[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I expected nothing, and I was still disappointed. This is easily

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: no laughs.png (200KB, 356x256px) Image search: [Google]
no laughs.png
200KB, 356x256px
I expected nothing, and I was still disappointed.

This is easily the shortest mainline Pokemon game ever. No, I wasn't rushing, the only way I could've stretched it out any further was if I wasted my time farming for every single pokemon along the way, which is just tedious.

The trials are all awful. They were all piss easy, and, again, short. The fights with Guzma were flat-out jokes. Team Skull might as well shouldn't have even been in the game. The fights with Lusamine were kinda cool, but never really lead up to anything, and again, weren't that challenging. The Elite 4 was only slightly harder than the Gen 6 Elite 4s, but that's not really saying anything. The Ultra Beasts were kinda neat, but unimportant; I don't give a fuck about Looker or the International Police, I wanted to learn more about these crazy inter-dimensional eldritch monsters. Lusamine going crazy and becoming corrupted was literally the only remotely interesting part of the entire game. The fact that you defend your title as champion is kinda cool, and it's nice that they give you different opponents, but ultimately it's nothing more than just more piss-easy fights.

Then there's the Battle Tree, which is just ANOTHER fucking Battle Chateau except with red and blue slapped on. I mean, in ORAS you got the battle resort, in X/Y you got that whole town with the friend safari, but what do you get here? Just the IV guy and a BP shop.

Cosmog becoming the box legendary was kinda nice, so at least Lunala/Solalgeo were more relevant to the story than Xernas/Yveltal were, but the other legendaries are just kinda tacked on. Type: Null doesn't really do anything beyond being on Gladion's team, the Tapus don't do anything beyond Koko at the beginning, and Necrozma is just some random edgy thing tacked on, probably to get some movie about it later.

This whole game is best summed up in one word: Anticlimactic.
>>
File: babby.png (366KB, 512x495px) Image search: [Google]
babby.png
366KB, 512x495px
>>30169698
>>
>>30169755
>It's bad to complain about things!
How about you provide a counter-argument instead of posting a reaction image.
>>
File: (you).png (308KB, 433x766px) Image search: [Google]
(you).png
308KB, 433x766px
>>30169781
>>
>>30169698
Time to make rom hacks and fan games.

Planning on leaving the franchise?
>>
>>30169950
I mean, I'm not gonna stop playing Pokemon games forever, but I'm not buying them without waiting a good week or so to see that they have more than like two days worth of gameplay.
>>
File: u right now.jpg (23KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
u right now.jpg
23KB, 360x360px
>>30169781
Nothing wrong with complaining about things.
Complaining about things while sounding like a whiny snob on the other hand, nah dog.

Quit trying to sound like a journalist. Your shit reads like a crybaby yelp review: Anticlimatic
>>
>>30170002
It won't get better. Leave or make/play fangames instead.

I'm already into the romhacking business.
>>
>>30170192
>romhacking business
is this a job or what
>>
>>30170154
>>30170192
Alright, well since you two are clearly so much smarter, let me ask you this; did you like Sun/Moon at all? Do you have any reason as to why my complaints are invalid?
>>
>>30170209
Making a rom hack of Firered.
>>
>>30169698
Lmao this entire post. I don't know if I want to argue with any of your points because I just can't take any of it seriously, so much that I half believe this could be well-written bait.

Maybe you should make another post about how much you hate gamefreak and talk about how much harder black and white was.
>>
>>30169698
shortest. any criticism is fine but shortest has to be a joke. i always speed run pokemon games. beat R/B in 9 hours and x and y in 13 hours but sun moon took me 21 hours. definitely not short for pokemon standards
>>
>>30170230
No. I like the games but your complaints are still valid. When you used canned critic phrases like "I expected nothing but I was still disappointed" it's hard to sympathize with what you're saying though.
What could have been the beginning of a discussion if worded sensibly instead came across as you bitching because of the phrasing
>>
File: RedPlanet03.jpg (123KB, 344x400px) Image search: [Google]
RedPlanet03.jpg
123KB, 344x400px
>>30170230
No, I'm just a hoennbaby/sinnohfag. I'm just putting my biased views upon the new games without any critical thought.

