>>30194147
Shiinotic is a bro most of the time but there have been too many times where I've unknowingly switched into something with Poison Jab or Heavy Slam and he goes down instantly
>>
>>30194147
Everything on my team has been holding it's own weight, surprisingly enough.

I'm especially surprised by how strong Misdreavus is, the thing tanks fucking everything except SE moves and hits back hard with Psychic and Hex. I'm not running Eviolite, using Refresh, or overleveling it either, it's actually usually the lowest level in my team, yet still the most reliable.
>>
Lycanroc

I always send Mudsdale in instead
>>
>>30194147
Oddly enough feraligator has been holding me back, he just gets shit on. And doesn't learn a good water physical move until 50ish
>>
Pikachu until I got a free Catastropika, followed by power leveling until Discharge and then raping ass with Softchu
>>
>>30194506
The game jumps up a few levels after postgame. You either didn't explore everything and battle every trainer or you didn't run exp share. This time around the game's somewhat balanced around it.
>>
File: 1480036437888-652854164.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1480036437888-652854164.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
Nah, fucking love my team. Favorite main game team I've ever had.

>>30194335
Up to third island its good, after then though it should be ditched.
>>
>>30194428
Beeheyem was my star in BW, I nailed a modest one with hp fighting, Needless to say using him as a synchronizer for Reshiram was cool, but sweeping the league felt even better, and yes this guy pulled his weight even against Grimsley.
>>
>>30194147
Marowak.

Jesus christ this thing hits like a toddlee and the club doesn't show up

>also Marowak learns Ghost physical move at lvl 27
>evolve at 28
>Heart Scale mandatory
>>
my slowbro never gets btfo but it's still probably my least used pokemon
ribombee gets fucked over but she's a glass cannon that also ohkos everything else so it's ok
over pretty happy with my team, my one regret is not using a bewear although i wouldn't know what to switch it out for
>>
>>30194395
It BTFOs anything by using a water move
>>
>>30194147
Golisopod
>dude Aqua Jet
Yes, because I know to level up a Masquerain and breed them during the main game.
>>
I dunno but Minior is my Gohan
>>
File: 1475199601417.jpg (8KB, 250x222px) Image search: [Google]
1475199601417.jpg
8KB, 250x222px
>>30194147
Alola Raichu was a huge disappointment during my first run through Moon. It was too weak to faint anything that wasn't pathetically weak while having paper defenses itself. It's sad because you would think STAB Psychic and Thunderbolt would be really good. I imagine it would pair well with Tapu Koko in doubles though.
>>
>>30194635
he got boxed at 40 because he's too slow and doesn't do damage when he isn't getting 1 hit
>>
>>30194147
Ribombee towards the end of game but I replaced it with Xurkitree after the league.
The rest of the team was pretty based.
>>
>>30194635
I have never chosen grass before after all these years. I knew since I was 7 that grass is shit, never pick grass, I never even used a grass type on a team except for a tropius in ruby. But that owl was so darn cute I caved and picked it

boy was I right about grass
>>
>>30194177
>>30194389
>>30194635

How were you using it?
>>
What would you call a "Useless-looking pokemon that wrecks face unexpectedly"? Because that would be my Linoone in ORAS.
>>
>>30194858
>belly drum
>useless
Linoone is based
>>
>>30194858
Mimikyu and minior for me.

Got them because cute, mine destroy shit.
>>
>>30194668
I'm still mad it doesn't learn a good physical STAB early. Not even Liquidation and Waterfall/Surf are pretty much at the end of the game.

It feels like physical Water-types got shafted incredibly hard this time around.
>>
My Salazzle outspeeds and does something and then gets OHKO'd every single fucking time.
>>
>>30194177
>>30194635
You sure? That thing beat all of the trials for me. Literally all of them, no sweat. Then it swept most of the E4 no problem.

Would I ever use it in the Battle Tree or competitively? Fuck no. But my in-game team's star was Decidueye honestly.
>>
>>30194830
>this grass type is shit therefore all grass types are shit

Isn't it past your bedtime
>>
>>30194177
same. How's that spooky grass anchor? Anybody using him?
>>
>>30194858
Mimikyu.
>know it has disguise but expect it to have pikachu-tier stats
>it's actually fast and has a decent attack
>learns a good amount of moves
>disguise is stupidly good because most trainers have 1 or 2 mons
I think it's my favorite mon this gen actually.
>>
>>30194739
mine must've been shit then because it was mostly useless the whole time it was on my team.
>>
>>30194879
I'm saying my Linoone was based. I had it as an HM slave and it saved my ass against the Elite Four, especially the Ghost leader because it had Pin Missile
>>
>>30194255
Nigga what?
Pallosand is a Great Wall.
>>
>>30194935
That bad mimikyu actually has viability in competitive
>>
>>30194919
Dhelmise is alright, but kinda limited in what it can do.
>>
File: tumblr_ognucgVNge1tix1d5o1_400.png (114KB, 400x556px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ognucgVNge1tix1d5o1_400.png
114KB, 400x556px
>>30194919
Me, see >>30194692

Love this guy. Hits hard and and can take a hit. On mine I run giga drain, shadow claw, gyro ball, and anchor shit. Wish it got power whip sooner but still great.
>>
>>30194147
I had a pikachu in my last HG randomized run that got btfo every time it left the ball

Finally got my hands on a thunderstone to evolve it and it continued to get btfo repeatedly
>>
This nigger. Right here. It dies to literally any physical move, and gets 2hko'd by most specials too. It also cant outspeed anything outside of slow shitmons and its movepool is terrible. And instruct isnt anywhere near as busted as it sounded at first.
>>
>>30194835
I used it to hit things. What else would I do? It was main gameplay, not competitive battling. That thing always fucking died and was always slower than EVERYTHING. It also felt like it would always absolutely need to 2HKO things. It never one-shotted things.
>>30194911
Were you overleveled? Because mine was a slow, weak bird.
>>
Probaby Daydog or A-Raichu. Raichu does to everything but it's just weak enough not to get KOs with anything unless I Nasty Plot, but of course I never can do that since it dies on any turn I NP. Lycanroc is in the same boat.

Weird, because Ribombee is pretty frail too but it pushed everyone's shit in
>>
File: oranguru.png (182KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
oranguru.png
182KB, 500x500px
>>30195014
Fucking forgot the pic
>>
>>30194147
It's weird, my dugtrio USED to be this until the late game where a lot more fairy types started showing up. It stopped dying in one hit to everything too, so like... I don't even know what caused this. Honestly speaking I kind of love my whole team.

Decidueye, Riachu (God i love her z move), Hariyama, Aerodactyl, Dugtrio and Ash-Greninja... yeah I figure Ash Greninja might be cheating a bit since it levels up so much faster than everything else and has a mega esque mode without a need for a megastone, but before he turns water shuriken isn't that useful for anything but sturdy users and the like. As a couple of backup team members that I had until i got some of the later ones, I have my snorlax and a grimer which i got immediately after being incredibly annoyed by the one that one trainer in the school had.
>>
File: 1364950592724.png (20KB, 559x407px) Image search: [Google]
1364950592724.png
20KB, 559x407px
>>30194147
Rowlette. He was much better early game, but he evolves so, so late, that it's really disappointing. Usually he got one-shot/did fucking nothing

Torracat and Incineroar is similar, and I had to swap him out for a Growlithe/Arcanine

I got a Bounsweet from Wondertrade with oblivious, I traded her in for Rowlette, and regret nothing. Acrobatics, Teeter Dance, Highjumpkick and Tropkick makes her a fucking powerhouse.
>>
Alolan Raticate
>>
>>30194147
my lurantis sucks ass
>>
almost all of my alolan team minus aquanarid.

