[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>fully engrossed in the game for the past 4 days, had more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2027.jpg (299KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2027.jpg
299KB, 1000x1500px
>fully engrossed in the game for the past 4 days, had more fun with it than nearly anything else in the past year or so
>finally beat the game and Looker quest, amassed a total of 50 hours played
>reach the Battle Tree, fight Red
>enter the Battle Tree and immediately after the first fight realize how I'm no longer having any fun
Welp, that went from fucking 100 to 0. I guess it was fun while it lasted.

See ya'll in Gen VIII.
>>
>>30104172
So you only like battling people with 1 pokemon?

Thats all the game is.
>>
>>30104172
This
Why can't they see that these half-assed battle facilities are shit?
>>
I felt the same way. The game expects you to breed and train with no breeding or training items. The Battle Tree is shit without a good team.
>>
>>30104172
Casuals don't have fun after le story anymore? Oh, no, poor things! The dedicated Pokemon players on the other hand can't wait to beat that, so they can finally start training and doing real (online) battles.
>>
>>30104392
Can't tell if this post is ironic, and I usually have a good irony detector
>>
>>30104287
Spend like 1 hour of your life on that and have fun with the game again:
- http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml
- http://www.serebii.net/games/ivs.shtml
>>
>>30104446
Pure truth, mate.
>>
>>30104469
>breeding with no destiny knot
>EV training with no power items
>>
>>30104510
All available in-game:
- http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/items.shtml
>>
File: 1466048269239.png (24KB, 205x280px) Image search: [Google]
1466048269239.png
24KB, 205x280px
I really want to love this game
I really do
but the crazy amount of cutscenes is killing it for me.
>>
got 50 hours of played you spent 40 dollars on
seems pretty good
>>
>>30104572
That stops after the first island
>>
>>30104555
It's a catch 22. You can't get breeding/training items without a lot of BP, and you can't get very much BP without good Pokemon.
>>
>>30104613
> you can't get very much BP without good Pokemon.

>What is battle royale
>>
who should I run alongside Xurkitree on the battle tree?
>>
>>30104598
Nah, it's still really shitty on the 2nd.
It's better on the 3rd, but near the end the story starts getting important and the 4th island begins really cutscene heavy.
But I find those last bits more bearable since its actually story related and not forcing some character into your face every 15 steps.
>>
>>30104661
Not fun. Every convenience from last gen is gone, from online to breeding.
>>
>>30104613
In White, I EV trained a team and stuck shitty items on them like Mystic Water, etc and ran through the easy sections a bunch until I got enough BP.
>>
>>30104679
You can have BP without good pokemon. And your second sentence is plain false.
>>
>>30104664
After you get off Melemele the cutscenes and narrative in general become a lot less railroad-y
>>
>>30104712
XY/ORAS didn't lock the Destiny Knot behind BP, had O-powers, had an endless loop, and had d-pad control that allowed for more precise laziness.

>>30104702
The trains in BW are different, because the non-super trains didn't have fully evolved Pokemon. The Battle Tree has the same trainers from Super from the word go.
>>
>>30104786
Is that supposed to refute that it isnt true that "every convenience from last gen is gone" or something? You can get a fucking 32 BP item in a hour or so just shitting out the 1BP fights, even less with battle royal.
>>
>>30104819
That's inconvenient compared to just talking to a postgame NPC.
>>
>>30104510
...Why don't you have a destiny knot or power items?
That's your own damn fault, don't blame us for it..
>>
>>30104874
That's not disproving my claim of every convenience being removed. There isn't even a Macho Brace to ease into EV training.
>>
>>30104844
It's not inconvenient, it's you being a lazy fuck. It less than a hour of doing battle tree to get the item you want. Less in battle royal. Not mentioning that you don't even need particularly strong pokemon to do decent to begin with as you battle the fucking brain dead AI not players.
>>
>>30104925
>It's not inconvenient
It literally is. It takes approximately an hour to get a single item, on top of having to breed anyway.
>>
>>30104172
BOO-FUCKING-HOO op
Jesus Christ, I bet you're one of those faggot idiots that then complain about there not being any difficulty in the game when gf gives you an actual challenge

lmao, fucking casuals man
>>
>>30104952
An hour is fucking nothing lazy bum. And you can do it even less than that if an hour is too much for your ADHD brain.
>>
>>30105038
And it's still less convenient than it was in XY. You're not proving that fact wrong.
>>
>>30105058
Moving goalpost from "every convenience from last gen is gone" to "it's LESS convenient" LMAO gg

