[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I skipped Gen 6 because at the time I didn't have a 3DS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1355086712759.png (458KB, 955x590px) Image search: [Google]
1355086712759.png
458KB, 955x590px
I skipped Gen 6 because at the time I didn't have a 3DS and didn't really want one. But when S&M came out, I wanted to play again, so I bought one for Sun. I'm enjoying myself, but I'm playing in tandem with a friend and now I have to wait until he catches up.

Long story short, could someone sell/dissuade me on Generation 6? I want to play something in my spare time.
>>
Honestly? Vp is gonna say dont bother and that its shit, and maybe thats a little true. But its still a pokemon game and its not as bad as VP says. Shiny hunting is pretty fun in the game and some gen 6 mons are cool. If you like megas too and plan on playing S/M competitively you can trade those over when you battle.
>>
>>30140940
You'll immediately want to drop XY after you play it for a while, then get back to playing Sun. It falls so fucking flat compared to Gen 7
>>
>>30141268
>>30141309
Why is Gen 6 so bad?
>>
It's incredibly useful for Pokédex completion, and since you say "skipped", I assume you have a game or two from earlier gens, so you can transfer everything forward.
>>
>>30141407
I don't really care about Pokedex competition, nor do I have either my White or White 2 carts.

I'm more curious about how it is as a stand alone piece.
>>
>>30141357
Well, the characters / story is kinda forgetable, but the game is quick and easy? I played it a while ago so i cant really answer for all the neets on here who hate it. It has pros, and cons, but i enjoyed it. Chain fishing for shinys feelsgoodman and friend safari is fun. Better than B/W imo. Never played bw2 tho. S/M tho is wayyyyy better than X/Y. But im also a gen7fag
>>
>>30140940
>but I'm playing in tandem with a friend and now I have to wait until he catches up.
so box your main team, pull out some second stringers to train up and go try to grab rare pokemon or shinies or something
>>
>>30140940
What do you play Pokemon for? If the main single player game is important to you (and you get something out of the story/characters) you will probably find XY a slog after some time. The story is not very good and it's one of the easiest games, especially if you use things like Amie.

The shiny hunting, breeding, and such are good and streamlined though. I didn't have much fun playing through the 'campaign' but had fun in the postgame because of this.
>>
>>30142766
>>30142682
>tfw I've already started downloading it
I'm not a very patient man, nor is /vp/ a terribly fast board.

So, now that I'm stuck with it, anything I should know?
>>
>>30143062
Play with the experience share turned off if you don't want to breeze through the game
>>
>>30140940
>I want to play something in my spare time
It's not bad for this purpose. The game is piss easy, and it shouldn't take that long to beat. Sixth gen only looks bad when put under a microscope, which you tend to do when you have to deal with the mechanics and shortcomings of that gen for 3 years. If you can find X or Y for cheap, you should buy a copy.
>>
>>30143142
Obviously. I'm a casual, not a babby.
>>
>>30140940
I skipped Gen 4 (but played Soul Silver) and 5 and came back to 6 through OR. Decided to pick up Y in the meantime while waiting for Sun and Moon.

In all honesty, X/Y are probably my least favorite Pokemon games to date. The story is forgettable. The characters are mostly flat. The gym leaders AND Elite 4 are all weak, and the game is probably the easiest Pokemon has ever been.

Despite all that, I still had a good time and didn't feel bad about buying the game. I actually don't think it's a horrible game, but out of every Pokemon game I've played, it has to come in last.

As for ORAS, it's a bit easier to decide: did you like Gen III? If so, you'll love ORAS like I did. If not, they likely won't change your mind.

tldr - Gen 6 is worth playing if you're able to just enjoy Pokemon casually. They're unlikely to top your list for favorite Pokemon games, but they're enjoyable nonetheless.
>>
>>30143358
Damn. Gen 3 was my first true Pokemon game. I dunno. I was thinking about getting that but apparently ORAS was also not so stellar.
>>
>>30143062

There's plenty of really good pokemon in the super tall grass areas. Also watch out for fairy types, you're gunna need a poison attack.
>>
>>30143445
It was more somewhat improved and remade ruby and sapphire compared to emerald.
>>
>>30143445
I personally recommend ORAS. They get a lot of hate here, but if you like Hoenn (best routes and exploration in the entire franchise imo), you'll really enjoy them.

But most people here are right in that it didn't really carry over the improvements that Emerald made, which is baffling.
>>
>>30143544
>>30143582
Well, I do remember enjoying the hell out of Emerald as a kid. So maybe I'll grab it later.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.