[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hope I'm not the only one who thought these games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 9

File: sunmoon.jpg (300KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
sunmoon.jpg
300KB, 1200x630px
I hope I'm not the only one who thought these games were hard as fuck.
>>
>>30172063
>mfw beat it in 14 hours

Git gud pleb
>>
Just like any other Pokemon game, you can make it as hard or easy as you like.
>>
It's certainly one I wouldn't nuzlocke after playing it normally. Those z moves get annoying.
>>
>>30172063
Laugh at me all you want but even with the Exp share I found myself using a lot of revives throughout, My team didn't have an answer for a few common typing, namely grass and electric.
>>
>tfw my team gets destroyed by fighting type
>no strong counter to most types
>every fight was just an endurance test of my slow ass shitmons with tons of health
>>
I haven't had a hard battle yet except for the third Totem Pokémon (Lurantis). Though some battles did take me by surprise, like Gladion's out of nowhere, immediately followed by whoever else's that I now forget... or the kahuna battle with Nanu.
>>
It's harder than any gen 6 or gen 5 game easily even with the exp share on.
>>
>>30172063
My team keeps getting destroyed in the late game and post game. EVERY. FUCKING. TIME.
>>
>>30172105
It's not a speedrun you retard
taking time to explore, talk to people, etc. is what's comfy
>>
>>30172105
fucking how? 2,5 hours in, 90% of the time were unskippable cutscenes. dropped it for now
>>
>>30172235
it gets much better after the first island, keep playing
remember this is for 10 year olds who have never played the games before
>>
>>30172170
In my entire run, only Hala, Hau and Kukui use Z-moves.
I think the rest using zmoves if you hold z crystal on your pokemon
>>
File: IMG_0109.png (117KB, 680x528px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0109.png
117KB, 680x528px
>>30172063
you're not even trying
>>
>>30172063
You suck lol

These games are as easy as any pokemon game.
>>
>>30172255
ok thanks for the heads up
>>
>>30172235
Stop being so autistic over cutscenes. I don't understand the problem with them
>>
>>30172287
Yeah that too.
>>
>>30172063
The totems were hard and a few of the Villian battles but besides that the average trainers were pleb mode and more of a nuisance than anything. It was way to easy to get over leveled until you neared the end of the story.
>>
Honestly, I think it's just because my team is absolute shit. And under leveled.
>>
>>30172325
Yeah, I mostly just mean a lot of the boss characters.
>>
Want a hardest game?
>start a new game
>go to options
>battle style
>change to "set"
Now you are gonna suffer everytime you switch your pokemon on battle
>>
>>30172358
But I already use set.
>>
>>30172330
Who are you using?

I basically went the whole game with Incineroar+Gen 1 mons and never wiped once.
>>
>>30172374
Kommo-o
Decidueye
Wishiwashi
Vikavolt
Salazzle
Lycanroc(Midday)
>>
>>30172358
This is the only way to play though, this changes nothing.
>>
>>30172397
Also no exp share
>>
>>30172063
Only people that call it easy are autists that lacked the self control to turn off the EXP share. I never blacked out during the main game, but came really close a few times. In post game I've blacked out twice so far.

Pokemon is as easy or as hard as you make it. If you over level of course it'll be easy, and anyone that complains at that point are faggots complaining over their own dumb mistakes
>>
Okay the totems were hard and all but did anyone just feel like dark types are really good through the story line? It felt like no matter what i had Dark type pokemon were fucking me over constantly.

