[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, I'm a retard who, up to this point, just kinda played

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: pyuks outta muks.png (155KB, 1024x877px) Image search: [Google]
pyuks outta muks.png
155KB, 1024x877px
Hi, I'm a retard who, up to this point, just kinda played the games for the single player.
I kinda want to try IV breeding and EV trading, but I don't quite understand it.
Spoonfeed me.
>>
go to hell
>>
>>30136520
Fair enough.
>>
>>30136463
I don't understand IVs.
But you know how when you level up, certain stats go up more than others? Every pokemon has EV values that they give, corresponding to a stat. When you defeat them, they're added to an invisible counter. When you level up, they determine how much a stat goes up.
Say you fight only Machop (He gives 1 attack EV). When you level up after fighting only Machop, you'd get more Attack added to your Attack stat.
>>
>>30136463
>I kinda want to try IV breeding
just have a protip and don't do this, it's tedious
ask for someone to inject shit
>>
>>30136557
Oh, that sounds pretty simple. I guess just look up a list of what pokemon corresponds to which stat.
Gotcha.
>>
>>30136463
im not all too sure about iv/ev breeding for sunmo yet, but if you have xy, and wouldnt mind using xy for iv/ev stuff, then i can give you a general idea. its a good game to start off with learning that kind of stuff in
>>
>>30136463
Honestly, I wouldn't bother learning how to do IVs. Former bikefag here, it's just not worth the time unless you're a high school senior with too much time on his hands, just learn to PkHex that shit.
>>
File: 1479273361138.jpg (95KB, 374x461px) Image search: [Google]
1479273361138.jpg
95KB, 374x461px
>>30136463
Er you are
>>
>>30136463
Every IV point your Pokemon has equals exactly 1 point in the corresponding stat at level 100.
For this reason, IVs in speed are actually incredibly important, since that 1 extra point in speed that the enemy will have gives them the direct advantage.
All the other IVs are important, too, but less so.
Each parent by default passes down 1 of their IVs to the baby. With a destiny knot held by one of them, between them they pass down 5 IVs.
To get all 6 you should have two 5 perfect IV parents breeding, one of which is holding a destiny knot. You'll end up with about a 1 in 200 chance of a perfect IV offspring.

If you give a parent an Everstone it'll pass down its nature to the offspring. This also comes in handy. Also, giving a parent a Power item passes down the corresponding stat with 100% success rate, but that's less useful than Destiny Knot overall.
>>
File: 2PqbcFn.jpg (667KB, 1920x1600px) Image search: [Google]
2PqbcFn.jpg
667KB, 1920x1600px
>>30136919
>>
>>30136463
This is how you breed.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.