[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi We are the exact moment where Pokemon games became about the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

Hi
We are the exact moment where Pokemon games became about the supporting cast and not the protagonist
>>
>>30107982
Good. Protagonists suck balls.
>>
>>30107982
Oh boy, I can't wait to play protagonist the video game.
>>
>>30108015
This
>>
>>30107982
But those aren't XY...
>>
>>30107982
And that's good. Keep it that way until you get rid of silent protagonists.
>>
>>30107982
yeah, i hope they will finally let us play as the mary sue of the entire game. whoc ares about leaders, just give me cardboard trainers to battle, that's fun
>>
>>30107982
You can't write a dialog for a silent protagonist (duh) so they found a workaround.
>>
>>30108068
The games were always fine despite this and the second SM goes overboard with it, games focused on the protag are bad
>>
>>30107982
You are a dedicated autist, I'll give you that.
>>
>>30108119
Wow, it's almost like Sun and Moon have a story.
>>
>>30108119
>The games were always fine despite this

No, I never liked the fact that the characters in Pokémon were lifeless robots with no substance. I aprreciate that SM (and Gen 5 before) tried to shake things up.
>>
>>30108183
This
>>
>>30108183
Anon gets it.
>>
>>30108158
They've all had stories, bar Kanto games.

the lack of fancy 3D cutscenes doesnt mean we've never had stories before SM
>>
>>30107982
What? You're the fucking hero in BW. In fact I'd say that the games fellate you more than ever while giving others more screentime.
>>
>>30107982
YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE IN THESE GAMES YOU DUMB OP FUCKER
>>
>>30107982
Except you the protagonist was still the focal point in Black White. You were the hero, the one to confront N at the Pokemon League. Bw2 are better examples of games where the protagonist took a back seat. You were basically just Hugh's wingman.
>>
>>30109510
Not really, Hugh set out to get his sisters Liepard and once he did, he knew his journey was over.

He constantly battles you purely to know you're both strong enough for whatever lies ahead and stops at Victory Road and sees you off to the League. All of which was great.

The "protag needs to be shafted for story to work" started in Gen 6
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.