Even my Passimian felt useless some times.
>>
>>30172441
Officer nanu wiped my team in the post game.
>>
>>30172063
Catching a salandit through the SOS and dragon rage spam was tougher than anything I encountered in xy.
Outside of that, nothing has been too challenging yet.
>>
>>30172063
The hardest so far barring hacks and challenge mode. For once I actually felt threatened and surprised once or twice. There were a few fights that almost fucked me up.
>>
>>30172063
I agree. Everybody on here is an asshat about it but this is the hardest Pokemon games I've played
>>
Maybe it's just the unfamiliarity of the structure of these games that makes it hard for some people.
>>
>>30172441
Yes holy shit yes.
Everything runs fucking crunch and sucker punch.
I have over leveled Raichu, A-Marowak, and Pallosand.
They are all so slow they get fucking one shot by most Crunch users.
>>
>>30172397
The biggest problem with your team is that it's all new gen and those pokes are slow as shit. You're taking massive damage at every corner before you even get the chance to attack.
>>
>>30172374
>Gen 1 mons
That's why it's easy for you, my dude.
In gen 7, it is actually true that genwun.
>>
>>30172441
>Monodark run
I love it.
>>
File: 1461469026096.gif (609KB, 262x198px) Image search: [Google]
1461469026096.gif
609KB, 262x198px
I've never used so many potions and revives in a Pokemon game before.
Maybe it's just that the team I chose sucks but I really don't see my 10 years old self beating this game without some intense grinding here and there.
>>
>>30172297
I don't either. Every other game has a shit ton of cutscenes. People complained and wanted more story-driven and they got it, now they complain about that too. Not to mention it's much better seeing movement in a cutscene than still sprites with lines of text at the bottom.
>>
>>30172397
I'm using all the same except for Bewear and Raichu over Kommo-o/Vikavolt. I've never once had a problem so I'm not sure what yours is..
>>
trying to use decidueye is struggling in this game

everything has a powerful dark type move
>>
>>30172928
This
>>
>>30172265
There's challenge trainers around the islands who use z-moves. The bird tamer on route 8 has the flying z-stone on his fearow for example
>>
>>30172928
Get Rowlet, evolves,teach it Acrobatics, evolves into decidueye, no longer gets stab from it :(

If it wasn't for my crobat and inceneroar Id be lost
>>
>>30173016
Yeah, but I think they only uses Z moves if you have a pokemon hold a z crystal. I mean, I play with no using them and Hala was the only Kahuna on using them at the first gran trial. And when I reach the league, only Kiliha and Kukui used a z move
>>
File: how.gif (481KB, 500x321px) Image search: [Google]
how.gif
481KB, 500x321px
>>30172063
>There are people who genuinely have difficulty with Sun and Moon

I mean, it's not as baby-tier as X/Y were, but I genuinely do not see how anyone over the age of 12, let alone 18, could find this hard. Maybe a little challenging if this is the first time you've ever played an RPG of any kind.
>>
>>30173335
Okay I don't think people are having genuine difficulty but they definitely aren't a mindless breeze like some of the games
>>
>>30173335
Sun and Moon, actually feels like the hardest game in the franchise. Why? because until now, all the games are freaking easy. This game add a lot of new things, Totems, SOS battles, Z moves, UBs.
All these changes made me play it in a different way.
I mean, I was to train more than 6 pokemon and even using X items on battles.
Although, must be because I don't overlevel too much and play in battle style set.
>>
>>30173537
So far i think SM is easy. I don't even use Z moves.
>>
>>30173335
The only thing that might be seen as difficult is the totem system but that nothing new, every new system might be/is difficult

Triple and Rotation battles in 5 gen

Sky, hordes and Inverse battles in 6 gen

Outside of that SM is as easy as any other gen
>>
>>30172063
I like how more trainers used items.
That redcard/roar/yawn chucklestones user was fun.
>>
Harder than XY and ORAS, but thats not saying much considering yet again most trainers never have more than 1 pokemon

I had to stop trying to catch pokemon cause I was getting too leveled up.

Unrelated note, any news on the save corruption or screen issue patches?
>>
How is the game even remotely hard?
>Not having to limit your team based on needing specific types to use an HM
>Everyone in the game heals your pokemon.
>Vast range of pokemon to choose from
Those are nice quality of life things, then the games just gets stupid easy after
>Lets you cure any condition after battle without the use of any items
>Remembers the effectiveness of your moves for a pokemon after your first encounter
>Z moves

This game is retard proof. If you think SM is hard, then see the aforementioned remark.
>>
>>30172063
I never lost, but definitely had some ass-clenchingly tight battles. Pretty perfect difficulty honestly though I didn't have near as much trouble with the Elite Four and Champion as I did with Mimikyu.
>>
>>30172063
Nowhere near as hard as proper JRPGs but Mimikyu and Laurantis made me reset
>>
File: 1479925299838.jpg (124KB, 850x1292px) Image search: [Google]
1479925299838.jpg
124KB, 850x1292px
>>30172235
what this anon says. im already turned off.
not to mention how fucking i needed to reset the game to get my starter with the "right" stats(yeah autism but w/e) even that part dragged like hell
>>
Seriously OP?
>>
>>30172847

Same here, I put together a really balanced team for my playthrough and I'm having to switch and throw out healing items constantly....It's refreshing to see the bosses be challenging in a pokemon game.

