[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Party members who didn't pull their weight. >slow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 54

File: palossand.png (128KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
palossand.png
128KB, 500x500px
ITT: Party members who didn't pull their weight.

>slow
>must have had terrible IVs because it would always die in 1 hit even from non SE moves
>middling offensive stats meant it would always need to 2 shot things, even if it was STAB+SE
>everything under the sun seemed to have a Dark type move so he'd be chewed up before he could even attack
>Water Compaction useless since the majority of Water attacks ingame were special, and the Def increase mean nothing if he's only running on 2/5th of HP
>>
>>30159103
Maybe would have done okay if it learned Shore Up at around level 30 instead of 54.
>>
>>30159103
Lycanroc (Sun), for me was a bit disappointing due to its small move-pool, bad defenses, and bad typing
>>
>>30159103
Yeah, mine was pretty bad too. Definitely my weakest link.
>>
I'm probably gonna do a second playthrough to use some Mons I didn't get a chance to. Opinions on Ribombee and Wishiwashi? I'll probably use Ribombee no matter what but if Wishiwashi sucks I need a good water type.
>>
>>30159103
Charjabug and later Vikavolt.
He was not worth the wait.
>>
>>30159311
Ribombee is an absolute monster. It gets all the moves it ever needs to complement its great SpAtk and Speed, including a 95 BP STAB at level 25. The MVP of my team for sure.
>>
Mine was decent once it evolved but holy shit sandygast was fucking useless.
>>
Where's a good place to train? I can't find any places to train before the elite four.
>>
Exeggutor pretty much for me when everything seemed to have either ice, fairy or bug moves at that point.

>>30159191
Lycanroc(Sun) saved me from losing to Totem Lurantis with priority before it could heal again. Also in late game, Stone Edge/Brick Break/Crunch combination made it very powerful.
>>
As much as I wanted her to be good, A-Raichu is probably the weakest link on my team. She's just too frail to survive for long and her SpAtk isn't good to justify that. Her only real use is Charm/T-Wave support, which is fine because she cripples many powerful threats like totems before she inevitably gets 2HKOd.
>>
>>30159311
I used both.
Ribombee is ridiculous because it's one of the fastest Pokemon in this generation. I was able to sweep the last Lusamine fight because Ribombee was able to Quiver Dance her way to being unstoppable. 10/10 mon.

Wishiwashi was also my teams front runner, he can switch into anything because his defenses are so goddamn high. Schooling running out when you hit low HP doesn't matter since it activates at the end of the turn, not before he attacks. He also gets Endeavor in later levels as a final 'fuck you' to anyone who tries to take him down, as he's certainly not going to get 1 shotted. Fair warning though, his only Water move for a while is Brine so you should make the trip for a Scald TM or something.
>>
File: 250px-743Ribombee.png (38KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-743Ribombee.png
38KB, 250x250px
>>30159103
Ribombee has been sorta trash for me for a while now. Sure it almost always goes first, but it can rarely one shot anything and it has no bulk to take a hit back.
>>
>>30159311
I'm in this boat too
Can't decide what water types to use between Wishiwashi, Golisopod, Araquanid, and Toxapex
Can't decide which grass type to use between Lurantis, Tsareena, and Decidueye
I know I'm using Salazzle, Minior, and probably Mimikyu though
>>
Probably my persian, yeah I hit luck with technician but a lot of times trainers would carry moves that were SE. Even my primarina did a lot of good.
>>
File: komala.png (151KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
komala.png
151KB, 500x500px
It died to everything.
>>
>>30159556
bruh the scald tm is in the first place you can find wishiwashi
>>
>>30159574
i had the exact opposite scenario.
Ribombee picked up the slack when my whole crew was wiped.
She pulled more weight than my starter. She was one of my lower level mons and i still always saved her for last because she was a little death machine that would save my ass.
>>
>>30159574
Do you have Quiver dance yet?
>>
>>30159103
starting to wonder if this adament alolan Marowak was worth it... it just doesnt ever seem to get enough damage out... maybe its just all its weaknesses...
>>
>>30159581
Lurantis sucks balls. Go with Deci or Tsareena.
>>
I had zero weak links. The closest I got was a Mudbray I kept around thinking I'd swap it out when I found something better, but the little guy bailed me out during the fire trial and I grew too attached and he became a core member if my team.
>>
Did anybody here actually use Pyukumuku? How'd that go?
>>
File: Alolan-Dugtrio-1024x916.jpg (79KB, 1024x916px) Image search: [Google]
Alolan-Dugtrio-1024x916.jpg
79KB, 1024x916px
>Worse than regular Dugtrio
>Has Gooey clone
>Isn't bulky whatosever
>>
>>30159679
I couldnt even find it. I also wanted to use minior and didnt find it until post game.
>>
>>30159669
Is it really that bad, even in game?
>>
>>30159667
It also doesn't help that it has no decent stab until endgame. Bonemerang is great, though.
>>
>>30159690
>Weak to ground AND fire
I wont be using it online. Hell i barely like using it in single player but its one of my highest level mons.
>>
File: image.png (145KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
145KB, 500x500px
Sadly this guy is slowly bringing me down, hopefully he'll start pulling his weight once I can evolve him. I'm in Aether right now.
>>
>>30159581
>Toxapex
Really good wall, iffy on offenses though. Make sure it has Merciless since she won't be able to kill anything by herself otherwise.
>Tsareena
Training it up to Tsareena is a hassle. Kind of ass with no coverage until High Jump Kick. Trop Kick/Acrobatics/HJK/U Turn is really good at least. Queen's Majesty is a godlike ability that singlehandedly saved her for me.
She's kind of like a Grass type Magikarp, slow start, but when she gets going, she's crazy.
>>
>>30159739
I replaced it with Turtonator and didn't look back.
>>
The sixth spot on my team always had a garbage pokemon on it that couldn't carry its weight. First it was slowpoke and then a crabrawler. I'm now trying out Alola Graveler, hopefully he can carry her weight.
>>
>>30159739
Hey, Excadrill was a fucking nigga in black and white
>>
>>30159653
Nope. Level 49 is still another 7 levels away. Of course that'll make it better, but it hasn't been helping much for the last 12 levels or so.
>>
>>30159740
>Once you can evolve him
>In Aether right now
Are you in for a long wait

>>30159739
He just didn't have the defenses for it, and lost Arena Trap. Excadrill in GEn V was great but A. Dugtrio is trash.
>>
File: 758Salazzle.png (99KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
758Salazzle.png
99KB, 410x410px
>Red's Venusaur used Earthquake
>>
>>30159740
>Once I can evolve him
not until right before the elite four I think
lol
>>
>>30159740
He evolves on Victory Road, the Elite 4 has Fighting, Rock, Flying and Ghost. He evolves into Ice/Fighting.
>>
>>30159740
It won't get better here sadly.
The only thing that it can do pretty decently is Close Combat through Olivias team in the elite four and maybe take out [Insert Champion here]'s Midday Lycanroc. Biggest letdown this gen imo.
>>
>>30159574
Really? Even without quiver dance she carried her weight mainly because she had a good movepoll of fairy, bug, and psychic. And she out speed everything making her even better.
>>
>>30159669
>Lurantis sucks balls.
I keep seeing this said, but no one ever expands upon it. Why is Lurantis so bad?
>>
Muk. It was great early game, but later it became a bit... Meh. By the end of the game it was 4 levels lower than my 2nd lowest, though it was useful against Acerola.
>>
>>30159796
Well, I'm infiltrating Aether, not just getting there, so it shouldn't be too long, yeah?
>>
Ninetales is kinda shitty. Doesn't have the special attack to kill things with aurora beam or dazzling gleam, nor the defenses to survive much and gamefreak made it so you literally cannot get ice beam until end game, whether it be from TM or from move relearner because they're in the same damn place apparently.
>>
>>30159718
She was always WAY behind my Tsareena in bulk, attack, and speed. So I'd say yes.
>>
>>30159851
You can't evolve Crabrawler until right before the League.
>>
>>30159851
Yes it's still quite a bit.
>>
>>30159823
>>30159718
Seeing as it only has bug, fighting, and normal for coverage outside of its okay grass moves coming from okay phys attack and super low speed (meaning it gets bodied by anything it can't 2HKO or 3HKO) yes

