[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>black and white 2 >you could catch legendaries from past

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: 59324020430.gif (726KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
59324020430.gif
726KB, 300x168px
>black and white 2
>you could catch legendaries from past gens
>pokemon x and y
>pokemon ORAS
>sun and moon
>you can catch literally NO legendaries from past gens
>>
you should ready have ORAS or even BW2 desu
>>
>>30144861
So? Haven't you already caught everything in past gens? Just use Pokemon Bank when it updates.
>>
but x/y didn't have it's own legendaries to catch in the 1st place
>>
>>30144861
Why would legendaries want to hang out on some back water islands? Seriously all Alola has are the Guardians, the space monster, and ultra beasts.
>>
File: 1473295324243.jpg (57KB, 438x445px) Image search: [Google]
1473295324243.jpg
57KB, 438x445px
>>30144861
I know. I love that they finally chose not to rehash legendaries. It was especially bad in ORAS.
>>
Honestly a bit disappointed in this. Finding out how they incorporated old legendaries into the game was the major selling point to me for the past two games.
>>
File: 4tg4p2f1.png (504KB, 650x482px) Image search: [Google]
4tg4p2f1.png
504KB, 650x482px
>>30144861
>Pokemon is the same every year!
>Drastically changes the formula for literally everything
>W-why can't I do that thing I did years ago again and again?!
>>
>>30144861

Good! Legendary Pokemon need to stay in the game/region that they're legendary to.
>>
>>30144861
Have you even played ORAS's Meta ? Fucking hell I'm glad I'll never have to see Primal Groudon or the Genies or Mega Ray's faces for a long time.
>>
>>30144912
ORAS was fucking disgusting. Never again please.

Still, S&M could've added a few oldies in. At the least for the people who didn't play x/y or ORAS. Some pokemon like Deoxys, Shaymin, and Darkrai really haven't had any decent events recently and could easily be divided. Shaymin to Sun, Darkrai to Moon, and Deoxys to both.
>>
Are we all pretending Zygarde is a Gen 7 mon now?
>>
>>30144965
>Some pokemon like Deoxys, Shaymin, and Darkrai really haven't had any decent events recently

No, they haven't had any decent in-game events ever.

Same with Mew, Celibi, Jirachi, Arceus, etc etc.
>>
>>30144965
At least I could get my Shiny Zekrom.
>>
File: get well soon zygarde.jpg (53KB, 427x458px) Image search: [Google]
get well soon zygarde.jpg
53KB, 427x458px
>>
>>30145060
I mean, zydogge and perfect zygarde are technically new.
>>
>>30144861
ORAS already killed the appeal that legendaries had.
>>
File: missed opportunity.png (407KB, 1000x651px) Image search: [Google]
missed opportunity.png
407KB, 1000x651px
>>30145044
I'm still mad.
>>
>>30145100
I'll admit ORAS was overkill but a lot of the legendaries in it were pokemon nearly impossible to obtain for anyone who didn't have a regular old DS/GBA and like, 3-4 games to bridge everything.

Sun and moon could've added a couple without it ruining anything. Shaymin and Darkrai would've been good picks.
>>
>>30144861
Because there was a fuckton of people complaining about why GF making a slippery slope to shoehorn old legendaries, specially with ORAS.
Also who even cares, by now you should have at least two copies of each legendary.
>>
>>30145170
Yeah, aren't legendaries supposed to feel legendary? Why not just give every player all three starters because they're impossible to obtain if you live in a shit place and have no wifi connection?
>>
At this point there's so many legendary pokemon that none of them really feel 'legendary' anymore. They're just OP memelords that you can't breed.
>>
>>30145178
>implying I didn't abandon ship after gen 4
>>
>>30144861
It's good, leave them behind already, regiondex only for championships and ideally in the game is how this game should work. For collection purposes and whatever bank/transfer is ideal solution.
>>
>>30145060
get well soon zygarde
>>
It's because ORAS happened and now they're too afraid to add a couple of old legendaries that never really had decent ways of obtaining into the game.

Darkrai/Shaymin Jirachi/Celibi would have been perfect and meaningful additions to Moon and Sun respectively and they wouldn't have just been shoehorned in for the sake of attracting 10 year olds.
>>
>>30144912
What a shock those "chicken chan XD" faggots have shit opinions.
>>
>>30145100
>>30145170
>overkill
That's because they went fucking overkill on legendaries.

Gen 1: 5
Gen 2: 6
Gen 3: 10 (overkill)
Gen 4: 13 (overkill)
Gen 5: 13 (overkill)
Gen 6: 6
Gen 7: I don't know if Tapus/UBs are considered legendary. Without = 5, With = 16

And that's not including Phione or shit like Rotom/Zoroark

There're 802 pokemon now and 50+ are legendary. That's a lot of fucking legends.

I enjoyed legendary hunting in ORAS, that's what post game should be like. Acquiring new items that are beneficial to you either through gameplay or team building, exploring new areas, tracking/hunting down more pokemon for your dex. Flying around Hoenn getting the gen 4 pixies gave me more to do and legendaries are fun to fight and catch so why not?

>Hmph, I got extra post-game content I didn't want, fuck game freak
>>
>>30144861
because that is pokemon stars content
because why would you buy sun and moon again without some forced new content of old mons
>>
File: 1476354613244.png (298KB, 418x394px) Image search: [Google]
1476354613244.png
298KB, 418x394px
>>30144965
>Some pokemon like Deoxys, Shaymin, and Darkrai really haven't had any decent events recently and could easily be divided.
>Deoxys

Oh, you mean that event legendary that became the first event legendary ever to become obtainable in the games WITHOUT an event?
>>
>>30145335
>attracting 10 year olds
/vp/edos are interested
>>
>>30144912
I agree. In preparation for Sun and Moon coming out, I replayed through each gen, for fun. between Platinum, HG, B2, ORAS, I have an insane number of legendaries sitting in the bank. I don't even know what to do with them.
>>
>>30145151
same here anon
>>
>>30144861
The shitty game already has about a dozen legends, which is far too many.
>>
>>30147339
work on your national dex and use them to trade for shit like porygon z

or vivilion forms
>>
>>30144861
>What is Zygarde
>>
>>30145060
get well soon zygarde
>>
>>30145009
Clearly you weren't around for gens 3-4 when these DID have god-tier in-game events. It's just that very few of them ever made it out of Japan (and in Arceus' case I don't think Sky Pillar EVER got out of Japan).
>>
>>30145060
Get well soon zygarde
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.