Everything in alola knows a dark type move so decidueye would get blown out

Lycanroc got destroyed a lot too

Everything in alola is so slow and frail even if it looks big. Looking at you turtonator.
>>
>>30194668
Feraligatr has been my best bro since genII, never let me down.
>>
Yungoose. I normally have tolerance for it, but I had to box that nigga.
>>
>>30194255
FUCKING. THIS.
Is it worth using at all? What would be a good replacement?
>>
>>30194858
Probably a Gohan because of the way he pushed Cell's shit in
>>
Absol
He used to be cool but now he gets one hit KOed by anyone because everyone has faiiry/fighting/bug moves in the post game. Cant even serve False Swipe duty well because even wild pokemon are havin a laff with it

Dugtrio is still holding its weight pretty well. Captured most UBs with it. Just give it a decent moveset and item
>>
>>30194858
Mine is water spider

That fucker carried me through the E4 but got fucked by the stealth rocks laid by the doggo
>>
>>30194358
lolno. Machamp was an MVP.
>>
>>30194830
Protip:
Drop Deku
Grab a Tsareena

Trop Kick and Acrobatics motherfuckers for days. Her only downside is that Tropkick is the only good Grass move she can use with her shit spec attack and no way to pick up any other physical grass attacks
>>
As odd as it seems, it might've been day Lycanroc. It's many people's MVP, but the rest of my team just ended up being useful and saving the day much more often than he did.
I used Araquanid, A-Marowak (with thick club), Lurantis, Mudsdale, Kommo-O and Lycanroc Day. Oddly enough, Lurantis was probably the second most useful behind the spider, and Kommo-O and Lycanroc were probably the least useful most of the time despite being the fastest. Araquanid and Marowak hit disgustingly hard, the horse could tank hits for day, and Lurantis was a great jack of all trades. Can take blows, hits pretty hard, and isn't too stupidly slow for gen 7 standards.
>>
>>30194255

This. I really, really tried to make it work because I like the design and Pallosand's lore, but it has so many weaknesses and every fucking wild pokemon seems to have crunch.
>>
>>30194767
>Masquerain

Nigga you level up a Surskit to 30 without evolving, that shit is easy to do using the Fearows that respawn on the Third Island and swapping out
>>
There are no Yamchas in my grandfather's deck, Pegasus.

Incineroar, Crobat, Muk, Magneton, Salazzle, Greninja. Fucking bro battalion.
>>
is any Alolan Pokemon besides based water spider good?

Decidueye, muk, gumshoos, turtonator, and lycanroc were all shit on my ingame team

Hit weak and couldn't take hits
>>
>>30195265
dhelmise hits like a fucking tank
>>
>>30195144
>>30195215
Senpai. Shore up, sand veil, iron defense.
>>
>>30194147
Same with the dugtrio. His only saving grace was learning earthquake just through leveling and it net me a couple kills. But yeah he dies in one hit to everything.
>>
>>30194507
>ribombee
Sounds like you managed to get a 0 IV Rimbombee or some shit.

My ribombee was one of my top 3 strongest mons when it evolved for like the whole game. Held its weight until the E4 and even then it was pretty decent overall.
>>
Pallosand

That nigger has awful special defense and got OHKOed plenty of times when I didnt expect it by shitmons or not very effective attacks
>>
>>30194147

My whole team is Yamchas

only way to make the game fun / difficult.
>>
>>30195265
>Muk
>Lycanroc
>Shit
What the fuck did you do
>>
Alolan Exeggutor. Picked it up towards the end of the game, it was never underleveled or anything, but it would just get blown back by anything I sent it against. Was quite sad.
>>
>>30194507
>he is often relegated to just Stun Sporing and then getting OHKO'd

My Ribombee is as pure as a saudi princess virgin

It bombs anyone with Pollen Puff or Dazzling Gleam before they can even see what the fuck is happening

You either had the worst luck in the world or you're lying
>>
>>30194781
I caught mine as a Pichu and carried Nasty Plot through to him. He is weak defensively, but if you can pull off one Plot he can sweep with his decent speed.
>>
>>30195265
Mimikyu
Dhelmise
Golisopod
Minior
Toxapex
Drampa
Mudsdale
>>
Garde Dog.
>>
>>30195265
Muk is awesome, what the fuck are you talking about.
>>
>>30195416
So I should Tsareena instead? Tsareena has such an atrocious movepool though. For in-game use anyway.
>>
Starmie
>>
>>30194147
Fucking Raichu gets rekd so hard. I only keep him around because he's been on my team since route 1.
>>
>>30195611
Maybe if it's grossly overleveled.

Postgame trainers swatted it around like it was nothing even with a level advantage. Sure, maybe it could get a KO but it would always get rekt afterwards because of how fucking slow it is.

Fought blue with my alolan team and my team did abysmally minus aquanarad.
>>
>>30195404
Not overlevel anything.

I even had decent natures. They just couldn't fight well against other gen mons.
>>
Komala
Did enough damage to barely OHKO anything and always got KO'd back
>>
Yamcha: That member of your team that always chumps it.
Krillin: Could be good but fucks up a lot and/or gets unlucky.
Tien: That member of your team who gets the job done but dies in the process.
Goku: MVP. Rest of team basically just waits for him to be switched in.
Vegeta: Your other star damage dealer on the team but just not as good as your Goku.
Piccolo: Does his job. Rarely gets glory or cool moments but you're almost never disappointed.
Gohan: The team member you caught expecting it to be a huge shitmon but it's actually great.
Hercule: The team member you caught expecting it to be great but it's actually terrible. Sentimental value.
Cell/Frieza: The shitmon you're lugging around because it'll be great when it evolves someday. Any day now.
Buu: Using legendaries/hacked mon's/really lucky wondertrades while still in the maingame.

What's your team, /vp/?
>>
>>30195721
>Decidueye was Yamcha
>Golisopod was Krillin
>Salazzle was Tien
>Mimikyu was Goku
>Toucannon was Piccolo
>Lunala was Buu
>>
>>30195721
Decidueye: Piccolo
Muk: Vegeta
Raichu: Tien
Wishiwashi: Piccolo Mk II
Mudsdale: Goku
Ninetales: Krillin
>>
>>30194248
its a trick lurantis is fucking great and learns so many fucking moves

Brick Break
Leech Life
Leaf Blade
Poison Jab

shit is lit
>>
>>30195721
get your dragonbautism out of my board
>>
>>30194147
Dugtrio was pretty much my MVP, don't know how people find it to be so shitty. Golissopod was great too, only had Emernegcy Exit activate maybe four times ever. Maybe cause they were both adamant?
Fucking Salazzle on the other hand
>>
>>30194147
Me. I am the Yamcha. My team is amazing and if anyone gets btfo its my fault for being a shitty trainer that failed to git gud. But before that it was my Fromantis, it evolved and murders eveything now though.
>>
>>30194713
Farm with butterfree, teach her thief. Got a club on my second cubone
>>
>>30195721
Latest HG random run

Yamcha: pikachu/raichu
Krillin: mankey
Tien: zangoose
Goku: vaporeon
Vegeta: staraptor
Piccolo: onyx/steelix
Gohan: bellsprout and it's evos
Hercule: aron
>>
Used to be my Drifblim and/or marowak, but I'm training replacements for both
>>
>>30194147
Honestly most of them except my Magneton
>>
>>30194147

Before I restarted, my Tsareena fit the bill.

She was one of my strongest Pokemon level wise but her speed and shit coverage until HJK meant she died like a bitch more than her "bulk" should have allowed.