At least Tsareena has better stats and levels up better thanks to in game trade bonuses
>>
>>30159594
Mine has been pulling his weight. It sponged many status effects already, and is strong enough to kill things.
>>
aloha marowak
>never contributed to any battle the whole fucking time
>weak defensively and offensively
>never learned any good moves to got with its typing
>>
>>30159191
Lycanroc was amazing for me
>>
>>30159855
Vulpix learns Ice Beam at Level 36. I really hope you didn't just put an Ice Stone on it after you immediately caught it like a huge dummy
>>
>>30159823
Using my own experience, fomantis dies to a breeze and isn't particularly fast or all that strong. When it evolves it's still pretty slow and somewhat frail. It gets some nice moves(poison jab,leech life, leaf blade, etc) and has good strength, but it's not like mimikyu or goliospod where I feel like they can handle anything. It's just underwhelming I suppose
>>
My team is Incineroar, Lycanroc Midday, Vikavolt, Mudsdale, Gyarados, and Ninetales. None of them are weak. They've all pulled their weight and got shit done. 19/10 team.
>>
>>30159103

Mine is still a Sandygast and he feels so weak. Is he really that bad? I'd consider just getting a Mimikyu but then I'd have 3 fairies
>>
File: 1479189179544.png (114KB, 400x556px) Image search: [Google]
1479189179544.png
114KB, 400x556px
>>30159103
I dumped mine for Dhelmise. Now I have to level up a Dhelmise that I caught at level fucking twelve, but you know what? That Dhelmise is sturdier than my Sandygast was. I've got it beating the shit out of eggsecutes about fifteen levels higher than it and who keep calling other eggsecutes, and I'm doing this with nothing but Not Very Effective moves. I think this big dumb anchor might be one of my favourite pokemon this generation, it's amazing.

But Sandygast? It's outclassed by every other ghost this gen. My Mimikyu slaps the shit out of everything, Dhelmise is, as I said, a goddamn powerhouse, I don't have a Decidueye so I can't judge, but it can't be worse than the sandcastle. I mean, I still like it. It's a creepy sandcastle that mind-traps people into building it even bigger, that's cool. But it's just not very good on the battlefield.

>>30159667
Why does it learn its signature move one level BEFORE it levels up? Is there no way to get it without finding the damn move reminder?
>>
>>30159581
toxapex is shit in game and a nightmare to catch

golispod's ability is incredibly inconvenient and really shitty

lurantis is an irredeemable shitmon
>>
File: 1452638304929.jpg (155KB, 1500x1002px) Image search: [Google]
1452638304929.jpg
155KB, 1500x1002px
>tfw love your entire team
I've never loved my team in any pokemon so much before, I even spent time with them in refresh maxing out affection since I loved them so much.
>>
Seeing all of the lurantis is bad comments hurts. Mine has been a pretty big help with swords dance and leaf blade. Quick claw also activates pretty often and I was surprised at how much better it could take hits once it evolved. Also it has an adamant nature.
>>
>>30159763
slowbro is a monster in game nigga

how did you find a way to fuck it up?
>>
>>30159951
Desu I don't remember when I evolved it but it wasn't right after I got it. I thought I checked the pre-evo moves to be sure but I guess I didn't see ice beam
>>
File: image.png (124KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
124KB, 500x500px
Couldn't balk anything, she didn't hit as hard as Mimikyu or Ribombee with her fairy moves, and her Ice Beam didn't provide any type coverage that the rest of my team didn't already have with their STAB moves

She was the last to be added to the team and was a liability the whole time
>>
>>30160000
>toxapex and golisopod
Fuck you, both were great assets to my team.
>>
>>30159983
He's pretty bad until he evolves
If you don't send it in on anything super effective he'll do the job, but he has like five weaknesses
>>
>>30159822
Fairy, Bug, and Psychic has not been doing me many favors. In the cases where it does get a SE hit, the opponent usually survives with about 20% HP and then hits Ribombee back just as hard or OHKOs it. It doesn't even have a negative nature. I also can't switch out to it most of the time because of its low defenses. My Oricorio gets a lot more done than Ribombee, and at this point I'm just waiting for Quiver Dance so it can help boost my Oricorio up in the few double battles that are left.
>>
>>30159890
>>30159952
>tfw really like Lurantis' design over Tsareenas
Current team is at level 31, so Foumantis' evolution will happen soon. I guess I'll see what happens.

>>30160022
My one is Adamant too. Fingers crossed.
>>
File: lurantis.png (118KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
lurantis.png
118KB, 500x500px
Even after evolving she was shit

Ended up just bringing back Ribombee who was surprisingly great
>>
>>30159952
Z Sunny Day helps with its Speed problem, but not by much and least this way it can spam Solar Blade. It's not really as bad as some make it out, but it needs help to work. They just couldn't give it Chlorophyll to abuse the sun better, now could they ?
>>
>>30160048
I'm sooo mad they barely changed Alolan form stats. I was hoping for a way better offensive presence for Ninetales on the special side.
>>
>>30159890
Trade Bounce is a brutal beast of mass destruction.

Give her acrobatic and backtrack once able to use Machamp so you give her the flying z stone, she destroys everything.

Grass, bug, fighting and flying is really great coverage, her bulk is no slouch either, if you really want to fuck everything try z splash.

You don't need queenly majesty ingame.
>>
>>30159521
I hate people like you that always refer to their Pokemon with genders and shit. So pathetic
>>
>>30160017
That's how I felt about my team back in b2/w2. Except, yknow, for Eelektross, who I replaced Ampharos with and regretted it the whole time.
>>
>>30160101
Z sunny day boosts speed? That sounds pretty fun. Already beaten the game but I may do that she should've gotten chlorophyll instead of leaf gaurd, what were they thinking?
>>
File: 1473432774020.gif (904KB, 500x532px) Image search: [Google]
1473432774020.gif
904KB, 500x532px
>>30159103
I think the problem with Sandyghast is that it learns Earth Power at Level FORTY FUCKING SEVEN (or Level 45 if you have the tolerance to keep Sandyghast that long) leaving you with that garbage fucking Bulldoze for the majority of the time you use it. I will agree that it's fucking idiotic that Water Compaction doesn't work like Water Absorb or Dry Skin, so if do get hit with a Water it'll just fucking die thanks to its near worthless Sp. Def.