I don't even have a 3DS.
>>
Game length was fine for me and I enjoyed the trials.

The story was anticlimatic as fuck though, there is literally no reason to deal with the evil team plot after the first Lusamine fight except because Lillie is somehow your friend when she's by far the blandest character in the game. Felt more for even the XY kids than her, at least they had potential for more from the bases that were there instead of being just completely bland.
>>
File: two piece combo.jpg (15KB, 236x314px) Image search: [Google]
two piece combo.jpg
15KB, 236x314px
>>30169698
better than gen 6
>>
>I expected nothing, and I was still disappointed

You should work for Buzzfeed. Really have the verbage down.
>>
nobody asked you, OP
>>
>>30170418
>>30170317
This basically. I would have been less inclined to call you a faggot if you hadn't already solidified your douche levels by sentence one.
Please refrain from using retarded meme phrases if you want people to take you seriously in the future
>>
>>30169698
Nobody's going to read this let alone care.

This isn't blogspot
>>
>>30170317
>>30170418
>>30170482
I'm sorry I wasn't aware of the blacklisted phrases, I don't browse game critic websites so I wouldn't really know.
>>30170288
Here's your (You) friend, don't worry about it.
>>30170298
It felt short, I dunno. R/B take longer because of difficulty (and no running; not that I'm defending R/B, mind you), and X/Y were pretty easy, but it still felt like there was more to explore/do. I'm not saying that Sun/Moon are faster to get through, I'm saying Sun/Moon have less things to do in them. I always try to take as much time as I can in Pokemon games, so it makes sense that you'd take longer in Sun/Moon than in X/Y, because X/Y had so much more random shit filling it up, whereas Sun/Moon don't really have much of anything beyond the straightforward path.

Maybe short wasn't the best way to say it, but I can say for sure that it had less content than X/Y and even OR/AS.

>>30170389
Yeah, but that's not really saying much.

>>30170529
>>30170428
>Ew, reading!
I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that this pokemon discussion board wasn't for discussing pokemon.
>>
>>30170573
>discussion
writing an essay blog about your opinion is not discussion, it's preaching
>>
>>30170573
Are you implying ORAS has less content than XY? Because that's plain wrong.
>>
>>30170428
This
>>
>>30169698
I'm only on the second island and just did the second trial, so I guess I kinda feel you on this stuff.

I haven't seen any Tapus except the one from the beginning of the game, and have been wondering where the rest are.
I'm wondering why Team Skull doesn't have a bigger impact so far, I don't see them at all.

I think the trials for this region are a neat idea, still it would have been nice to fight the captains as well.
Like, "do my trial, beat my totem, and then you can challenge me" or some kind of stuff.
>>
>>30170937
You fight most of the Captains in sidequests. The exceptions are Kiawe in Moon and Mallow in Sun.
>>
File: 1424025780426.jpg (81KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
1424025780426.jpg
81KB, 768x960px
>>30169698
>This is easily the shortest mainline Pokemon game ever.

I hate Sun and Moon but this is absolutely false. It's probably the longest one because the cutscenes drag it out so much.

I want my games to be long because they're packed with content, not because of unskippable cutscenes.
>>
>>30169698
>Game was LITERALLY twice as long as the shitfest that was ORAS
>Somehow shortest mainline game ever
Stopped right there buddy try again some other time. Well hey at least you got me to read two sentences anon
Inb4 your a hoenn fag too and are so full of delusion you thought it was more acceptable than s/m
>>
>>30173158
>hoenn fag

Hoennfags usually don't like ORAS due to how it botched Hoenn. You're thinking of Neohoennfags, who like ORAS and try to trash or downplay the things Emerald did better.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.