Mimikyu and Toucannon that I drummed up as emergency backups pulled their weight way more due to having recovery and not-shit typing.
>>
Vikavolt

>Shit attacks for ~28 levels
>Evolves way too late
>Laughable stats, probably rngesus fucking with me
>pokes 30 levels below him outspeed
>Ability so far has never proved to be useful
>Got killed in every single major battle after getting a single hit in that took 30% or so of the foe's hp

I love its design but fuck, even my HM slaves in emerald and platinum carried their weight by throwing fast or powerful strengths while tossing someone a revive before dying, you're just a failure.

I thought golisopod was going to be the useless one, but that leech life TM does wonders for it.
>>
Any good special attackers I can catch after just finishing the 2nd grand trial?

I was gonna go with the sand castle, but a lot of you have aaid it blows. Is Ninetails any good?
>>
>>30194830
>He never got to use Curse Torterra
>>
>>30194640
Chiaotzu?
>>
>>30196050
This.
>>
Lycanrock kind of sucked after i started fighting evolved mons
>>
>>30195721
Yamcha: A-Sandslash
Piccolo: Incineroar
Krillin: Minior
Goku: Bewear
Vegeta: Raichu
Tien: Wishiwashi
>>
>>30194690
>exp share
>balanced
>>
>>30195721
Rowlette Yamcha'd too much and got swapped, same with Incineroar

Arcanine: Tien (Flare Blitz suicide is always best option)
WishiWashi: Krillin
Misdreavous: My closest Yamcha because somehow it got full attack EV's through the main adventure, Became Krillin once she became Mismagius
Mudsdale: Piccolo
Magnezone: Goku
Tsareena is Vegeta because she joined late
>>
>>30195420
>saudi princess
>pure
>virgin

she's being married off to some guys harem you know?
>>
>>30196175
Go back to first Island and pick up a Misdreavous
Magnemite
WishiWashi is fun but low speed+low HP make it a bit more frail than I'd like, and it's movepool is limited.
Alola doesn;t really have many good Special attackers
>>
>>30195144
I've heard Mudsdale does pretty well if you're in need of a Ground type. Haven't used it myself, though.
>>
>>30194177
>>30194635
I don't know, decidueye was very useful for me. I guess it's because my team had terrible synergy, he was faster than half my team because I was only using new stuff, and I didn't have any water types for those pesky ground and rock types.

I love owls though so oh well.

Not really sure I had a yamcha though. at the elite four all of my team were fucking dying while getting the job done. I play on set and my team were in the 40s when i got there, so it felt kind of like everyone was a yamcha at that point. Most of my team being slow attackers didn't go well.
>>
>>30195721
>Goku: Tsareena
>Krillin: A-Raichu
>Yamcha: A-Marowak
>Piccolo: A-Muk
>Tien: Ribombee
>Vegeta: Mudsdale
>>
File: 1469733778871.gif (1MB, 1020x980px) Image search: [Google]
1469733778871.gif
1MB, 1020x980px
>>30194904
>>30194507
Rimbombee and Salazzle are both on my team, and the most useful thing they do is get their turn first, use a status effect, and MAYBE take two hits. If the stars align and I get Toxic + Nasty Plot set-up on Salazzle followed by a Venomshock, but that's only when I can abuse the shoddy AI.

Outside of that, they aren't pulling their weight, especially at the E4. I'm hoping Rimbombee gets better once it learns Quiver Dance but I doubt it at this point.
>>
>>30195721
Tien: Starmie
Gohan: Crobat
Goku: Incineroar
Vegeta: Decidueye
Piccolo: Espeon
Vegeta 2.0: Garchomp
>>
>>30194177
Same :(
>>
>>30196168

Really? My Vikavolt consistently wrecks shit. It's fairly fast so it only gets outsped every so often and even if it does it can take a hit like a champ. Plus it has a pretty diverse move pool and covers a lot of types.
>>
LOL I didn't realize other people had the same problem with a Yamcha in their team

Gen 6: Houndoom. Scrafty too, but it was more like a Krilin

Gen 7: The Pikachu I want to evolve. Considering swapping it for the Magnemite I caught by the school
>>
>>30195721
Piccolo was Wishiwashi
Goku was Mimikyu
Vegeta was Primarina
Tsareena was Gohan
Galisopod was something of a Krilin/Tien hybrid
Vikavolt was Tien
>>
My Crabominable. It's such a shitty pokemon that gets killed almost instantly, even my A-Raichu can take a hit better than it.
>>
File: 454546.png (15KB, 475x314px) Image search: [Google]
454546.png
15KB, 475x314px
>>30196669
>It's fairly fast
No it's not
>>
>>30195721

>Arcanine was Tien
>Salamence was Cell/Frieza
>Lycanroc was Krillin
>Magnezone was Goku
>Slowbro was Piccolo
>Decidueye was Vegeta
>>
>>30194147
i used to have steenee but when she evolves is now op
>>
>>30196812
This bothers me
It's shaped like something that should be fast
Did the designers purposely make every make every new Pokemon slow just to fuck with us?
>>
>>30196930
They wanted to change the speed metagame but instead of nerfing everything else they're making sure no one uses Alolan pokemon once the Bank opens.
>>
>>30196812
If they would have just made his attack and defense 60 and put those points in speed
>>
>>30196930
Fucking this. It feels like all the new pokemon are slow as fuck.
>>
>>30196812

I meant compared to what I am fighting, not in general. Comparing it to everything else it's quite slow. That being said its still my third fastest Pokemon.
>>
File: 1475596591056.jpg (38KB, 344x343px) Image search: [Google]
1475596591056.jpg
38KB, 344x343px
>really excited for rowlet and rockruff line before launch
>they both have done nothing but job the entire game and all my star members are mons i didn't even plan on using until i caught them
>>
>>30196930
I think Game Freak realized they were on a slippery slope and didn't want to accidentally make another Garchomp-tier or Salamence-tier pokemon.

That, and they probably wanted to add some dynamics the whole Speed stat - there aren't many fully-evolved pokemon below 60 base speed that arent some big rock/steel/ground behemoth.
>>
Pichu was my Yamcha

He was Level 18, had fainted so much he was never going to be happy. When i got to one of the cities, Hau had a level 14 Pikachu and I decided fuck this and replaced him with a Grubbin.

Fuck off Pichu. you're the Yamcha, Mudbray is Vegeta and A-Grimer is Goku. That thing's crazy powerful.
>>
>>30196957
I'm gonna use Bewear and Ribombee probably but that's it really. There's one other I think is good but I forgot.
>>
>>30196812
Does Vikavolt at l;east get Gyro Ball or something?

I've got Grubbin as my Electric type right now. (I know he's not Electric yet)
>>
>>30197106

It does not. I have been using Flash Cannon though as a steel move and it seems to work alright. But something to make use of being on the slow side would be nice
>>
>>30196589
actually I'd say the yamcha would be marowak. I was planning on using something like turtonator or oricorio instead, but the thick club did so much damage that I kept marowak. Unfortunately towards the end it didn't really matter because it died to any special attacker, and every physical attacker had a fucking dark type move.
>>
>>30194621
I decided to bring Smeargle along since he's my alltime favorite. He was the load at first but I'd end up sketching some better moves later on from my Shiinotic. He pulled through when it mattered and even stole a few wins at E4 so he felt more like Krillin. Shiinotic was my Yamcha. Routine disapointment and would have been benched if it didnt have spore and even then Smeargle had the speed for it. Serves me right for not catching the right nature but its an in game team.
>>
>>30197035
Rowlett is fine cause nothing around that low level can abuse it's weaknesses as a Grass/Flying

Dartrix was one of the shitiest intermediate starter pokemon I've owned, in over two decades of these games. Even Bayleaf was a better partner in-game than Dartrix. Mediocre stats, really bad typing (pokemon in 20s start getting access to stronger ice, fire, flying moves), horrible move pool.

