[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay so I'm about 5 hrs into this game and I'm still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: XvZl36U.jpg (125KB, 1313x1400px) Image search: [Google]
XvZl36U.jpg
125KB, 1313x1400px
Okay so I'm about 5 hrs into this game and I'm still following a quest marker every half-a-route to meet some character that tells me where to go next. Is this what the whole game is like? Am I ever set free to explore on my own without Hau or Lillie or the Pokedex or some Trail Captain stopping me every 3 battles?
>>
>>30147251
not really
there's always 2 ways to go but 1 is ALWAYS blocked off, so you might as well mindlessly follow the marker

you'd think adding markers would allow them to make the games LESS linear, but no
>>
>>30147251
>Am I ever set free to explore on my own without Hau or Lillie or the Pokedex or some Trail Captain stopping me every 3 battles?
yes

after you beat the E4 and the champion
>>
>>30147282
Oh god kill me I'm so tired of cutscenes
>>
>>30147251
Yeah if you can't overlook this you are going to have a bad time.

The real problem is that early on you can't do much but fallow the marker since everything else gets blocked off. It's a story just go with it or don't play the game if that bothers you so much.
>>
File: AbsolutelyStupid.png (115KB, 238x326px) Image search: [Google]
AbsolutelyStupid.png
115KB, 238x326px
>>30147282
kek
>>
>>30147292
Before you think about suicide, keep in mind that they total 15~min in over 30h of game.

They just cut the flow.
>>
>>30147292
>suffering from ADHD

Don't play any other JRPG.
>>
>>30147942
Why do people always bring up unrelated other games because they can't accept someone may not like this?

>>30147877
This is the real problem, yeah.
>>
>>30147251
You can always fly back and are expected to fly back to previous areas or stay on the island before progressing.
>>
There's probably a few minutes of cutscene anytime you enter somewhere new. It's best to think of SuMo as an interactive movie. Ain't even kidding.
>>
>>30147251
you can find shit withouth following the marks, like rebattles and flavor text places
>>
>>30147251
yes, after you beat the Kahuna of each island you get access to everything and a few sidequests open up
>>
>>30147942
>tfw have adhd but the only painful cutscenes for me were the ones before getting the starter
>>
>>30147251
it stops once you reach the cloth shop
>>
As someone who didn't rush, I don't find the cutscenes bothersome at all. There's plenty of exploration, it's standard Pokemon fare. Backtracking, catching Pokemon in an area, etc. I seriously don't understand how people are this upset.
>>
>>30151258
Same. I enjoyed the cutscenes, actually. Looking for tms, talking to npcs, catching pokemon, I don't see the problem.
>>
>>30147292
Same here. I honestly barely care about the story. This isn't like a regular pokemon game to me.
>>
>>30147251
First Island Is bad. Gets better as it goes on.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.