Those trainers you have to clear the rest of the route to face are also really challenging....that one bitch with 4 sashed Oricorio was actually tough when I ran into her.
>>
true
sitting through to those god awful cutscenes every five minutes was hard as fuck
>>
>>30172063

Nah, they were pretty brutal considering I had exp share and switch mode.

I can't imagine how annoying it must be without those.
>>
>>30175111

>Mimikyu

I thought I was the only one...the other totem pokemon weren't pushovers but that one was the first one to really fuck my team up. I had to toxic it and just stall out while I kept the fucking gengars at bay
>>
>>30175249
not him but i turned off battle animations because shit runs like crap anyway and pretty much just bumrushed the game.

its not like there was much to explore. i just finished it with 15 hours and have no plans to go back those fucking cutscenes killed the game for me
>>
>>30172063
really? maybe my team was just good I guess
>>
>>30176142
easy because i traded over the greninja from the demo which has dark slash that pretty much one shots them all
>>
>>30172063
They're not. You just rushed through the game
>>
>>30172063
I wouldn't call it hard as fuck, but it was definitely a challenge. It was just difficult enough so that it was pretty fun. Probably the most fun I've had in the main campaign of a Pokemon game since Gen 4 in terms of battling.
>>
>>30172187
Same here, had no real Dark or Dragon counters.
>>
I had some trouble with totem wishiwashi and totem lurantis (mostly just because i kept missing attacks on lurantis + synthesis spam) but other than that it wasn't hard

I felt "overleveled" for everything after the Wishiwashi totem fight. After that fight my pokemon were all around level 22/23 and higher level than everything else I fought on the island.

I didn't even have EXP share on, now I've taken to catching random mons and leveling them so I don't get as overleveled.
>>
>>30172063
I turned off EXP share and got slaughtered a few times. Much harder than X and Y, which is surprising desu senpai.
>>
>>30172435
>If you over level of course it'll be easy

I actively tried to avoid overleveling but I still ended up that way.
>>
desu the only time I ever had difficulty was some random ace trainer in lush jungle with a wingull that had air cutter and waterpulse

made me realize my team was all weak to water/flying
>>
>>30179220
Laurantis wiped my team out twice and nearly a third time, I had to grind to beat it. It kept calling Castform and wrecking shit. Totem wishiwashi was a breeze, and so was Salazzle. Gumshoos and Vickavolt were easy af
>>
>>30179223
I think these games were actually balanced around using the exp share. I was right at the level of each trainer and trial with it on and was actually underleveled for the final fight.
>>
>>30172105
>mfw i'm 25 hours in and i'm now going to mallow's trial
>>
>>30174940
>using Z moves
>>
I plan on doing a water type run and got my ass handed to me a few times already. Popplio is pretty good, but the only other thing I have early on is a Wingull, that piece of shit.
>>
>get to the Fighting Kahuna
>"ha, with Cutiefly this is going to be a cakewall"
>his Mankey still does nearly half of my Cutiefly's health with fucking Thief of all things

First time in the Pokemon game I actually used an X Defense just to tank the hits holy fuck
>>
Jesus christ the elite4 is a death sentence on me. I might be blocked because i dont know what the fuck to do. I mean if you didnt level the exact mons you need for end game you are fucked. I cant transfer my old mons,i cant train my mons because the highest lvl mons i can find are lvl 45's. Get the lucky egg? LOL if you didnt get it until the elite 4 kuki doesnt give it to you...im somehow 10 levels over the elite 4 and every member tears me a new hole with moves that arent even super effective.
>>
>>30172063
Nope and I love it, currently at Kiawe's trial and I'm having a hard time getting through the game. Only using gen VII mons (no Alolan forms) and I'm getting my ass kicked here and there.
Rockruff is weak, Trumbeak is weak so far, Cutiefly has low defenses, Mudbray is great actually, that Stamina is amazing but probably useless when there are more special moves in the late game, Dartrix isn't great either and Charjabug finally evolved but will be dropped soon because Vikavolt is unobtainable until 4th island.
>>
>Totem Wishiwashi used Water Gun!
>>
>>30173077
Rowlet doesn't learn Acrobatics.
Neither does Dartrix.
Don't lie kid.
>>
>>30174940
People keep listing zmoves but those things do shit to Totems and bosses.
>>
Reasons why it was hard:
>status spam fucking everywhere
>sos battles dragging shit on forever
>low speed = YOU CANT ESCAPE!
>enemies have fucking ridiculous coverage, if you dont have an airtight lineup youre gonna get fucked without tons of revives and heals
>alolamons are just weak in general

