[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is relieving tedium a bad thing? Do you want to spend hours

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: expshare.png (146KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
expshare.png
146KB, 420x420px
How is relieving tedium a bad thing? Do you want to spend hours grinding your team so that they're all properly leveled? Other RPGs that have this feature don't get complaints about it, so why Pokemon?
>>
>>30112888
>Do you want to spend hours grinding your team so that they're all properly leveled?

If you needed to grind in pre-gen 6 Pokemon games you're bad at Pokemon games.

It doesn't "reduce tedium" it just makes the game unbalanced. (Well in gen 6 anyway, in gen 7 it's a lot more reasonable and the game actually scales decently well with it on)
>>
>properly leveled
That's the buzzer, they're not properly leveled but rather overleveled.
>>
File: kill me.jpg (48KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
kill me.jpg
48KB, 500x384px
>reduce tedium with Exp. All
>add tedium back in with Exp. Scaling
>>
>tedium

How fucking casual are you?

I turned EXP share off, ran away from all wild battles, fought every trainer I saw, and I stayed at around the same level as NPC trainers without even needing to grind.

What the fuck are you EXP share shitters doing where you need to grind constantly?
>>
>>30112966
Why would you even need to grind anyway? I had the exp share on the entire team and I was still 1-2 levels below the e4/champion.
>>
>>30113003
How? Do you avoid trainers?
>>
Do what you want.

My only problem comes with people that want the game to be hard, but purposely turn on a feature that gives you 350% EXP.

It's literally Easy Mode, especially in Gen 7 where the level curve is much more reasonable then Gen 6.
>>
>>30112966
How the hell?

I did the exact same thing and I was ALWAYS at a disadvantage. I fought every trainer I came across yet it was never enough. I was usually a level or two under but by the time I reached the third island the gap widened and widened and by the time I reached the last island I was facing Lv 45 to Lv 50 Pokemon while my team was still Lv 39. How did I fuck up?
>>
This logic is really, really bad. The EXP share just breaks the game's difficulty, and ruins the concept of working hard to reach a good reward, notably with Pokemon like Magikarp, Wimpod, etc.

This "tedium" is part of the game. Good to know that nowdays challenge is considered "tedium".
>>
I played X with exp share off the entire game and didn't need to grind once. Do you shitters just see a Pokemon 3 levels above you and go crying that you need to grind? Use your fucking brain cells and just use the slightest ounce of strategy instead of mindlessly grinding.

I wasn't even using great pokemon either, half my team was shitmons
>>
>>30113043
I used about 10 rare candies in my playthrough which I came across naturally, which helped.

I learned that when I was a kid. Always save your rare candies for the late game.
>>
>>30113043
You goofed somewhere. I'm on Poni island now and my team is lv42-46 and I'm still facing mons under lv50.

On the other hand I fought quite a bit of wild mons while hunting for good nature mons for my team and raremons to wonder trade to newbies.
>>
>>30113061
Doing a repetitive task that requires no thought or effort is not hard work, that's known as tedium
>>
>>30113061
yeah I have such a hard time beating on caterpies until my magikarp evolves, sometimes I get in real trouble and might have to reset

glad to see the underage on /vp/ are still trying to act elitist over the "difficulty" on a kid's game
>>
Unlike Gen 6, SM's level curve was designed WITHOUT EXP share in mind.

Turn off EXP share. Play naturally, and you'll notice that you float around the same level as your opponents.
>>
>>30113094
I definitely did, but I can't for the life of me figure out how.

Let's see. I never had a full team. Do you think that could've been it? I figure with a bigger team that'd be more Pokemon to try and spread EXP across though. I had a Rowlet, Growlithe, and Magnemite up until the ranch where I caught a Gyarados (at Lv 18 or so, so kind of on par with the rest of my team). Then I caught a Beldum at Mt. Hokulani and that was my main team for the rest of the game, simply because I wasn't sure who else I wanted and I was too focused on trying to level up these guys. I guess I figured I'd save the last slot for a Legendary or something, like Solgaleo, or maybe I thought you could get the Tapus before the final challenge (like how you can get say the Musketeers before the E4 in Gen V). The moment I got the EXP Share I shut it off immediately, made sure I hunted down every trainer I could and yet... it just wasn't enough.
>>
needing to grind occasionally > flying through the game mindlessly pressing A

>muh tedium

Welcome to JRPGs, motherfucker. Go play some old Dragon Quest games. You had to grind 10x more than in this shit.
>>
The fuck do you autists even play games for if you consider actually playing them tedious?

