[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>all those Kanto references and characters >Lillie goes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 6

File: kantof10.jpg (73KB, 558x325px) Image search: [Google]
kantof10.jpg
73KB, 558x325px
>all those Kanto references and characters
>Lillie goes to Kanto
>you go back to Kanto (presumably)

Pokemon Red 2 and Blue 2 for 3DS and Nintendo Switch early 2018.

Screencap it, folks.
>>
die
>>
>>30143681
Please no. I'm tired of all this Kanto dickriding.
>>
Digglet's cave is soo fucking long
>>
>>30143764
me too but as pokemongo showed there is too many genwunners. maybe we can get kanto forms of non kanto pokemon?
>>
I would really like this.
>inb4 muh nostalgia
Imagine an RB2 made similar to the way BW2 was. Same area, but time has passed. There are new pokemon starting to trickle in from other regions, maybe a new battle type. Seasons, visually diversified areas, classic themes remixed with modern capabilities. It would be a great chance to introduce new megas/evos/formes for Gen 1 pokemon that have been overlooked (cough cough Arbok, Weezing, Golduck, Mankey, Doduo, etc.). New/altered routes and sites, maybe even a new town/Palette Town as a city? The possibilities are endless.

It would finally put genwunners and Kanto fanboys to rest as well, and would be the perfect jumping off point for a clean slate game of 150 new pokemon.
>>
Fucking in the future like 5 years later with completely remade landscape or I won't be able to play that dog shit again dear God.
>>
>>30143797
These overdesigned pokemon got dumbed down designs or EVERYTHING IS POISON TYPE.
>>
>>30143681
Nope

Too many references is why the wont do it

GF tries to surprisse people, not screaming "HEY HEY LOOK ITS KANTO TIME"

Next game will be Stars right away or sinnoh remakes and then stars
>>
>45 degree turn on the bridge

wouldnt it have made more sense to just build the bridge directly off the coast of the city so it only needs to go straight down?
>>
>>30143857
>sinnoh remakes

not happening for a while, gen 4 isn't that old.
>>
>>30143918
Gen 4 games were released in 2006 in Japan
>>
>>30143830
>>30143681
>Red 2 and Blue 2

Do you mean...... Gold and Silver....?
>>
>>30143918
11 years ago next year. FRLG came out only 8 years after the original.
>>
I just want my pokemon game where I can fight all the gym leaders and catch all the pokemon.
So I hope so, anon.
I hope so.
And less hand-holding. You don't need to tell me to walk up to the hole in the rocks with the dust. I can gather that I should check it out. It's what the player wants to do. It's something odd. Go check it out. And since this is pokemon, it's probably a pokemon. And there you have it. It was a pokemon.
>>
>>30143918
>isn't that old
>generation 4 is 10 years old and 10 years old next year for Americans

Yeah right, it's not old.
>>
>>30143994
>I just want my pokemon game where I can fight all the gym leaders and catch all the pokemon.

Why do retards always say this? This would be terrible.
>>
>>30144021
Because I don't want to pay $200 to do it.
>>
>>30143918
FRLG came out 8 years after RGB

HGSS came out 10 years after GS

ORAS came out 12 years after ORAS

Next year will be 11 years after DP

Its perfect time for a remake
>>
>>30143999
>>30143953
It doesn't have the same nostalgia factor that gens 1-3 did. Give it more time. Gen 4 remakes will be in Gen 8 at the earliest.
>>
>>30144036
That's just terrible game design. Gyms are retarded to begin with
>>
>>30144043
This. ORAS literally feel like they were released not too long ago, and every remake has a 5 year release gap in between them, so wait till AT LEAST 2019. I can't believe some people thought Sinnoh remakes would be released right after ORAS before SM were announced. Fans endured the wait for Hoenn remakes after HGSS's release, so now it's time for the Sinnoh fans to wait too.
>>
>>30143953
>>30143976
>>30143999
>>30144041
are you guys retarded or do you just like to Ignore Platinum?
>>
>>30144065
Why?
Bosses are an RPG staple.
>>
>>30143681