>>30179774
Using zmoves to one shot totems is the easiest way to deal with them before they call reinforcements and start spamming shit.
>>
>>30172063
Mimikyu was the only fight I had genuine difficulty with. The fucking Haunter it called in kept putting my Pokemon to sleep while the Mimikyu dropped their health.

I think two of my Pokemon were fainted and another two were asleep before I finally managed to beat it. It wasn't to the point where I was desperately trying to revive my team while I was on my last Pokemon, but it got me lower than any other fight.
>>
File: 1478705446186.png (413KB, 840x453px) Image search: [Google]
1478705446186.png
413KB, 840x453px
Nah the game is still easy.

I had more faints in X/Y thanks to sky battles.
>>
Closest I ever came to losing was in the Vikavolt totem fight, and then later again during the champion battle. But it wasn't until the postgame where I accidentally found the battle tree and Red swept my entire team.
>>
I had torrocat, cutiefly, rockruff and a yungoos when i battled fucking wishiwashi

It was hell but I was able to manage to scrape off half whishiwashi's health but big fuck called out alomomola for help

And fucking alomomola heal pulsed Wishiwashi

FUCKING HELL
>>
>>30172187
>>30179179
Same, Flying and Ghost.
>>
Why are Hapu's pokemon like 9 levels above mine

It's not like I've avoided fighting trainers and shit, what the absolute fuck is this
>>
>>30181093
The game is scaled with the share in mind.
>>
>>30172881
No kidding

the cuts are not that bad

Go play FFX2 or ANY Compile Heart game....then come back to P SM and you'll think nothing of it
>>
>>30181093
If you're playing with the EXP share off:

Switch extremely often.

Lets say you defeat a pokemon who's worth 1000 EXP. Under using the EXP share, your lead gets 1000, and everyone else in your party gets 500. However, if you decide to turn the EXP share off, every mon who participates in a kill gets full EXP. Though more tedious and dangerous, not using the EXP share can make a Mon whos worth 1000 EXP give 6000 total instead of 3500.
>>
>>30172297
Because if we wanted to read a book, we would just read a fucking book.

>>30172881
>People complained and wanted more story-driven and they got it, now they complain about that too.

I didn't. One of the reasons I don't like Gen 5 is because they tried too hard to be story driven and the game was hindered because of it.

>>30181219
The majority of the first island of S&M is reading text. It absolutely ruins the pace of the game, which is something XY got shit on for.
>>
>>30172063

No, I saw many threads saying "omg Lurantis op", "wtf dexio so strong" which got me excited, then i get to each fight and demolish it, even with exp share off, super dissapointing.
>>
>people actually had trouble with Wishiwashi
>Your Pokemon used Confide!
>spam it 5 more times

oh man that water gun sure is scary!
>>
>>30172063
Anyone else get swept by a fucking Carbink on the second island?

Also, Guzma's post-game team wiped me out four times before I actually beat him. Took me totally off guard since I found him incredibly easy during the story.
>>
Can we just talk about the "it called for help" bullshit.
>>30181093
AAAAAAAAAAAA I had the same problem there. There's an unnatural jump in levels but then the trial after is significantly easier. I get that the dragon girl is supposed to be chronologically first but hapu just decides to challenge you because nobody knows where the fuck the special snowflake dragon captain is, but did they HAVE to make the levels match that fact?
>>
File: o3ogq8GE7.jpg (120KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
o3ogq8GE7.jpg
120KB, 500x500px
>>30172063
Actually the difficulty is just right.
>>
Oh and the muk at the garbage treatment facility. Minimize spam. Fuck you.
>>
>>30181398
I thought the Dragon trial was in the canyon after Hapu anyway.

