[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Objective points on the mini-map >Other characters excessively

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 5

File: JUST.png (196KB, 586x394px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
196KB, 586x394px
>Objective points on the mini-map
>Other characters excessively give you items
>Rival asks you if you want to battle and HEALS your pokemon
>Exp. Share
When will they stop?
>>
>>30092085
when the genwuners stop bitching about the game being too hard
>>
>despite all these changes, SM is still harder than 90% of all the other mainline games

What went right, lads?
>>
>>30092134
ive only black out once and that was during the fire trail, fucking poison & call ally venoshock bullshit
>>
>>30092134
>despite all these changes, SM is still harder than 90% of all the other mainline games
You meant "harder than 10%"
The 10% being XY and ORAS because everything is harder than gen 6

>b-b-but i nuzlocked blind SM and it was real hard, the game is hardcore, the dark souls of pokemon games
>>
>>30092198
kek
>>
>>30092198
I never even came close to blacking out in another Pokemon game except for Gen 2 and BW2
>>
>>30092198
What, did you struggle against Whitney's Miltank as a kid or something?
>>
>>30092085
Your image says it all. Game is targeted at kids, not adults. Difficulty levels are naturally meant for kids as well.
>>
Yeah op I'd much rather be ambushed at the end of Victory Road by the asthmatic kid I wrote off as worthless
>>
>>30092244
i never came even close to blacking out so far in sun/moon and i'm on my 4th playthrough

first time using emulator (where i had to use only three mons against the E4/kukui)
two playthroughs of moon
now starting sun

i blacked out by being dumb or doing dumb stuff in previous games

this game is so handholdey that it doesnt even let me dumb stuff, and if i insist its still lenient enough so you can recover from it
>>
>>30092302
The originals were targeted at kids too
>>
>>30092357
I'm 80% sure you have the Exp. Share on.

I did my Lurantis Moon run with only 5 mons, Exp Share off, and Set on, (since the last ended up being exclusive to the other version) and it was definitely challenging.
>>
>>30092432
i had for the emulator one, as i was playing blind
turned it off for the first two on the 3DS, still not a problem
sorry for not finding the game as hard as you, that doesn't mean i'm cheating though.
>>
>>30092394
Red and Green weren't, but they're the easiest.
>>
>>30092198
There are no battles in previous games that are significantly harder than Sun and Moon. Every battle in the history of the franchise has something that easily counters it.
>>
>>30092455
>i had for the emulator one, as i was playing blind
>already played the game and knew what to expect everywhere you went the second time

Wow who woulda thought you wouldn't have problems?!
>>
>>30092610
so the game is only "hard" the first time you play because you dont know what to expect just like any other? i thought it was all exp share fault!
>>
>>30092085
Once Red shows up to pound your shit in
>>
>>30092629
Because you're talking about blacking out, which should only happen if you didn't know what to expect, which you ruined for yourself by putting the Exp. Share on.

The game is still challenging even after knowing what to expect but you're just going out of your way to be able to deal with whatever's your next objective.
>>
>>30092277
I'd you didn't you specifically went easy mode by getting a Machop or Geodude
>>
This is a game for 7 year olds, friend.
>>
>>30092867
Nope, Quilava or Croconaw brute forces its way through just fine. It always amuses me when people complain about it.
>>
>>30092982
>quilava bruteforces her way over miltank

ahaha what the thing is made of paper
two rollouts and its dead

croconaw is more durable and can use the bugged rage against her, but good luck proving something isnt challenging when youre exploiting bugs, fag
>>
>>30093041
>Click Ember a few times
>Win

Even as a kid surely you had to know how to just spam your strongest move?

And no clue what bug you're talking about so don't paint me with that brush, fag. Just click Water Gun.
>>
>>30093165
>killing a full health miltank with two embers before it rollouts you to death because its faster

yeah nah you lying faggot
>>
>>30092629
Any "hard" part in the entire series has Pokemon who can completely bypass it if you know what's coming (Butterfree for Brock, Geodude for Whitney, ect). SM just has way, way more battles that can potentially wip someone than any other entry in the series.
>>
>>30093041
>not lowering its accuracy with mud slap rendering rollout useless and then switching in bayleef who has reflect and superior defenses

whitney is a fucking joke
>>
>>30093210
>using pokemon x to lower accuracy and then switching to bayleef somehow proves that you just need to click ember to win with cyndaquil

do you have mental problems
>>
>>30093197
What, why would Miltank be faster? Quilava is definitely in the 20s by the time you hit Miltank. How do you botch that up? I'm trying to wrap my mind around that.
>>
>>30092085
>rivals heals

