[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what did you think of Alola's "League"? Would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: nogym.jpg (207KB, 1875x575px) Image search: [Google]
nogym.jpg
207KB, 1875x575px
So what did you think of Alola's "League"?

Would you like it if future gens tried something different like the Island Challenge instead of the traditional Gym formula? Or were trials a mistake and we should go back to Gyms?
>>
>>30175417
Why didn't the painter girl had her own trail?
>>
>>30175417
i was not looking forward to it, but i was pleasantly surprised
with the exception of kahili all of them had more personality and dialogue than most of the leaders from other gens
>>
I'll be disappointed if we go back to standard gyms next generation. This was nice.
>>
Trials and gyms should be merged. You have to finish a trial to prove you are worthy of battling the captain. Once you've completed each trial and defeated each "captain" you are worthy of battling the "kahuna".

Other gens probably won't have the whole island split but they could assign captains and their kahunas to the different pokedex areas. Like there would be 3 sets of captains and 3 kahunas for the 3 parts of Kalos' pokedex
>>
Not really a fan of Trials. They aren't bad, but I'd much rather just have Gyms.
>>
>>30175426
Wasn't she new? She was also lazy.
>>
>>30176082
Dunno, smells like some unfinished content to me. It feels weird there are only 7 "Gyms" compared to traditional 8 we always had.

Or they're purposefully keeping it off as a Stars bait
>>
>>30175417

Pretty bland

>elite four is mostly rehashed from trial givers

Elite four is supposed to be a secret, this game just felt like reused content: the game.
>>
>>30176231
Nigga this region just started their own league, it's expected to know some of the top trainers on the islands.
>>
>elite four is mostly rehashed from trial givers

And how exactly is this a bad thing? I like that the elite four is mostly familiar faces instead of random people who we never appear outside of their elite four rooms...Like koga and catlin.
>>
>>30176231

It's a plot point the game. They explain how usually after completing the trials you face the kahunas back to back.
>>
>>30175417
They're pretty much just gyms but stretched out. But I like the formula. It's more engaging and really makes it feel like I earned the recognition.
Not a big fan of being Alola's first ever champion but that's just me.
>>
>>30176231
This was cool, you actually got to meet the elite four throughout the story and see character development (except for golf girl I think) how many games before do you never meet an E4 member until you challenge them and all there is to their character is their stupid opener and submission lines
>>
>>30176143
>It feels weird there are only 7 "Gyms"
There's nothing weird about that. The number 7 is everywhere in this game with the 7 generations = 7 colors of the rainbow thing.

And there are 7 "Gym Leaders" INCLUDING Mina, so whether or not she's the result of unfinished content has nothing to do with the number of trials/captains being lower than 8.
>>
>Implying the Po town raid wasn't a trial
>>
>>30175417
I like the trials but I can't see them being in another region. I just hope when gyms return they won't go back to being so easy.
>>
I like the Trials, hope they do something along the same lines for next gen.
I also loved the fact we actually got to know each member of the E4 besides the Flyging girl.
I've never been a fan of most of the past members because most don't do anything besides stay stuck in their rooms.
>>
They still can have trial-like episodes by, idk, being hardworking and do some kind of small episodes with all the Gym Leaders before we face them instead of straight ahead go to them for the challenge? Something like Jasmine but a bit more elaborate.

It's not that hard, fucking GF.
>>
>>30176536
is po town ever "restored" or is it like oot's zora domain? gotta beat the league
>>
>>30176605
Just this. Something to expand the NPC's like how the trials gave an in-depth characterization with the Captains.
>>
>>30175522
I'd love to see a gym that acted like a trial. Fight the leader to prove you're ready for the trial, have battles with wild Pokemon or trainers throughout the trial while doing puzzles and things, and then finish it off with a Totem Pokemon or equivalant at the end.
>>
>>30176231
I really disagree, I think entwining the captains and kahunas and Elite 4 guys all together throughout the plot gave the game some much-needed character.
>>
>>30176715
This. I enjoyed how they expanded upon gen 5 approach to giving the "gym leaders" actual lives outside of their "gyms" instead of following in XY's footsteps.
>>
>>30176615
Nope, the only real change is you get the uniform from a couple grunts in the pokecenter postgame
>>
>>30175417
>only 7 trial captains
>split unevenly across the 4 islands (1-3-2-1)
>Poni's trial captain was irrelevant because you just fight Hapu before you even enter the canyon

Ula'ula's desert should have been a trial since you get the psychic Z crystal there anyways, or do something for Po Town since Guzma just conveniently has a hoard of bugnium Z's.

I mean, Guzma WANTED to be the bug trial captain right
>>
File: fragezeichen.jpg (59KB, 377x561px) Image search: [Google]
fragezeichen.jpg
59KB, 377x561px
what was the komono guy?
can you actually fight him?
>>
>>30176231
>>elite four is mostly rehashed from trial givers
And that's bad because....?

>Elite four is supposed to be a secret
No it isn't, and even if it was, I never liked the idea of the E4 being some guys you know nothing about whose only purpose is to fight.
>>
>>30176782
>He didn't recognize Grimsley
How is your first mainline pokemon game, newfriend? Did you just jump from pokemon go?

And yes, you can fight him in battle tree.
>>
>>30176866
I never played B/W until the end, because it was so boring.
>>
>>30176766
Guzma was actually so butthurt he had his grunts steal every Bugnium Z in the region.
>>
>>30176760
Perfect. I don't know why but I genuinely like that the skull grunts have their own little "paradise". still i'm curious what the town looked liked before they took over
>>
>>30177031
I like the theory that it was where the Royal Family lived.
>>
>>30177031
Po town has a neat name. Po is a part of the spirit in Chinese and sometimes Japanese, and its a ghost town. Po also means dark in Hawaiian, which fits well with Nanu, team skull, and the mood in general. The town probably had something to do with the types beforehand, or just a nice town. It looks like it could've been a nice place beforehand due to the town structure.
>>
>>30175426
She was lazy and pretty much no one actually comes to Pino Island. Every kid in Alola starts the island challenge at 11 but fuck all finish it let alone actually clear a single trial or get to a point where they need to even go to Poni. So Mina spent her time getting high and painting since no one was going to bother coming to Poni unless they were serious and talented, which is a very small pool of people. Her trial is basically just being polite enough to actually show up.
>>
I'm glad we finally have a Dark-type pseudo-gym leader
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.