[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Dumb shit Gamefreak does. What was the point of making

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6

File: lycanroc.png (267KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
lycanroc.png
267KB, 1024x768px
ITT: Dumb shit Gamefreak does.

What was the point of making Lycanroc evolutions "exclusive" to one version if you can still catch the alternate one in the wild later in the game? Why not just make it a straight day/night evo split like Espeon/Umbreon?
>>
Egg moves.

What I want to know is why the hell one of them is a relatively great Pokemon and the other is fucking absolutely worthless.
>>
>>30181009
Which is which?
>>
Why the fuck is the move relearner at the end of the game and why do Crabominable and Vikavolt have to evolve so fucking late in the game? Who designed this shit?
>>
>>30181048
Yeah I JUST got my vikavolt at I think 43.
>>
>>30181048
The move relearner is the worst offender imo.
Fucking infuriating.
>>
>>30181009
Well, one's signature move is literally "counter", so
>>
Why are most of the new Pokémon so hard to find? That was already dumb in Johto and Kalos.
>>
>>30181043
Daytime form has solid speed and a priority move from one of the best offensive types. It's not incredible but it certainly isn't shabby.

Midnight form is fairly slow despite being a horrible defensive typing and it doesn't even have a true signature move. Counter is used better by many, many other mons and is a gimmick at best in the first place.
>>
>Let's make all our new mons rarer than the old pokemon that players have been using for the last 20 years!

>Let's also make all of them complete ass so that they never get used in any of our tourneys!

>Everything about Pokepelago

>version exclusive clothing

>those fucking dust clouds and bird shadows that follow around, and all the shitmons that ambush you from bushes and trees even with repels

I was also pretty disappointed when I got Steelium Z, because it meant that there wasn't a trial for each type.
>>
>>30181009
>relatively great pokemon
>rock-type whose strongest coverage move is 75 BP and doesn't get a Ground-move
>relatively great

Why does everyone dickride this thing so hard? You think it's Accelrock makes it comparable to Weavile and its Ice Shard, when it's much more similar to Buizel and it's Aqua Jet. Kabutops is better than this fucker but you don't see it climbing out of NU.
>>
>>30181166
>relatively
>>
>No Super Training
>No hordes
>Wild baby Pokemon don't get 3 random perfect IVs anymore
>>
>>30181009

>No Guard Stone Edge and Rock Flinch shenanigans
>Worthless
>>
>>30181231
>>Wild baby Pokemon don't get 3 random perfect IVs anymore
that was a glitch because GF sucks are programming

they made it so every wild pokemon that can't breed has 3 perfect IVs instead of every wild legendary (none of which can breed)

i don't know why they never bothered to patch it until ORAS or why they didn't just keep it, it's not like anyone likes raising baby pokemon and this would've given incentive

>>30181226
but it's not relatively great, it's relatively garbage.
>>
>>30181066
Lucky.
My Charjabug evolved at fucking 50
>>
>>30181242
It can only get off one of those moves IF it outspeeds its opponent. Its four weakeness don't do it any justice either.
>>
>>30181120
The worst offender is Flyium Z. You just FIND it in a fucking cave.

Worst of all, one of the Elite 4 is a Flying user who you NEVER see during the course of the game. If she had been a trial captain and made you play golf or some shit, then you see her as an e4 member, it would have been fine.

But no. Just a literally who tacked in there.
>>
>>30181107
>Day form gets an exclusive stone quick attack
>Night gets counter

WOW
>>
>>30181340
The Ice Z-Crystal is also randomly in a cave at the end of the game.

Also, it's not exactly like E4 members get seen before the end of the game normally. This gen was a particularly special case.
>>
Anyone got a good moveset for fail midnight form?
>>
>>30181340
She's only mentioned off-hand in the bigger hotel with all the other golfers. But yeah.

>Guzma is more or less your bug trial captain, as even though he's not one, he has hoards of bugnium Z on hand in the mansion
>desert area on ula'ula big enough to easily be used for a trial, the psychium is right there to be found
>Steelium is just given to you
>>
>>30181340
I don't mind that she's a literally who, I mind that her color scheme is boring as dick and she looks bland as all hell.
>>
I'm really curious what the fuck was going on with the final trial. After six memorable trials, it's just kind of tacked on and the totem Pokemon doesn't even match the trial captain's type. I wonder if it was a last-minute change of some sort or if Gamefreak was just being lazy.
>>
Gen 7 in general seems to have a lot of useless gimmicks like that

Like, why is wishiwashi's form an ability and not just an evo? It's litterally level based anyways

And like 70% of the alola dex has signature moves or abilities
>>
>>30181545
Which one was that? Too lazy to look it up.
>>
>>30181545
the final trial isn't even necessary since Hapu just challenges you before you enter Poni canyon.
>>
>>30181545
Mina is a Captain with no Trial.
The final Trial never-ever had a Captain.

