[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bottle caps are a fucking joke, the game give you like 1 close

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: 1388844147816.gif (484KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1388844147816.gif
484KB, 320x180px
Bottle caps are a fucking joke, the game give you like 1 close to the end of the game, when you reach 50 streak in the battle tree and when you get 30 shards of the same color in pokepelago.

It take 24 fucking hour to get 2 or 3 shards.

And I had boxes of Shiny or legendary mons waiting for thoses IV.
>>
If you aren't actively battling, postgame pokemon is 110% grind.
If you don't want to grind use pkhex.
>>
There is nothing to grind in waiting 24 hour to get some shards.
>>
pkhex
>>
can you use pkhex if you haven't hacked your 3ds?
>>
When will legitfags finally realize GameFreak doesn't care about you?

hack your 3DS already you cuckold
>>
>>30161667
It'd be difficult. For some reason homebrew save managers don't really work with SM. You'll need to install a .cia save manager which requires CFW.
>>
>>30160903
lol nerd I fished up 2 gold and 1 silver in a one hour period.

Also, you can grab some from trainers after beating them on the 4th island in the post-game. Not sure when the earliest is, but it'll alleviate your pain somewhat.
>>
>>30161986
Can you get them from any fishing spot or do they need to have bubbles?
>>
One the lotteries has bottlecaps for the two rarest prizes. I forgot which one though. Not Gold Rush since the grand prize for that is a big nugget....
>>
So just to summarize. You can get bottle caps from that dude in the Festival Plaza but you have to trade 30 shards for 1 or 30 wins in the RNG rigged Battle Tree. You only get shards by fishing and Pokepelago? It seems Pokepelego only lets you get 2-3 a day while you can grab how much via fishing?

Man, why the fuck does Gamefreak make this so hard? Why introduce it if you're gonna make it batshit insanely hard
>>
>>30163003
Does leveling up the cave island get you more per day?
>>
I got like 4 from Festival Plaza already

Don't be lazy OP
>>
>>30163047
I wasn't even aware that the Pokepelago gets you shards lol
>>
>>30160903
Found a gold one this morning from the treasure hunting island.
>>
>>30163003
Using beans will give you two trips into the cave a day.
>>
>>30161730
jk's sm works perfectly fine
>>
>>30162889
Any.
I've gotten 7 silver caps fishing for Dhelmise.
I got an adamant one that likes to thrash about.
>>
>>30163003
I just need to win 30 times over Battle tree?
Because as soon as I can transfer my pokemon from ORAS this will be a piece of cake. I've destroyed Battle Maison before.
>>
>>30163047
Not sure, but it opens up a path where you can find the whole caps.
>>
>>30163231
>got all the rare mons really fast from fishing
>only got treasure once or twice throughout the game
>>
>>30163231
>not proud of its power
What a fag. You even have the bottle caps needed to make it better than the one that thrashes about.
>>
>>30163244
Not seeing Bottle Caps as obtainable through Isle Aphun?
>>
>>30163364
Rare Treasure Path or something like that.
>>
If all the items in the treasure trail on pelago have equal drop ratios, that would make it so much more efficient than shard running, as you should get a gold cap every few days or so.
>>
>>30163299
>You even have the bottle caps needed to make it better than the one that thrashes about.
That's completely wrong anon. You couldn't even get the meme right.
>>
>>30163450
Yeah, checked Serebii again and it is Rare Treasure Path. The sprite was tiny so I didn't notice it. Yeah, you get Gold ones through it

Also, seeing as I only have like 10 pokemon in the boxes, it seems I need like 50 more mons to catch
>>
File: Jirachi_cutie.gif (249KB, 500x455px) Image search: [Google]
Jirachi_cutie.gif
249KB, 500x455px
>>30160903
>tfw think Bottle Caps are a joke because you keep getting them in the Plaza
>>
Unless I feel like I can get a decent stockpile of bottlecaps, I may not even bother with them & just transfer over my ditto come January.

>>30163577
Does it say anything about drop ratios? I was wondering if everything has an equal drop rate or if the gold caps are rarer.

>>30163604
How?
>>
>>30163226
the HBL version is fine on cart but digital versions must use the .cia version.
>>
You get one every time you get a streak of 30 in the tree.
>>
>>30163712
gold?
>>
>>30163761

You think they'd make it that easy?
>>
>>30163791
ditto it is
>>
how does the timer for pokepelago work anyway? is it based on time spent on the overworld?
>>
>>30163625
I can't find any ratios but I'm pretty sure that they might be rarer, simply because Gamefreak
>>
>>30164012
no, real world time

For treasure, it halves that time for the duration of the beans, so if you use 12 hours worth of beans, the 24 hour treasure run is done in 12 hours.
>>
So I found this on Tumblr

>Bottle Caps may seem hard to get at first, but here’s the full list of places to look from:
- Festival Plaza: The haunted houses Ghost’s Den, Trick Room and Confuse Ray. A silver bottle cap is one of the prizes in each one.
- Festival Plaza: The lottery Treasure Hunt. Both silver and gold bottle caps can be won as prizes.
- PokePelago: Isle Aphun’s Rare-Treasure hunting and Interesting-Item hunting. Gold bottle cap is one of the rewards in both.
- Fishing. Fishing sometimes gives items instead of pokemon, and one of the possible catches is a silver bottle cap.
>>
Still annoyed about the whole level 100 thing, thatll take forever to do
>>
>>30164155
The thing to remember is that it takes a long time to get just a single cap from any of them and it takes 5 to make a pentaperfect pokemon.

I think the best way to use them is singularly after breeding 3-4 IVs from a ditto.
>>
>>30164372
No, it takes 5 silver caps to make a perfect. It takes 1 gold cap.
>>
Dumb question: with the removal of Super Training, and Reset Bags by proxy, is there another way to reset one's EVs or are you screwed?
>>
>>30164433
Friendship berries lower EVs and you can farm berries pretty easily
>>
>>30164515
I knew about them, but I was hoping that wasn't the only way to do it.
>>
>>30164372
The best way to use them is for Legendaries, to get the two other IVs you'll be missing. Everything is better to be bred to pentaperfect.
>>
File: 1413771186498.png (535KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
1413771186498.png
535KB, 500x738px
>Hyper training doesn't actually raise the IVs of a pokemon, it just affects stats in-battle
>Can't pass "perfect" Hyper Trained IVs through breeding
>No effect on Hidden Power
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.