[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>his trial is hilarious >he looks like such a serious guy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Kiawe_RGB_300dpi.png (277KB, 700x941px) Image search: [Google]
Kiawe_RGB_300dpi.png
277KB, 700x941px
>his trial is hilarious
>he looks like such a serious guy but it seems pretty clear he's just messing with you during his trial
>"Go, my Hiker!"
>you then find out he wants to study dance abroad
>wants to save up money to do so
>ends up being laid off from his part time job

You find out the latter completely optionally and of your own volition but I like that a lot. You go out of your way to find out more about these characters you think you're done with just because you're done their trial. All of these Trial Captains really feel like... actual people. This guy has goals, and he's met with a struggle. Like actual people.
>>
>>30175346
Yeah, the Trial Captains and Kahunas were MUCH better developed than the Gym Leaders and E4 we got in Gen VI. The Flying E4 being the only exception, which oddly makes stand out.
>>
They did a good job of fleshing out the characters this gen.

Really got a kick out of hearing about Gladion's hotel stay and then him telling you to get out when you barge in on him sulking
>>
File: 1430642204719.png (272KB, 448x480px) Image search: [Google]
1430642204719.png
272KB, 448x480px
>the postgame Eevee sidequest
>everyone who used to be part of a band of powerful trainers have moved on and are accepting the coming end of their lives
>the Eevee trainer realises that his time is coming too and asks you for one last fight before letting go as well

SM is pretty heavy
>>
>>30175709
I'd say the Kahunas and Trial Captains are about equal in character depth to Gen 5's Gym Leaders.
>>
>>30175864
Agreed. Still, the Alola E4 has more character than the Unova E4, Kahili aside.
>>
>He's messing with you

Really?I didn't get that impression at all, I thought the humor stemmed from the fact that he was taking himself so seriously when what was going on was so silly. Lana was a total prankster slut though.
>>
>>30176300
>I thought the humor stemmed from the fact that he was taking himself so seriously when what was going on was so silly.
Yeah, someone messing with you doesn't say "B-BUT HOW?"
>>
>>30175737
Yeah that Espeon trainer had me tearing up a bit.
>>
>>30176300
>>30176316
what the actual fuck are you guys talking about?
>Go! My beloved Hiker!
>>
>>30176354
And then there's the Sylveon trainer.
>>
>>30176362
It fits in with his unintentionally goofy and exaggerated nature though
>>
>>30176488
>tfw spent forever searching the island for old ladies to talk to
>finally crack and check a guide, says she's in the steelix boat
>there's no old lady in the steelix boat, talk to everyone anyway
>the little girl

O-oh
>>
>>30175346
He looks Pretty serious in the anime
>>
All the characters are full of personality and have their own story. I mean everyone! except Kahili xD the flying type E4. Also, whoever hates Hau, gtfo, Hau is the vitamin in the whole story, being the polar opposite of Gladion, he makes every moment lighter, I like him, and I ship him with Acerola xD only because they act the same.
>>
>>30176843
hau stop shitposting
>>
>>30175346
I don't think he is messing with you. He really thought the photo-hunt thing is hard and serious.
>>30176362
He treat hiker as his comrade and right-hand man.
>>
>>30175346
Is being Trial Captain just a hobby? or a part-time job? What about being a member of the Elite 4? Do they get a salary form the Pokemon League?
>>
>>30176244
Because the Alola E4 is just "gym leaders" again. Unova E4 was pretty good for a more traditional E4 (compare them to Kahili).
>>
>>30177834
Seems like a job thing. Mellow tells you she has to think about her future because they have to quit once they hit 20.
>>
>>30175864
>I'd say the Kahunas and Trial Captains are about equal in character depth to Gen 5's Gym Leaders

Eh, I highly disagree. Gen V gym leaders were as shallow as the previous ones. The encounters with them before the battle are highly forgettable and don't flesh them out in any way.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.