My team right now consists of Incineroar/Magnezone/Golisopod/A-Ninetales/Kommo-O/Palossand and if I'd really have to break down who was the weakest link, it'd be a toss up between Ninetails and Palossand

Why in the FUCK doesn't Ninetales learn any stronger coverage move than Psyshock and Hex (Fucking HEX, can't even throw a nigga a bone with Shadow Ball FUCK) and why the fuck did Moonblast, one of the most common Fairy moves in the goddamn game, have to be a damn Egg move? Shit man
>>
>>30160131
Are you serious? Do you call your female dog "it"?
>>
File: Minior.full.2025459.jpg (424KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Minior.full.2025459.jpg
424KB, 1280x1280px
This guy. Never got him to set up properly or do much in Shields Down without dying soon after. In the end I decided to just use him as a suicide lead, setting up meme rocks in the Pokémon League, which worked well.
>>
>>30160017
I really like Refresh, except that it breaks the fucking game.
My starter dodges everything and crits every other minute just because I always cleaned the shit out of its fur. Is there any way to turn those in battle effects off?
>>
>>30159798
This. I needed a fire-type, but it turns out I picked the wrong one. Still carried it all the way to the champion, though. I fortunately had a Mudsdale that could carry like no one's business.
>>
>>30160120
Oh, I didn't think of those, maybe I'll visit madam memorial today.

I've just been going with Trop Kick | High Jump Kick | Low Sweep and she's been doing alright outside of JUST HJK misses and getting trapped against Mean Look SOS Zubat battles.
>>
>>30160131
But most Pokemon have genders in-game...
>>
>>30160131
>I hate people like you that always refer to their Pokemon with genders and shit. So pathetic

So you don't own a pet?
>>
>>30160183
Nope
>>
>>30160120
Is there a way to get bounsweet without trading or breeding?
>>
File: 3db.jpg (127KB, 1024x754px) Image search: [Google]
3db.jpg
127KB, 1024x754px
>>30159103
Incineroar. That whole line is so bad and awkward. It has no excuse to lose Torracat's Speed, especially when the pretty small in comparison Attack boost doesn't compensate for it, and its level up movepool is garbage. The only moves worth learning are Fire Fang Darkest Lariat. It also learns Flamethrower, but its SpA is pretty awful. My Incineroar honestly still had Scratch and Leer when I was up against the E4.

It's unfortunate because it's such a cool design.
>>
>>30160150
Shitmons will be shitmons, I guess. Even Delcatty can't catch a break with that useless speed boost.
>>
>>30160131
don't cut yourself on that edge, faggot
>>
>>30160207
West lush forest
>>
>>30160192
What? My salazzle is absolute MONSTER

Nasty plot
Flamethrower
Sludge bomb
Dragon pulse (haven't found a good use for that move yet but it's there)
>>
Crabrawler was very good at the beginning and then slowly dropped to being completely useless. On top of that, evolving actually made it worse because it dies to anything.
>>
>>30159798
>Not using its ability as a 100% guaranteed toxic, and possibly stall mon with protect if it survives a hit.

It pulled it's weight once you teach it sludge bomb/venoshock, toxic, and then eventually flamethrower.
Plus if there was one particular mon/totem I struggled with I'd throw it at them and toxic the fucker over and over.
>>
>>30160207
Yes. You can find it in the western Lush Jungle's patch of grass. It's the only patch of grass you can find its line in the entire game and it's got a 5% encounter rate.
>>
>>30159740
WHY DOESN'T HE EVOLVE WITH AN ICE STONE?
>>
>>30159803
MODS spoilers
>>
>>30160179
Really? Shell smash didn't do anything for you?
>>
>>30160219
Did you even look at TMs or level it up at all? Mine has Flare Blitz, Lariat, Outrage, and Leech Life, and it pretty much wrecks everything. It can also learn acrobatics but I ditched that late game because no item is too much of a liability.
>>
File: pyukumuku_by_anicb-dadmj2e.png (983KB, 1024x838px) Image search: [Google]
pyukumuku_by_anicb-dadmj2e.png
983KB, 1024x838px
Anyone use cutest cucumber? I already hah had two dual water types so I didn't want a third one and a mono water type at that.

I want it for another playthrough, I love a lot of the new pokemon. I don't even care if it's a stall mon, I've used shuckle in gae before and loved it. Fucker was a monster with sandstorm, toxic, and rest.
>>
>>30159763
>Alola Graveler
There's a guy who, in exchange for a Haunter, will trade you an Alola Graveler that'll evolve into Golem.
>>
>>30160194
Acrobatics is great, you drop low sweep for it.

Z splash is just too fun to use, other wise z flying/fighting is all you need. My Bouncee destroyed Anabel Snorlax in a single Bloom Doom, she has been the star of my second run especially when comparing it to my z sunny day lurantis, there is just no comparison in raw power.
>>
File: 1475972072982.jpg (56KB, 724x439px) Image search: [Google]
1475972072982.jpg
56KB, 724x439px
>>30160152
Speaking of Magnezone, I really really REALLY tried to make Grubbin/Charjabug work, but it was just too shit. Too slow, Sp. Atk isn't high enough to bother using all the way into the near end game to evolve in Vast Poni Canyon, and my team composition was hilariously Fairy weak would explain why I had so much trouble with Lusamines fucking Clefable, fuck that thing
>>
>>30159952
She feels like one of those mons they expect you to never take quick claw off
>>
Gumshoos was an utter piece of shit. Slow, frail, and couldn't hit hard.
Went from loving to hating it pretty fast, but for some reason I kept the deadweight piece of shit until the league.
>>
>>30160297
And this is just with the traded Careful Stena, right?
>>
Lurantis.

Phomatis was deadweight half the game but I had hopes when it evolved. Then Lurantis was alright for a few levels but by the end it was deadweight since it was slow as fuck.

A shame because the design is cool
>>
>>30159191
Lycanroc-Night ended up doing suprisingly well for me, despite being the worse of the two.
>>
>>30160265
Is it just me, or do A LOT of new Pokemon this generation have a 5% encounter rate in a single specific area? Like, over half, I find.
>>
>>30160219
>Scratch
>Leer

What the fuck? Have you never heard of a TM in your life? The move Re-Learner at the Elite Four can make it relearn Flare Blitz and the TMs it can use are Leech Life, Acrobatics, Brick Break, and Earthquake
>>
>>30160265
No? Bounsweet has a 40% encounter rate.
>>
>>30160290
Shuckle becomes better with power split, allows him to do some actual fucking damage with rock moves
There's also power trick but christ is that risky
>>
>>30159763
Slowbro is a fucking monster though. Crabrawler requires dedication, I used one early game but later it loses usefulness and personally I don't think the wait to evolve is worth it.
>>
File: 1467663932332.jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1467663932332.jpg
18KB, 300x300px
>Tfw everyone on my team pulls their weight
>>
>>30160251
she bends over and takes it to anything, but she'll fuck shit up until they hit her.
>>
>>30160372
Are you sure? It took me 15 minutes to find one.
>>
>>30160340
Bouncee is adamant on Akala, Steena is the careful one in Poni.

I used Bouncee and she is ridiculous in execution, heck even freaking adamant 31 ivs Araquanid or quiet 31 spatk Wishiwashi couldn't keep up with that beast in my ingame run, heck I think it might hit harder than my lonely light ball voltackle Pikachu...

