[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok, so looking for some advice on a team build I'm doing.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Trevenant.png (68KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Trevenant.png
68KB, 250x250px
Ok, so looking for some advice on a team build I'm doing.

I had this idea with the last gen but never got around to it, and now I want to make it work with Sun/Moon.

I'm trying to do a three weather singles team, using the following makeup.

Ninetails
Tyranitar
Excedrill
Trevenant
Whiscash
Relicanth

Idea is to have pokemon that benefit from multiple weather effects(Whiscash, Relicanth) or can work well with a single one to set up, while being able to swap weather effects as needed or to adapt to my opponent.

I doubt it's the best team, but it seems interesting.

Right now, I was going to use Mega Charizard, but with the new Z shit I thought perhaps Ninetails might be worth considering.

Can this still work in Sun/Moon? And has their been any major things in the new game to support this tactic? I remember Hail being dogshit for helping out, perhaps something changed with that?

I'd also like to move my team away from depending so much on just Sandstorm. Is there another Rail focused Pokemon that's perhaps dual typed or can work with this concept?
>>
>>30103518
>Can this still work in Sun/Moon?
Sure it can work but that is different than it actually being a viable/good team.

>And has their been any major things in the new game to support this tactic?
I don't think so, pretty sure it is the same as last gen as far as weather goes.

>Is there another Rail focused Pokemon that's perhaps dual typed or can work with this concept?
I assume you meant hail. But you could throw in a Aurorus, Mamoswine, or the new A-Sandslash. Those three wont get hurt by hail or sand, beyond that if they are useful is a mystery to me. Not sure how useful Sand Cloak could be for Sandslash and Mamo. And getting an auto hail up with Aurorus hidden ability may prove to be useful.

Just some thoughts.
>>
>>30103781
>Sure it can work but that is different than it actually being a viable/good team.

Oh, yea, I know I'm likely building something that isn't going to be winning big, but it sounds really interesting to me.

Looking around, one thing I see is that I can swap Ninetails for Shiinotic, which gives me some Coverage for Fighting and Dragon. I think that leaves me a hole in terms of grass though, especially as so much of my team is weak to it. I can drop Excedrill for something to help with that, though I'm not sure what.

As far as Hail goes, I think it's the same problem I had before: Ice types are the only real ones that benefit from it, and Ice types don't tend to have any crossover stuff to help with the team concept. Beyond a few of them being able to be immune to sand storm, nothing much to come of it.
>>
>>30105484
>but it sounds really interesting to me.

I respect that 100%. Love interesting team ideas. DESU It may be better to lean away from 3 types of weather; doing 2 kinds would be still fairly original and interesting to work with.
>>
>>30105913
I'll tinker around with it. Part of it is just that there's a lot of Pokemon that can benefit from both.

Whiscash is a great tank in rain with the Rest combo, but he's still alright even in a sandstorm.

Relicanth goes from a decent;y defensive fish to a pretty speedy bruiser between Sandstorm and Rain with Swift Swim, which I find really interesting.

The other big thing about the three weather teams is that if my opponent has a weather team, I can almost always make sure of it. That's kind of why I fish I could work in Hail as well, but it's just too polar an ability.

Still, I might muck around with the two weather teams as well.
>>
You know, I don't know why I didn't even notice. Lapras might slot in here better than Whiscash, and give me a Hail use as well.

Something like Hydration, Blizzard, Rest, Rain Dance and then a decent water attack.

Though Lapras's defensive coverage seems pretty damn terrible, bleh.

I just need something to trigger Hail, perhaps the Aurorus or Mamoswine discussed earlier.

Not sure if I want to do it because of the Ice/Water issue, but something for the back burner.

Still though, at the moment I'm looking at

Whiscash
Tyranitar
Excedrill
Treveant
Relicanth
Shiinotic
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.