Also, what ever happened to the whole "seven trial captains" shit they said at the beginning? It feels like there's way more than that.
>>
>>30180964
christ that fucking alolamola....i was ready to murder the thing

thank fuck for my A-grimer, fucker brushed off water gun like it was rain and poisoned those other 2 fucks to death
>>
File: 1433890707114.png (243KB, 429x256px) Image search: [Google]
1433890707114.png
243KB, 429x256px
Romhacks when? This game has a lot of room to grow.
>>
>>30181352
The fact that you had to use a different strategy than all out attacking for the first time in any pokemon game, makes it in fact the hardest pokemon game so far
>>
>>30181446

I'm gonna butcher some names and forget others but no there's seven.
Illima, Mallow, Kiawe, Lana, Sophocles, Acerola, Dragon girl are all captains.
Hala, Olivia, Hapu, and Nanu are kahunas.
>>
>>30172187
Flying and fairy here
>>
>>30181200
Even with the fucking share, I wouldn't be level 50 at this point.
>>
>>30173335
The last Lusamine battle is SMT tier to be honest.
>>
>>30181923
Not really. As long as you had a dark type to take care of the stupid Clefable if pretty easy compared to the elite 4.
>>
>>30181968
And by dark type I mean poison type.
>>
>>30181093
That horse tanked a Grass Z-Move from my adamant Tsareena holy fuck
>>
>>30181968
I had a Toxapex and her Clefable spammed Cosmic Power.
>>
>>30172441
>>30172604
My Metagross can't catch a break because of this shit.
>>
just became champion
had to fight the electric tapu
is it possible to catch it here?
will i get another chance?

maybe its worth doing again if this is the lowest level i meet it.
>>
>>30182116
Yes and yes
>>
File: 1463032374111.png (191KB, 500x349px) Image search: [Google]
1463032374111.png
191KB, 500x349px
>The opposing Golisopod used Swords Dance!
>>
>>30172187
Yup.
>>
These are the matches I had the most issues with on my 1st run
>Ilima
Fucking Smergle...
>Totem Mimikyu
Auto-sub for an ability is amazing and the fact that it called on Haunter for Hypnosis spam made it worse
>Lusamine/Mother Lusamine
Granted, I didn't wiped out against her, but I didn't had a clear answer to Clefable and Bewear(I had Incineroar with Fire Fang and Passimian with Close Combat)
>E4
Hala was the scariest one thanks to me not having any Pokemon good against Fighting
>Kukui
Holy shit, someone with a SR lead and decent coverage

>UBs
As much as I had success with the Beast Balls, Kartana and Xuritree hit really hard so It was a race to catch them before they boost too much.

Everything else was decent
>>
how many new pokemons not aloha forms are put into the game? more than in x/y ?
>>
>>30181352
>Not using Z-Confide
Are you even fucking trying?

>>30181381
>else get swept by a fucking Carbink on the second island?
I had a Magnemite, so no.
>le 360 power move that literally cannot miss no matter what even if it used Minimize 3 times
>>
>>30181312
you must have some hefty deficit

That was not that bad
>>
>>30181398
SoS is cancer, they need to never ever do this shit again.
>>
>>30182850
not very many, but enough that Im seeing a lot of shit I didnt know existed, namely that spider.

And a lot of the pokemon Ive been waiting for havent shown up yet and I finished half the islands already.

One thing Im confused about, is the people complaining about being UNDER Leveled.
Im grossly overleveled without using Exp Share.And getting my ass kicked by everything
>>
>>30181200
Which made me REALLY regret remembering how easy X/Y was with exp share. I was fighting 7+ levels below the elite four at the end of the game.

Without EXP Share and changing battle style to stay instead of switch, the game had some serious rough patches for me. But a lot of it was self-inflicted since I had a shit lineup (I wanted to try to beat the game with only Gen VII pokemon. Do not do this.)
>>
>>30182959
I like it. I want it gone though, mostly because I think it's way better if it's only something a few pokemon do (getting Mareaine and early evolutions with SOS is really cool).

The problem is Gamefreak doesn't work that way. I think making SOS something only certain pokemon do would be taking three steps forward while taking it away for everyone is one step forward and a few steps back.
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.