Get Bouncee, she is worth the trade.
>>
>>30159927
Yet despite being hot garbage in-game, he still somehow ended up in OU.
>>
>>30160131
Here's your (you).
>>
>>30160397
That's what's on Serebii, at least. You probably just got bad luck. Took me an hour and a half to find a 10%.
>>
Did anyone use Araquanid? I wanna know how it is
>>
>>30160445
Electivire was OU in Gen 4. That doesn't mean shit until the meta actually settles a few months in
>>
>>30160357
it's further sign they got very very lazy.
>>
>>30160464
It's awesome. Turns water moves into psycho death killers
>>
>>30160464
I liked Araquanid, but it was just too weak for me to keep on using. It really needed a physical water move early on, and it doesn't get one until the 50s.
>>
>>30160334
Mine was a huge help during the League. She swept the Champ and Ghost E4 Big Jaws with Cruch was awesome.
>>
>>30160103
This. They could have taken another 15 of its attack and put it in sp.A but noòooo.
>>
>>30160464
Pretty useful. Slap scald/liquidation with abug move and if your try hard a assult vest and you got yourself a reliable pokemon. Typing has its downsides but so does most, great in game.
>>
File: 1479737682236.jpg (388KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1479737682236.jpg
388KB, 1000x1000px
Yungoose.

I expected a shitmon, but god DAMN. Replaced him with Rockruff and haven't looked back.
>>
>>30159103
Zygarde 10%, but that's because he was a tad underleveled.
>>
File: IMG_6505.jpg (66KB, 644x755px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6505.jpg
66KB, 644x755px
>>30159103
>Palossand surviving more than one supereffective hit
At least it was slightly better than dealing with Sandygast. That was hell.
>>
File: lycanroc_midnight_770x562.png (174KB, 770x562px) Image search: [Google]
lycanroc_midnight_770x562.png
174KB, 770x562px
>Frail so gets one shotted a lot
>not sonic speed so a lot of older gen mons outsped it

why
>>
>>30160464
A complete monster on par with Wishiwashi, Magneton and Tsareena.

Seriously use this guy, scald is close by and that's all you need toll you get liquidation at lv 57. You can tank hits like a beast if you use lefties+ the passive water recovery move. It evolves at lv 22 and one shoots nearly everything.
>>
>>30159311
Ribombee is unexpected MVP
>>
>>30160521
Did you play the game? AV isn't available until Battle Tree post-game and Liquidation isn't available until late 50s. Scald is meh, but better than Bubble Beam, I guess. It's pretty bad in-game, it'd be better with an early physical water-type move.
>>
>>30159984
I want a Dhelmise but the fishing is hell in this game. Anyone got any tips for fishing I can't get anything besides magikarp
>>
Golisopod / Gumshoos / Lumineon / Bastiodon / Crobat / Decidueye
It was Golisopod for sure. So hard to use his ability properly, you either take 49% or 100%, and once you make use of it, you have to fucking heal him anyway.
Also Gumshoos is one of the few fully evolved mons in the series who can't learn Giga Impact for no particular reason, thanks Gamefreak.
>>
>>30160530
I actually feel sorry for that mon. in any other gen he'd have been forgotten like that stupid rapist eyes gopher. but by timing irony his detective joke will forever be ignored so everyone can forever call him Trump.
>>
File: 1479787622876.png (162KB, 546x629px) Image search: [Google]
1479787622876.png
162KB, 546x629px
Who was your expected shitmon that pulled their weight abd more?
>loved the design and concept but expected a gimmick shitmon for merchandising
>death incarnate with swordsdance and STAB shadow sneak and play rough
>>
>>30160623
The only thing I can suggest is to fish for it on the steelix boat and cross your fingers.

In general though, leave and re-enter an area and fish in the spots with bubbles in.
>>
>>30160559
Seriously, this thing isn't frail at all, it always survived shit and hit hard with stone edge, I nearly swept the league just with this guy Araquanid and Tsareena while they where 4 levels behind.
>>
>>30160667
Mimikyu was a fucking staple on my team.
>>
>TFW still haven't found a special attacker yet
>>
>>30160623
Fish in spots where there's rippling water above it. These spots do not change and only appear once, however all you need to do to make it appear is exit the screen and come back. The spot with Dhelmise is right next to a door so it shouldn't be too bad.
>>
>>30160586
Should I spring for Golisopod or Araquanid? They both really appeal to me, but I'm not sure which I'd be happier using
>>
>>30160530
I'm the guy who mentioned Crabrawler above, and Gumshoos is actually more helpful. Silk Scarf Take Down one shots a lot of things.
>>
>>30160623
The only thing you can do is go to the Steelix boat and fish in the bubbly area next to it. When you catch shit just go inside, come back out and try again. It's what I did.

Such a shame Dhelmise is so late in the game. Almost as disappointing as the UB's being endgame. I was hoping to at least catch Buzzwole/Pheromosa at around 45 or so on Poni Island. Considering that you go to Poni Island just as soon as the UB's are unleashed, it's kind of dumb you don't get to catch one pretty soon after they're unleashed.
>>
Crabominable.

Things were alright when it was Crabrawler, though it certainly got outclassed as the rest of the team evolved. By the time it actually evolved, there were only 5 fights left, and it was basically dead weight in several of them due to typing alone. I had to send it out first in the final battle just to give it a chance to shine.
>>
File: 1479161378157.jpg (775KB, 1629x1763px) Image search: [Google]
1479161378157.jpg
775KB, 1629x1763px
>>30160623
Find someone to trade with. Honestly I love with fuck and it pulled its weight and more but fuck them and its method of finding it. Traded someone a HA mareanie for a brave natured one, wrecked shit.
>>
>>30160559
He wasn't that frail. Surprisingly this nigga could take a hit.
>>
>Was so excited as a Ghost main for all the new cool ghost pokemon
>Everything under the sun has a dark attack
>>
>>30160736
Do you want a big, bulky motherfucker that runs away like a bitch all the time? Or a spooder that is actually useable and has three abilities for the price of one?
>>
>>30160695
Raichu is decent though unless you want to train a shitty pikachu until level 34, you're stuck with thundershock snd charge beam for electric moves. Fortunately, no matter what level you evolve it at, you will get Psychic immediately (new feature with stone evolutions I think).
Wishiwashi is a great mixed attacker as well.
>>
>>30160736
Gosliopod has a shit tier ability, Araquinid has a god tier ability. Take your pick.
>>
File: IMG_6513.png (260KB, 1024x546px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6513.png
260KB, 1024x546px
>>30160667
>Expected it to be trash due to its list of weaknesses and basic design
>An absolute monster who could outspeed a lot and be slow enough to Payback anything it needed to, practically get hit by a meteor the size of planet Earth and only take 50 HP out of its 200 and hit like said meteor.