I don't know why GF didn't just do the logical thing and make the captain match the trial, or why they didn't just include another trial.
>>
>>30181340
The golf lady in E4 threw me for a loop, I thought I missed content somewhere that introduced her.
>>
File: tumblr_lj08zejDVx1qaj5jro1_500.gif (478KB, 500x348px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lj08zejDVx1qaj5jro1_500.gif
478KB, 500x348px
>>30180794
>advertise Yungoos and Rattata as version exclusives
>you can catch both in either game
>>
>>30181548
There is so much they could've done. I don't understand why they gave Mudsdale Not Earthquake when High Horsepower could've more interesting and thematic if it calculated damage with the user's defense instead of it's attack stat. Boom, Stamina and HH became more useful.

>>30181631
They only ever advertised the Normal-typetrial being different in each game. They never said they were version exclusives. I remember some retard saying that Drifblim and Mismagius were confirmed exclusives, though.
>>
>>30181120
>I was also pretty disappointed when I got Steelium Z, because it meant that there wasn't a trial for each type.
Me too, and I would be ok with getting some of them after a quest that isn't a trial (like beating Guzma), not just finding them pretty much randomly. We could get the flying one from Kahlii at any point in the game, maybe after some longer Team Skull section and with her mentioning that she was asked to come back to Alola, foreshadowing her E4 inclusion. Much better than it just lying around.
>>
>>30181668
>High Horsepower is a near-exclusive to Mudsdale
>it's just a slightly weaker earthquake that can miss
>gets earthquake anyways
>>
File: 60049661_p4_master1200.jpg (193KB, 480x552px) Image search: [Google]
60049661_p4_master1200.jpg
193KB, 480x552px
>>30180794
>Olivia probably raised a Rockruff,planning to evolve it in pair with Kukui's.
>His become majestic day-form while hers become crazy-looking night-form instead.
>>
>>30181730
>Create High Horsepower
>give it to Snorlax and Golurk, who didn't want it
>don't give it to Rapidash, who could've used it instead of Drill Run and is actually a horse
>Rapidash is a Gen 1 mon whose horse cock they could've sucked

explain this
>>
>>30181610
You kind of did, NPCs mention her a few times
>>
>>30181814
she's only barely mentioned

>blah blah blah guy who owns this resort is a great golfer!
>also his daughter I guess

You never meet her beforehand.
>>
>>30181548
how is wishiwashi in the meta anyway? tell me it isn't NU
>>
>>30181850
It's not an issue desu, you barely ever see the E4 before you fight them, and after you beat her she gives you the TM for Trick Room.

Nobody complained that they never had a chance to meet Aaron or Shauntal outside of the League
>>
>>30181941
the difference is that this elite 4 is established characters that you had plenty of interaction with beforehand, minus Kahili.

if she was a flying type trial captain then SURE.
>>
>Congratulations, your Abra evolved into Kadabra!
>Kadabra learned Kinesis!
>>
>>30181782
I wish Rapidash was one of the pokeride options, either just a very fast one, or with use related to fire - maybe lowering encounter rate by 50% since some wild pokemon would rather avoid attacking something engulfed in flames, which would make Rapidash the fastest to travel around without using repels. Or jumping up the slopes to show its agility compared to Mudsdale.

Instead we get fucking Machamp that looks ridiculous and is used for just a few 'push the stone' puzzles.
>>
>>30182069
Just take it to the move relea-

Oh yeah it's at the END OF THE FUCKING GAME.
>>
>>30181516
Theres an NPC trade for a poliwhirl holding a waternium Z. What's weird is I took the waternium off of it and now I only see one in my bag even though I didn't even get the poliwhirl until after completing all the trials on island one.

Also, speaking of complaints, there's a lot of blatant cut content, like wela volcano.