Decidueye only shines when it gets a lot of good moves coupled with Swords Dance, at least in-game. Using Razor Leaf until it gets Leaf Blade at level 44 was tedious and painful to deal with
>>
>>30194147
vikavolt
>>
>>30197201
Yeha that's just nonsensical from a design stand point.
Gamefreak have never released post launch patches to change movesets have they?
Vikavolt was one of my mons I was looking forward to and frankfully, he seems like ass now.
>>
>>30197201
Well I'm going back to my Pichu then. Least i can have a Psychic/Electric type once he's fully evolved.
>>
>>30197305
move tutors always are on the 3rd games and/or remakes, maybe he can learn something new next year
>>
>>30197345
>3rd game is for switch

fug u gabfreag DDDDD:
>>
>>30194147
I have a Wingull.
it dies a lot

really, my starter is the only thing I have that doesn't get fucked in two hits, I'm under-leveled and none of my pokes have decent defenses anyway

>>30194781
assuming it can take 2 hits, just set up nasty plot and sweep
it's a shame it barely takes two hits, though
>>
>>30194147
I'm around the time after you fought Guzma for the second time and my team consists of Primarina, Charjabug, Lycanroc, Marowak, Bewear, and Skarmory, and really I thought Marowak would be kind of dead weight due to not having the best typing to compliment its good defense and not having access to good physical stab moves (flamecharge fixes his speed, but it's still pretty weak) before lategame. But after "finding" a Thick Club for him to boost his attack stat and remembering he has lightning rod for electric immunity, he helped take care of electric types of which 2 of my members are weak to, thick club made him hit hard, especially with boomerang and his great defence still pulls through even in some cases where there's a type disadvantage. But still if he just had a better movepool through levelling up like being able to learn shadow sneak, or at least be able to learn flame wheel and shadow club upon evolving or after evolving through levelling up, he'd wouldn't be at such a disadvantage.
>>
>>30197305
>>30197339

The thing about this gen though is that a lot of other stuff is also real slow. Which is probably why I am actually seeing success with Vikavolt.

Though mine has Jolly nature which is arguably the worst nature for Vikavolt lol. Quiet or Modest would have been way better, but hey, I guess it's slightly faster right?
>>
>>30196321
It's true this time
>>
>>30194507
I understand your pain
I just found out my Ribombee has literally 0 special defense ivs.
>>
>>30194624
I don't know about you But Lycanroc-Night (and Tsareena) was my MVP

I had to swap Ribombee for a Golisopod at Poni because it had to either OHKO its opponent or faint. It a shame too since it held its weight until that point.
>>
>>30194147
Charjabug until last island, then it evolved and started wrecking shit.
Also why the fuck does Charjabug learn discharge but Vikavolt doesn't? I got a modest hp ice one to boot and now I can't use it in doubles or battle royale.
>>
Closest is Lurantis while playing on Set. Can rarely switch into anything because it dies in 3 hits and takes 2 to kill things.
>>
>>30194147
Minior.

For every time it pulls off a Shell Smash and sweeps half the enemy team, there's another time or two where it misses with Stone Edge or just gets KO'd instantly. There's no way Stone Edge is 80 accuracy.
>>
>>30195721
>Krillain, starring as a Snorlax, though mostly just because I keep using Metronome
>Bagon as Frieza, strong mixxed hitter, still needs training
>Wimpod as Cell who still needs to fucking level up the useless little shit
>Mimikyu as BuuGot her off wondertrade, amazingly strong and nice jolly nature, still wish I knew what her name ment
>Lycanroc as Goku, reliable, strong, strone edge tear through things nice and easy
>Araquanid finally as Gohan, didn't think much of him due to his stats but then played with him on showdown and saw how much damage liquidation does along with those nice sp.defenses
>>
>>30197716
I had a few in addition to this

>brionne with its fucking horrible moveset that consists of nothing but Scald via TM, making it one of the worst starter midforms to use. What kind of fucking pokemon gets Doubleslap at level 33?
>A-Marowak with its no moves because some dumbass gave it its signature move 1 level before Cubone can evolve, making it unobtainable for normal play
>Pikachu being made of cracked glass, an absolute nightmare to evolve from Pichu and incredibly unreliable
>>
My Lycanroc Midnight is a total jobber and it sucks because he's my favorite design on the team. He always just barely fails to kill anything in one shot. The small bit of extra bulk compared to his Midday counterpart doesn't save him from getting two-shot and prevents him from scoring revenge kills on anything fast. I wish I could relearn Counter because then he'd kill at least one thing in a serious fight.
>>
>>30197836
At least Brionne when it evolves to Primarina gets Fairy type, and more TMs it can use: Psychic, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Reflect, and Light Screen. And Moonblast isn't learned that much later if you evolve asap as it only becomes learnt 2 levels later than Brionne.
>>
File: tqUafQH.jpg (72KB, 757x461px) Image search: [Google]
tqUafQH.jpg
72KB, 757x461px
>>30195721

Goku (Torracat)
Rockruff (Cell/Frieza)
Tien (Alakazam)
Piccolo (Trumbeak)
Gohan (Cottonee)

Last spot TBD
>>
File: download-1.jpg (4KB, 144x144px) Image search: [Google]
download-1.jpg
4KB, 144x144px
>>30194147
>Torracat despite being NFE and keeping him like that he has well rounded stars with evolite and good speed compared to most other Pokemon
>Rachiu has nasty plot letting it OK afterwards
>Mudsdale is a godly tank that I turned to rest+ sleep talk
>Lyranroc midday is able to out speed and ok most things and even beat type null/siivaly
>Golispod is able to have dual prioty and heal with leech life . About to get a physical water attack

>Than her . Can't ok anything past the 2nd trial . Finally evolved it after entering guzma's hide out still to frail to tank. Best thing it did was spam leech . fairy wind til level 50
>>
>>30198151
Once it evolved it was at least alright, but that was probably one of the most unfun midforms i've ever had to sit through. Seriously, Encore? Sing? Doubleslap? Doubleslap is something that pokemon start with, not learned around the same level some pokemon learn Earthquake
>>
>>30195721
Incineroar - Tien
Raichu - Krillin
Ribombee - Yamcha
Lycanroc - Vegeta
Bewear - Piccolo
Tsareena - Goku
Golisopod - Piccolo again
>>
>>30194692
>That entire team
Holy shit you have good taste
>>
Gastoliopod is pulls through on every single fight. But sadly the worst mon I have Is crabrawler. Can't bear to get rid of him though because he was the 2nd mon I decided I would use
>>
>>30195721
Wishiwashi was Krillin
Minior was Tien
Decidueye was Piccolo
Snorlax was Vegeta
Mimikyu was Goku
Crobat was Gohan
>>
>>30195721
Goku (Incineroar)
Vegeta (Decidueye)
Hercule (Gengar)
Tien (Muk)
Yamcha (Primarina)
Piccolo/Buu (Zygarde)
>>
>>30195265
I've gotten some good mileage out of Persian personally
>>
>>30195721
Goku: Primarina and Bewear (think like Skarmbliss lite, but actual decent offensive stats)

Vegeta: Charjabug (early game, especially with Wishiwashi and Lurantis) Lycanroc (later game, thanks to getting rock slide and having the highest speed out of my team)

Piccolo: Skarmory. He just needs better offensive attacks like drill peck, brave bird, or iron head of which he can't get outside of Dexnav or egg moves. Still he was absolutely a beast and virtually mandatory to bring when fighting Mimikyu.

