[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

holy shit how are you guys raising this thing? Its such garbage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

File: fomantis.png (534KB, 1110x666px) Image search: [Google]
fomantis.png
534KB, 1110x666px
holy shit how are you guys raising this thing? Its such garbage I've got an adamant/alert to sounds. Its not strong enough to kill anything (even when it has a type advantage) Its not bulky enough to take a hit (even by nve moves) its got growth, but its not defensively viable (nor is it fast enough) to set anything up, because you'll just end up dying. I want to raise it because supposedly "everything works in-game" (and I think lurantis looks cool) but this piece of shit is starting to make me think otherwise.

For those of you that raised it, how did it fair later on in the game? I'm still on route 5 just trying to level the damn thing up and I have a hard time taking down flippin mudbray which should be easy pickings for it...but no. I'm slower than mudbray, I get mudslap spammed, I miss all my moves and I end up dying.
>>
Try adrenaline orb farming, I ev trained mine in a chain of Pichus+Rockruffs, it started destroying stuff really easy after that.
>>
i felt this way about mareanie until it evolved and then hooooooooo

but yeah fuck fomantis/lurantis
>>
trust me just drop that piece of shit

i dragged it along for way too long and when it evolved it was still fucking trash
>>
>>30136377
I traded mine out for Tsareena after dragged it along with my party until level 40.

It's garbage.
>>
idk

It got good when it got razor leaf and it got even better when it got leaf blade.
>>
It's cute and I enjoyed playing with it in refresh. Too bad it's a shitmon. Gamefreak dropped the ball balancing its stats.

Solar Blade is great if you have a mon that carries sunny day. I got through the story and elite 4 just fine with it.
>>
>>30136377
Lurantis isn't any better sadly.
>>
>>30136377
Trade a Lillipup to the trainer in Pokemon centre on route 5 for a bounsweet.

It'll evolve a level or two later. It's the superior choice.
>>
File: 754Lurantis.png (547KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
754Lurantis.png
547KB, 1280x1280px
My Lurantis ended up fine when it evolved; one of the highest offensive stats of the entire team, enough bulk to handle non-super effective hits. The Leech Life TM in particular really helped it.

But yeah, Fomantis is pretty bad once you get off of Akala, so try and evolve it quickly.
>>
>>30137886
Not design wise. Tsareena is a fugly abomination.
>>
You guys are exagerating
>>
>>30137955
>Leech Life TM in particular really helped it.
Saved it for me, kept it on my team all the way through to Red/Blue
>>
>>30137967
it's a much better mon though, and Eviolite Steenee is also better
>>
>>30136377
Just passively level it with Exp Share? And if you are one of those who absolutely refuse to use that thing, well, have fun leveling up something with a bst of 250
>>
>>30137955
I was originally planning on using Lurantis, but after getting that Bounsweet from the ingame trade, I ended up falling in love with that line. Definitely raising a Lurantis eventually, though, still love the design.
>>
>>30136377

Leveling Bounsweet and Steenee was a bitch, but Tsareena is fucking STRONG
>>
>>30136377
It became my mvp once it evolved. Leaf blade/leech life/poison jab/brick break was really strong.
>>
File: 250px-768Golisopod_Dream.png (67KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-768Golisopod_Dream.png
67KB, 250x250px
>>30136377
Trying to figure out the same thing with Wimpod, so far it's underwhelming in every stat and I can't figure out a niche for it. The worst part is it evolves in a few levels and I still doubt it'll be very good.
>>
File: balk.png (24KB, 495x315px) Image search: [Google]
balk.png
24KB, 495x315px
>>30136377
Lurantis is sort of bulky and has a lot more move options than tsaarena in game.
>>
>>30139031
>Average defense stats
>Bulky
For its speed, it might as well be paper.
>>
>>30138988
I can actually answer that one since I've been doing some research for a mono bug team. Golisopod is best used as Atk/HP abusing priority moves. It learns first impression and sucker punch naturally and can be bred for aqua jet, which is better than nothing. 4th move should be leech life or liquidation.
>>
>>30138988
that thing is a monster though, 125 base attack
>>
>4 more levels
Come on, Fomantis! You can do it.
>>
>>30138988
did you learn nothing from magikarp? Golisopod is a monster and carrys the game for you.
>>
>>30138988
he is a priority abuser getting first impression and then sucker punch is what makes him good, give it leech life and will bulk almost any physical attack easily
>>
File: a_by_sorrysap-da8bwys.png (353KB, 950x700px) Image search: [Google]
a_by_sorrysap-da8bwys.png
353KB, 950x700px
>>30139059
>mono bug
Please tell me more I want to do a mono bug but I haven't even managed to find 6 bug types and I'm about to hit the electric type trial.
>>
>>30139046
That's perfectly useable for in game though.
>>
>>30139146
All you'll need is Charjabug
>>
>>30139169
So? Nobody cares about in-game. People are and will forever be upset that Lurantis is a PU shitmon despite being a great design.
>>
>>30136377
My lurantis is adamant and a beast. Got quick claw (which works pretty often) with swords dance. Really all this thing needs is swords dance and leaf blade.
>>
>>30139205
OP is taking about in game
>>
>>30139171
He's been the core of my team, I love that little fuck, but every other pokemon on my team will end up needing to see battle at some point. Having a team of Ledian, Ribombee, Wimpod, Butterfree, and Araquanid who are hella underleveled won't be very good for me.
>>
>>30139146
Charjabug
Ribombee
Wimpod
Crabrawler
Araquanid
Lurantis