>Huge volcano
>One trainer at the base
>Enter cave
>Immediately exit from a cave facing a different cardinal direction at the top of the mountain.
>Healer there congratulates you on making it up to the top
>There's a winding (as winding as you can get in alola) back route down the mountain that can only be accessed from the top because of the ledges

There was clearly a wela volcano cave section of the game that was cut relatively late in the game.
>>
File: 1326100226090.png (67KB, 160x200px) Image search: [Google]
1326100226090.png
67KB, 160x200px
Gen 6 edition:

>decrease all 95 BP moves to 90 BP
>introduce new 95 BP fairy move
>>
>>30181261
>but it's not relatively great, it's relatively garbage.
you're retarded
relative to night form
>>
>>30182262
>Introduce a new mechanic in Mega Evolution
>Only one as of now can actually do it
>None of the Kalos Starters can do it, but Kanto's can
>Remakes of RSE give it to Hoenn's
>>
>>30181782
High Horsepower works for Golurk because STAB.

It does make sense for Rapidash if tale of its hooves are to be believed.
>>
>>30180794
You know, the one thing that annoys me about sun and moon is that it's obvious a lot of the version differences were completely tacked on at the end of development.

NPC's talking about the sunshine when it's clearly night in Moon
Ratacate's trial using Gumshoos' cry
And it was obvious these two were originally day/night evolutions but GF just went 'Uhh actually make them exclusive'. It's just so bizzare.
>>
>>30181730
At least HH's damage isn't halved in Grassy Terrain.
>>
All of the TVs in Alola being tuned to the "Malasada Shilling Channel" 24/7
>>
>>30181231
Sos pokemon is the new way of training ivs
>>
>>30183441
Evs*
>>
File: [MALICE INTENSIFIES].gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
[MALICE INTENSIFIES].gif
2MB, 200x150px
>Leech Life buffed and TM
>Shitty coverage ignores mons that could've used it.
>>
Why does smart strike exist as a TM

There's relatively few things that can even learn it and almost none of them need a 70 BP steel type move
>>
>>30183367
this

i would've been less mad if they just said "we get all our tv stations from unova", since unova at least had shows worth watching
>>
>>30184207
They knew I would make it to the rock battle without any way of hitting rock super effectively other than teaching a steel move to my Scolipede.
>>
>>30184207
I found it incredibly useful for ingame thanks to Tauros learning it.
>>
>>30181730
You do get it like super fucking early though. Like right before the fire trial where it sweeps everything. Would you rather have bulldoze till 44?
>>
>>30181074
Personaly? I love it. It adds rarity to some pokemon that is really needed nowadays.
>>
>>30186291

this, though I'm glad Salandit wasn't among them, finding a female would've been a nightmare
>>
>>30181074
I think they just want you to use the GTS for everything. That's why I'm not even off the second island and I have like half the Ultra Beasts now.
>>
>>30180794
>Daydoggo becomes Normal/Rock with Extremespeed and Sheer Force
>Nightdoggo becomes Dark/Rock with Sucker Punch and Tough Claws

are they fixed?
>>
>>30182175
I sure hope you were saving all those heart scales that you naturally stopped to farm off Luvdiscs.
>>
>have Lusamine combine with ultra beast
>Lusamines final form is not the 6th pokemon

>Voltorb/Electrode doesn't have minimize and growth so it's whole mimic thing actually makes sense
>>
>>30186831
you get 2 every time you go into a restaraunt for a meal
>>
>>30181074
"most"
>>
>>30186843
>Lusamines final form is not the 6th pokemon
I feel like they originally intended for this but realized how fucked up it'd be and didn't go through with it.
>>
>>30187036
I have a feeling the anime is going to have Ash and friends fight Lusamines UB form when they get to it
>>
Friendship cafe on top of being rng getting it and what you can do with it being split between two version can only be once per meal and you can't use it if you're pokemon as max friendship. Whoever the fuck decided to do away with super training needs to kill themselves
>>
>>30181631
They literally never did this
>>
>>30186291
Ok, have rarity for things like the pseudo legendaries or Pokemon like Pikachu, understandable.

But then making it so that every route is full of Pokemon nominally from Kanto while all the fucking natives have a 5% chance of spawning, what?

IMO it's absolutely the biggest flaw of the games that you have to go out of your way to find new pokemon.

This is just begging for all the kids playing the game to end up with a hall of fame team showing the free Snorlax, the Starter, and four Gen 1 pokemon.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.