Krillin: Marowak (Mainly for missing boomerang in a lot of cases where it mattered)
>>
>>30194147
Crabominable, waited so long to get him and he gets shit on every battle.
I should have taken the mankey I caught right after the crabrawler instead.
>>
>Gen 1
Hitmonlee
>Gen 2
Togetic w/o metronome (I'm still a stupid kid at the time)
>Gen 3
Absol
>Gen 4
Nothing really Platinum has a god tier Pokédex
For Diamond Rapidash
>Gen 5
Unfeazant WORST REGION BIRD
>Gen 6
Chesnaught in the main game
>Gen 7
Goliosopod because cathing Mareanie is a bitch so far
>>
>>30198203
>than her
>>
>>30195721
>Goku
Mimikyu
>Vegeta
Dugtrio
>Gohan
Toxapex
>Gohan 2.0
Toucannon
>Piccolo
Salazzle
>Tien
Decidueye
>>
I wouldn't say I have a Yamcha, but Palossand is definitely my Krillin. It gets a lot of stuff done but dies way too often
>>
I love the guy but damn he sucks.
>>
>>30194177
Decidueye was my best Pokemon and everyone I had was great. You probably got screwed on IVs
>>
>>30195721
Goku: Incineroar. MVP as fuck, pretty much only had problems with fairies and Totem Wishiwashi
Vegeta: Bewear. the amount of times I brought this thing out only for it to get hit with a fighting move and then just fucking murder something with Brick Break or Hammer Arm, hoo boy.
Piccolo: Alolan Muk. I have never been disappointed by its performance.
Gohan: Araquanid. I knew it had the nice ability, but I wasn't expecting it to be that good.
Krillin: Pallosand. For something so bulky it sure fucking died a lot.
Frieza: Ribombee. I picked it up for the one person that needed a cutiefly, and I figured I needed a Fairy type and a special attacker so I went with it, and then it evolved, learned Pollen Puff and just fucking shredded things. And then it got Quiver Dance and he (yeah my ribombee is male, which in a way makes him more like Frieza) just fucking murdered the second Lusamine fight.
>>
>>30198151
>having a starter be an investment
>>
>>30199675
Pangoro should be useful in main game. He learns several kinds of punches and his ability is great for punching, so he should be a hard-hitting coverage phys with good HP
>>
File: images (2).jpg (16KB, 449x328px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
16KB, 449x328px
>>30194147
You sure you didn't just use him wrong? My Adamant Dugtrio never fainted,btfo Clefable, Magnezone and Mismagius. I never expect him to be that good. Sucker punch, Stone edge, Iron head and Earthquake nearly cover all type. His speed and attack is montrous too.
My Yamcha is probably Pangoro though. Many fast Ghost and Psychic enemy in this game has Dazzling gleam/ Focus blast which kill him in one hit. I 'm going to replace him with Icicle crash Weavile now, as Tsareena already covered the fighting type move with HJK.
>>
>>30194177
I feel like I'm one of the few people that found it useful. In fact, my girl hit her stride as a Decidueye. Sucker Punch/Spirit Shackle/Leaf Blade/ Bravest Bird (Replaced Synthesis at the last minute) destroyed most things
>>
>>30194424
This. It's even worse because when you evolve it, now it's weak to most of the E4 and loses it's resistance to Olivia, which sucks, because that comes in goddamn handy
>>
File: Nekkoala and Iwanko.png (135KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Nekkoala and Iwanko.png
135KB, 600x600px
Komala. Maybe because it was modest. Maybe it's because it was 5 levels under, maybe because it was on a team of wholly physical attackers.

Whatever the case, outside of using it as death fodder and firing off a sucker punch, I never found any use for it
>>
>>30195721
Dartrix: Piccolo
Charjabug: Tien
Grimer: Frieza
Araquanid: Vegeta
Bewear: Goku
Minior: Krillin
>>
>gen where ghosts are prominent
>gen where there's a ghost type starter
>same gen where every fucking pokemon has crunch, sucker punch, or pursuit.
>gen where fighting types would clean up
>only fighting types are a slow as fuck crab, a sumo wrestler or a pokemon that can't even fully evolve unless you trade it.

Why is Alola so rife with evil? where's the JUSTICE?
>>
>>30194147
both my haunter and kadabra became yamchas because i have no friends to help me evolve them
>>
>>30195721
>Yamcha
Komala
>Krillin
Crabominable
>Goku
Decidueye or Mudsdale
>Vegeta
Muk
>Piccolo
Lycanoc
>Gohan
Mudsdale
>Hercule
Komala
>Cell
Crabrawler/Crabominable
>Buu
None
>>
>>30201855
What about Bewear?
>>
>>30201911
more like Berare.

you have a point. I didn't think about it when making that post, mostly because IT'S A FUCKING TEDDY BEAR THAT MAULS PEOPLE.
>>
>>30194147
dugtrio is frail as all hell but i cant let it go because of that beautiful hair. fuck.
>>
>>30194147
The last two generations that was Emolga. I love that little fucker and I amped him up as best I could with perfect IVs, the strongest moveset I could get on him, EV trained to outspeed everything it possibly could and hit them with Electro Ball (which is stronger the faster you are) and putting him at the head of the team so he'd come out first and be able to hit hard and fast. All it took was one fake out flinch and a switch out and he was doomed. It made me so mad, because he's such a cool little bro.

This gen is probably gonna be Togedemaru because I love it just as much. I'm worried that Rhibombee will be a yamcha too, but I'm holding out hope, because it's stats and movepool look damn decent.
>>
That fighting/dragon got its ass blown out more than anything else on my team. Still a good monster though.
>>
>>30194147
rimbombee and salazzle, not so much now though
a-muk is the opposite
>>
>>30194177
Nice dubs. But I'm gonna assume you had a shit nature. Cuz mine is rocking.
>>
>>30194147
My Formantis
>>
File: download(347).png (328KB, 800x445px) Image search: [Google]
download(347).png
328KB, 800x445px
>>30194147
Pic related and Topu fucking koko

I swear. For a legendary I always found myself reviving him after every elite 4 battle post-game.
>>
>>30202159
get gud
>>
>>30194147
got ko'd by a lana's lvl 26 shellder at lvl 43 from icicle spear, its just so frail and that wouldnt be a problem if it had bare minimum base 85 speed instead of fucking 45
>>
You know, despite saying i had a main team earlier and stuff, I'm probably going to have to make a brand new completely specialized and EV trained, possibly hyper trained if I can level grind that high, team for the battle tree.
>>
File: 1e0.gif (349KB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
1e0.gif
349KB, 350x233px
>>30202380
I am one of the top ranking VGC players in the U.S and have a smogon OU elo in the 1900's. I am already better and outclass you in every way, shape and form. You can not even compare to me. You do not even have the right to talk to me, you shit stained low elo plebiscite. Go back to your pathetic Battle Spot and circle jerk with the other shit tier literal who's.
>>
>>30202380
>>30202786
hello police, I'm calling to report a murder
>>
>>30195721
>Goku
Bewear

>Yamcha
Sandygast, now gone. Forever.