Pokémon Gold, Silver and Crystal already exist
>>
>>30144041
Have you learned nothing from Gen 5 and the "Hoenn confirmed" meme? It didn't happen then, it's not gonna happen now. Sinnoh won't be happening until Gen 8.
>>
>>30144041
>8, 10, 12
>The next one is 11!
>See me after class, Billy.
>>
>>30143681
I'm all for it as long as the story is good and the framerate while battling isn't shit.
>also Missingno. as an easter-egg would be rad.
>>
>>30143681
>presents completely unoriginal theory
>provides no new evidence
>lul screencap dis guise xdddddd
Kill yourself.
>>
>>30144215
>hey guys remember how gen 5 deconfirmed the pattern so now we must abide by patterns even though I just said the pattern was broken
>>
>>30143857

Can you tell me where this 'Pokemon Stars' thing came from? also, the Sun is a star so I HIGHLY doubt they'll call the next game, if there is one, Stars.
>>
Pokemon Red Sun and Pokemon Blue Moon
>>
File: 1479098000865.png (413KB, 840x453px) Image search: [Google]
1479098000865.png
413KB, 840x453px
You're just not letting it go, aren't you ?
>>
>>30144421
I said it in another thread.
It's literally, my dad works at Nintendo, he said the next game is gonna be Pokemon Clear.
>>
>>30144041
RBY is the only one that doesn't have a DS remake of some sort.
>>
>>30144148

Are you retarded yourself?

Remakes of DIAMOND AND PEARL
Diamond and Pearl came out in 2006, Platinum in 2008.

Yellow didn't get a remake
Crystal didn't get a remake
Emerald didn't get a remake
So Platinum?...WON'T GET A REMAKE.

If you haven't noticed, the remakes AREN'T of the the 3rd games but of the original 2.
Why are people so stupid?
>>
>>30144345
It followed a pattern, just not the one you're thinking of.
>Game Boy games remade for Game Boy Advance
>Game Boy Color games remade for DS
>Game Boy Advance games remade for 3DS

So...
>DS games remade for Switch (or whatever system Gen 8 ends up on)
>>
>>30143681

Please NO. I do NOT want anymore remakes before the next gen!
>>
>>30144604
Who said it had to be a remake?
I'm hoping that, if Game Freak did decide to do another game set in Kanto, that it would tell a new story and show what changed in the time between Gen 2 and Gen 7.
Obviously they've never hinted at anything quite like it before, but I can dream can't I?
>>
How would you feel if they made a new game with 150 new pokemon and there were NO old pokemon until postgame?
>>
>>30144822
Didn't they do something like that in Gen 5?
>>
>>30144822
That happened in Gen 5. Gen 5 is also best gen.
>>
>>30145223
And one of the reasons why many hate Gen 5. Which is kinda funny considering that's the point of a new gen, to use as many new mons as possible.
>>
>>30144822
I loved BW2, but disliked and dropped BW1.
It's been awhile, so I'm not entirely sure if the new pokemon only thing was why I dropped it, but I remember not being a fan of it.

I'd rather them just have a decent - but not too large - Pokedex during the main game, with primarily new Pokemon, and then expand the dex significantly after the Elite Four and have swarms and new encounter tables
>>
They better overhaul the entire fucking map design if they do since Kanto is a hell hole
>>
>>30144485
It was already featured in HGSS, why the fuck do people want to play Kanto for the 4th fucking time?
>>
>>30144643
To be honest, I'd rather have sequels to old games than any remake from here on out.

