[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doest it seem like you are always in a disadvantage in S/M?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: comp.jpg (150KB, 1131x1600px) Image search: [Google]
comp.jpg
150KB, 1131x1600px
Why doest it seem like you are always in a disadvantage in S/M?

No matter if you are 15lvls above the faggots at the elite 4, (and other "strong" trainers)no matter of if you use the same moves that they use, no matter the effectiveness of the attack, you barelly scratch their pokemon meanwhile they one hit kill you.

Do i just suck?

Ive never struggled this much in any other fucking game
>>
>>30176733
Are you using special attacks with a physical attacker or vice versa?
>>
>>30176733
They're EV trained for the first time ever, which means they'll have better stats than you even if you're a few levels higher.
>>
>>30176807
shit dawg
does every ai have ev trained pokemon? or just the cunts in battle tree
>>
>>30176733
The game isn't really that hard. Maybe you're just doing what >>30176757 said
>>
Its great. We finally got a new Pokemon game that isn't extremely easy. Anyway, when I reached the 4th island and the levels jumped on me and I started getting my ass kicked, I just started using Refresh and things worked out eventually.
>>
File: git gud.jpg (27KB, 316x277px) Image search: [Google]
git gud.jpg
27KB, 316x277px
>>30176733
You probably just suck. I ran fucking monotype and only had problems with a trials and the Champ.

As you play through the game, take note of whichever 'mons give you trouble and come up with some way to deal with them. Make sure each of your 'mons has a STAB move for each of its types, plus a coverage and utility move.

Don't just slap a bunch of moves on your 'mons and call it a day, look at what they're good at, play to their strengths and form a strategy. My Drifblim, for example, plays by putting a Toxic on the guy and then using Fly/Phantom Force to stall for time while my Trevenant uses a combination of Leech Seed and Horn Leech to re-heal all but super-effective hits.

Try to synergize between 'mons. For example, Toxapex, Cloyster and Tentacruel learn Toxic Spikes, while Hex and Venoshock shoot up to 130 Base Power if the target is poisoned.
>>
>>30176981
All of the bosses past a certain point have maxed EVs, some random trainers have some too.
>>
File: 1414701722125.jpg (216KB, 1000x584px) Image search: [Google]
1414701722125.jpg
216KB, 1000x584px
>>30176733
This game is the Dark Souls of Pokemon.

I'm playing Set, no items in combat, no grinding, no Exp Share, blind for my first play.

I nearly lost to Salazzle just trying to figure out it's typing. And I blacked out, BLACKED OUT against the electric Trial. I haven't blacked out in years, even in dozens of nuzlockes...

This game is traumatic.
>>
File: 1462843995253.png (880KB, 739x1110px) Image search: [Google]
1462843995253.png
880KB, 739x1110px
>People are unironically having trouble with anything in this game

I don't believe this.
>>
>>30178124
You should try playing it, it's really hard if you don't use all the tools only put in to let 5 year olds breeze through it.

It's made to be slightly challenging to someone with 350% XP and 600% EV's, take that away, and it's insane. Every shitmon in the Alola dex is super slow, so all the NPC's and wild pokemon outspeed you constantly.
>>
>>30178209
Even leaving EXP Share on is fine, so long as you don't go catching every Pokemon. That put me 10-20 levels above my opponents. When I actually subbed out my teams (they hit level 50) and then brought them back for the E4, I was shocked at how much the AI was putting them through the wringer. Even my Incineroar who I never boxed wasn't able to work without heavy support.
>>
>>30178255
I can't speak to being 10-20 levels higher than the opponents... but the AI use abusive strategies. One of the very early random trainers uses a ton of boosting moves then a full restore (What, you thought they were for elite 4?) and you have to fish for crits to beat them.
>>
>>30178315
They were a Veteran, much like the Rich Boy class in RSE (Using a Full Restore on Zigzagoon) some trainers have items to match their character.

My main memories of the E4 is Kukui opening with Stealth Rock to fuck my shit up.
>>
>>30178315
THIS.
Be careful if/when you fight Blue. His Exeggutor will fucking spam Hypnosis, which has 20 fucking PP and never seems to miss.
>>
File: Just a Hawaiian Leaf.gif (3MB, 636x352px) Image search: [Google]
Just a Hawaiian Leaf.gif
3MB, 636x352px
>>30178099
Not posting the Hawaiian facehugger version.
>>
File: Revolver Ocelot.png (38KB, 796x279px) Image search: [Google]
Revolver Ocelot.png
38KB, 796x279px
>>30177475
>>
>>30178209
This is true. With Exp Share off, a Gen 7 only team and no usage of Refresh, I got my ass kicked in places. When I got to the last island I had no choice but to max affection on my party because Kommo-o and Hakamo-o kept uppercutting me into oblivion.
>>
>>30178459
They should make a mon from this. i dont know how it would work but they could have made it an Aloan victreebel maybe
>>
>>30176733
I honestly think you should got gud, I was under leveled with a fairly average team and didn't have a bad time with elite four
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.