I'm proud of this little dude. He carried the frail members of my team who constantly disappointed me and more. Bewear is one of my favorites now thanks to the playthrough I've done with it.
>>
>>30160736
Goli's a bigger pain to get and initially level, Ara it's more no phys water for a long time.

it boils down to if you want a freaky alien with limited stab options water wise for awhile, or you want a giant badass muscle bug whose secretly a punk and will run randomly
>>
>>30160739
I always expected it with the UB's. they were hyped as being something more than just regular pokes and that screams 'post game only' unless your the literal box legendary.

im glad dhelmise is decent, but seriously enough gamefreak, four grass ghost lines in 2 gens isn't going to make people forgot how creatively lazy you were with fire starters.
>>
File: 1473967495627.png (280KB, 580x566px) Image search: [Google]
1473967495627.png
280KB, 580x566px
>>30160559
Not sure what you're doing. Rock dog was good to me especially with a wide lense and fast/bulky enough to outspeed/survive most stuff.
>>
>>30160792
nope they changed Evo move learning,a bunch of mons have a move they force learn upon evo from the top of their move list, it'll overwrite moves their supposed to learn at that level. (example Abra evolving at 16 will learn kinesis, but not confusion, so he now needs to be baby sat until 21 to get a psychic attack._
>>
Honestly I can say my team had any duds at all.
Primarina, Nightruff, Salazzle, Ribombee, Ninetales, and Kommo-o were all great when the time called for it.
>>
>>30159103
Decidueye and Vikavolt. Ironically, as soon as Charjabug evolved it lost its usability.

Decidueye is just so fucking slow and gets slammed by everything especially before it evolves. It learns good moves but it's just not strong enough.
>>
>>30160623 Here
I just got a Dhelmise thanks guys that wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be.
>>
>>30161088
I honestly love the fuck out of charjabug more than it's evo (evos badass don't get me wrong) but Charja literally going beep beep makes me want to hug it

but I do agree, way to long to evolve him and by attack type switching the only way you can 'use' him during story mode is either never evolve him and leave him a bus or bench him until you can full evo him.
>>
>>30160017
So, what's your team?
>>
Vulpix was kind of shaky until they learned ice beam and turned into a monster. I've been rotating out pokemon just to play a little with all of them but the only weak link that stuck around was Umbreon. I needed him for the ghost trial but after that Mimikyu took his place. Poor guy. Move pools not great this time around.
>>
File: sandslash-alolan.jpg (44KB, 343x380px) Image search: [Google]
sandslash-alolan.jpg
44KB, 343x380px
It feels like everything in the game has fighting coverage.
>>
>shitting on my nigga Pallosand.
Sand veil Pham.
>>
>>30161370
>So excited to see my bro back in the limelight after so many years, inclduing after FUCKING EXADRILL ensured it would be a shitmon
>Turns out it's even more of a shitmon thanks to Ice typing being so shitty defense wise and steel's not doing it any favors.
Forever sad...
>>
>>30159103
Is it really that bad? I want thinking of picking one up because it looks cool as shit
>>
>>30161479
Dude you can get by with anything in game. Just choose which mons you like the best
>>
>>30160775
This right here is why my mono psychic team is going through hell right now. Just why does everything have pursuit, fuck that move
>>
>>30161088
Im just coming up to 4th trial now. Got a level 25 Charja. Should I bench him and call my dream dead with the bug :(
>>
Lurantis was the obvious weak link
>Too fragile to tank hits
>Too slow to sweep
>Grass type is overall really bad
Couldn't even stack up against the rock and ground Grand Trials. Not totally helpless, though.
>>
>>30161551
Eviolite Charjabug was incredible but it kinda got left behind a bit as the levels began to rise. Vikavolt is so fucking slow and not very bulky to compensate. Seriously, this low speed meme isn't funny. It's just annoying.
>>
File: 419Floatzel.png (114KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
419Floatzel.png
114KB, 431x431px
>>30159191
I think it's similar to floatzel but with a stronger attack and interesting offensive typing
>>
>>30160251
>>30160390
She's a SATK Weavile pretty much on the other end. Weaviles Ice/Dark ATK, she's Fire/Posion SATK. Both of them get their respctive attack boost and great STAB and coverage. Both can fuck shit up till something wacks them once w/o focus sash.
>>
>>30161607
It got agility and was bulky enough for me. Even with a -Sp att nature it was a great contributor to my team before and after evolution
>>
>>30161559
Z Sunny Day can be fun to pull off, but Contrary just works better since at least it gets some special coverage that's not HP. It's a bitch to try and pull both TR and Drought up, but when you do it It's so satisfying.
>>
>>30161551
I did the whole game with it. Eviolite helps out until evo, but it won't be a star. Then it has an awkward phase between evolving and the E4 where it has no good moves save Thunderbolt. Move tutor is a godsend, though because Bug Buzz and Agility does wonders, albeit it is still pretty slow with one agility.
>>
Has anyone tried Drampa ?
Also, for further PT, doesn't mimikyu learn its stabs too late ?
>>
>>30161777
Pyukumuku doesn't learn any STAB, no seriously, the only offensive move you'll find on it is Counter.
>>
>>30159594
This. Maybe because I got a modest one. Maybe cause it happened that my entire team was physical, or maybe cause I got him underleveled, but this guy rarely pulled his weight unless I needed death fodder/priority
>>
File: IMG_1375.jpg (43KB, 236x214px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1375.jpg
43KB, 236x214px
Pretty much everyone on my team has been pulling their weight.
MVP is probably my Magneton though.
>fuckhuge SpA
>decent defenses also Steel type to resist everything
>TWave for fucking over enemies and capturing
>it can use fucking Eviolite
This thing one-shots pokemon equal to it in level with normal effectiveness attacks.
>>
>>30161811
>mimikyu
>>
>>30159740
Honestly he was kind of a letdown too by the end. Evolved right before the e4 and it made him weak to 3 members. Him and Komala are the weak links of my time
>>
>>30159840
Opposite here. Muk only got better for me as the game went on. Great defensive and offensive typing with access to some great moves
>>
>>30161811
Read that again, please.
>>
File: 500px-723Dartrix[1].png (129KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
500px-723Dartrix[1].png
129KB, 500x500px
>>30159103
I replaced this shit with a Mimikyu before it could evolve.

Grass was proving near worthless for my team, it was often too slow, and it barely learned anything good enough by L33.

Doesn't help that when I looked at my file using PKHex after beating it, it had 0 or near 0 IVs in HP, Def, and SpD. Made it frail as fuck
>>
>>30161956
Magneton cheapens the difficulty of the game somewhat, he's just that good.
>>
File: 1476972539802.png (742KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1476972539802.png
742KB, 1280x1280px
I'd like to think all my mons carried their weight, but Oranguru seemed to the most lackluster of the bunch.
>>
>>30160260
This. Should've replaced it with Passimian but I already had it for so long at that point
>>
>>30162030
>>30161972
Oh, ha sorry this is what happenes when I type at 2 in the morning. Ignore my post then.
>>
>>30162139
I was really surprised.
Despite all my time with the series I've never used it in my playthroughs of any pokemon game up until now.
>>
>>30162139
I actually ditched my magnemite at lvl 18 because I fucking knew he'd make the game a complete cakewalk.
>>
>>30162272
I used him in Emerald, so when I saw him, I just thought it'd try using him again now that he has another evolution. Definitely worked out.
>>
File: 1465856864122.jpg (116KB, 1024x1006px) Image search: [Google]
1465856864122.jpg
116KB, 1024x1006px
>Jolteon

Why the fuck is it so bad? Thing dies if anyone looks at it the wrong way
>>
>>30162364
>65/60/95
Nigga is going to crumple under any physical attack.
>>
File: 2016-11-15 23.23.27.jpg (187KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-15 23.23.27.jpg
187KB, 640x480px
>>30159103
Decidueye and Toucannon. Both are terribly slow and get 1HKO'd or near that by a huge amount of pokemon. Toucannon also doesn't even get anything to abuse Skill Link with until very late into the game.

