[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else think that the Tapus are essentially the Genies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

Does anyone else think that the Tapus are essentially the Genies done right?

Their designs are much more pleasant to the eye and while they're still dominating forces in the metagame they're not nearly as annoying to fight against.

The terrains are actually balanced and both players can take advantage of them rather than being completely 1-sided like Prankster Thunder Wave or Gen 5 weather teams.
>>
As overused as they are their designs are all good so I don't mind

Having to see those ugly fucking genies every game ruined the whole multiplayer
>>
>>30144056
>they're not nearly as annoying to fight against
that's only because all the other broken shit is still in. once all that's gone, you can be sure as shit that they'll be at the top of the meta

I will admit I like their designs a lot more compared to the genies, but genies are way more balanced than these
>>
>>30144112
nah the genies have perfectly min-maxed stats, huge movepools and borderline uncompetitive abilities.
>>
i don't mind them yet, but i know that sooner or later i will be getting mad at terrains on the same levels as genie butthurt, and you will too
>>
>>30144203
are you fucking serious? Lando I is the only one who actually has a broken ability. No one's even using the other shits right now because they aren't half as good as the tapus
>>
>>30144056
I'm still mad that their types don't match up with their island's Oricorie

Fire/Fairy seems like a really fun typing
>>
>>30144056
I fully agree, but I still love Therian Thundurus on design alone.
>>
>>30144235
the thing about terrains is that they don't benefit just a small number of pokemon like weathers and aren't "cheat" abilities like regenerator and prankster.

they're a lot more fun to play with imo.
>>
>>30144264
Take Prankster away from Thundurus and Regenerator away from Tornadus-T and see how much worse they become.
>>
>>30144366
No shit they get worse, but they aren't broken to start with. They are just good. But their abilities don't allow them to 6-0 teams, whereas the tapus do
>>
>>30144429
Prankster TWave allows you to stop a sweep that should have by all rights beaten you.
It's a tool for noobs and therefore uncompetitive.
>>
>>30144486
It is a hundred times easier to play around that than trying to play around tapus 2hko-ing nearly everything in the game
>>
>>30144056

Not really. Just more ugly, pointless pseusdo-legendaries, desu. They suffer very badly from over-design, and are hard to look at next to each other. I understand that Game Freak wanted to go with the motiff of "black people with tribal patterns," but the colors are just totally clashing and everywhere, and none of it looks like anything you'd find in nature.
>>
>>30144486

the same can be said for unaware, hazing, phasing, prankster will o wisp from sableye, intimidate, focus sash, sturdy, and the host of other abilities that allow players to react to potential sweeps. your argument doesn't make sense because sweeps can be stopped by a host of different methods, and prankster twave isn't anymore uncompetitive than any of those
>>
>>30144056
Yeah. It also helps that while they're similar, they aren't nearly as much as a copy and paste the genies were when it comes to the design aspect.
>>
They're even better than genies to the point of being straight up overpowered. It's like you mashed the best parts of Tyrantiar (weather setter with large BST) and Politoed/Ninetales (weather setters that suck by themselves but whose weather is great by itself) while also giving them great typings. Genies are for the most part just glorified pivots that can't win the entire games by themselves (unless you're sub1400 shitter) while Tapus certainly can and will. Except Fini, but we've always known >she's inferior to the other three.
>induring casuals caring about arbitrary designs attached to customizable blocks of stats and movepools
>>
>>30144736

B-BUT MUH BRO!!
>>
>>30144736
Ya think they will get banned to ubers besides fini?
>>
>>30144916
Bulu might just dodge the bullet for being slow as shit and Grass being a problematic type to spam for both offensive and defensive reasons. Kek & Lel are pretty damn broken by OU standards and the only reason it's not obvious is because there's even more ridiculous stuff flying around nowadays, like Aegislash, Greninja or Pheromosa.
>>
i want to fuck the pink one
>>
>>30144989
Wouldn't it be enough to ban choiced sets on Lel?
>>
>>30144736
>tapus can deafeat a whole team
t. falseflagging shitter from serebii forums
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.