There. Bug team.
>>
>>30139278
>ledian

don't do that
>>
>>30137967
tsareena is a sexual abomination
>>
>>30139278
>ledian
time better spent hitting your head on a wall tbqhwyfldd
>>
>>30139346
If by that you mean she's ugly and unsexy because of her fucked up legs, then I agree.
>>
>>30139290
>crabrawler
>bug

>>30139319
>>30139351
The only other option is Lurantis and well, this thread has said enough about that. Besides what's wrong with Ledian?
>>
>>30139422
shit ability and terrible typing with no offensive presence. Slap Toxic on it because that's all it can really do
>>
>>30139422
Oh, it's not bug? Shame, I didn't pay much attention to it, I used it to kill Raticate then dropped it.
>>
>>30139461
Fair enough.

>>30139476
Mate, it's a fuckin crab.
>>
>>30139483
They're not great, but they mainly look so bad because of the legs. The arms are at about the same proportion as Stenee, and they look fine on that.
>>
>>30139375
The arms are what bother me the most. They're too short and disproportionate.
>>
>>30139504
>Mate, it's a fuckin crab.
So is Crustle.
>>
>>30139538
See >>30139512

With the leg proportions, longer arms would help, but she'd also need a longer torso. Really, it's just the legs that need to go. Even most fanart makes them shorter and it looks a lot better.
>>
>>30139422
Lurantis isn't a bug but it's better than ledian. Ledian has absolutely awful offenses. or maybe you want it to just dual screen and baton bpass. you madman
>>
>>30139539
>Crustle
The fuck? I skipped out on Pokemon after Sinnoh and only just got back into it. That shit is new to me.

>>30139571
It's got a bug theme at least, but even then every post about it in this thread is about how it's bad.
>>
>>30139620
Crustle is a hermit crab with a section of the earth's crust instead of a shell. It's cute.
>>
>>30139645
I looked it up, can I find that in moon? I would actually like to use it instead of Ledian since Lurantis is a no-go.
>>
>>30139620
>every post

/vp/ likes to exaggerate.
>>
shoulda raised bounsweet or Dhelmise instead
>>
>>30139672
>can I find that in moon?
No.

You should get a Venipede. You can find those with Island Scan on Akala.
>>
>>30137087
>Gamefreak dropped the ball with fucking everything.
ftfy
>>
>>30139703
>late game Dhelmise with a 1-10% catch rate
gross
>>
>>30139856
*encounter
>>
Having the same problem now, at ghost trial and the fucker still has not evolved.
With eviolite he can kinda win some battles against unevolved mons.
>>
>>30136377
Lurantis is fine for playing the through the story. Remember that /vp/ likes to exaggerate. Lurantis was only difficult to use when it was unevolved anyway.
>>
>>30138988
Wimpod is gen 7's Magikarp. It gets 70/140/90 defenses and 125 Attack when it evolves.
>>
>>30140170
it evolves at 34, but only during the morning.
>>
>>30140256

Oh damn hes at 32 now but i almost only play during night. (got sun).
Yesterday i didnt even get home from work until 5pm. this will be pain.
>>
>>30140313
You can just change the 3ds clock if it's a problem.
>>
>>30140380

my inner autist refuses
>>
File: Untitled.png (17KB, 488x302px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
17KB, 488x302px
Welcome to the Slow Frail Mixed Attacker club, Formantis.

Your seat is between Carnivine and Maractus.
>>
running this, a petilil and a tsareena right now in my playthrough. tsareena is really carrying her weight right now, using fomantis for false swiping atm
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.