My first playthrough was pic related, replaced Decidueye with Minior a bit later. Kept the birb because I couldn't decide its replacement.

Now I'll start a run on Sun and my planned team is Incineroar, Zygarde 10%, Lycanrock (day), Mimikyu, Tsareena (again), Araquanid
>>
>>30162449
Why does Tsareena almost solo the game?
>>
File: 600px-754Lurantis.png (142KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600px-754Lurantis.png
142KB, 600x600px
):
>>
>>30161956
This guy here. I purposely kept mine unevolved for the extra bulk from Eviolite and 10 Speed over Magnezone.
>>
File: 1479098722427.png (207KB, 1024x1283px) Image search: [Google]
1479098722427.png
207KB, 1024x1283px
>>30162491
Because she's royalty.
>>
>>30162449

Man, what? My Toucannon was incredible.

Guess I got some good IVs
>>
>>30162449
How was Minior? You get him about midway through the game, right?
>>
File: IMG_1356.jpg (50KB, 639x633px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1356.jpg
50KB, 639x633px
>>30162645
>Beak Blast
>>
File: 28b.png (308KB, 863x1015px) Image search: [Google]
28b.png
308KB, 863x1015px
>>30162491
Because she's best girl.
>>
>>30159594
Mine was at first too but after I got Bulk Up I used him as a lead to set up on some fights
>>
>>30160481
Why would that even be a sign of supposedly them getting lazy like at all
>>
File: toucan.png (47KB, 630x399px) Image search: [Google]
toucan.png
47KB, 630x399px
>>30162645
I checked its IVs after beating and game and yeah, they were all around shit except for Atk.

>>30162670
Minior is great, in shield form it's immune to status, so against anything that likes to spam thunder wave, wow, or toxic it's going to get one or two free Shell Smashes, and even in shield form, it's going to deal huge damage with Acrobatics alone.
>>
>>30159311

Ribombee is amazing
>>
File: bitch.jpg (38KB, 338x395px) Image search: [Google]
bitch.jpg
38KB, 338x395px
>tfw none of your mons are weak links in the team
sneasel and rufflet are the only arguable ones but that's because
>evolving at 47 (for ice shard) and 54
>in sneasel's case a lack of good physical STABs without tutors

i suppose actually getting decent natures helps too
>>
I really hate Tsareena's design. Call me autist but I think I'll keep my Steenee unevevolved for the whole game, how fucked am I?
>>
>>30159521
>her
>>
>>30161956
>try to get a pure new Pokemon team, can't find anything so I just bring Magnemite along
>it carries its weight so well I don't want to change it

Stop it Magneton.
>>
>>30159103
Passing on First Impression was a mistake
>>
File: golisopod_by_alexalan-dalj17d.png (214KB, 912x875px) Image search: [Google]
golisopod_by_alexalan-dalj17d.png
214KB, 912x875px
>>30163848
>>
>>30160352
>Lycanroc-Night
>Worse of the two
Oh you poor cum guzzling child. A 40 bp priority move isnt everything.
>>
>>30160219
>Scratch
>Leer
what are TMs, bro

give that thing Leech Life
>>
>>30160352
Lycanroc-Night is better for in game. At 82 speed it will already outspeed the majority of pokemon in game and it gets extra bulk.

No Guard Stone Edge would also be amazing.
>>
>>30160352
Much like Zygarde and Araquanid, Lycanroc-N was understimated on paper.

Not to say its broken as Zygarde, but it usually does way better than people expect it to do.
>>
File: a-raichu.png (132KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
a-raichu.png
132KB, 500x500px
I just needed something that could kill poison types, since my team had 2 fairies and a grass type, yet Alola Raichu was shit from start to end. (And I captured Pichu early).

Not even using charm helped that much, since I had to switch it immediately or risk being KO'd.
>>
>>30160017
Same man. Same.
>>
>>30160099
>>30162500

Fuck this turd. Too slow to sweep, not strong enough to kill anything when it lands a hit, and too frail to even take a hit.
>>
File: Drampa.full.2014554.jpg (751KB, 1161x1455px) Image search: [Google]
Drampa.full.2014554.jpg
751KB, 1161x1455px
>>30161777
>drampa
holy shit, i completely forgot about that fluffy fucker. i have heard almost nothing about him and i have not seen him discussed on /vp/ at all. please don't be shit.

anyone know about drampa?
>>
File: 8cf[1].jpg (76KB, 900x694px) Image search: [Google]
8cf[1].jpg
76KB, 900x694px
>>30160667
A-Raticate.

Hustle can be frustrating by when it works the Hyper Fangs and Crunches hit like a freight train.
>>
>>30163453
Verily.
The BST jump is huge.
>>
>>30164024
There's probably no discussion because you can only catch one literally right before the elite 4
>>
>>30164024
Drampa is great, just only found in the area right before the E4 in Moon.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/drampa-discussion.3586485/
>>
>>30164024
Low encounter rate syndrome like every other bastard in this game.
>>
>>30159448
I went to the area before the last totem pokemon. Same level as victory road but more xp.
>>
>>30164003
I tried babying it with a Drought Torkoal and it was still kinda meh. It did a number on Acerola's Pallosand for me but not much else.
>>
>>30160059
golisopod carried my team but his ability sucks dongs, it's pretty much his only shortcoming.
>>
>>30159103

>Diglett is somehow less bulky than mudbray despite having a 10 level advantage

Dropped him pretty fucking hard when I spent about ten seconds to compare stats.

Honestly the last slot of my team has been permanently filled with shitmons. Haven't figured out anything good

>>30160667
>Poison was such a shit tier, weak to psychic
>Suddenly not weak to psychic
>ACTUALLY IMMUNE TO PSYCHIC
>Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck Muk jesus christ the wall is made of toxic waste and blissey tears.
>>
File: 600px-738Vikavolt.png (154KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600px-738Vikavolt.png
154KB, 600x600px
It went from my MVP to useless when it evolved, what the fuck
>>
File: 1479622084303.png (61KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1479622084303.png
61KB, 300x300px
>always got KO'd before doing significant damage
>Slower than other Trainer's pokemon half of the time
>only saw glory when the opponent was too underleveled or at a type disadvantage
>>
My team is Decidueye, Alakazam, Midday Lycanroc, Umbreon, Zygarde 10% and Golisopod. Decidueye was tricky to use, but, when used right, more than carried his weight. I'd have to say Golisopod. When she worked, she worked, but that Emergency Exit kinda screwed me over a few times.
>>
File: Shiinotic_(dream_world).png (32KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Shiinotic_(dream_world).png
32KB, 200x200px
Can't tank, can't kill, pretty much worthless until it gets spore and even then it's just a sporebot.
>>
>>30164205
>having a charjabug all the way up to poni
>>
>>30164160
Holy crap, I want one - what is it with cute SpA dragons that I adore? Also thanks for your giveaways, you're a dude.

