[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We make up new Pokemon types >Cosmic Type >All Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Cosmoem.png (51KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Cosmoem.png
51KB, 250x250px
ITT: We make up new Pokemon types
>Cosmic Type
>All Pokemon in it gain resistances to Ground, Rock and Water, but are weak to Psychic and Fire
Type changes below.
>>
Royal (Regal) type
Completes the mythological trifecta they started with Dragon and Fairy
Retconned mons include Aegislash, Cofagrigus, Slowking, Milotic, Lucario, Absol, Victini, Samurott, Emboar, Serperior
>>
>>30160298
Type changes:
>Stamie Water/Cosmic
>Clefable Fairy/Cosmic
>Non-Alolan Muk Poison/Cosmic
>Unown pure Cosmic
>Usrasring Normal/Cosmic
>Lunatone and Solrock Rock/Cosmic
>Deoxys Psychic/Cosmic
>Cresselia pure Cosmic
>Palkia Dragon/Cosmic
>Darkrai Dark/Cosmic
>Beeheeyem Cosmic
>Cosmog and Cosmoem pure Cosmic
>Solgaleo and Lunala Cosmic/Steel and Cosmic/Psychic
>>
I feel like there should be a digital type. Steel doesn't really cover it anymore.

I don't know about the retcons or strengths/weaknesses though
>>
>>30160480
Make them weak to Dark, cause hackers and the like.
>>
>>30160480
Now that Digimon is dead and buried this might become a reality.

Retcons include Porygon line, Voltorb line, Genesect and idk what else. I think that's it though. Voltorb was a stretch too.
>>
Might as well pull this bandaid now
>Sound type
>SE against Fairy (Disturbs their peace), Ground (sound moves well through earth)
>NVE against Grass (plants grow better with sound), Normal (balance?), Rock (they like to rock), Steel (they like metal)
>Weak to Normal (balance) Poison (balance) Ice (balance)
>Resists Fairy, Ground
>No Effect: Sound (sound has no effect on itself. Built in soundproof)

Type changes
>exploud line- Pure Sound
>Noivern Line- Sound/Dragon (given Levitate/aerialate ability)
>Chatot- Sound/Flying
>Jigglypuff line- Sound/Fairy
>Meloetta- Sound/Psychic Sound/Fighting
>Politoed- Water/Sound

Attacks
>Hyper Voice
>Boomburst
>Echoed Voice
>Supersonic
>Screech
>Growl
>Uproar

Ability Changes
>Soundproof (now just straight sound type immunity)
>Liquid Voice (changes sound type moves to water)
>>
>>30160993

>SE against ground.

Isnt ground like one of the thickest things in the world, consequently making it hard to hear things.

Sound should be effective against flying instead.
>>
>>30160993

I can totally imagine a Steel/Sound regional form for Magnemite with radar dishes instead of magnets
>>
It's my understanding that Psychic encompasses what would theoretically be "Cosmic" and "Light" types.
I'd my rather see older pokemons getting retroactive typings.
>>
>>30161290
>Magnezone has radar dishes, and its yellow antenna becomes a retro radio tower

that is a really solid design, fund it.

also a sound type regional variant for Mr. Mime
>Depressed black and white french mime
>Dark/Sound type
>all its sound based moves revolve around silence. Like an ultrasound move that never misses.
>>
>>30160298
Should be called "Space Type" desu
>>
>>30160298
Time type
This type's color is the same blue shade as Dialga.

Weak to Electric and Flying (both are fast types that can easily counter most of time's more negative effects. Also, clocks are powered by magnetism which could get fucked up if an electric current hit it)
Resists Time, Ice, Rock and Steel

Super effective against Ice, Rock and Steel (Ice melts, rock crumbles and metal rusts, but these things take time.)

NVE on Psychic, Flying (Flying goes too fast to be affected by the slowing effects of time, and Psychics can just alter reality to make time flow normally for them)
No effect on Electric (Electric is sort of the light type, and most electric pokemon have high speed, so it's like they're going at the speed of light, which requires almost no time to happen)

Retypes:
All fossils except Cranidos and Rampardos have Rock replaced with Time. Cranidos and Rampardos are now Time/Rock.
Dialga is a Time/Dragon now.

Some attacks:

Tick-Tock - The user gets in sync with the universe at almost an atomic level, then causes the air to vibrate rhythmically to attack. This hits only one enemy but also has a chance to Pause the enemy for up to five turns. When an enemy is Paused its speed is halved and that's it. Time-types are immune to Pause.
>>
Sound type might as well be a thing by now. If/when they add a new type my money is on this one.
>Plenty of pokemon based on sound archetypes
>More than enough sound based moves
>An ability that counters sound all together
It has more than enough potential.
>>
>>30162059
Ive thought of a time based type before as well.
However a few tweaks
>Fossil pokemon should stay rock types (since they are revived from fossils the rock is kinda part of them)
>On the flipside, the move Ancientpower is now a time based move
>furthermore pokemon that evolve with Ancientpower like Yanmega, Mammoswine and Tangrowth pick up time type. (Bug/Time, Ground/Time, Grass/Time, respectively)
>Future Sight is a time type move
>Perhaps give fossils an ability like "Ancient: Time type moves gain a damage bonus"
>Hoothoot and Noctowl get time type since they have a clock theme.
>>
File: muh_sound_type.png (46KB, 460x580px) Image search: [Google]
muh_sound_type.png
46KB, 460x580px
>>30162351
By that logic there should be a Bullet type.
>>
>>30162404
>type: Sniper
>Super Effective: Normal, Flying (you hunt animals and birds) Dragon (you try to hunt dragons, try.)
>Not very effective: Rock, Steel, Ground, Water (all of which are not hunted and stop bullets)
>resists: Normal, Flying, Dragon. (All easily shootable)
>Weak to: Ground (dirt is a guns worst enemy) Fire (overheating is equally damaging)

Pokemon
>Blastoise
>Octillary
>Decidueye (loses ghost. Spirit shackle changed to sniper)
>Genesect (loses steel)
>Clawncher
>Clawitzer
>Toucannon
>>
>>30162404
important thing to point out
>majority of sound based moves are normal type, or some arbitrary type like dark.
>Bullet based moves are all highly based on their specific type, and cannot be effectively retyped.

obvious exceptions like Bug Buzz, Grass Whistle, and Metal Sound, but all things considered, it is much easier to justify Snarl being a sound type move, than it is to say that Electro Ball, Ice Ball, and Sludge Bomb are bullet type moves.
>>
>>30162402
The -ate ability for Time would be "deteriorate", since that's what things do as they get old and time passes.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.