[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which pokemon are the blatant overly promoted from its respective

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: 20161121_120532.jpg (400KB, 2896x2896px) Image search: [Google]
20161121_120532.jpg
400KB, 2896x2896px
Which pokemon are the blatant overly promoted from its respective generation?
And who will be the gen 7 overly shilled pokemon?
>>
Decidueye.
>>
Rockruff line and possibly Silvally

Starters always get overshilled because they're fucking starters so I'm not going to count them
>>
Charizard and Greninja are promoted the correct amount because they are actually popular
>>
Mimikyu or nihilego probably
>>
Zoruark wins the all time award for shilled pokemon that nobody liked.
>>
>>30093052
Zoroark got heavily promoted as the next Lucario, even getting its own movie like Lucario did. But it didn't work, and Team Preview killed the line's ability anyway, so it got dropped as a gen mascot.
>>
>>30093052
Pikachu for gen 1 and the whole franchise, it gets marketing priority over Pokemon itself.
>>
>>30093221
It's literally the fucking mascot and the face of the franchise.
>>
>>30093052
>Charizard, Mewtwo, and Pikachu
>Heracross I guess. Gen 2 is ok for the most part
>Gardevoir
>Lucario
>Zoroark
>Greninja, Charizard, Mewtwo
>Rockruff and Lycanroc
>>
>>30093052
The Smash slot will be between Decidueye, Incineroar, Tapu Koko or Lycanroc.

Unless they want to go for a NFE, but I can't think of a relevant one but Rockruff
>>
Lucario is actually popular, so
>>
>>30093207
They tried and failed to target the Gardevoir fans with Gothitelle aswell.
>>
>>30093052
God I hate niggerfrog. Literally special snowflake frog that no other greninjas can become.
>>
I expect a big push for Nebby merchandise at some point.
>>
File: stTbqj2.png (136KB, 915x582px) Image search: [Google]
stTbqj2.png
136KB, 915x582px
>>30093303
Stay mad shitnaughtfag
>>
Rockruff easily.
>Early S/M plastering Rockruff everywhere, like its subliminally saying you need a Rockruff on your team badly.
>one npc doesn't exactly, but pretty much says "don't worry, just a little farther till you can get that rockruff :)"
>You know Ten Carat has that Rockruff but its not easily showing up, which furthers your desire for Rockruff
they really did their homework after the Zoroark fiasco.
>>
>>30093295
No, it's not. It's not a organic thing. They put Lucarion down to everyone throats and he's popular because of it. It's not like he's a Pokémon everyone liked without any promotion.
>>
>>30093052
How is Togepi shilled?
>>
File: 1479588150160.jpg (21KB, 559x556px) Image search: [Google]
1479588150160.jpg
21KB, 559x556px
>>30093303
>butthurt shitnaughtfag
>>
>>30093674
It was literally there in the Anime to promote Gen 2 before it was even revealed.
>>
>>30093664
>yfw Lucario was shilled so hard his first appearance was in a gen 3 game
>>
Has the word shill just lost it's meaning at this point?
>>
>>30093052
Blaziken stopped being shilled the moment ORAS came out, Sceptile is the new shill starter of the gen.
>>
>>30093660
To be fair, Rockruff is adorable pupper
>>
>>30093052
Charizard and Greninja are legit fan-favorite mons. Their shill is justified.

For gen3 Blaziken used to be overly promoted, but with the remakes I have the feeling Sceptile started sharing the glory with it. So I'll say both of them share the same amount of promotion and became moderate for each one. Gardevoir is only liked by pokefuckers

We all know Lucario and Zoroark stories and how they ended up differently.

Now about gen7. It's still to early but maybe the grass owl of rock dog might take the high spot this gen.
>>
>>30093664
They would have, though. It's extremely good in-game and has a cool power. Zoroark's the one you're thinking of, and that didn't even work.
>>
>>30093181
>decide on a whim to go to some VGC event years ago
>don't have time to finish breeding and training a good team
>end up just throwing a Zoruark on the team
>not feeling great the night before so I don't eat dinner
>trying to grind out those last levels and EV's on the drive down to SJ makes me a little carsick
>have such low blood sugar after the 2 hour wait in line to get my game registered and assigned an opponent that I'm starting to become delirious and lose consciousness
>can't figure out why the fuck my Alakazam has the wrong moves
>he gets hit and transforms into Zoruark and I jump back in my seat a little shouting "Oh, shit!"
>opponent looks at me startled and confused and misclicks his next move
That nigga has a special place in my heart.
>>
Rockruff
>>
>>30093964
sounds like a story that really happened that way :)
>>
>>30093928
>a cool power

Ah right, who could forget Lucario and his amazing special Mary Sue power of "Aura", a super important part of the universe that only Lucario knows about.
>>
>>30093805
Give just one piece of evidence of Sceptile being shilled. I beg of you.
>>
So...
Gen 1: charizard/pikachu
Gen 2: togepi?
Gen 3: blaziken/gardevoir
Gen 4: lucario
Gen 5: zoroark?
Gen 6: greninja
Is this right?
>>
>>30094035
Sawyer being the main thing to advertise ORAS in the anime, Sceptile being included in Pokken (Blaziken was in there too, but he was already shown to be favored during XY) Sceptile being shown as the "canon" starter in things like the ORAS animated trailer and Generations.

Sceptile being the main Hoenn starter in the anime with the likes of Charizard and Greninja shows their intentions with him, which was to become THE Grass starter.
>>
>>30093564
>>30093683
At least Chesnaught is better than Shitphox.
>>
>>30094159
You realize where you are, right? Phox Fridays?

I'm pretty sure there is a pretty sizable group that think that Chesnaught is the worst Gen 6 starter here. The furfags of this board eat up Braixen and Delphox like there's no tomorrow.
>>
>>30094159
>chestnut JUGGERNAUT
>5' 3" monlet
>better than wizphox
K E K
E
K
>>
>>30094068
>Gen 1: charizard/pikachu/mewtwo
Ftfy
>>
>>30094035
>one of Ash's strongest pokemon in the anime
>ORAS promotion clip shows Brendan with Treecko and May with the other two
>Pokken (Blaziken is there too)
>One of rival's ace in the XY anime
>Generations
>>
>>30094030
It's not unique anymore, there is another pokémon that sees auras.
It's the mighty Cutiefly
>>
>>30093101
Nah, it may be the most popular starter this gen, but GF is shilling the Litten line this time around.
>>
Rockruff/ Lycanroc/ Cosmog.
>>
>>30093246
Doesn't excuse the "pikachu first, pokemon second" approach.
>>
>>30094023
If I was gonna make up stories, I'd make up stories where if I nearly passed out in a bathroom, I would have at least said I won my match if not made it to quarterfinals or something.
>>
>Talk about shit getting forced down one's throat
>Pikachu nowhere to be seen
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.