[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it actually a bad game? I recently finished SMD and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: showposter.jpg (33KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
showposter.jpg
33KB, 300x300px
Is it actually a bad game?

I recently finished SMD and want to try this.
>>
File: bittercold.png (177KB, 377x296px) Image search: [Google]
bittercold.png
177KB, 377x296px
>>30179705
It's bad, especially if you did Super.

>shit story
>legendaries given to you
>only like 100 pokemon in the entire game
>only 5 starter choices
>the final boss is a fucking snowflake that you just hit until it dies
>>
>>30179705
What do you like about PMD games?
If it's plot (and other secondary stuff like the soundtrack), it's good as long as you focus on it and don't get distracted by the lots of flaws it has.
If it's gameplay, then you'll be disappointed. Also it lacks a lot of content.
It has some nice decisions/changes gameplay-wise at least, but they don't actually make the game good, they just makes you wish they also were in Super.
>>
Story wise, not bad
Mechanic wise though, underwhelming
>>
Story was okay.
Game play was nice with the moves leveling thing.
Everything else is stupid save a couple of nice songs.

You should have played it before Super.
>>
>>30180232
Are you sure that's what you mean? GtI's mechanics are the best in the series. Super was a step back in that regard.

>>30180251
>Game play was nice with the moves leveling thing
>Everything else is stupid save a couple of nice songs.
You got it backwards.
>>
>>30180365
But Super is just an extension of Gates?
Gates only introduced the new move leveling system.
Super had that and more stuff like wands and those gem things.

I guess it also had the super move but it was either to OP or worthless depending on the dungeon difficulty.
The removal of hunger also sucked.

That stupid paradise thing was also a complete waist of time.
>>
>>30180473
>But Super is just an extension of Gates?
On some aspects, yeah. But not completely.

>Gates only introduced the new move leveling system.
Wrong.

>Super had that and more stuff like wands and those gem things.
It removed some items that were introduced in GtI and features like mysteriosity.

>That stupid paradise thing was also a complete waist of time.
The concept was good, it could have been better.
>>
Will someone ever make a text speed hack for this? I lost my save and I want to retry but I can't be bothered to read all that dialogue at the start again
>>
>>30180513
I had forgotten the mysterious, that was a nice thing that was forgotten.
The change of team skills to the gems and removal of that silly team move in dungeons was for the best I think.

The paradise was a nice concept but done so badly. Once you realized everything other then reviver and joy farms was not worth the trouble, it just sucked.
>>
>>30180521
Hopefully.
>>
If there is a new game on the switch, what kind of twist are you expecting to see?
>>
>>30182973
Explorers'. Again.
>>
>>30182973
I'm hoping the final boss isn't some non pokemon entity or living incarnation of negativity or anything of the sort. Most especially the latter.
>>
>>30183093
I don't mind another explorer. Just keep away Gti-tier gimmick away from it. pls
>>
>>30183454
>Gti-tier gimmick
What do you mean?
>>
File: omg (2).png (115KB, 268x268px) Image search: [Google]
omg (2).png
115KB, 268x268px
>>30183505
I dunno, anon.

Maybe I'm tinfoiling hard right now, but I got a strong feeling that the Augmented Reality gimmick reduced Gti's difficulty and memory space to make it more introductory to new players and new 3DS gamers
>>
>>30183603
I don't think that's the case. The game clearly needed more development time, that's where most of the flaws come from I think. I was surprised it's easier than the other games (which were already easy) though, but I don't think the augmented reality thing did anything. I don't even think they put actual effort in it.
>>
>>30179705
Good soundtrack, bad game. Play super; better in every regard
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.