>Vegeta
Wishiwashi

>Piccolo
Incineroar

>Tien
Epseon

>Gohan
Dhelmise

>Cell
Charjabug
>>
File: image_63.jpg (48KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image_63.jpg
48KB, 500x375px
1) My Steenee before evolving
2) Golisopod
3) Alolan Grimer/Muk (both of them fucked)
the last two were actually both in one spot, I had 5 absolutes for my team the entire game but I couldn't decide on the last one
I switched it from
grimer -> vulpix -> mimikyu -> golisopod
just for my last slot because not having a full team triggered me (side note: all of them were shit)
now that I beat it my last slot is a buzzwole which is 10/10
>>
>>30195721
>Ribombee is Goku
>Lycanroc (day) is Vegeta
>Mimikyu is Tien
>Incineroar is Piccolo
>I want Minior to be my Krillin, but realistically it's Hercule
>Zygarde 10% is Buu
>>
>>30202786
>smogon
Kek
>>
>>30202786
Yeah? Well, I have a job and have had sex with a woman before.
>>
>>30194177
no no no no no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO DELETE THIS! BASED ROBIN ROOT IS THE NEW GRENINJA!!!!
>>
>>30195721
Dartrix: Yamcha
Trumbeak: Krillin
Deino: Tien
Araquanid: Goku/Gohan
Cutiefly: Vegeta
Crabrawler: Piccolo
Salandit: Cell
>>
>>30203050
gay
>>
>>30195721
Yamcha = Lycanroc
Krillin = Kommo-o
Piccolo = Pelipper
Tien = Ninetales
Goku = Vikavolt
Gohan = Minior
Hercule = Lurantis
Vegeta = Incineroar
>>
File: 1469007765273.jpg (93KB, 937x1170px) Image search: [Google]
1469007765273.jpg
93KB, 937x1170px
>>30203050
Wow anon that makes you so unique. No one in the history of man has ever done that and it must be the hardest feat one could accomplish. You must be some 6'2" >12% body fat CHAD in real life. And you browse /vp/ too? I believe you dude! You can tell NO LIE!
Fuck outta here boi
>>
File: 1473428014462.jpg (37KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
1473428014462.jpg
37KB, 400x320px
>>30202786
yet you seem to fail at the story mode of a game for first graders

why do you think that is?
>>
>>30194428
I at least used beheeyem and Aurorus, and while sure they're shitmons, both were absolute bros in game. I think you might just be really bad. At the very least XY were piss easy, so if your Aurorus wasn't pulling its weight with freeze dry, thunderbolt, and literally whatever else as filler then you did something wrong.
>>
File: police.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
police.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
>>30202786
I just witnessed a murder
>>
>>30194147
Zygarde 10% and Espeon equally, whoch is saying something because Archeops, Vikavolt, Golisopod, and Moon Dog pulled their weight easily.
>>
>>30197106
The agility meme strategy does actually work, but before that Eviolite Charjbug is decently tanky enough to last you through the game.
>>
Dugtrio was my Yamcha and ended up being rotated out. He was great early but just fell off.

Primarina was definitely Piccolo, Lycanroc-Night and Golisopod ended up being my Goku and Vegeta, and A-Raichu ended up being my Tien by sheer virtue of me being impatient and not learning Thunderbolt before evolving, leaving it with Volt Tackle as it's sole STAB.

Oh, and Muk ended up being my Gohan. Bastard is surprisingly tanky.
>>
Wild Alolan Raticates basically shit on anything weak to dark for the whole game.
>>
>>30194507
>he
>>
That was my Passimian. I loved this things design and though, "Hell, wynaut."

It had a good Attack stat, but never seemed to hit that hard. Meh speed. Poor def. Plus all he was good for was Brick Breaking. Just didn't seem worth it. Replaced him with a brand new shiny Electabuzz. Literally. I found a shiny Elekid who was shitting out damage and swapped him.
>>
>>30201855
>Forgetting about Bewear and the Mosquito that skipped leg day

Unfortunate Buzzwole is post game but not much in-game can threaten Bewear.
>>
>>30196218
fuck no chiaotzu died and did shit all
>>
>>30194640
There's a Volt Tackle tutor?
>>
>>30194147
The unfortunate instance of Alolan Exeggutor, for being my guard against Fighting-Types it does a shit job at it
>>
>>30195721
For XY:
>Blastoise = Goku
>Delphox = Vegeta
>Aegislash = Piccolo
>Abomasnow = Gohan
>Farfetch'd = Krillin
>Pikachu = Yamcha
>>
I'm pretty sure if you sneezed on Day Lycanroc, it would faint.
>>
>>30194830
Torterra and Sceptile are beasts in-game.
>>
>>30195721
I didn't play SM yet, so:
>Greninja - Goku
>Mamoswine - Krillin
>Toxicroak - Tien
>Sliggoo - Hercule
>Hawlucha - Vegeta
>Gardevoir - Piccolo
>>
>>30205029
Yes. The person in Konikoni town who gives you the Pikachium Z
>>
>>30195721
Yamcha: Oranguru
Tien: Salazzle
Goku: Decidueye
Vegeta: Tsareena
Piccolo: Electric Oricorio
Hercule: Lycanroc Day
>>
>>30195721
Yamcha: A-Raichu
Krillin:Golisopod
Tien:Decidueye
Goku:Muk
Vegeta:Kommo-o
Piccolo:Mimikyu
>>
>>30194147
Golisiopod even after all the trouble I went through to get an adamant nature.

Lycanroc was seriously disappointingly easy to kill for a rock type too. I hated training those two because it felt like they were made of glass.

My most reliable pokemon was easily Tsareena. She could take hits, she nearly always moved first even without her ability, and she wrecked nearly everything in two hits max. Queenly Majesty was just the icing on the cake. Easily my favorite new Pokemon in battle, and I haven't said that about a grass type in a long time.
>>
This thread is confusing. So many people complaining about Pokemon who've been stomping everything in my game.
Do you just constantly switch your Pokemon into supereffective attacks and then complain when it faints?
The only thing that hasn't pulled its weight for me was a pichu I caught early on. Even with level and type advantage, he got rocked. Still, if I'd held out and evolved him in sure he would've been worthwhile eventually.
>>
>>30195721
Yamcha: Komala. I loved the design but it was truly, truly awful.
Krillin: Ribombee. Really good stats but dies all the fucking time
Tien: Alola Exeggcutor. It hits really hard but always dies
Goku: Probably Lycanroc-S. He's my strongest and consistently has done well with Z-Howl.
Vegeta: Passimian. Seriously, he's been consistently great just had trouble with 4 slot syndrome.
Piccolo: Alola Ninetails
Hercule: Didn't catch it but...Inciniroar. Carried it to League, disappointed the entire way.
>>
>>30194147
Goku - Mimikyu
Vegeta - Muk
Piccolo - Lurantis
Krillin - Torracat
Tien - Mudsdale (probably would be much higher if it had stamina)
Yamcha - Rockruff/Lycanroc day (only evolved it right before the E4, and it was still Yamcha tier in the E4)
>>
>>30195721
Yahmcha: Alolan Raichu
Krillen: Decidueye
Tien: Lycanroc (good doggy form)
Goku: Mimikyu
Vegeta: Lycanroc
Piccolo: Bewear
Gohan: Mimikyu
Hercule: Alolan Raichu

I never got around to catching a 6th member since I was saving it for Null
>>
My Ribombee for a short time, though Ribombee redeemed itself quickly. My Hariyama sucked though.
>>
File: 1434685104711.jpg (51KB, 480x410px) Image search: [Google]
1434685104711.jpg
51KB, 480x410px
My entire team, I only pulled through the main game at all by PKHeXing everyone to level 100
>tfw all your favorite designs are absolutely worthless even in the main game
>tfw constantly shafted in stat/nature rolls
>>
>>30195721
For XY
Yamcha: Blastoise, SO disappointed in it, I had to go Mega all the timrme just to so damage, it's just not anymore the beast I knew
Tien: Scraffty, Head Smash was a god send, but always got KO's in the process
Goku: Roserade, basically a beast all around, it even held itself while it was a Budew
Vegeta: Sylveon, Fairy type is just to good
Piccolo: Delphox
Buu: Scizor, I actually got one in WT like after beating the first gym, always my nuke button when I needed it.
>>
>>30195721
>Metagross was Goku
>Minior was Vegeta
>Toxapex was Piccolo
>Tsareena was Gohan
>Snorlax was Hercule
>Primarina was Tien
Snorlax was great early on, but eventually got fucked over by all the physical attackers later in the game and couldn't keep up.
>>
>>30195721
Yamcha: Literally anything that evolves via happiness evo, especially Pichu
Krillin: Minior, if it's not outspeeding and using Shell Smash so it gets fucked the same turn, it's missing Stone Edge.
Tien: Gastrodon. Gets the burn with Scald on the enemy's deadliest mon, but usually dies soon after
Goku: Mimikyu, i'm so happy it's so good.
Piccolo: Gastrodon. Gets the burns i need, tanks hits i need tanked.
Hercule: Lurantis. It's not terrible but it's so fucking slow, why is it so slow?
Gohan: Ribombee big time, Pollen Puff hits like a truck.
>>
>>30194147