There'd be more room for extended narrative and realm of possibility instead of just hasty rehashing.
>>
>>30144604

A new gen isn't happening for a couple of years, what's wrong with having another remake in the meantime? It's another game to play, what's the problem with that? Would you rather stay playing sun and moon for the next 2-3 years?
>>
>>30144421
We're probably gonna end up getting sun/moon 2
>>
bumping for gold 2 and silver 2

or as you genwunner might call it
red 3 and green 3
>>
File: kantoplain.gif (560KB, 1173x957px) Image search: [Google]
kantoplain.gif
560KB, 1173x957px
They'd have to do a lot to convince me to go back to Kanto. A cool battle facility, some much needed expansions/revamps of certain towns (Saffron, Vermillion and Celadon should be huge) and routes, extra optional dungeons, all of the new features of FRLG returning like Sevii Islands and the Move Tutors. An adequate replacement for the slot machine minigame would be nice given how integral the Game Corner is to Kanto. And while they're at it, Cinnabar should be a town surrounding a proper tube volcano, considering that its always represented that way in official artwork.

I don't care whether it's a sequel, a re-imagining or an alternate timeline, Kanto needs seriously shaking up for any of it to be worth revisiting. I would like to see them do it justice one day though, its full of potential that went unrealized due to the Game Boy's limitations and Game Freak's inexperience at the time.
>>
>>30144489
wrong
they are remakes of the 3rd games
splitting the content like they did in the first both
>>
>>30144021
>catching all pokemon in a game designed to catch pokemon is horrible, you should be forced to buy different games, trade and go to events instead

and lets not forget the ebin "GYMS SUCK ASS I WANT EVERYTHING TO BE LIKE SOPHOCLES TRIAL" from now on
>>
>>30143681

Given Grimsley and how Hawaii is a state, I'd bet we're going back to Unova first.
>>
>>30143681
I think revisiting Kanto would be fine *as long* as it's still in the S/M Timeline where Red and Blue are well and truly adults.

Make it a new character in a future Kanto.
>>
>>30146909
what's covered up under "rock tunnel"
>>
>Kanto remake/sequel
>Everything is expanded, bigger, better, more areas, S/M overworld style
>They intentionally play up the so-called 'non-linearity' of the Kanto games
>Gyms can be done in a wide variety of orders, the gym leaders even slightly scale in level and evolutions if you do them early or late
>All of the sequence breaking from glitches is obviously gone, but they introduce even more ways to break the game order, like a super secret method of getting a boat from Pallet Town to Cinnabar to do the Cinnabar gym first
Sign me the fuck up.
>>
>>30143681
It'd be Red 2 and Green 2, you autist, not Blue 2.
>>
>>30147349
Seconded.
>>
>>30147349
i like this but i still want a gold 2 and silver 2.
>>
>>30146909
I agree completely with almost everything you said.

I think on top of that, they'd be better off not just remaking it for a third time but making it new so although the old layout routes exist you could start somewhere other than pallet and it could have an entirely new path through Kanto than red/blue had.
>>
File: johto_kanto.jpg (113KB, 1489x536px) Image search: [Google]
johto_kanto.jpg
113KB, 1489x536px
>>30143681
Kanto and Johto should appear together in any future games they feature in. If we go back to Kanto I would like to go back to Johto as well. A sequel to see how the region has changed would be nice. Seeing as Kanto's theme was pollution and environmental destruction I'd like to see some "invasive" new Pokemon species due to people releasing pets etc.
>>
File: Tohjo.png (21KB, 330x145px) Image search: [Google]
Tohjo.png
21KB, 330x145px
>>30147544
Could be cool to just combine Johto and Kanto into one super-region if they ever do something like >>30147349.

Two regions, you start in a new town in the middle. You can go either left or right to choose which region you do first, and in each region you can do gyms in a relatively non-linear order. At any time you can get a boat or train to the other region, or just head there on foot. The only goal is to get all 8 badges (and then 16 in post-game) in whatever order you can, and gyms/trainers/routes are scaled based on how many you've currently done.

