[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>everyone was terrified of raining totem wishiwashi pre release

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

File: 1474623005608.jpg (122KB, 449x442px) Image search: [Google]
1474623005608.jpg
122KB, 449x442px
>everyone was terrified of raining totem wishiwashi pre release
>turned out to be one of the easier ones
>mimikyu and lurantis supposed pushovers, are set to elder god difficulty
>>
>>30172416
Lurantis was pretty easy for me and wishiwashi was the opposite and the only challenging one.
>>
>>30172416
Luantis almost got me because of that castform faggot. Other two were EASY PEASY LEMMON SQUEEZY
>>
>>30172416
I've been seeing a pattern here on /vp/.

It seems that the various battles in general tend to play out differently with every player. Which is great, because that's the way it should be. Whether it was easy or hard, we all have our own stories and experiences, and that's just really nice to have.
>>
>>30172416
Are the Totem Pokemon's IVs and EVs increased or something? My Torracat was the same level as Lurantis, and a Z-Fire Fang only did slightly above half, which it easily Synthesized away anyway.
>>
This entire post is utterly wrong.
>>
difficulty

mimikyu > wishiwashi > salazzle > lurantis > gumshoos > kommo-o*

*note, I used a fairy mon
>>
>>30172677

you forgot Vikavolt
>>
>>30172702
oh yeah

i guess he'd be above lurantis
>>
>>30172416
The problem is that at least as far as /vp/ is concerned, there are certain totem 'mons that are strong and others that are weak on a by-player basis.

It's entirely subjective on which ones are the easiest/hardest because some people don't have the clutch 'mons to carry them such as a getting a Cubone after getting bitch slapped by Salazzle the first time around. Not everyone is going to get wise in order to counter certain totem 'mons, and sometimes you don't get the counter you want in a timely fashion and just wing it.
>>
>>30172677
I used no fairies dragons or psychic mons and I had mild difficulty.
I got him on the second attempt.
>>
>>30172458
>people play games differently, which is nice

No shit?
>>
Lurantis had me on edge the most but Wishiwashi was the only one I ever lost during, it was more black or white whether I'd win or lose though.

All the other Totems were faceroll tier, Makuhita destroyed Gumshoos with Brick Break, Brionne took out Salazzle one shot with Hydro Vortex, don't remember how Mimikyu or Vikavolt went down other than forgetting about Disguise and wasting a Z-Move but doing fine anyways, took out Kommo-O easily with Primarina.
>>
I 1 shot lurantis, mimikyu on the other hand played a bit to rough with 4 of my mons
>>
>>30172416
I originally thought that Totems were going to just summon prevos for the entire fight. I could have never predicted a fucking wild Castform, out of all things.
>>
>>30172416

it depends on their assist. Those are the ones that actually make the battles tough.

For example to totem wishiwashi I fought had an alomola as an ally that constantly heal pulsed him that made the fight way harder than it should have been.

Cast form as an ally to lurantis is something my brother ran into, which he said was very tough.

Also item shenanigans with different berries. But my pokemon had knock off early on in the game is it was never an issue.
>>
>>30172416
I enjoy watching poketubers struggle with totem pokemon. They're so used to pokemon being easy that they lose their minds when getting fucked over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT9qLYPFgoY

skip to 20:10
there's a word for enjoying other people's pain, wish I remembered it because its a great feeling
>>
>>30173181
Schadenfreude
>>
>>30173181
this is unironically funny
>>
>>30173181
>Switches pokemon in such a way that they all take maximum damage instead of simply letting one faint
>Doesn't use pichu's Thunder Wave until 4 pokemon are down.
>No type coverage on his ground horse
>Be told time and time again that the totem pokemon is grass and still brings a ground type with no coverage moves
>Brings a water type to a grass type fight
>Uses Kadabra at all

It's really like he wanted to lose.
>>
Easy: Mimikyu (Talonflame shits all over it), Kommo-o (Every encounter is a Mimikyu OHKO), Salazzle (Anything that Lycanrock shits out will almost always kill it), Gumshoos (Workup. You don't need brick break but it will make this battle easy as fuck, didn't use Brick Break)

Hard: Lurantis (It's easy with A-Vulpix though as Icy Wind hits both targets and reduces speed even further), Wishiwashi (Didn't bother bringing anything to counter it, just lazily used X boosting items)
>>
>>30173635
the 2nd attempt was hilarious
>put pichu in 1st slot to thunderwave
>forgot about the power herb and gets btfo
>decides to get rid of the trumbeak
>castform
>oh hes not a threat
>sunny day
>gets btfo again
>>
File: 1402021137511.jpg (34KB, 625x469px) Image search: [Google]
1402021137511.jpg
34KB, 625x469px
>People actually having trouble in this easy as fuck game
>>
I've been using wingull/magnemite combo and it's been a cakewalk for me (Just defeated Lurantis).
>>
>>30173684
wait i skipped the end. it called a castform that sunny dayed? wow im Actually laughing. this guys awful.
>>
All totem Pokémon are jokes thanks to Curse.
>>
>>30172448
You probably chose Litten.
>>
>>30172416
>all hyped up and intimidated by intense wishiwashi cutscene
>ohko him before he can do a thing