Just hack yourself 600 rare candies and boost all of your mons to lv100 to spare yourself of the """"""tedium"""""" of leveling them up by "grinding".
>>
>>30113015
Nope, I just used repels like crazy.
>>
>>30113217
Most modern JRPGs have exp share though. And old RPGs had grinding as a way to lengthen play time because without it they'd be too short
>>
>>30113353
Most modern JRPGs also have your entire party fight, and you fight multiple enemies. It's a really idiotic comparison to Pokemon.
>>
>>30113417
I guess Chrono Trigger doesn't exist in your world
>>
>>30113157
>Unlike Gen 6, SM's level curve was designed WITHOUT EXP share in mind.

You have it completely backwards. Gen 6 is more balanced w/o exp share. Gen 7 is more balanced with exp share. I used the exp share the entire game in SM and the E4 was still slightly above my team.
>>
>>30113438
>modern
>MODERN
>MODERN

>A GAME FROM 20 FUCKING YEARS AGO
>>
File: 1460991101463.jpg (57KB, 424x437px) Image search: [Google]
1460991101463.jpg
57KB, 424x437px
>>30112888
>grinding

Just use Pokemon refres you casual.

It already gives you an EXP boost. That's a fine difficulty for anyone over 13.

EXP share is for children so they dont forget to train random pokemon they caught/add for more type coverage.
>>
>>30113497
Fuck off, you know exactly what I meant. It's an RPG with exp share. When it released is irrelevant because I am saying that exp share is practically a necessary mechanic in RPG's where you bench party members
>>
>>30113610
Drop the elitist attitude, it's not like Pokemon was hard before 6th gen exp share. It just cuts out the unnecessary shit nobody wants to do. Having it off doesn't make the game more difficult. Just catch a new Pokemon in a location near the boss, you don't even need to battle
>>
>>30112888
Other fandoms aren't as autistic as the one this game has
>>
>>30113923
>it's not like Pokemon was hard before 6th gen exp share

no but you needed to actually slightly think instead of mashing A with literally anything on literally anything.

this black and white attitude is retarded. "lel it's ok if the game just gives you a lv100 pokemon at the beginning as your starter the game was never hard anyway xD"
>>
File: 1453503514027.jpg (40KB, 680x848px) Image search: [Google]
1453503514027.jpg
40KB, 680x848px
>>30113923
>Having it off doesn't make the game more difficult
>Having and overleveled team is not less difficult than a team on or even below enemy levels

And no one said you had to grind, it's still possible to not use the exp share and just get by off the trainers exp and beat the game. But you're retarded if you think that's just as easy as with the EXP share on.
>>
>Tedium
>Not rotating your team so all pokemon get experience
>Being so shit you can't handle having an under leveled pokemon when trainers only have one fucking pokemon
>>
>>30114020
Because you're totally going to level your fire pokemon in the water area. Honestly what the fuck does it matter if you're going to rotate anyway? Might as cut out the middleman. All that time watching those animations and navigating medus adds up
/vp/fags are the only people who try to tell you that using convenience makes you terrible at the game. As if it's Dark Souls. Your playing a rock-paper-scissors game ffs, get over yourselves
>>
>>30114343
Eh, it still feels cheap no matter what /v/ says and the game has been well paced so far without it.

It's prolly just my personal opinion, same reason I prefer vanilla world of warcraft to any of its expansions. Doing things the hard way feels more rewarding even if you only get the same "reward" as everyone else.
>>
>>30114002
>this Black and White attitude
>Black and White introduced a different EXP curve

Heh.......
>>
File: 1429377085065.jpg (17KB, 500x286px) Image search: [Google]
1429377085065.jpg
17KB, 500x286px
>this thread again
>>
I don't care if people use EXP share or not. For the most part, I get a lot of satisfaction out of manually grinding my shitmons so they're always within 3 levels of eachother, and hopefully not higher than NPC mons.

However when I'm training up an entirely new team of mons and they need to increase by 10+ levels, I use the EXP share.

It's your game, as long as you're having fun, who cares how you do it?
>>
>>30114012
>EXP Share
>Overleveled
You might have a point if this actually happened, but it doesn't.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.