Literally what is the problem here? Would you really want your rival to rub dirt in your face by fighting you with pokemon that could potentially be at near death? That just sems cruel...
>>
>>30093319
Miltank is fast as fuck dude
>>
>>30092198
I'd say it's more difficult than gens 1-3 and 6, actually.
>>
>>30093339
He just wants Green/Blue/Gary, Silver, and no one else. Didn't you know it's bad to not copy/paste characters?
>>
>>30093351
>gen 4
>hard

slow and boring =/= hard
D/P/Plt are hard to beat not because they're difficult but because they're so goddamn slow you can't help but give up during it
>>
>>30093041
>bugged rage
Explain, anon
>>
>>30093041
>Quilava used Smokescreen!
>Miltank used Rollout!
>But it failed!
>>
>>30093373
DPPt aren't hard, they're just harder than SM. Even then I should say that DP is easier than SM because you can cheese the entire game with empoleon/infernape.
>>
>Pokemon Red
>Pokemon center before each battle with Blue
Guize this is babby stuff
>>
>>30093423
yeah you have one turn after receiving the starting rollout to hit smokescreen and then rely on miltank missing it and then missing all the next hits while you slowly take her life away with embers and pray she doesn't milk drink all back

eezy peezy!

>>30093394
rage doesnt work as its supposed to be and gives you way more attack increase than it should.

it can also be stopped without losing the attack power if you know what you're doing
>>
this thread is making me say ''i want to fug whitney''.
>>
>>30093347
Base stat, sure, but it's not like they have full IVs, EVs, etc.

You're the one actively training so you do get EVs, and you should be a higher level by then, especially given Cyndaquil had the advantage of easy trainability with Bell Tower and the second gym. Or even just Cyndaquil alone through to Goldenrod guarantees you'll be ahead.
>>
>>30093426
No you can't.
>>
>>30093475
First person in this thread with anything worth saying.
>>
>>30093369
Yeah but here's the thing, Gary was also objectively the worst rival because of that. I want a rival that KNOWS the game, and not abuses it.
>chooses superior starter
>already has 4-6 pokemon by the time you would
>type diversity all around the board
>actually wants to win fights, and gets a little shaken by losing, but not being a whiny /vp/ bitch about losing to yoyr character
>still heals before battle because he WOULDN'T be an asshole
>>
>>30093493
Yes you can, I've done it before.
>>
File: Gary_b2a0e3_1020338.jpg (67KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
Gary_b2a0e3_1020338.jpg
67KB, 750x600px
>>30092085
>walk around a in cave for hours
>pokemon are near dead
>finally find freedom, the exit is in sight
>leave cave, a rival appears!
>time to get fucked red

this post is for the best rival
>>
>>30093489
>You're the one actively training so you do get EVs, and you should be a higher level by then

only if you EV train for it focusing on speed (which ruins your point complaining about it being easy)
if you're not overleveled you end up slower than Miltank. i tried it recently
>>
>>30093541
Wally was the worst rival though
>>
>>30092085
This game is infinitely harder than gen 1, 2 and maybe 3 though.
Back in the day you could finish the games with only you starter spamming whatever move because you'd be 20 lvls higher.

Games are more balanced more smartly now, battles take either a small amount of brain power or grinding. If they removed the story heals the games would be unapproachable for kids.

If you want a challenge, disable switch mode. If you want a real challenge and grind like a dumbass, turn off exp share.
>>
>>30093541
That never happened. Stop using dorkly as a replacement for nostalgia.

The only thing even remotely close would be if you completely ignored the Pokemon Center in Lavender town then immediately went to Pokemon Tower.
>>
>>30093573
yeah its so hard to beat all those trainers with one pokemon or team skull grunts with basic unevolved pokemon over and over

think of the kids! the battles are smart now!
>>
>>30093542
You don't have to specifically go for Speed. I'm saying you're the only one who picks up EVs at all and there are a shit ton of battles between Newbark and Goldenrod, not to mention you're going to be past its level by the time you get there. You don't have to grind at all. I've played through the games many times going Cyndaquil and Totodile.
>>
>>30093593
It happened, but not with gary.
Silver ambushes you several times without any kind of warning or healing nearby (the victory road one is merciless)
>>
>>30093600
Ive been playing with EXP share on and both playthroughs so far had me depending on max revives in battle by the E4.
>>
>>30093627
>max revives during the E4

you just suck then
if you said Kukui it would at least be easier to understand, he can be trick when you're finding out what his team is, but the E4 is a fucking joke

slowbro alone can solo three of them and just get anyone durable (like dugtrio) with stone edge and you can solo the bird girl
>>
>>30093423
I used Smokescreen and Miltank just ignored it and killed me anyways.

>>30093426
Using one pokemon makes every game easier

>>30092982
>85% male
>>
>>30093600
You can avoid most of those filler fights. In fact, if you do you won't be overleveled as fuck and maybe the trials will pose a challenge.