The point I was refuting was "every convenience from last gen is gone". That's false, there are still there and they take less than an hour to get. Fun to see you squirm around though!
>>
File: Solid Snake attends FurCon.jpg (76KB, 470x774px) Image search: [Google]
Solid Snake attends FurCon.jpg
76KB, 470x774px
I hate Battle Facilities and I'm never happy when they gate items behind them. Especially items I want for post-game battles against other humans online.
And as of right now, I don't even have the convenience of dumping hundreds of BP in from PokeBank to skip the grinding
>>
>>30105107
you make it really hard to support you
i want you to look at that post you just wrote
like what is wrong with you?

im going to agree with the other guy purely because you're such a massive sack of shit
>>
>>30105107
It's no longer a convenience, so it doesn't count.
That's ignoring how they removed the PSS.
>>
>>30105148
Wtf are you on about? "every convenience from last gen is gone" is fucking false and that's all there is to it. And argument can be made about less convenient but not "every convenience from last gen is gone". Go get emotionally hurt somewhere else.
>>
>>30105121
just get an injectfag to trade you some random mon with the items you want. maybe request for a perfect ditto or two while you're at it
>>
>>30105214
>"every convenience from last gen is gone" is fucking false
>destiny knot is locked behind BP
>no O-powers
>no super training
>being able to hatch eggs by holding a single button
It's an objective fact. Those were conveniences from last gen, and they are now gone. It doesn't matter if they were replaced, because they're gone regardless.
>>
>>30105148
His response was barely inflammatory, fag. Where the fuck do you think you are?

>>30105058
You make it sound like there weren't items and shit locked behind BP in XY. Just because one particular item was easier to get, doesn't mean XY was a more convenient game.
>>
>>30105277
What part of "every" don't you get ?
>>
>>30105306
What conveniences were retained?
>>
>>30105303
>could get high IV mons from the friend safari or by catching babies, instead of chaining X amount of mons and hoping they have the IVs you want
>could super train without necessarily needing power items
>endless loops and a bicycle
It was more convenient.
>>
>>30105317
Are you retarded at this point? How many times have I written the items to breed and train are STILL THERE. THEY.ARE.NOT.GONE. If you want to go back to >>30105058 refer to fucking >>30105107
>>
>>30105384
And they're more annoying to get, therefore less convenient. It's okay to admit that you're wrong.
>>
>>30105420
So you are retarded at this point. Ok!
>>
Battle facilities are always terrible. I still don't understand why every was up in arms about "muh frontier"
>>
>>30105439
The convenience factor is gone. I don't know why you keep trying to sound correct. You're just making an ass of yourself.
>>
how long do you have to go into the Battle Tree to face the battle legends anyway?
>>
>>30105493
>You're just making an ass of yourself.

Says the one moving goalposts to suit his arguments
>>
>>30105550
You didn't have to jump through half as many hoops to start making good Pokemon in XY than you do in SM.
>>
>>30105586
That is irrelevant to proving that "every convenience is gone" is false. I already said an argument can be made that's it's less convenient, but that was not the initial argument before the goalpost shifting.
>>
>>30105622
If not every, many of the conveniences are gone. At the end of the day, getting started and breeding in general in SM suck ass.
>>
>>30105659
Holy shit are you finally starting to get some reading comprehension?!
>>
>expect the regular battle tree to be easymode like xy/oras so i can get enough BP to buy hold items and power items to train my team
>get in
>wait thats the fling/acrobatics infernape i only saw that in super battles
>fucking thundurus on the second battle
>go to battle royale
>master rank has 2 people throw out megas and a third with landorus
>i'm trying to fucking struggle along with ingame mons and fresh ultra beasts with no EVs

this game can be super fucking easy to breed/train when you already get the ball rolling but jesus fucking christ i dont remember anything being nearly this goddamn bad. im now extremely glad i got an injected 6iv ditto or id be on the verge of just not playing

who fucking seriously thought opening the regular battle tree with the same sets dropped on you in the super maison would be a good idea? what the fuck is the super tree like
>>
>>30105843
>regular battle tree with the same sets dropped on you in the super maison
This is my entire problem with the Battle Tree. There's nowhere to really ease you in that doesn't involve you smashing your head against a wall until you get just enough points for everything.
>>
>>30104786
>implying Sun and Moon doesn't have something better than an endless loop
https://twitter.com/hag_89/status/799797578590060544
>>
>>30106006
>have to actively move the stick, wearing it down
>have to operate 2 inputs
The endless loop is 100x better.
>>
>>30106032
>Eggs now hatch 10000x times as fast as last gen.
>>
>>30104446
no anon, is just a case of shit taste, you can see plenty of examples in all boards /v/ related.
>>
>>30104786
I got a Destiny Knot from Pickup.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.