[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Platinum so god damn good? I've just beaten Sun/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 8yiuh3484734.jpg (987KB, 1540x1382px) Image search: [Google]
8yiuh3484734.jpg
987KB, 1540x1382px
Why is Platinum so god damn good?
I've just beaten Sun/Moon but since I don't really care for postgame, I just picked up a different game to scratch that Pokemon itch. Platinum is such an amazing game.

>great region
>great Pokemon diversity
>good difficulty, Gyms and trainers have been buffed
>that. fucking. OST.

Quality-of-life stuff that newer games have brought aside, will Pokemon ever surpass Platinum?
Also, post OSTs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWIXdXK3mnA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAKZZYNb8YI

And last of all ;_;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y7YVn8nFKo
>>
>>30187854
>great pokemon diversity
>2 fire lines
>1 is the starter
Shill harder
>>
>>30187854
>going back to literally unplayable graphics

Disgusting
>>
>>30187854
Platinum had an some great songs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqBaDX33Eew&t=6s
>>
>>30187973
You're retarded. Platinum dex =/= DP dex.

Stupid fag.
>>
>>30187973
Didn't they fix that in Plat? I remember that in D/P
>>
>>30187973
That's DP, not Platinum
>>
>>30187854
>will Pokemon ever surpass Platinum?
It's called Emerald, BW2 and SM.

Sinnoh was a mess of dead ends, shitty music boring landscapes and convoluted and grandiose plots.
>>
>>30188080
I think they added like two more lines?
>>
>>30187973
>Chimchar line
>Ponyta line
>Houndour line
>Magby line

You're thinking of Diamond/Pearl which had shit distribution of fire types. Platinum fixed a lot of issues from D/P.
>>
>>30188083
>convoluted and grandiose plots.
>SM's main villain is literally just Cyrus but motivated by tentacle sex instead of autism
>>
I actually started playing this again as well. Caught a Rotom. Is it even possible to change his forms now? Don't have the even item.
Guess Nintendo really wants me to hack these games.
>>
>>30188083
You should never play Pokemon for the plot. Every game's plot is shit and don't you deny it. Also the music was some of the best in the series, what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>30187854
>Gen 4
>good

They even fucked up the Battle Frontier in Platinum, lmao.
>>
>>30187854
Fuck I miss the Gen4 meta. It's the first time I ever got into the meta and started EV training and stuff. Fond memories. Such bullshit that they pulled the wi-fi
>>
>>30188208
>Every game's plot is shit and don't you deny it.
Oh yeah I'm not saying otherwise.
I'm just saying nothing has dropped to the level of gen 4's shit. These things don't work in absolutes you know.

As for the music, composition wise its very dull for an adventure.
>>
>>30188239
>we'll never get another BF because of the poor reception of the Plat one
Gen 4 was a mistake.
>>
>>30188408
>we'll never get another BF because GF knows they can do XY-tier postgames going forward and still sell millions

ftfy

btw, did you enjoy seeing Anabel again?
>>
>>30188382
What was so bad about Gen IV specifically?
Gen I and II had mafia gangsters, was alright.
Gen III was about expanding the landmass or the seamass, which is beyond retarded.
Gen V was a giant clusterfuck even though everyone praises it so much. Just another bad guy who wanted to rule everything by using Legendary Pokemon and using N as a tool.
Gen VI I don't even remember man. Make the world more beautiful or something? Team Flare made zero sense at all.
Gen VII was pretty okay. Bit crazy, but not terrible.

I don't see how Gen IV is worse than the others. It's the same "I want a new world" we've had for several Gens now
>>
>>30188447
Seen the redesign but haven't reached that far in the game because Yuro.
I like it though.
>>
The physical/special split was one of the best things about DPPt, I'll forever be grateful for that. That said, I can not replay games older than 4th gen because they don't have that split.
>>
What're the odds of a Diamond/Pearl remake this gen?
>>
>>30188486
Pretty much how much of a nonsensical clusterfuck it was.
Making pokemon literal gods to begin with was a terrible move especially since regular pokeballs had an effect on them. They didn't even think of something similar to the UBs where they aren't technically pokemon and require a ball of their own for capture when they already established the red chain. They could have said something like "we were experimenting various methods of capture and invented the infiniball which utilizes the powers of the pixies" or something.

Speaking of the Gods, jus a minor thing GF made the gresious orb completely unobtainable in HGSS outside of the Arceus event.
Then there's Cyrus his whole reasoning is destroying and remaking the universe in his own image because he doesn't understand spirit. That's the single worst motivation for any villain. The only one that challenges him in terms of ridiculous reasons is Archie both versions of him.
The rest of the characters were devoid of emotion and personality with the exception of Gardenia and I say that with generosity because the only thing she had was her fear of ghosts.
I could go on and on but you get the picture.

Not to mention its a complete rehash of RSE in terms of progression right down to the legendary battle occurring before the last gym.
>>
>>30187973
retard
>>
I was bitching about this yesterday,
but did anyone else trade for the medicham for haunter? I pissed when I found out she gave it an everstone
>>
File: tard meet tard.png (72KB, 210x243px) Image search: [Google]
tard meet tard.png
72KB, 210x243px
>>30187854
>having an itch for Pokemon
>hates post game
Platinum is fine aside from being slower than the DMV line on a hot day.
>>
>>30189028
>autism is poor motivation
someone's a fucking retard

also
>its a complete rehash of RSE in terms of progression
so's gsc and nearly every other game bar fucking RBY/FRLG i guess
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.