[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hope that Breath of Wild is received well so we have a chance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: bow.jpg (60KB, 695x390px) Image search: [Google]
bow.jpg
60KB, 695x390px
I hope that Breath of Wild is received well so we have a chance of an open world Pokemon game.

Pokemon is the perfect game for an open world, why didn't they go that route instead of a shitty, linear story?
>>
You realize that Zelda's success won't change the way Pokemon is structured, right?

Plus a open world Pokemon game would be shit tier. The level scaling and actual puzzles would be gone, and it'd instead be another dumbed down wandering simulator.
>>
>>30190154
Pokemon sun and moon will sell 17-20 million copies. Zelda would be lucky to sell 5-7 million. I don't think gamefreak gives a shot about reviews
>>
>>30190154
>open world
I hate this fucking meme so much
you also want all the regions in?
>>
>>30190180
It wouldn't if done correctly. Heck for me it doesnt need to be an open world but more so be "open ended". One thing they need to do sometime in a future installment is Chrono Trigger/Modern Dragon Quest style encounters in the field. It fits Pokemon almost too perfectly. With that can simultaneously bring back Pokemon following you. Also I dont see what you mean by "puzzles". Pokemon has very little in the form of puzzles compared to something like Zelda. If anything it needs more of them. AT least in important historical/ancient locations.
>>
>>30190180
>actual puzzles would be gone, and it'd instead be another dumbed down wandering simulator.

In SM all you do is go forward and watch cutscenes.

Sorry, but I'd rather have a "wandering simulator" than this.

Also, scale the opponent's levels based on your badges, problem solved.
>>
>>30190345
>Problem solved
>Can no longer find low level pokemons in the wild
>No way to catch first evos
>>
Open world is cancer.
BoTW will probably be awful.
>>
File: Ye8Xo0S.jpg (200KB, 800x1091px) Image search: [Google]
Ye8Xo0S.jpg
200KB, 800x1091px
>>30190248
What's the issue with having all the regions?
>>
>>30190209
SM isn't going to sell more than XY lmfao,it will sell about the same as oras most likely.
>>
>>30190154
>implying GF won't fuck op everything because they're a bunch of incompetent programmers
Yeah, I'll pass.
>>
>>30190890
I'd wager it will sell about as well as XY, maybe slightly better
>>
>>30190940
Doesn't stop Bethesda
>>
>>30190736
It's not cool to want a complete world in 1 game. That's a hipster thought or some shit so now some faggots are trying to distance themselves from the one thing we all want most: all Pokémon and all continents in 1 game.
>>
>>30190726
The first Zelda game was open world, underage faggot.

Also GF has an obsession with turning Pokemon into a story driven JRPG, they won't stop pushing this shit unless a game really tanks, and not even BW low sales was enough to stop them.
>>
>>30190154
open-world games are harder to make than linear ones, and Gamefreak is obviously struggling as it is to put together this piece of shit.
>>
>>30190736
it doesn't work to beggin with, gen 2 was already a shitfest when it came to levels and those were just only 2 regions
>>30191229
and it was always the most facebook shit tier wish, that and following pokemon
>>
>>30190736
Level scaling
>>
>>30191369
Pokemon following you around is great what the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>30191370
There are a multitude of ways of dealing with this.

From scaling to ultra out of the box thinking like removing the leveling entirely and making it so that experience gained only affects evolution and move learning progress. But GF is too incompetent and scared to change anything about the series.
>>
>>30190708
To be fair, there's a few pokemon in the game now where you can't catch their first evos. Gotta breed for them.

You could always have the story be separate from the gyms, and have your opponents scale to either your badge total or story progress, whichever is higher. That way you can choose to either go through whatever JRPG plot gamefreak threw in, do the league challenge, or both.
>>
>>30191370
This was never a problem until now, its being used as argument by people who think it's "cool" to reject what most Pokemon fans have wanted since Hoenn.
>>
>>30191927
That counter has been around forever.

>>30191416
Then explain how stats will work. And pokemon eventually stop learning moves by level up. And everyone will be stuck with the same pokemon the entire game, since even with experience scaling new pokemon won't be able to go toe to toe with mid to end game opponents.
>>
>>30191927
Tell me exactly how every region at once in the same game will NOT have scaling problems? By the time you go through an entire region in nearly every game you end up in the 40-60 level range. By the time you finish the second region you'd be level 100 on all mons. Do you then only fight level 100 Pokemon for the next few regions? It's nonsensical unless they increase exp needed to level exponentially. To the point where you have a level 14 Bulbasaur at the Kanto Pokemon league or some shit.
>>
>>30190345
wrong
>>
>>30190345
It took me 50 hours to complete the main story. You're full of shit or just followed the checkpoints to the finish mindlessly like a dumbass instead of actually exploring, talking to NPCs, battling Trainers and backtracking to old locations now accessible due to your new Pokeride Mons.
>>
>>30190154
>open world
>what is Pokemon Go?
>>
>>30193239
>wrong

Nice argument.

>>30193079
That would require a change in the formula, either in how your earn exp or how the levels works. But don't talk as if such thing would be a problem, change isn't impossible.

>>30193409
>going outside
>>
>>30190209
>>30190890
>>30191047
>Thinking it will sell as well as the other 3ds games when the game was passed around like candy a few days before release and the stars rumor.
>>
>>30191399
now in 3d it would look stupid with a 75% of them, it already looked stupid when you had miniature/giant pokes the same size as the character
>>
>>30193079

Here's a crazy idea: Why not raise the level cap from 100 to something much higher?
>>
>>30191274
If you played the original Zelda when you were 7, you are 36 years old.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.