[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wait... so Lillie is obviously UB01 (Nihilego/Symbiont), and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: ub-group-shot-770x562.png (556KB, 770x562px) Image search: [Google]
ub-group-shot-770x562.png
556KB, 770x562px
Wait... so Lillie is obviously UB01 (Nihilego/Symbiont), and Lusamine is clearly the Moon UB02 (Beauty)… but who is the Sun UB02 (Absorption)?

I'm playing Moon and can't think of what the correspondence would be, since Lusamine is obviously still the antagonist.
>>
me
>>
>>30173517
Masked Royal
>>
>>30173681
oh god no
>>
>>30173517

Lusamine dressed Lillie up to look like UB-01 because she was obsessed with it, so it's the other way around, Lillie looks like UB-01.

Lusamine looking like UB-02 Beauty isn't really explained but it could be assumed that she took on it's appearance to look like it/feel like a UB.

The other UB's aren't meant to look like anyone, they are their own things.
>>
>>30173721
oh fuck, i never even realized that.

Guzzlord is meant to be Guzma, though.
>>
Bumping for theorizing
>>
bamp
>>
>>30173775
What? How? I'd say Xurkitree before anything else.
>>
>>30174345
>Guz
ma
>Guz
zlord
>>
File: u.png (317KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
u.png
317KB, 500x373px
>>30174676
>the English version of a pokemons name means it is related to japanese name in a Japanese game

idiot
>>
>>30174676
Guzzlord is called アクジキング (Akujiking) in Japanese (悪食; akujiki means eating poor/repulsive food, or eating meat in Buddhism)
Necrozma (ネクロズマ) would have been would have been closer to Guzma (グズマ)
>>
>>30174745
what? in english, the character is Guzma, and the pokémon is Guzzlord.

the japanese name of Guzzlord, Akujiking, doesn't seem related though...

still strange
>>
Stop posting spoilers you Baka!!
>>
File: wat.gif (481KB, 500x321px) Image search: [Google]
wat.gif
481KB, 500x321px
>>30174816
Guzma is still guzma in japanese you dolt
>>
>>30174846
i never said it wasn't
>>
File: w966dvtvk6sx.png (490KB, 1010x812px) Image search: [Google]
w966dvtvk6sx.png
490KB, 1010x812px
>>
>>30174889
if you do not realize why i am calling you stupid. you are beyond help
>>
>>30174914
al i'm saying is that it's weird the localization team made the name of the UB guzzlord, which sounds similar to guzma
>>
>>30173775
Guzzlord is Hau.
>>
>>30174903
This doesn't really mean shit anymore aside from the curious decision by gamefreak to have some of the characters somewhat resemble the UBs enough to make you think this was gonna happen.
>>
>>30174816
UB01 PARASITE = ウツロイド (Utsuroid) from 空ろ (utsuro; empty), steroid, and id
UB-01 "Symbiont" = Nihilego from nihilism and ego

UB02 EXPANSION = マッシブーン (Massivoon) from massive and ブーン (buun; Japanese onomatopoiea for the buzzing of a mosquito)
UB-02 "Absorption" = Buzzwole from buzz and swole

UB02 BEAUTY = フェローチェ (Pheroache) from pheromone, cockroach, and feroce (Italian for fierce)
UB-02 "Beauty" = Pheromosa from pheromone and formosa (Italian for shapely)

UB03 LIGHTNING = デジュモク (Denjumoku) from 電磁 (denji; electromagnetic) and 樹木 (jumoku; trees and shrubbery)
UB-03 "Lighting" = Xurkitree from circuitry and tree

UB04 BLASTER = テッカグヤ (Tekkaguya) from 鉄 (tetsu; iron), 鉄火 (tekka; gunfire), and かぐや姫 (Kaguya-hime; Princess Kaguya of the Japanese classic story of The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter)
UB-04 "Blaster" = Celesteela from celestial and steel

UB04 SLASH = カミツルギ (Kamitsurugi) from 紙 (kami; paper), 神 (kami; deity), and 剣 (tsurugi; sword)
UB-04 "Blade" = Kartana from art, charta (Latin for paper), and katana

UB05 GLUTTONY = アクジキング (Akujiking) from 悪食 (akujiki; eating repulsive things) and king
UB-05 "Glutton" = Guzzlord from guzzle and lord
>>
>>30175206
where did Symbiont show up in-game?
>>
>>30175277
Spoilering for OP
UB-01. Code name: “Symbiont.” Yes, I can tell you about Nihilego! Nihilego is a terrifying, parasitic beast that can use humans or Pokémon as hosts. The sightings report a single specimen. Sightings were made in two locations. The Wela Volcano Park...and Diglett’s Tunnel! It seems highly likely that the creature is on the move around Akala Island.