So far fire > grass > normies > water in difficulty for me.
>>
Wishiwashi actually gave me trouble
Lurantis went down like a bitch

The game varies from person to person
Thank you RNG
>>
>>30173778
Wingull in general just seems to be MVP this game. With just the right amount of luck, a good partner, and a decent player behind it, Wingull can nearly solo the entire story.
>>
>>30172727
Someone was being nice anon, no need to be a rancid fuckass
>>
I had more trouble with the ground kahuna than any totem.
>>
>>30173925
I literally only choose popplio, both games.
>>
>>30172416
Actually since everyone picks different teams/movesets, the difficulty can vary greatly for different people.

Also some turn off the EXP share, some overlevel, some skip mostly and end up underleveled even with exp share on.

I had trouble with that wishiwashi, 1/2 my team is water. Lurantis was difficult for me. I trashed mimikyu.

Screw Hau and his Raichu.
>>
I used only Brione:
Killed Ratticate with Fairy voice move
Killed Wishiwashi with +2 Bubblebeam

Lurantis may be problem but I have oricorio for that.
>>
how boned am I if my only fire coverage for to use against lurantis is a salandit I caught on the volcano
>>
>>30175547
You should be alright, especially if you manage to evolve a female into Salazzle. Poison/Fire resists just about everything Lurantis uses. And if it summons a Castform, you can take advantage of it using Sunny Day way more than the Totem.
>>
>>30172416
I would have had trouble with Wishiwashi if the AI hadn't gone retarded. My plan was to use Work Up with Oricorio and then Baton Pass it to someone else. Wishiwashi just kept on using Growl instead of trying to attack, so I ended up having +6 special attack and just destroyed it with Air Cutter.
>>
>>30173181
>Castform? Well, the problem was the bird. I don't care about castform.
>2 mins later
>SUNNY DAY SOLAR BLADE FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

all of my keks
>>
I used castform's sunny day to my advantage while using flame charge. I never had problems with lurantis. Also fire z move works wonders on lurantis
>>
>oh no my pokemon doesnt resist water wishiwashi will rape me with his water attacks
>nope turn into water type my friend
>>
Defense-wise Wishiwashi wasn't hard, it was its offensive combined with the other Wishiwashi that made it difficult. Beat it first try still although I only had Mudbray and Dartrix left.
>>
>>30172702
So shitty it's easy to forget
Still better than kommo-o "walled entirely by mimikyu, barely a problem even without it"
>>
>>30177820
happened for me as well
>Sunny day? Thanks for free damage for my HP fire
>LMAO ONE TURN SOLARBLADES AND FULL HP SYNTHESIS
>LMAO FIRE WEATHER BALL SORRY YOU BROUGHT GRASS INTO THE FIGHT
fuck castform
>>
>>30172416
>tfw all of them were totally HARD for me because I only catched Ledian and Raticate

Playing with the one you love is hard.
>>
File: BAb0Grx.png (4KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
BAb0Grx.png
4KB, 120x120px
>>30172416
>fuck this trial it's getting pretty damn creepy better get it over with and one shot Mimikyu's ass
>forget about his ability
>Mimikyu called his ally pokemon!
>Haunter used Hypnosis!
>Mimikyu used Play Rough!
>>
>>30175353
Just aspredicted. Focus on using moves that hit 2pokemon. That trunbeak spamming stones was annoying though.
>>
>>30172416
I dunno though since I quickly killed Lurantis with a Crobat and just left Castform for later. Had a difficult time with Mimikyu and Vikavolt though
>>
>>30172727
No. It sure would be nice if you could say no shit to this, but /vp/ is generally unable to realize that people are different. Hence the whole 101 threads an hour about how fucking retarded everyone else is for not liking __________ as much as they do.
>>
>>30179873
there are thousands of opinions in the world but all the ones that disagree with me are wrong
>>
Lurantis was the only one I lost to.
After that, I brought my ace, Ribombee, and she pretty much swept house.
>>
>>30172416
Lurantis was hard as fuck because of the 1 turn move bullshit. I OHKO'd mimikyu
>>
>>30173181
Why did he keep reviving his Dartrix instead of his Trumbeak? His Dartrix was getting repeatedly fucked by the summoned Trumbeak while his own Trumbeak did a good amount of damage.
>>
Wishiwashi was hell for my nuzlocke. If it wasn't for encore locking the totem up I'm certain i would have had a game over. Blind run btw.
>>
File: 1468343354382.gif (842KB, 300x340px) Image search: [Google]
1468343354382.gif
842KB, 300x340px
>get to Totem Mimikyu
>use a z move on him
>does nothing
>completely forgot about his ability
>mfw I wasted my z move
>>
>>30178183
>Finally beat Totem Lurantis with my last 'Mon, who is just above half health
>Castform used weather ball
>critical hit
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.