Nobody for the longest time. But I'm going through Vast Poni Canyon and my Crabrawler is really starting to Yamcha at the moment.
>>
>>30195721
Trial Team: Decidueye, Ripombee, Salazzle, Mudsdale, Wishiwashi, Magnezone/Kommo-o
Post Game Team: Decidueye, Mudsdale, Magnezone, Kommo-o, Mimikyu, Tapu Lele
Goku: Mudsdale and Tapu Lele in postgame
Vegeta: Kommo-o and Magnezone who filled in for him the first half of the game
Piccolo: Ripombee and Salazzle, Mimiku in postgame
Tien: Decidueye
Cell: Wishiwashi. God damn did it suck once NPC pokemon started evolving. It got better once I got better tms, and it became a world destroyer once I realized it had godly luck with quick claw
>>
>>30194147
Trumbeak. Cutiefly, too.
>>
>>30195721
>decidueye was launch
>toucanon was tien
>butterfree was yamcha
>magnezone was gohan
>vaporeon was piccolo
>umbreon was krillen
>>
>>30194147
Alolan Exeggutor.
Got a huge Water type weakness so I thought I would've fix it with him, but he could literally never OHKO anything with Leaf Storm and because he was so slow anything would 2HKO him next with a neutral move. He got destroyed by all the Water and Ground types of the game before they even started carrying Ice Beam, then it became a massacre.
>>
>>30195721
Incineroar - Tien
Toucannon - Goku
Shiinotic - Piccolo
Mimikyu - Yamcha
Zygarde 10% - Hercule
Lunala - Buu/Vegeta
>>
>>30195721
>Yamcha
A-Dugtrio, got fucked by just about everything
>Piccolo
Hariyama
>Goku
Magnezone. When thunder hit, it killed, and it barely took any damage from most physical moves.
>Gohan
Araquanid. I fucked up getting Wimpod, and Araquanid was a fucking great replacement.
>Krillin
Salazzle. I wasn't aware how much shit had ground moves.
>Vegeta
Decidueye. I dunno, just kinda mediocre.
>>
File: 1472609644575.jpg (45KB, 460x400px) Image search: [Google]
1472609644575.jpg
45KB, 460x400px
>>30194147
Back in X I had a Chesnaught that I was originally going to name Yamcha, then I thought about it in my head for a minute.
>do I want a Yamcha on my team?
>do I name it something else?
Ended up naming it Yomeshaw, but the fucker still fainted 9 times out of 10
>>
fomantis has zero defense and hp holy shit it almost gets OHKOd with water moves
>>
File: 1478745991540.gif (2MB, 456x240px) Image search: [Google]
1478745991540.gif
2MB, 456x240px
>>30195721
Goku: Dhelmise (The Steelworker ability with Anchor Shot saved me many times)
Vegeta: Araquanid (Came in when needed, Infestation and Lunge/Liquidation was useful)
Piccolo: Palossand (Did his job, carried me through a few elite four members)
Gohan: Crabominable (Say what you want, but this fucker was great. Even just having 2/3 hearts of affection he clutched out 4 times in a row against Kukui while I was busy loading up two other teammates with revives and hyper potions)
Krillin: Decidueye (I like the mon, I really do, but I got the shit end of the stick while trying to use it.)
Tien: Turtonator (It would get it's job done, but drop no sooner than that.)
>>
>>30195721
>Incineroar was Goku
>Haunter was Tien/Frieza
>Alolan Muk was Gohan
>Wishiwashi was Hercule
>Lycanroc was Piccolo
>Zygarde 10% was Buu
>>
>>30194147
My Sharpedo in OR. Dude dishes out strong hits but always falls short of the KO, and is frail enough to get KOed back easily.
>>
>>30195721
Mono-dark team:

Yamcha: Sharpedo. Died in one hit to anything, even neutral attacks.
Krillin: A-Muk. My anti-fairy but was too slow for most other things.
Tien: Sableye. Usually got totem mons low enough for rest of the team to finish.
Goku: Incineroar. Only fainted a couple times in the whole game and was my mvp.
Vegeta: Pangoro. Oneshot anything weak to fighting but not too sturdy.
Gohan: Vullaby. Didn't expect much, but with eviolite it tanked quite a bit.
>>
>>30194147
I was trying to make use of crabrawler but it just can't take a hit
>>
>>30195721
My yamcha was probably salazzle. Just never survived long enough and didn't get enough firepower

Krillin was vikavolt, I gave him good shit but he never paid off much because enemies always got a ton of crits on him

Tien is Mudsdale, tanked so much shit (singlehandedly beat lurantis and castform) and I loved her for it but she rarely survived

Goku was either crabominable or araquanid, fight basically ended cuz of that offense

Vegeta was decidueye

Piccolo was golisopod, reliable but never amazing

Gohan was oricolo, surprisingly powerful with teeter dance, featherdance, and air cutter for the entire first half of the game, got even stronger second half

Hercule was drampa, expected him to be p good but ended up being ass

Didn't have a freiza or a buu
>>
>>30195721
Yamcha: Raichu. Jesus fuck you cannot take a hit.
Gohan: Pelipper, Drizzle + Scald is fantastic and I can't wait until it picks up Hurricane
Vegeta: Tsareena
Gohan with shades of Frieza: Charjabug, swapped it out to give Raichu another shot at Aether Paradise raid so we'll see. Where the fuck is Eviolite I missed it
Frieza: Muk for the longest time.
Goku: Incineroar
Buu: Drampa, even though he was received at level 1 Echoed Voice sweeps are real and Berserk is rad.
>>
>>30194147
Lol my yamcha was definitely my kadabra. My friend was never available to trade to get my alakazam so i slapped eviolite on him.. still got btfo in any and every battle i used him in. Kept him on my team until the end though because i grew attached to my kadabra.

After being able to see ivs i finally realized his ivs were absolute garbage.. his only stat that was above "good" was attack. Lol still love him though.
>>
>>30194147
Vikavolt.

It's too slow to do anything to defend itself that it's almost guaranteed to faint in every battle. At least with Charjabug it could take a better hit with Eviolite.
>>
>>30195721

Goku: Primarina. Spirit bomb is OP
Tien: My underleved bewear.
Vegeta: Palossand. Sandstorm and shore up
Piccolo: Arcanine
Buu: Raichu. Becuase all those clutch friendship saves. And z thunderbolt
Hercule: Solganebby. Stupid useless lion
>>
>>30195721

Not too far yet, but Trumbeak is definitely my Gohan

>caught it mostly because of early regional bird tradition, didn't expect much
>Gets sorta surprised by how useful it is early game, dicking around melemele and peckin' everything
>mfw it learns rock smash fucking nautraly
>mfw it can actually also learn the Brick Break TM on the trial
>mfw it keeps destroying everything

If this keeps up it'll shape up into my Goku

So far Grubbin is my Piccolo, shaping up into a Vegeta
>>
File: what the fuck.jpg (47KB, 439x480px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck.jpg
47KB, 439x480px
>>30213683

