[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's the point of Ultra Beasts? Why did they add them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 1

File: pokemon-sun-moon-169-en.jpg (88KB, 578x327px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-sun-moon-169-en.jpg
88KB, 578x327px
So what's the point of Ultra Beasts? Why did they add them instead of making more mega evolutions?
>>
Literally the best thing that's ever happened to this series and I'm not joking

Living in anticipation of capturing these motherfuckers is what engrossed me into Sun so much. They're so beautifully unnerving, especially Celesteela and Kartana.
>>
>>30170043
Mystery kept people curious and wanting to know the truth behind them

>make ultra beasts resemble human characters

>called ultra beast not Pokemon

People (including myself) were interested as fuck to find out what they really are. Kinda lame how they're just Pokemon from another dimension
>>
>>30170043
megas were a mistake
>>
>>30170043
It was Gamefreak's chance to make some real, otherworldly monsters

I think it's safe to say they succeeded
>>
If they made more mega evolutions, they'd have to work mega evolution into the plot again.
>>
>>30170043
>So what's the point of Ultra Beasts?
To have an excuse for making bizarro ass designs

>Why did they add them instead of making more mega evolutions?
Because megas were a flavor of the month gimmick just like z moves will be.
>>
>>30170085
>>make ultra beasts resemble human characters
Yes, and there's a clear in-game indication why they've done this.

Stop posting this retarded shit. The only ones that ever resembled any human characters were Pheromosa, Nihilego, and Xurkitree, and lo and behold, there a reason as to why.
>>
Just otherworldly Pokemon designs to play off the multiverse shit they're building up

If you wanted new Megas, Alolan Forms are mre related to such things
>>
>>30170084
Go to bed, Lusamine
>>
>>30170108
>If they made more mega evolutions, they'd have to work mega evolution into the plot again.
......................No?
>>
>>30170085
I wanted them to pull an Arc-V

Like UBs being shapeshifting Ayylamos wanting to fuck things up, then they succeed in calling an army and some old-faces like Red and whatever show up to stop them
>>
>>30170107
>It was Gamefreak's chance to make some real, otherworldly monsters
As opposed to just using pokemon to do this?
>>30170108
No they wouldnt have. Just new mega stones. It's fucked up the starters didnt get one.
>>
>>30170220
They are Pokémon. They are Pokémon from another dimension.

You know, it's the existence of people like you that I realize now why GF tried hard to distinguish Ultra Beasts as their own distinct thing. Because you can't call them "Pokémon" when that adds fuel to the fire for those who already denounce shit like objectmons.
>>
>>30170220
You honestly think that creatures from another dimension are gonna look anything at all like regular creatures?

It's a whole other dimension, man. Logic goes out the window, even for Pokemon.
>>
>>30170348
No, if they just called them pokemon, I would have no problem with it actually like deoxys. The fact that they are "other dimension" and labeled as not legendaries but non pokemon entities bugs me.

>>30170404
>are gonna look anything at all like regular creatures?
I...what? Tons of pokemon dont look like regular fucking creatures.
>>
>>30170220
Pokemon that look like the UBs wouldn't gel with the overall aesthetic in the series. The most "outlandish" Pokemon I can think of is the Reuniclus line, and that's probably just because they're giant cells. Pokemon generally aren't "unnerving" or "outlandish" or "unnatural fusions." Nihilego acts like a little girl and possesses humans, Buzzwole is a body builder mosquito, Pheromosa is a beautiful anthromorphic cockroach, Xurkitree is a humanoid bundle of cables that doesn't even a face making it more mechanical than literal machine Pokemon, Kartana and Celesteela are both super weird in ways I can't even begin to fathom, and the final one, Guzzlord is a literal black hole of a Pokemon.
>>
If Ultra Beasts aren't Pokemon, why can they use Pokemon attacks? Why don't they use moves specific to UBs?
>>
>>30170473
>Pokemon that look like the UBs wouldn't gel with the overall aesthetic in the series.
Regis are more creepy than nearly all the UBs
>>
>>30170431
Ultra Beasts look even less like regular Pokemon tho
>>
>>30170550
They should have just fucking called them pokemon.
>>
>>30170550
>moves specific to UBs
what?
>>
>>30170588
Then they could have been legendaries or you know... just called pokemon from other dimensions instead of putting them on some weird pedestal. Whatever, I doubt they'll be a big part of the stories like in Sun/Moon again. GF has a habit.
>>
>>30170550
>>30170596
They ARE Pokemon, just Pokemon from another dimension.