>I grind like a retard why is the game so easy?
>>
>>30093665
But all i had to do was keep exp share on and I'd be unstoppable.
>>
>>30093677
>if you don't run and avoid all trainers the game put in your path you're grinding

How does it feel to be so retarded
>>
>>30093541
Nor your greentext nor your picture ever happened.
>>
>>30093732
Of course you are, they are avoidable for a reason.
Only a handful of route trainers are completely unavoidable. it's not like stealth mechanics are a new thing, if you willingly fight every small fry then you are grinding.
>>
File: hardest game start and finish.png (24KB, 506x646px) Image search: [Google]
hardest game start and finish.png
24KB, 506x646px
>>30093600
This, the game should be super hard like Platinum
>>
>>30093666
>>85% male

What the devil did he mean by this?
>>
>>30092394
You could one shot everything in those games as well with your starter
>>
>>30093677
Not him but I did most of those fights with exp share on and my team was all around 54-55 by the time I hit Kukui. Decent challenge there, it was nice not to be so insanely overleveled.
>>
>>30093791
why are you telling me >>30093373 this?

I never said Platinum is hard you fuck
>>
Times sure have changed. I remember getting my ass kicked right after getting out of the rock tunnel
>>
File: hard game.png (22KB, 501x507px) Image search: [Google]
hard game.png
22KB, 501x507px
>>30093863
What? I was agreeing with you that Pokemon before gen 6 was challenging.
>>
>>30093041
Quilava is an autowin against Miltank. You get the Dig TM in the park.
>>
>>30093899
Do you have some sort of condition?
>>
>>30094021
I have stomach acid problems
>>
>>30094013
Yeah because everyone playing the first time thought about skipping the gym, going into the park and finding the hole in the fence to grab Dig hidden far in the corner
>>
Reminder that if you don't make every NPC have a gimmick, giving them more Pokemon is just several more turns of OHKOs and easy EXP.
Them having 1-2 Pokemon was never the problem, it's that they lack strategy or gimmicks.
>>
>not turning off exp share
>not switching to set like a man
>not going in blind

It's like you losers want these games to be easy.
>>
>>30094085
more pokemon means you use more of your resources, you have bigger risks, keep you on your toes during long runs because you need to manage your moves better, etcetera
of course gimmicks would be nice, but even gimmicks wouldnt save SM because there's no point in a trainer with a single gimmick mon that gets 1hitKOed anyway

It works for the red card guy but he's an exception. There's a trainer that tries to gimmick swap a Burning Orb to you but you kill his Abra so quickly that its never an issue and then its fight over. Whats the goddamn point? If he had more pokemon that fucking burning orb could be a problem
>>
File: 1450314250712.gif (2MB, 352x288px) Image search: [Google]
1450314250712.gif
2MB, 352x288px
>All these fucks claiming EXP. share makes the game easier

What it DOES is save me trips to the pokemon center and several more minutes of grinding to get my pokemon to the same level anyway. This doesn't suddenly make the pokemon or trainers I fight any less difficult.
It's a time saver. Nothing more.
>>
>>30094151
>This doesn't suddenly make the pokemon or trainers I fight any less difficult.
When you get more levels than you should the pokemon and trainers you fight get less difficult you braindead fuck

>b-but my pokemon center trips

like those are any problem in SM. there's one every corner and every five minutes someone will heal you anyway. can't even complain about having to keep a Fly HM slave anymore either
>>
Its a fucking kids game OP
>>
>>30094151
EXP Share makes all Pokemon who didn't participate get 50% of the EXP, it isn't even divided like Gen 1's EXP All.
So you're actually getting more EXP than the opponent would normally give.
>>
>>30094171
>When you get more levels than you should the pokemon and trainers you fight get less difficult
Raising your own stats and getting new moves =/= lowering the stats of opposing pokemon/removing their moveset,items,abilities,etc

And you can make this same exact stupid-as-fuck argument about grinding in general, with or without EXP. share. I don't understand what point you are trying to make here because we clearly are not talking about the same thing.
>you braindead fuck
How's being a hypocrite working out for ya?

It's the rough equivalent of using boosting type items in MMO/modern FPS games for the express purpose of saving time on any sort of grinding you might be doing.
>>
>>30094341
you goddamn moron
it would be the equivalent of giving you a high level sword instead of making you go through a cave and fight for it

as >>30094201 say you get extra xp out of thin air, you're getting points you never deserved by doing nothing

don't give me this "but the enemies dont get weaker!", they dont get weaker if you start the game with a full team of lvl100 pokemon either but its still easier and even a retard like you should be able to understand something so simple
>>
>>30093339
I was actually pretty pissed off at all the heals because they always seemed to happen right after i used my own items, to the point where every time i thought i'd reached a point where i should heal because something was about to happen, i wouldnt, and then lillie would show up out of nowhere and pokecenter me.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.