Sort of like if they took Kanto/Johto and gave it the A Link Between Worlds treatment. Same basic formula, but with an 'open-world' twist.
>>
>>30144043
People just disliked Gen 4 for how slow the combat/overworld was and how it "ruined" the designs of some of the gen 1 pokemon by giving them evos/preevos. Sinnoh on a decent engine has potential, especially if they crank the Team Galactic plot up to 11.
>>
File: annie the best dog in the world.jpg (526KB, 3000x2104px) Image search: [Google]
annie the best dog in the world.jpg
526KB, 3000x2104px
>>30146953
>Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire aren't remakes of Ruby/Sapphire
>When they have way more similarties to the two than to Emerald
You're right I'm only saying that because you must not get told that a lot since you're so retarded
>>
>>30143917
First of all that's a 90 degree turn you idiot.

Second of all in Gen 1 you could not walk diagonally.
>>
>>30147349
>>30147713
>The open-ended/non-linear meme
I don't see how this would improve Pokemon
>>
>>30143681

I want a Kanto sequel with Lillie as the champ.

Gen 1 hasn't been done since the physical/special split. Let it happen.
>>
>>30147946
It would allow for a more varied experience in each playthrough, for the exchange of Game Freak needing to put in the effort to have the entire game scale its difficulty according to the player's actual progress.

They're too fucking lazy to actually do that, so if they did, the entire game would either be insanely way too easy, or a terrible implementation that could easily be broken or abused. Plus it would be challenging to implement an actual "story" in between this without interfering with the "nonlinearity", unless the "story" had absolutely zero relation or dependence upon the region itself. This would be fucking retarded.

And the core gameplay would be the same regardless.
>>
>>30143830

No megas/evos for gen 1.
I want "Kanto formes" for newer pokemon. Pokemon that never appeared in FR/LG.

Mainly from gen 4-7 and lots of fairy types who becomes non fairy.
Maybe even "kanto clefairy" who is back to normal type again.
>>
>>30148718
>Maybe even "kanto clefairy" who is back to normal type again
It'd be cool as hell if they did throwback forms for many of the Kanto Pokemon
>Mt. Moon Clefairy/Clefable - Normal types, slightly bigger and paler than regular versions. Probably do the same for Jiggs too
>Lightweight Magnemite/Magneton/Magnezone - Pure Electric type
>Coastal Shellder - Looks more like the Shellder latched onto a Slowbro
>Deep Sea Cloyster - It has the horizontal clam design, like the sprite mistake they made in Gen 1
>Kanto Exeggcutor - Has one giant egg surrounded by smaller eggs, like the Gen 1 sprite
>Crystal Onix and Steelix - Speaks for itself
>Grand Kingler - A variation of Kingler that has two giant claws instead of only one, like the Gen 1 sprite
>Silph-brand Voltorb/Electrode - Upon capture, it permanently takes on the color scheme of the ball it was caught in, as well as inheriting a new ability and secondary type depending on the ball it was caught in for maximum balltism.
>Beta Porygon - Wireframe-mode Porygon
These for the most part wouldn't replace the regular versions in the wild like Alolan forms did in Sun/Moon, they'd just be rarer versions.

And then they can just throw in a bunch of 'Kanto form' Pokemon from other generations. Like maybe a Houndour family with Poison/Dark typing? They did show up in Kanto in Gen 2 after all, and Poison type because, let's face it, fucking everything else in Kanto is.
>>
have we not been to kanto enough times already?

red, blue
gold, silver
firered, leaf green

thats enough for me.
>>
>>30149146

I want to start a sequel trend from square one.

Revisit the old regions but with older characters and newer stories.

Have Kanto visit Johto instead of vice versa.
>>
>>30149104
Kanto Pikachu should just be the original fat pikachu design
>>
>>30143764
so why do u even play pokemon? Go fuck yourself in Unova pls..
>>
>>30151532
hi 9gag
>>
>>30143681
Pokemon Red Sun and Pokemon Blue Moon has both Alola and Kanto and is a sequel to both.
>>
>>30143681
>Pokemon Red 2 and Blue 2 for 3DS
it already happened anon. It was called Pokemon Gold and silver... and Crystal.
>>
>>30143790
You literally can go the whole game without it.
>>
>>30155300
Rock Tunnel without Flash is not a fun time.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.