[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm pretty sure the reason Dhelmise is a Grass type is to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: ffc[1].gif (761KB, 216x134px) Image search: [Google]
ffc[1].gif
761KB, 216x134px
I'm pretty sure the reason Dhelmise is a Grass type is to provide a plausible reason as to how its anchor chain extends/grows from nothing, like pic related. It's like vine whip basically.
>>
The reason Dhelmise is a Grass-type is because the Pokemon is the seaweed, not the anchor
>>
The soul of seaweed adrift in the waves became reborn as this Pokémon. It maintains itself with new infusions of seabed detritus and seaweed.
>>
>>30140261
>>30140285
It's a bullshit scapegoat excuse and you know it. They just said, "Uh....It's a grass type because it's actually the seaweed." to cover their asses.
>>
>>30140332

I think the seaweed was the initial idea snd it devolved into an anchor.
>>
>>30140376
>devolved
this
there is not a single good looking objectmon
>>
What's interesting is that, according to Bulbapedo, only its German name takes the Grass type into account. Every language focuses on the wheel, and every language besides Korean alluded to the Ghost typing.
>>
>>30140442
How strange

I guess it's like an Exeggcute/Exeggutor situation
>>
>>30140376
No way. It definitely started as a ghost ship, simplified down to a floating shipwreck comprised mostly of a wheel and anchor, and was probably changed to Grass to prevent another Aegislash.

Its Japanese name is cursed rudder wheel. Jap names probably come fairly early in development and give better insight to the design inspiration.
>>
>>30140332
They incorporated it as an important aspect of the design. I don't think that's really a scapegoat.
>>
File: 781Dhelmise_Dream[1].png (65KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
781Dhelmise_Dream[1].png
65KB, 300x300px
>>30140376
>>30140442
>>30140582
I dunno.... They went about it in such a weird way though.

They gave it an ability that makes Steel moves do more damage, (acknowledging that it should have been a Steel type, basically,) but the main draw of Steel types are their useful resistances, not their STAB.

Ghost, Steel, Grass and Water all make sense for this thingy. I'm fine Water being axed, we have too many of those and just because something lives underwater doesn't have to make it Water.

I don't think Grass/Ghost fits very well well unless the anchor really was made out of wood. They could have just made it Steel/Grass, and made it akin to Klinklang or Magnemite. i.e., not a possessed object.

I understand it's a Ghost because it's a possessed object and because it work with the underwater spooky shipwreck thing, but if THAT's that case, why not make its anchor chain extend with its ghost abilities? Like a ghost chain that just materializes. That works and then it could've been Ghost/Steel. (And learn Grass moves)
>>
>>30140750
This really feels like a balancing decision. Out of all the possible combinations of Ghost/Grass/Steel/Water with a 3rd STAB, they basically picked the weakest one possible.
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 211x244px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 211x244px
>>30140332
>>
Oh hey, it's stats are pretty good. 70/131/100/86/90/40 -- 517. I was unaware.

I'm quickly beginning to grow fond Dhelmise.
>>
>>30140233
But you can see the chain wrapped around the nose when idle and missing from the nose when it's attacking.
>>
>>30141945
Oh shit, I actually didn't notice that.

What pisses me off is that Anchor Shot doesn't use the attack animation in the OP.
>>
>>30140750
I don't really like how ghost was the go to instead of water for example, but I think that going with steel as the ability typing was a good choice in that, it's wielding the anchor as a weapon. Not so much as part of the pokemons actual makeup. That is of course considering the fact that it essentially gets a third typing. If it was grass steel and just learned some water moves, that'd be just as fitting in my opinion.
>>
>>30142125
A nautical Pokemon being double weak to Fire would be weird, though.
>>
>>30140233
Literally read the pokedex.
The pokémon is just the algae, the anchor is literally an old anchor and not part of the body. That's why it can hit with a steel stab but it isn't part steel.
Also what looks like an eye is just a compass and it doesn't blink.

LITERALLY my mom's algae.
In fact it actually creeps me out since the mon itself is just a featureless seaweed.
>>
>>30140233
>>30140332
Holy shit, you're retarded.
>>
>>30140332
>It's a bullshit scapegoat excuse and you know it.

Please elaborate, scapegoat for what? They coded this shit intentionally, there's no need for an excuse, they knew what they wanted from the very start. Why would they need a scapegoat? You make no sense, feel free to dislike the mon but you're utterly childish and retarded if you say your headcanon is what's true.
>>
>>30140400
only nu-males hate objectmons
>>
>>30144312
He's probably just angry that Decidueye will always be unfavorably compared to Dhelmise.
>>
>>30140750
>acknowledging it should have been Steel-type, basically
Acknowledging it uses something made out of metal to attack, rather.
>>
>>30140750
considering that Rotom loses its Ghost typing when possessing something, I still think it should have been Grass/Steel with access to a Ghost learnset
>>
>>30140750

Gamefreak missed so many opportunities with this gen.

Dhelmise dex says it's latches onto sea debris, so why not have Dhelmise have different forms, Ghost/Grass - Ship Wheel
Ghost/Steel - Anchor
Ghost/Water - Nautical figurehead (the thing at the front of the boat)

Also, Seaweed has a soul?...that's what they came up with?...idiots, if the seaweed is the Pokemon, it doesn't need to be dead, Grass/Steel would've been hell of a lot better, there's no reason why it needed to be the soul of seaweed..
>>
>>30140332
A scapegoat for what?
>Uh....It's a grass type because it's actually the seaweed
That's literally what it is. Ghost seaweed. The ability just further reinforced this since it gives it the steel stab instead of the typing because the anchor is a weapon and not part of its body
>>
>>30140332
It's literal fucking canon.

The design even suggests it's the Seaweed taking a sentient form holding the helm to the anchor.

At this point you're overdosing on stupid pills and expecting to be right for it.
>>
>>30140332
are you the same faggot who also thinks incineroar's typing was changed at the last minute
>>
>>30140332

You are the stupidest man on earth
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.