And of course I forgot my face
>>
>>30202786

New navy seal copypasta?
>>
>>30194147
Decidueye and Ribombee were both my aces, while Midnight Lycanroc was the closest to being my Yamcha, except Midnight was actually useful.
>>
>>30194177
Tsareena out classes it at every turn.
I boxed it after I got one
>>
File: 1478533981349.png (138KB, 673x393px) Image search: [Google]
1478533981349.png
138KB, 673x393px
>>30194147
Fucking Marowak, man
>slow as fuck, but thats just most Alolamons
>typing isn't great on the physical side, ghost and fire are far better special
>underwhelming attack unless you got the thick club which is rare to find unless you know what you're doing
>Shadow Bone can only be learnt by Alolan Marowak but its one level before it evolves from Cubone meaning it JUST missed out on its only physical ghost move
I still used it but it was just a bit sad
>>
>>30214773
I honestly stopped using mine during the story and picked it back up again post-game. It's just such a powerhouse if used right, and the thick club isn't terrible to get if you just give something thief and SOS chain cubone.
>>
>>30194147
Most of my team could carry their weight somewhat, but I had a Gumshoos I boxed around the 2nd island. That bulk + getting outsped by literally everything made him super dead weight. Toucannon also was kind of shit until it evolved, now it's pretty GOAT.
>>
>>30195721
>Yamcha: Gumshoos
>Krillin: Lycanroc (It hasn't really gotten any decent STAB yet, even with the rock Z power)
>Tien: Generally Salazzle, early on with dat dragon rage 2KOing everything, then toxic giving me the residual damage to take someone down later
>Goku: Probably Mudsdale, doesn't ever die to anything and just kind of destroys everything.
>Vegeta: Decidueye, gave it a scope lens and abused crits until it evolved, then it was kind of decently tanky and could hit pretty alright. Wasn't too slow, either.
>Piccolo: Rhibombee, literally always saved my ass when I needed it and pulled his weight. Was exactly what I needed, when I needed it.
>Gohan: Wishiwashi was just a god for the time I used him. Nothing ever got him below 25% without killing him, and he usually 2 hit literally everything.
>Hercule: Turtonator is hot shit even if he looks pretty badass.
>Cell/Frieza: I'm thinking of backtracking and picking up a wimpod since I don't currently have a water type and Rhibombee is starting to get worse at killing things
>Buu: I haven't used it, but I got one of the roach UB's through Wondertrade so there's that.

This made me realize I've used a lot of pokemon so far in this playthrough
>>
>>30215468
>>Cell/Frieza: I'm thinking of backtracking and picking up a wimpod since I don't currently have a water type and Rhibombee is starting to get worse at killing things
How far are you? You can catch Wimpod on the 4th island so you don't have to backtrack at all.
>>
>>30215631
I'm about to finish up the 3rd island, so I guess I can just wait for that
>>
>>30194507
Fucking this holy shit
Amazing early game, but absolute trash mid or late game. Glad I dumped it for Mimikyu.
>>
Whenever I try to use a Gardevoir on my team it always ends up being the Yamcha. I also used a Chatot in Pearl which while it DID crit OHKO Cynthia's Garchomp, it struggled with everything else.
>>
>>30195151
Care to share your moveset?
>>
>>30194147
BATTERU BONDO FROGGO
>>
Crabominable
>>
>>30194147
Salazzle. She comes out, either kills or dents something, then dies instantly. It was depressing how often this happened desu
>>
>>30195721
>Yamcha
Crabrawler, I love this thing to bits but past the third island it stopped pulling it's weight. If Crabominable survives being 1-shotted and pulls off an Iron Defense it usually gets the job done
>Piccolo
Oranguru, Nasty Plot+Stored Power and later Psychic helped me against Hala and Acerola in the E4
>Krillin
Golisopod, if it doesn't get reduced to Half-HP and hits the Sucker Punch and First Impression it destroys but most of the time it doesn't
>Goku
Incineroar, I can Bulk Up once and then it's just press Flare Blitz to win
>Tien
Drampa, if it can Calm Mind enough and use Hyper Voice its usable but it's Speed usually gets the better of it and it dies
>Virginia
Kommo-o, It can take hits while Dragon Dancing then return them, but it's allergic to fairies
>>
Goku: Mimikyu
Tien: Raichu
Vegeta: Decidueye
Piccolo: Bewear
Gohan: Arcanine (unboxed it late into the game, amazing during battle tree)
Hercule: Gumshoos
>>
>>30194177
Fucking this. Best design and possibly the best starter for fighting and yet still was just holding me back. Wish I'd swapped it now.
>>
>>30220701
t.am this anon

>>30220751
my Decidueye was great, though that might be because of its adamant nature. It even managed to oneshot Lurantis as a Dartix with the help of a specific move/item set up.
>>
File: Courtney sees your dick.gif (3MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Courtney sees your dick.gif
3MB, 500x281px
>>30217279
How do you fuck up using a Gardevoir?
>>
My ninetales failed to do much of anything outside of cleaning up weak foes. Its just too weak and frail - sometimes it would fail to KO on a SE hit.
>>
>>30194177
Was my best Pokemon, don't know what stats or moves your's had but mine saved me plenty.

>>30194147
Sadly my Golispod, I loved that design so it's sad it was rip all the time.
>>
File: 1479975824671.png (460KB, 687x634px) Image search: [Google]
1479975824671.png
460KB, 687x634px
>>30221868
>last mon I need for my team is A-Ninetales
>see this
I still have hope with that typing, can it still get Nasty Plot at least?
>>
My snorlax gets fucked hard
>>
Fucking Incineroar which is sad cuz I love the design. It overall just got KO the minute I sent it out.
>>
>>30222222
>>
>>30208626
>Mimikyu
>Yamcha
The fuck?
>>
crabrawler did nothing but die left and right; dropped it for jangmo-o because crabominable is shit too
>>
>>30222089
different guy, I wouldn't say she's bad, I just wish she could learn psychic
>>
>>30195721
Buu is more of the mon that simply can't die. It gets so close and then it comes back.
>>
>>30194781
I got mine as a pichu and he started carrying once he became a raichu, Spark and Psychic one shot most things even if it doesn't have type advantage.
>>
Anyone's thoughts on A-Muk? I haven't gotten the game yet and want to use it
>>
>>30217671
sludge wave, stone edge, iron head and earthquake with expert belt

not useful against water but still can hold its weight against pretty much anything else because its fast, even fire and grass
>>
>>30223366
amazing, I'm trying to replace him on my team because he's been with me so long, but I can't find anyone to outdo him.

STAB crunch ontop of poison Jab
>>
>>30195551
This tbqh fammalam, sad thing because he looks ballin as fuck
>>
>>30223467
I'm really happy it's good
How hard is it to get? mostly to shiny hunt for it someday
>>
>>30223467
>poison Jab
Gunk Shot all day breh.
>b-but muh accuracy
Doesn't matter, if you're ever in a spot where you absotively posilutely have to hit you can always fire off a delicious 190 BP Acid Downpour on whatever sad sack of shit is unfortunate enough to be in front of you. Besides, Crunch is your reliable STAB with its superior offensive typing, why even use a Poison-type move if you aren't all-in?
>>
>>30223366
It's a fucking monster. Legit one of the best pokemon in the game. Amazing defensive typing plus amazing offensive coverage. Crunch and Gunk Shot leveling up. It's worth the wait for the evolution because it just annihilates everything
>>
Crabrawler was fucking trash the whole game and became even more useless when he evolved.

>>30223366
>Anyone's thoughts on A-Muk? I haven't gotten the game yet and want to use it
Monster. You get eviolite pretty early so your Grimer is good until it evolves.
>>
>>30195721

Playing Sun/Moon Right now

>Yamcha
Pikachu

>Piccolo
Kadabra (Frieza back when he was an Abra)

>Goku
Decidueye

>Vegeta
Crabrawler

>Tien
Lycanroc

>Krillin
Sylveon
>>
>>30195721
Golisopod was my Yajirobe.

God bless for cutting off that tail and running away.
>>
>>30196669
It is not fairly fast .
It is remarkably slow.
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.