[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it me or does this affection thing add a lot of emotion into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Is it me or does this affection thing add a lot of emotion into the game?
>be on totem kommo-o
>my kommo-o is the only counter
>lives an attack on 1 hp, game says he was chocking back on tears so that he doesn't disappoint me
>takes down totem kommo-o
>lead with kommo-bro ever since
>>
How do you raise affection? I keep maxing munchlax's enjoyment and fullness but affection never gains a level
>>
>>30106449
Feed them Rainbow Beans

Guarantees at least one affection level
>>
>>30106449
Jack him off and feed him beans
>>
It's been like this since XY though
>>
>>30106418
I think it's confusing. Why are there different color Poke Beans? Why is happiness (the thing baby Pokemon evolve with) a completely seperate thing than this?

It's kind of awkwardly penetrated into the mechanics of the game.
>>
>>30106449
Do you even pet bro? (or feed a super good pokebean)
>>
>>30106487
Where rainbow beans man?
>>
>>30106503
>Confusing
God you're why GF dumbs down everything and constantly feels the need to explain stuff.
>>
I really like the affection system. I've grown really attached to my team, desu.
>>
>>30106544
Poke pelago. Isle abeens
>>
>>30106418
wait you can catch totem those totem pokemon?
kek i've just been killing them off...
>>
File: nice.png (94KB, 600x525px) Image search: [Google]
nice.png
94KB, 600x525px
Only won the battle against Hau was due to Torracat taking 2 hits in a row while on 1 health and surviving due to max affection.
>>
>>30106418
honestly? It's a good idea but very poorly implemented.

>in-battle dialogue is super corny and annoying. The shitty and trite motivational speak falls flat
>giving you an even more substantial advantage in battle is not cool. If you want the game to be more difficult you're punished for caring for your mons.
>Speaking of being punished: EVERY INTRO IN BATTLE IS DELAYED THE MORE THEY LIKE YOU. FUCKING HELL WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT FOR MY POKEMON TO LOOK TOWARDS ME AND BACK.

Again, good idea, but it needs refinement.
>>
>>30106648
no dumbass you cant catch pokemon during a trial
>>
Me and my Tsareena when she was the last pokemon on my team and survived a Blizzard from Kukui 's Alolan Ninetales with 1 HP because of our bond, and managed to OHKO it with High Jump Kick, making me the first ever champion of Alola
>>
I gotta say I am really loving this new Amie.
Before I hardly played with my Pokemon in XY but now nearly every mon has max affection so far.
>>
>>30106757
>tfw I want to see my pokemon in Amie but I don't want to make the game easier in general, or harder for catching with crits
>>
>>30106449
Munchlax evolves via HAPPINESS - have him hold a Soothe Bell. Have him first in your party, walk a lot, and beat up pokemon outside your home so you don't overlevel him. Once he reaches max happiness, he'll evolve into snorlax.
>>
>Tsareena is curious about your fashion
Into the trash she goes.

I worked hard on that outfit :(
>>
>>30106418
It does. The flavour text really made me attached to my guys.
>>
>>30106418
Something similar to with my Incineroar when I was fighting motherfucking Kukui for the Champion title
It tanked 3 of his Magneton's Thunderbolts living with 1hp and knocking it out at the end.
Then my Machamp took over to swept.
>>
>>30107494
Magnezone*
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.