UB-01. Code name: “Symbiont.” Properly known as Nihilego. There have been sightings reported of this beast in Alola’s past. Its most distinctive feature is its parasitic capability. When Nihilego latches on to a host, it does not manipulate its actions directly. Rather it awakens the host’s own capabilities and boosts them to an extreme extent in order to protect itself.
It injects the host with a sort of neurotoxin to achieve this effect. This neurotoxin of Nihilego’s is incredibly stimulating and inspires feelings of extreme excitement and a lack of inhibition in its host. In other words, anything or anyone that a Nihilego latches on to will have its native skills forcibly activated to their fullest extent and will then act as it naturally desires to.
>>
>>30175340
Please forgive me for the most sudden question, but I must ask... is it true that you encountered UB Symbiont?
UB?
Symbiont?
The UBs are the beasts... otherwise known as Ultra Beasts. They are unidentified life-forms that reside in a different world from the one we live in. That Nihilego creature you encountered was one such beast.
Yes, UB-01...Symbiont. I suppose you knew it as Nihilego. The International Police refers to all of the UBs by code names, like Symbiont there. I believe you might recognize it as the Pokémon that the woman Lusamine fused with?
Now that we have cleared that up, please allow me to ask once more. Did you come in contact with Symbiont? That is, with Nihilego?
I did
I beat it
Just as we had thought...
That seems to settle things, Chief.
Listen. Everything that we are about to share with you is highly classified information. We must ask that you keep all that you learn here to yourself. The incident that Ms. Lusamine caused... Symbiont wasn’t the only UB to appear from the Ultra Wormhole that was temporarily opened at that time.
We have confirmed the presence of another Symbiont, other than the one you encountered. And we have received reports of sightings of several other types of UBs... The UBs are dangerous beings whose powers exceed the boundaries and logic of our world. And they were dropped rudely into this world against their own will... We can only expect that they will be extremely wary and combative.
>>
>>30175369
I’m sorry! It is a terrible habit I picked up. But we do have a disaster in the making! Sightings are being reported of another UB-01! It is Symbiont! And the perp has been right here in Akala, right under our very noses!

I trust that you will be careful out there, my young [player]. And one last thing before you go... Madam Wicke finished analyzing all of the data that we gathered on Nihilego, AKA UB Symbiont. If you wish to learn more about that creature, you should speak with Madam Wicke in the Aether Paradise secret labs! Now it is time we get to work. And I’m here if you need to ask me anything!

UB 01: Symbiont Mission Start
UB 02: Absorption The relationship between the two
UB 02: Beauty The relationship between the two
UB 03: Lighting 100kr
UB 04: Blade Faller
UB 04: Blaster Faller
UB 05: Glutton 000
>>
>>30175369
i'm at the E4 now, didn't read it all as i don't want spoilers but i'm guessing this is easily accessible post-game somewhere
>>
Havent played SM yet but can someone explain the Ultra Beasts to me?

In the time leading up to release I thought they werent even meant to be playable, just plot related. But it turns out theyre technically pokemon? Why are they called Ultra Beasts, and why do they look so different than Pokemon design wise? Im not sure how to explain it bit their design language seems so drastically different, they look like theyre from a different game.
>>
>>30175389
Yeah, it's all post-game stuff.
>>
>>30175414
they are pokemons from another dimension.
they are called ultra beast because they have God tier stats for a shitmon.
they look different because they are literally ayy lmaos.
>>
>>30175414
They're Pokémon in the sense that pretty much any animal that's not human is a Pokémon, but they're from another dimension and are thus very different to Pokémon as we understand them. They can be caught in regular Poké Balls, but they don't work that well because they have difficulty reading the UB's genetic code and interpreting it as a Pokémon's. When you go to find the UBs post-game, the Aether Foundation creates special Beast Balls that work better on UBs but not well on regular Pokémon.
>>
>>30175414
They're basically Pokémon from another dimension that get flung in Alola via wormholes. The ones we encounter are apparently very common in the universe they're from.
>>
>>30175496
So theyre basically just psuedo legends with a different design scheme to show theyre foreign? It seemed to me like theyre a new type of monster to catch just labeled as pokemon for franchise sake.
>>
>>30175607
they're labeled as pokémon because that's the only way the in-game characters know how to classify them
>>
>>30175020
it means that they intended an obvious red herring
>>
>>30175340
HS I need more Nihilego in my life. Inject me with your toxins.
>>
>>30175206
Pheromosa is pheromone + hermosa, it's clearly hermosa over formosa since the UB code name is Beauty.
>>
>>30175607
That's pretty much the case.
They aren't pokemon but they're just grouped together for convenience. In game however it's because the people don't know what to call them.
>>
>>30175607
they'll probably create some kind of UB related spin off for the switch
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.