[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Platinum is good, only Diamond & Pearl are bad. No.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (340KB, 1104x990px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
340KB, 1104x990px
>Platinum is good, only Diamond & Pearl are bad.

No.

Anyways, what went wrong?
>>
>>30157600
way too slow. there is no place to hatch eggs fast. postgame was cool though
>>
really really fucking slow even with animations turned off, no good fire pokemon and the game punishes you for not using garchomp
>>
Rock Climb.
Defog.
Mud Routes.
Snow Routes.
>>
>>30157600
>only game with a decently designed Elite 4
>only game with good gyms, other than Emerald, which had a shit awful Elite 4

It's the only game I ever see myself replaying.
>>
Infernape
Houndoom
Rapidash
Rotom Heat
Flareon
Magmar/Magmortar

Not to mention the huge range of pokemon that get fire type moves like Clefable with fire blast
>>
>>30157877
>rotom-heat
>platinum
honey...

Infernape and Houndoom are the only well designed fire types out of all gens, I don't see why people even bother bitching desu.
>>
>>30157600
I agree. Platinum is ok at best, and D/P are irredeemably shit.

Why? Probably the obvious--slowness, boring and uninspired evil team, unmemorable gym leaders, bad battle music, absolutely terrible new mons.
>>
SLOW
also I just started Platinum again, why does every route have the same shitmons before 2nd gym
and every notsoshitmon is a trade evolution episode
>>
>>30157600
Platinum's a great game, but it's still too slow which is annoying (though not as bad as DP). The HMs suck too, here's hoping the remakes get rid of them. But Plat has too much good stuff for those fairly minor issues to greatly impact my enjoyment of the game.
>>
Emerald > HG/SS >= BW2 > Plat

None of the other games are worth playing when these games exist
>>
>>30158051
This. I remember playing Pearl and hating it, and being indifferent towards Platinum. But as of my most recent playthrough of Platinum, I feel comfortable saying it's probably my 2nd favorite only behind Emerald.
>>
>>30158054
I'd put HGSS over Emerald though
t. hoennfag
>>
>>30157917
the rotom machines were introduced in platinum retard
>>
>>30157600
your conception
>>
Platnium fixed a few of the biggest dealbreakers with DP, like expanding the Pokedex and speeding up battles slightly.
>>
>>30159047
Only if you have the Secret Key.
>>
Platinum might not have been great but in all fairness, it didn't really get the chance. It was the third version of a bad gen.
>>
>>30159047
They were all Electric/Ghost until Gen 5.
>>
>>30157987
try out flawless platinum
>>
>>30159289
HG/SS managed to be good though, it's Sinnoh as a region that was terrible.
>>
>>30157952
>unmemorable gym leaders
>>
>>30159047
>The Secret key is like the Flute and was never given out
I hate how D/P/P had all these event triggers, and we only ever got a few of them in HG/SS because they couldn't think of any real way of handing them out, even though that was the start of the entire online aspect.
>>
>>30157600
Aside from the engine? The Dex.

Look, you guys ever use Double Team in game? It feels like the AI always hits you no matter what and it quickly becomes a waste of time to use. And then, whenever the AI uses it it's annoying to hit them and generally wastes your time.

That's what the sinnoh Dex feels like, a bunch of shitmons who are a waste of time to raise and incredibly annoying to fight. It's like they designed everything in gen 4 to be annoying as fuck and waste as much time as possible.
>>
>>30157655
there was literally a long straight line right outside the daycare.

sure, you had to go up and down, but still.
>>
>>30159047
>rotom forms
>accessible
>anything but electric ghost
sweetie...
>>
>>30159443
Sinnoh is what legacy support should be: handed out all over the place to various things based on popularity, things that seem like they're "not done yet", or things that needed an evolution to "fix" them.

Nobody gave 2 shits about Togepi or Togetic, and then Togekiss comes along and fucks shit up. Gardevoir was everyone's waifu, sure, but now you have a male option for the weebs.
>>
>>30159432
The Secret Key was given out though.
>>
>>30159359
Sinnoh was the best region in the franchise though.
>>
>>30159540
>Gardevoir was everyone's waifu, sure, but now you have a male option for the weebs.
Wait, huh? Do you mean fujoshi?
>>
>>30159613
Oh, right. He didn't become the chunni weeb option until ORAS.
>>
>>30157600
Making former shitmons viable by changing the whole physical/special attack shit.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.