Think I might raise one over Lurantis, I'm really disappointed with Lurantis and Vikavolt. I was pretty excited when I saw their designs.
>>
Anybody have that picture of which pokemon are located on each island?
>>
>>30164363
Eviolite Charjabug can carry you through the entire game.
>>
>>30160219
Flare Blitz
Darkest Lariat
[whatever]
U-Turn

voila
>>
>>30164331
it kills alot with gigadrain
>>
File: 1479702725036.png (84KB, 250x419px) Image search: [Google]
1479702725036.png
84KB, 250x419px
>ctrf f
>vikavolt
>only 6

surprised.

like holy hell its stats are "everything's sacked for retarded spec atk". not even agility could save him
>>
File: a-marowak.png (118KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
a-marowak.png
118KB, 500x500px
Complete ass. Not a single good fire type or ghost type move
>>
>disappointing pokemon thread
>almost every new mon

I think I'm noticing a pattern here
>>
Fucking TURTONATOR
>>
>>30164759
aye my turtonator was my ace
>>
Salazzle, dies in one hit ton anything. MVP was drizzle pelipper, with scald hes a monster physical wall and the drizzle boost made him the hardest hitter on my team.
>>
File: a-exeggutor.png (82KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
a-exeggutor.png
82KB, 500x500px
I caught this on that island, yes. I thought it'd be cool since I heard Exeggutor is bulky and powerful.

My experience with it was not like I had hoped. It's strong, yes, but it can't take as much as it can dis, and it also suffers from being slow and having to deal with the standard Exeggutor learnset with those dumb and near useless Psychic moves.
>>
>>30160820
>list of weaknesses
>literally 3 weaknesses + sometimes fire
Wut?
>>
>>30164677
Vikavolt needs its attack and speed stats swapped. Why the fuck does it have so many physical attacks in its moveset anyway?
>>
Gamefreak needs to move into the current era and realize the full potential of what online service can do. Take Vikavolt. Everyone agrees he sucks, with an online patch they could boost his speed without us having to wait another generation.
>>
>>30159103
My entire team was great. Alolan Muk, Ribombee, and Salazzle in particular not only got me through the game but pulled a lot of weight in Battle Royale. I only switched Ribombee and Salazzle out with Tapu Fini and Kartana in the later stages.
>>
>>30164744
Move relearner
it's actually a beast and counters literally every (except Guzzlord) Ultra Beast
>>
>>30164746
Everything I used worked well but I was actually trying for synergy.
>>
File: 1479946090238.png (17KB, 140x134px) Image search: [Google]
1479946090238.png
17KB, 140x134px
>Vikavolt
Charjabug was a bro. Slapped eviolite on it since I totally missed the geothermal place on my play through. Did pretty well with t-wave to help me catch some other pokemon. When I finally did evolve it, its stats and movepool and speed were nothing special. Boxed.

>Mimikyu
After spending nearly 45 minutes trying to encounter one in the abandoned mart I finally got it. Wasn't impressed. Boxed.

>Crabrawler
Wanted to like it. The super late evolution made it useless and outclassed.

>Wishiwashi
Even with Schooling as an Ability and the stat boosts that come with it, it didn't have any synergy on my team.

>Komala
I wanted to like it. Gimmicky shitmon.

On the other hand: Bewear, Mudsdale, Araquanid, Alolan Muk, and Alolan Persian all ended up being good additions to my teams in both games.

Say what you will about the exp share but damn, I was happy to have it since I ended up changing my team so much. Made catching up the newbies a lot easier.
>>
>>30160372
Bullshit.
>>
>>30159103
HA is the only reasonable way to run this thing.
And getting HA in sun and moon is torture.
>>
>>30159822
Low sp.atk and low defenses. Got OHKO'd almost always, so I dropped it (for a sandygast which sucked just as much desu, but I spent so much time getting it into a Palossand I had to use it) since I was about to get a Primarina anyway and I like type diversity.
>>
>>30165038
Well that is what the EXP share is for.
>>
>>30159706
minior is right outside the observatory bro

puke berry is just in the water bro
>>
>>30162491
>surprisingly bulky especially after landing a Trop Kick
>good movepool
>cucks priority
>High Jump Kick
>huge attack stat
>>
Literally every other Pokemon I've used has been a bro. (Or sis in the case of Salazzle) Only my starter has been mediocre.
>>
>>30165080
>low special attack
But it isn't bad
>Primarina
Oh, just shit taste
>>
>>30165081
Oh, I know. It surprises me that people are so anti Exp Share because it somehow makes the games "too easy."
>>
>>30159103
Pikachu. I tried to get A-Raichu but i boxed it for A-Marowak, who i also ended up boxing for Minior.

>pichu is made of glass and so is pikachu
>A-Marowak evolves and loses STAB on Bonemerang and only has Flame Charge to make up for it

Brionne was also terrible until it evolved. One of the worst levelup learnsets i've ever seen. Encore? Sing? Fucking DOUBLESLAP at level 34 or so? All it can do is Scald.
>>
>>30160546
Same. His attack and speed made him a great sweeper, but he dies to anything if you aren't carful when switching him in
>>
every gen i try to make goldeen work
it never works
>>
>>30165087
Everyone is forgetting Acrobatics, but with that she solo'd the fighting E4.

>>30165117
Minior is the ultimate replacement Pokemon.

>>30165110
You need that shit for some of the level jumps the game makes.
>>
>>30165110
To be fair if you don't switch your team up you will end up crazy overleveled with exp share on and the game will be a cakewalk. I had to ditch my whole team halfway through the game once I realized I was 12 levels above the wild pokemon
>>
>>30165184
Wild Pokemon are a shit margin. Totem Mimikyu is lower level than some of the trainers you face reaching it.
>>
>>30165218
My bad, meant Vikavolt
>>
>>30165218
I disagree. Once you get past the early routes, wild pokemon are a good marker of where you should be at in XY and SM.

Doesn't apply to the older games where wild pokemon were 10+ levels below the trainer pokemon.
>>
>>30160667
I expected mimikyu to be absolute shit but he ended up carrying my team a lot of the time.
>>
>>30160667
It's my bro so I've used it and its evo many times already but goddamn Sturdy+TWave is so good in this game.
>>
>>30165038
>Slapped eviolite on it since I totally missed the geothermal place on my play through
what does the geothermal place do?
>>
>>30165038
>>Mimikyu
>Wasn't impressed. Boxed.
You did something wrong.
>>
>>30165144
Coulda had a good alolan form too, Idk maybe water-dragon and made it like a physical kingdra
>>
>>30163828
I purposefully avoided using anything pre-Gen 7. I was really tempted to use Vaporeon (my bro), especially when you get the Eevee egg, but I didn't because I knew it would just be permanent slot on team, and my Primarina would be permanent box.
>>
>>30160667
Ribombee. I don't know what possessed them to make Pollen Puff 90BP, but i'm happy with it
>>
File: 1469382902716.png (16KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1469382902716.png
16KB, 500x500px
>This thread
How some of you manage to fuck up using great mons is beyond me
>>
>>30165315
>You did something wrong.
Yeah, I spent time catching that piece of shit.
>>
>Decidueye
Expected this guy to be good. Ends up having unusable STAB in game (Tsareena is a better Grass type, not like I ended up needing it). Mimikyu/A-Marowak are better Ghosts.

Problem is, its SE attacks barely KO the enemy even when its 5 levels above.