It's another dimension. Nothing is gonna make much sense.
>>
>>30170651
>They ARE Pokemon
But GF made a big deal about them NOT being Pokemon.
>>
>>30170043
How is it gonna work for Gen 8? It seemed like UBs are a Gen 7 only thing.
>>
>>30170550
>>30170596
Get it through your thick skulls that they are Pokémon just categorized as their own thing. It would be know different if GF were to officially start marketing legendary trios like "the Tao trio" or "the Swords of Justice". Hey, with the latter they already do.
>>
>>30170651
see >>30170665

Why didnt deoxys get an UB type treatment. He was just called a pokemon.
>>
>>30170683
But they specifically said Ultra Beasts aren't Pokemon.
>>
>>30170704
he isn't from another dimension
>>
>>30170718
Show me where they explicitly said that. Give me a trailer, article, anything.
>>
They are called Ultra Beasts because it excuses the terrible design choices that Game Freak made.
>>
>>30170722
There already plenty of life not native to the planet the games take place in and yet they are classified as pokemon
>>
>>30170722
He's from motherfucking space and looks creepier than all the UBs except the lightning one
>>
The retardation ITT is palpable.

Stay in school children.
>>
>>30170740
They're listed separately on the Sun/Moon site. There's a page for Pokemon (further divided into starters, legendaries, alolan forms, and other) and a page for Ultra Beasts.
>>
>>30170431
Nigger, it's an in game thing that they are an undocumented existence in the story. They wouldn't call them Pokemon until they discovered that they ARE just Pokemon from an alternate plane of existence. The whole point was to keep an air of mystery and allow the player to discover through the events of the story that Pokemon from alternate worlds exist. The fucking Box legendaries are UBs for Christ's sakes and nobody knew that until the game showed as such.
>>
>>30170138
>Yes, and there's a clear in-game indication why they've done this.
Explain. I must've missed it in-game.
>>
>>30171059
Wrong. Looker and the other members of the International Police have been dealing with UBs for at least 10 years and they still consider them non-Pokemon entities.
>>
>>30170043
Its lame you only fight one single UB during the main story.

I expected to have to fight through waves of them when you get taken to Ultra Space
>>
>>30170771
I choose to believe this is the reason. They wanted to go full digimon with them but didn't want them to clash with the pokemon aesthetic

I'm more concerned amount necrozma though
>necro = dead
>zma = the end of guzmas name
>very closely resembles glosipod which we know is his partner/signature mon

what's going to happen to our boy?
>>
>>30171194
It's alluded to quite frequently actually. Like how Lillie mentions her mother choosing the way she dresses. And the fact that Lusamine values beauty and Ultra Beasts and the Ultra Beast based on beauty. And the fact that Guzma by extension is under the control of what Lusamine says and therefore could be coerced into dressing up like a UB.

It's what makes the story so great, because it contributes to the character development of Lillie once she drops the clothing resembling Nihilego and matures beyond her mother's rule.

Also notice how Gladion isn't dressed like a UB unlike the other characters intertwined with Lusamine's obsession because he saw through her bullshit early on.
>>
>>30170043
For once I agree with you OP. Aside from nihilego I disliked them.
>>
>>30170043
>muh story

It's an excuse to make a dex that's 30% legendary.

Is anyone else sick to shit with these alternate dimension/timeline crap in Pokemon? I swear, if this keeps going gen 8 will literally be the plot to Pokemon Uranium or Reborn.
>>
>>30170043
At this current point in time, UB's are completely worthless.

Unless Generation 8 comes around, and adds more UB's, they are fucking useless in this universe.
Just like Megas. It's a Gen 6 thing only, apparently - unless more megas are added in Pokemon Star.
>>
>>30170084
this, I love how strange their designs are! They really do feel alien
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.