[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we take a moment to talk about the overall quality of character/Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: PokemonSM.png (423KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
PokemonSM.png
423KB, 800x480px
Can we take a moment to talk about the overall quality of character/Pokemon Models in this generation and how they're much nicer than they have any right to be, especially when scaled up.

The textures and whatnot are fairly low-res which makes sense given you're suppose to be looking at a tiny screen from a distance, but I am constantly surprised by how nice this game looks for a handheld.

Maybe I just underestimate the 3DS. I could see this looking fantastic on Switch with some textures much better suited to the quality of the models.
>>
better than 6 with the washed out colors and super zoomed in pixels
>>
>>30181116
What you're seeing is what the Switch game is going to look like. And it's going to be great.
>>
On top of the higher quality models, the move animations have also been improved.

Maybe someday we'll finally return to Gen 3 Console levels of quality.
>>
>>30181204
I love Passimian's intro and faint animations
>>
>>30181175
Why is everybody so dead set on S/M being on Switch? Does anybody not know how Game Freak works?
>>
>>30181233
The next gen will *probably* be on the switch, if I were a betting man I'd say the next entry won't be (knowing gamefreak).
>>
The Pokemon models are actually fairly high quality if you look at the models. And I am pretty sure the models are scaled down from the original files to fit in the 3DS.

If the game had higher resolution and Pokemon had better textures they would look great.
>>
File: Popplio.png (2MB, 2326x2236px) Image search: [Google]
Popplio.png
2MB, 2326x2236px
Looking at the shader they're using, it definitely seems like they've tried to mimic their art work which has worked surprisingly well.
>>
too bad everything lags to hell when more than 2 pokemon are fighting. everything went to shit when they switched to 3d. better quality sprites would have been more pure
>>
Overworld looks much much nicer than gen 6

Battle models look the same, but that's not a bad thing
>>
The camera work is also much better. The screen is less busy and they zoom in a bit more to frame the new environments better with larger pokemom models in the foreground.

It's basically exactly what I expected - Odd number they make new things that are interesting but a bit flawed, Even number they refine the previously introduced features and its much better.
>>
>>30181274
>he doesn't know
>>
>>30181233
Because there's already rumors (apparently reliable ones) that GameFreak is making a Pokemon game for Switch, and GF doesn't make spinoff games.
>>
The new animations are nice too.
Every Pokemon get a new refresh animation, a walk and run animation. On top of a few others for specific Pokemon.
Also everything that isn't a limb or generic body part is called a Feeler in the Pokemon files.

Its pretty interesting looking at all the Pokemon models.
>>
>>30181490
>That moment the switch version has a trip to see modern day Kanto post game
If only.
>>
>>30181116
The model standard was set with Gen 6, where they were ridiculously high polycount even though it's completely unnecessary. Ditto is the lowest which is still about 2000 triangles. Volcanion (in gen 6 anyways) tops the retardedness at 11,000.

It's futureproofing so they don't have to make new models in future games.
>>
>>30181642
It's pretty impressive and smart if they really are finally going to do console releases.
>>
>>30181663
depends. Look at Volcanion's claws and how many triangles there are. It's complete overkill.
>>
>>30181682
Even on a mainline Nintendo console that would perhaps raise an eyebrow, let alone the 3DS haha.
>>
>>30181642
If you really look at those models you can see that they have been downscale as well.

The models in game are perfectly smoothed yet the models you rip are quite jaggy. So they oblivious have high res models used to generate the normal maps.

Plus if you turn the triangles into quads you can see that a subdivision would perfectly make it have detail without it being overkill.

And then look at stuff from promotional art. They wouldn't remake models for one advert, so they do have pretty high res models in their computers or whatever. I just hope we see them in full detail.
>>
>>30181738
haha wonder what they smell like, haha
>>
>>30181809
The consoles or the eyebrows?
>>
>>30181859
volcanions claws, just for laughs haha
>>
>>30181204
I will want a Colosseum 3 until the day I die
>>
>>30181351
They're going to continue looking the same. Gamefreak attempted to future proof when they did the modelling for X/Y by making them high poly as fuck. We're using these models for a long, long time.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.