>Wishiwashi
Tanks like a beast (early game), hits like a truck as well. But is easily outsped later on causing its ability to deactivate ASAP.
>>
File: 1440154553905.jpg (69KB, 765x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1440154553905.jpg
69KB, 765x1024px
>>30165038
>hating Vikavolt
>hating his fucking impressive movepool and Sp.Attk which can OHKO most shitters who stay in on him
>hating Mimikyu
>Shadow Sneak/ Play Rough after GUARANTEED Swords Dance is unimpressive
you have the worst opinions
>>
>>30165339
But then it would just be an inferior Kingdra.
>>
>>30163946
My way of using this guy was to just send him in against something offensively weak, and set up with triple nasty plot. Spam psychic/t-bolt and sweep. Cleared Flying E4 like a breeze especially with Skarmory setting up Spikes while I set up Nasty Plot.
>>
>>30165038
>Mimikyu

Nigga please. By the time it becomes available, you can teach it Swords Dance and Shadow Claw right off the bat. Its ability means guaranteed setup.
>>
>>30164024
Slow as fuck but good god damn he's got coverage out the ass. I used him in the elite 4 to cover some attack types my others couldn't and be kind of a special defense tank and he worked out pretty well.
>>
>>30165416
>STOP DISLIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE
>M-MUB BRO IS BEING ATTACKED
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Fuck off, fagtard. If you want your ~*SAFE**SPACE*~
>>>/reddit/
>>
File: comfey_by_kageto_okami-dabfspj.png (393KB, 1280x1300px) Image search: [Google]
comfey_by_kageto_okami-dabfspj.png
393KB, 1280x1300px
Anyone attempt to use this?
>>
>>30165473
>sperging when he was calm
I regret electing Trump if it meant enabling faggots like you
>>
>>30165502
>Le We Go H I G H maymay xD
Kill yourself.
>>
>>30165473
>shouting at someone for being right.
>>
>>30159191
I replaced mine as well. It wasn't his speed or his power, but I just needed something with more coverage. Ended up replacing with Minior who surprisingly has been a lot better than I would have expected.
>>
>>30159103
I put Pyukumuku on my team only to later learn the only damaging move it learns is fucking Counter.
>>
>>30165564
>opinions can be wrong just because you dont like it
Children in kindergarten know thats not fucking true. They are five. What's your excuse, retard?
>>
File: 1478031834856.jpg (61KB, 784x522px) Image search: [Google]
1478031834856.jpg
61KB, 784x522px
>>30165473
>giving an in-depth analysis on really good mons that don't get the time of day because people don't pay attention to detail
>get accused of being a redditard
>putting words in my mouth
>being autistic
wew laddie
>>
>>30165499
I fought a double battle against this little shit and it was pretty tough.
>>
I'm at the end of the second island, should I head back and swap my Charja for a Ribombee now?
>>
>>30165106
Okay, wow I just checked base stats and it's got 95 Sp.Atk? wtf. Mine barely had over its attack stat. It never OHKO'd anything. I might breed one and get it optimized I guess. Jolly nature didn't help, but I didn't think it would affect it that negatively.
>>
>>30159679
Garbage. Doesn't learn a single damaging move (well, except Counter)
>>
>>30165592
Wew, she mad.
>>
>>30165609
why not use both?
work well together imo
Charja whittles down opponent
Ribombee finishes them
>>
>>30165601
>samefagging over and over

>in-depth analysis
keep sperging out, faggot. The only thing you've ever had in deep is the a cock rammed up your ass and down your throat simultaneously.
>>
>>30165639
I already have a golisopod and don't really want to run 3x bug
>>
>>30159103
Alolan Dugtrio was fun for a while but I ended up replacing for other stuff. It was quick but it didn't really hold much else.

I also tried out Metagross for a bit and jesus fuck those steel nerfs slay him.
>>
>>30165603
Its designed as a double battle partner and not much else.
>>
>>30165655
Lycanroc then
stops flying-types from harassing your bugs
>>
Fucking Vullaby, I got him because I saw he was a moon exclusive but he needed his evolution 20 lvls earlier, nigga literally evolved after the last elite 4 fight.
>>
My Shiny Magneton has been the most useful of my team by far. Who knew a gen 1 fucking magnet was so strong? Never used him before but I'm impressed, didn't plan on having him in my party but he was my first ever wild shiny so I couldn't resist
>>
>>30165641
>samefagging
prove it
>>
>>30165729
120 Special Attack son.
>>
>>30165740
not how burden of proof works.
Disprove the claim, fag. Protip: you cant.
>>
Pallosand on a sandstorm team is a godlike wall. Let it tank 1 water attack and it's fucking immortal.
>>
about to start a run through Sun.
Was thinking of using: Incineroar, Mimikyu, Tsareena, Toxapex, Rockruff, Passimian.

Other than a lack of SpA. what should I be aware of?
>>
>>30165729
Magneton seems to be one of the most common Pokemon brought up for just being amazing in this game, never seen anyone say they had to drop him for being useless.
>>
>>30165729
Same man, I had 4 alola pokemon on my team but magneton and pelipper carried all those useless fucks
>>
File: 1466657011628.jpg (102KB, 878x742px) Image search: [Google]
1466657011628.jpg
102KB, 878x742px
>>30165768
Don't have to prove anything to some literally who, who throws accusations around like it's going out of style. Believe what you want, use what you want. Be insensible as much as you want.
>>
>>30165820
>further proving the point
only someone this BTFO would be this afraid to prove he isnt a samefagging sperglord who got ass blasted because someone called his bro what it really is: a complete piece of shit.
>>
>>30165847
If you weren't half retarded you could check the time between posts. if you look with your special eyes you can see they were less than a minute apart, a good indicator it isn't one person/ip. Enjoy your first day here.
>>
>>30165935
>what is using a phone to avoid cooldowns
>what is switching a vpn on or/off

Wew, who else is /fristdayhere/ like this faggot is?
>>
File: 1442919807780.jpg (73KB, 644x850px) Image search: [Google]
1442919807780.jpg
73KB, 644x850px
>>30165970
>accusations AGAIN
on my computer you fuck
also that wasn't me
>>
>>30166035
>STILL cant prove anything
Stay mad BTFOfag. Stay very mad and keep posting your low poly memes.
>>
>>30164971
Oh yes i'll use the move relearner that's AT THE END OF THE FUCKING GAME
>>
>>30166139
I was speaking for competitive but I see your point
still, he IS really strong with Flare Blitz and EQ
>>
>>30166139
here, I'll give you a demonstration
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-481745004
>>
>>30166195
>>30166251
competitive isn't the same as ingame, something can be great in competitive and absolutely worthless ingame, just look at Smeargle.
>>
>>30166275
just saying it's really strong in another setting, where it shines
obviously it's kind of a let-down in single player, but can still hit hard with fire STAB and EQ
too bad you can't abuse juicy ghost STAB
>>
>>30161456
Its miles better than regular sandslash. You just need to use it on a hail team
>>
>>30160820
Bewear is amazing if it has Fluffy
>>
>>30162645
>Beak Blast
>Flame Charge
>Brick Break
>Bullet Seed
This bird was made for murder
>>
>>30164235
You sure it doesn't have shit def IVs? Mine's usually able to take at least 3 super effective attacks before going down and murders things with scald/bubble beam
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.